Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,513 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GooD-NTS

Take Two vs. Modding

Dwnld

I want this

;)

I think we all do!

I don't.

Also yay, R* did it.

PatrickJr.

I want this

;)

I think we all do!

I don't.

Also yay, R* did it.

Would you not want the OpenIV Version of the map?

_CP_

LC is dead, don't you understand?

PatrickJr.

Fully, I know this already.

gandalfthestupid

Fully, I know this already.

Me too that's why I made that earlier comment and I'm wondering why it got deleted (Edit) I just checked and it's back on the last page. That's weird Edited by gandalfthestupid

SaveOpenIV

@eduj77

Rockstar forbids conversions on the map of GTA V

Check out the article:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115009494848

Doesn't mean others are aware of the situation; But quite frankly, it will not stop others from attempting to continue a project.

Edited by SaveOpenIV

KM964

Man this thread died down rather quickly lol

zanesix

What's there left to do? We're all just playing the waiting game for now...

Edited by zanesix

CarnageRacing00

It really does baffle me as to why Good will not make some sort of statement to let the community know what is happening, still all the signs are good.

He's probably been advised to keep his mouth shut due to the fallacious nature of his post in which he announced the Cease and Desist. He kinda spoke before he had all of the facts at hand and now that it's been proven that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV, he kinda has his foot in his mouth. It's just that 99% of the community doesn't want to point that out to him because of this weird sort of Nightingale Effect going on where GooD is the "victim" and the community is the nurse.

Ash_735

He's probably been advised to keep his mouth shut due to the fallacious nature of his post in which he announced the Cease and Desist. He kinda spoke before he had all of the facts at hand and now that it's been proven that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV, he kinda has his foot in his mouth. It's just that 99% of the community doesn't want to point that out to him because of this weird sort of Nightingale Effect going on where GooD is the "victim" and the community is the nurse.

Oh f*ck off with that guesswork bullsh*t. He's moving house and busy, that's why they've not spoke yet, they want to do a proper statement, IF the original C&D was still in place and it was OpenIV being blamed for these additional hacks done by others modifying their work, then Take-Two wouldn't have sent a waver notice stating that OpenIV is allowed to continue BUT LCiV has to remain dead.

SMG

now that it's been proven that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV

Do you mind sharing a source on that one?

germinus

Oh f*ck off with that guesswork bullsh*t.

I think that is a tad harsh! We are all entitled to our own opinions and thoughts.

cp1dell

Except when it's already been explained what's going on, and why GooD hadn't made a statement already.

Remix1994PL

Hmm....

w1kKr-s_S2aWwehNqt5_PQ.png

PatrickJr.

Hmm....

w1kKr-s_S2aWwehNqt5_PQ.png

Means nothing, just his wordpress blog is having issues connecting, maybe server down. just chill and wait.

Edit: See it's back. stop panicking.

Edited by PatrickJr.

Remix1994PL

I did not panic. I thought maybe it was some rebuild of the site / content after the talks with Rockstar. But that was not it.

jWILL253

Are you a dev on the OpenIV team?

Mr.Arrow

NsIdJbC.png

The statement is straightforward, any map conversion from other games or Rockstar Games is strictly forbidden.

Wakka387

NsIdJbC.png

The statement is straightforward, any map conversion from other games or Rockstar Games is strictly forbidden.

This is why GTA IV still exists

D T

Bro, stop trying to make GTA IV happen. It's not going to happen.

wootwoots

that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV,

Official sources ? ( ofc, other than the R* damage control attempt ) real proof ?

You state like if you own the truth, but so far, i dont see ( and never saw ) any real.

Edited by wootwoots

sebiTCR

You can make a new website and rename the tool

CarnageRacing00
Oh f*ck off with that guesswork bullsh*t. He's moving house and busy, that's why they've not spoke yet, they want to do a proper statement, IF the original C&D was still in place and it was OpenIV being blamed for these additional hacks done by others modifying their work, then Take-Two wouldn't have sent a waver notice stating that OpenIV is allowed to continue BUT LCiV has to remain dead.

"f*ck off with that guesswork bullsh*t"

>Proceeds to spew guesswork

Good game, bro.

now that it's been proven that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV

Do you mind sharing a source on that one?

that OpenIV was, in fact, responsible for "recent malicious mods", even though it was an altered version of OpenIV,

Official sources ? ( ofc, other than the R* damage control attempt ) real proof ?

You state like if you own the truth, but so far, i dont see ( and never saw ) any real.

Official sources? Rockstar. Oh wait, that's not good enough for you, OF COURSE. Well, GooDy himself did admit that it was, after all, possible, and he also seemed to know exactly how it could be done, so I'm gonna go ahead and say that if Goody himself knows it can be done, knows multiple ways it can be done, and Rockstar says that it WAS done, well... 2+2... do the math friend.

MeatSafeMurderer

Good game, bro.

You...you do know who Ash_735 is right? He's known for his particularly accurate "guesswork" (if you want to call it that)...and for good reason. If he says T2 sent a waiver...it's because they sent a waiver. If he says OpenIV has been allowed to continue...it's because...I think you get the picture.

Edited by MeatSafeMurderer

Remix1994PL

Edited by Remix1994PL

jWILL253

NsIdJbC.png

Let me know when Rockstar starts taking down all the Niko Belic model mods, or takes down the IV to V car conversion mod.

Edited by jWILL253

CarnageRacing00

Good game, bro.

You...you do know who Ash_735 is right? He's known for his particularly accurate "guesswork" (if you want to call it that)...and for good reason. If he says T2 sent a waiver...it's because they sent a waiver. If he says OpenIV has been allowed to continue...it's because...I think you get the picture.

No, I don't know who he is, and I don't care because I don't idolize people who happen to have some sort of clairvoyance in regards to this game. That kind of information is almost never obtained legitimately.

But I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying that until he provides proof that this information is factual (prior to an official confirmation by OpenIV), then it can ONLY be considered guess work.

And to that end, what I suggested is just as likely. He probably HAS been advised to STFU, before he says something else he can't take back.

Edited by CarnageRacing00

JuniorChubb

Edit: Decided not to get involved, it will only lead to frustration. Have fun guys :)

Edited by JuniorChubb

MeatSafeMurderer

No, I don't know who he is, and I don't care because I don't idolize people who happen to have some sort of clairvoyance in regards to this game. That kind of information is almost never obtained legitimately.

But I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm saying that until he provides proof that this information is factual (prior to an official confirmation by OpenIV), then it can ONLY be considered guess work.

And to that end, what I suggested is just as likely. He probably HAS been advised to STFU, before he says something else he can't take back.

Clairvoyance? No. Well informed and well connected. Yes. I can't be bothered to argue with you on this...so I'm just going to close with this; Ash_735 is in direct communication with the OpenIV team; something which has already been proven in this thread. He knows what he's talking about...and you would do well to believe him.