2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

Take Two vs. Modding

kristijan1001

OK WE NEED TO PROTEST THIS sh*t FOR REAL THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING JUST LIKE WHEN STEAM TRIED TO SELL MODS WE NEED TO RAISE AGAIN AND STOP THIS BULLsh*t,TWEET AT ROCKSTAR ,AT TAKE2 ,POST ON REDDIT WHENEVER LETS JUST DO SOMETHING

Fusionnek

F*ck... I really can't believe it happened... but u still can get on openiv and get into gta v files so whats the sense? if u can still get on openiv..

frazzlee

f*ck Take-Two, seriously, f*ck you.

still wanna work at R* ? lol

Lakitu

Yes, this letter is illiterate both technically and grammatically (really, they don't even bothered with proof-reading the text)

Are you sure it's actually legit then?

rollschuh2282

and we still can't open all .ymt files, or the creaturemetadata files for adding clothing, and and and... AHHHHHHH

theNGclan

This made me sick to my stomach and I actually puked. I cannot friggin believe this.

WLHM15

Well.. we can imagine, without creativity of modder outside there.. GTA would not be like used to be like this.

SMACKED!

1,967 users are reading this topic.

Hi mom

frazzlee

f*ck Take-Two, seriously, f*ck you.

still wanna work at R* ? lol

DoctorMike

the f*ck is this crap... what in the world... is this for real?! I can't believe it. :(

f*ck YOU TAKE TWO MOTHERf*ckERS, I HOPE Y'ALL BURN IN HELL YOU f*ckING c*ntS!

Claude_Lib

How about you just say "Go f*ck yourselves, Take Two" and continue? Or at least make OpenIV open source.

nkjellman

Well then this is disappointing. Take Two is officially worse than EA and Ubisoft.

I will not buy there games anymore. Play them, perhaps, but not buy.

SkylineGTRFreak

Bye bye GTA VI modding.

LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL f*ck?! BUT FFS, Rockstar even promoted mods in the past and now T2 f*cks them over. Seriously, I doubt R* alone would've done this.

NTAuthority

Cute! This is very GooD for the modding community, finally, the anti-Western modding hegemony will be broken.

Edited by NTAuthority

ghostsniper

"This is an automated post from take two asking for you to please take down this post because having fun in the singleplayer mode of gta v is illegal. Please delete this and proceed to give us your money in the form of 100 dollar shark cards. f*ck you and have a nice day" But in all setiousness I am f*cking pissed, like other than leaking the dripfeed vehicles (which is a dick move by them in the first place), openiv has done nothing. All of the scriptmods are th things that wreck gta online, but at least that way they can ban you and force you to buy another copy and buy more shark cards.

kristijan1001

Going to court will take at least few months of our time and huge amount of efforts, and, at best, we'll get absolutely nothing.

Spending time just to restore status quo is really unproductive, and all the money in the world can't compensate the loss of time.

So, we decided to agree with their claims and we're stopping distribution of OpenIV.

It was a hard decision, but when any modding activity has been declared illegal, we can't see any possibilities to continue this process,

unless top management of Take-Two company makes an official statement about modding, which can be used in court.

how about u open paypal or something to fund the court stuff and go to court this is absolute bsssssss

GtaFanatik

Remember when rockstar said they didn't mind modding single player? Yeah well f*ck you our suger daddy take two thinks it will interfere with shark card sales if you scrubs have fun with mods outside of our precious online. Buy a shark card or grind and DON'T cheat, mod,use harmless glitches,have fun outside of gta online etc and remember we are watching you at all times you little monsters.

I'm pretty sure it's because employees or whoever had unreleased GTA:O builds used OpenIV to leak those ugly new supercars weeks before the release of the updates.

Mega

Well, this is the end of an era.

OpenIV was the only tool we had to mod RAGE games other than the ancient and outdated Spark IV (and maybe a few others). The documentation for some stuff was absolutely terrible and the community did a bad job at helping people interested in modding get into action quickly. To this day I'm yet to see proper stuff on how to set up proper interiors for GTA IV. There's still a problem where you can't precisely place objects on the Z-axys, if I remember correctly. And when it came to GTA V, stuff was even worse.

But it was also a very robust tool. Model viewers, easy editing and navigating, and made modding incredibly easy. Without it, the GTA IV and V beta hunt threads would only have about 5 or 6 pages each, if not less. This is definitely a very sad day for people into BETA content, specially hunters like me and many others.

Can someone at least please make the latest version of OIV functional? I fear this update will turn the tool useless.

Edited by Mega

ikt

Thanks for your efforts. Hopefully this can continue in some way, though I kinda fear the worst.

Imder6

sh*t's about to go down *Takes out popcorn*

Kenworth

This is bullsh*t.

Y6INjFw.jpg

Now how am I suppose to enjoy GTA V without mods... :/

The Hell with Rockstar and Take Two! This is completely unfair them taking away our liberty to modify the game!

I don't know about the rest of you folks out there but I am furious. :angry:

LBJ

WHAT THE F UCK

Bitch Ass Bullshit

-Double Post-

Edited by Bitch Ass Bullshit

SkylineGTRFreak

Nice one, Take-Two. You're this community's inspiration, even though you quite litereally just f*cked with every possible way to mod a RAGE GTA.

Lol, a letter send by post equals 0. They didn't received it hand-given from T2 lawyers, so yeah.

No it's legit. They just have to make sure the letter reaches your jurisdiction. And your personal letterbox falls into that category.

Darth Yokel

If you want a concentrated effort in order to boycott, then you need to post this news on Steam Community and convince everybody to stop playing Online and stop buying shark cards until T2 changes their mind. There's only one way to win this, and that won't happen unless T2 tastes the consequences.

Tranquility Base Hotel

Edited by SuperHolySheep

Nasty Noodles

yNlQWRM.jpg

Kirsty

A sad day for the modding community.

It just seems completely unnecessary as how can such a tool be abused or violate their property? So much of Grand Theft Auto's legacy is built on single player modding, and Rockstar themselves even seem to know this, so where has it come from? Could it be anything to do with the Liberty City map?

Props to the OpenIV team who have dedicated themselves to the project over many years.

Ya Boy Punk Fan

Damn, man. Sorry to see your work squandered like this. I'm not on PC but I truly do feel for everyone affected by this. f*ck T2.