Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Nasty Noodles

Weaponized Tampa Appreciation & Discussion

Pedinhuh

Man this car is f*cking INSANE!

The dual mini guns shred through almost everything in front of it with easy, missiles are so-so and the mortars are very handy when you're being chased(chasing this thing is not a good idea).

Suddenly, My Duke O'Death is not so badass anymore.

Dadditude

The dual mini guns shred through almost everything in front of it with easy, missiles are so-so and the mortars are very handy when you're being chased(chasing this thing is not a good idea).

Love the Tampa, but the DoD will always have its explosion resistance, at least.

SickBoy

Love the Tampa, but the DoD will always have its explosion resistance, at least.

When it's got mortars crashing down on top of it, rolling over mines and has a dual minigun killing the engine, something tells me it isn't gonna have that explosive resistance for long

Dadditude

When it's got mortars crashing down on top of it, rolling over mines and has a dual minigun killing the engine, something tells me it isn't gonna have that explosive resistance for long

Oh, I'm not saying it's a match for the Tampa; only that it's not totally worthless. Of course with all the new ammo types, I don't think any vehicle is completely safe anymore. Heavy sniper with explosive rounds and a theoretical 2 mile (approximately) firing range... *shudder*

Snoopbr

Definitely has an I76 feel to it.

interstate-76_intro_2.jpg

Weaponized Tampa is pure Interstate '76! Unfortunately decals are not available. :/

AUScowboy

Massive amounts of firepower, four to be precise. You can use proxi mines and missles/MGs at the same time, what more is there to say? Such a versatile killing machine in quite a tiny beast of a package.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

Massive amounts of firepower, four to be precise. You can use proxi mines and missles/MGs at the same time, what more is there to say? Such a versatile killing machine in quite a tiny beast of a package.

It makes the DOD irrelevant in the sense of protection and an attacking vehicle at the same time. DOD lasts a bit longer but whats the point if you can't protect yourself in the process.

No Use For A Name

A fun game to play with the Tampa is seeing how quickly you can get a 5* wanted level. Haven't been able to crack a minute yet, but I've gotten close

TommyTightShoes

How do I use the mortars on ps4 ?

CrysisAverted

A fun game to play with the Tampa is seeing how quickly you can get a 5* wanted level. Haven't been able to crack a minute yet, but I've gotten close

Drive it into Zancudo

How do I use the mortars on ps4 ?

You have to research them, if I recall from the mission you have to rotate out the weapons. So if its set to control the miniguns hit whatever button it is to switch weapons to rockets then mortars

Edited by CrysisAverted

JR_Death

n9yHuVi.jpg

WyohPUI.jpg

rI7GpSR.jpg

SacYA63.jpg

Black-Dragon96

Its a really nice car. I was able to testdrive a friends one and i would really like to get one but i sadly have no garagespace left.

The only thing that i do not like is the "armor". Why the heck does someone put rusty steelplates and waterpipes on a car to "armor" it? Anyone got a picture of it, with all weapons but no plating in mate black or bundeswehr camo (Thats how i would like to build mine.)?

Edited by Black-Dragon96

Wscratch

Plz remind me to not use horn when not moving

Mattoropael

*Beep!*

*Beep beep beep*

"Oh shi-"

> Screen fades to black and white, showing a burning wreckage

A friend blew himself up like 5 times in one night when he first got the upgrade.

Econobrick

Unlocked everything, but I wanted to keep the stock grill and trunk.

Plus, I wasn't sure how necessary the mortars and missiles would really be given their limited ammo.

Having the dual swivel miniguns were the most important part to me... which of course, turned out to be THE VERY LAST THING TO UNLOCK OUT OF 45 ITEMS. (oddly enough, it was the first thing to unlock on my 2nd character)

Generally not really a fan of Post-apocalyptic style vehicles, but it looks a bit odd to have the turret on an otherwise stock car, so I did something in between.

jQKnqCzdK0qe5csEHABCxg_0_0.jpg

I liked the spray paint camo a lot, but didn't keep it and went back to regular paint. Awesome car.

Edited by Econobrick

Mattoropael

Unlocked everything, but I wanted to keep the stock grill and trunk.

Plus, I wasn't sure how necessary the mortars and missiles would really be given their limited ammo.

Having the dual swivel miniguns were the most important part to me... which of course, turned out to be THE VERY LAST THING TO UNLOCK OUT OF 45 ITEMS. (oddly enough, it was the first thing to unlock on my 2nd character)

Generally not really a fan of Post-apocalyptic style vehicles, but it looks a bit odd to have the turret on an otherwise stock car, so I did something in between.

[image]

I liked the spray paint camo a lot, but didn't keep it and went back to regular paint. Awesome car.

You'll at least need either the missile or mortar for the car to not drive like sh*t:

Just a little PSA: Do not drive with the dual minigun turret as your active weapon unless you're using it. The rotation of the thing wrecks the car's handling due to how heavy it is, and screws up your chase cam because it would stick to where the turret is pointing instead of chasing your car's rear.

Econobrick

You'll at least need either the missile or mortar for the car to not drive like sh*t

I haven't had any problems with it. It's obviously top heavy when in the air from jumps, etc. but as far as on the actual road it's been fine.

It might help that I've been driving stuff like the Phoenix since 2013 and almost never drive supercars and rarely drive sports.

Edited by Econobrick

Starkoji

Beautiful car with a variety of weapons, which are things I love about it. Too bad the armor is pretty much useless, one explosion and it is game over. I suppose that makes it balanced though.

Edited by Starkoji

Goingcrowd9

*Beep!*

*Beep beep beep*

"Oh shi-"

> Screen fades to black and white, showing a burning wreckage

A friend blew himself up like 5 times in one night when he first got the upgrade.

One time I started a sell mission in the FAV buggy when my crewmate drove the the same bunker I just came from...

*presses horn*

Oh wait, I have no...

WASTED

luckely the dune didn't get destroyed...

(Not that it really mattered, since I got an network error before I made my first drop... ).

Piro

Close enough
c_ZebraCab.png

lZd77jZ.png

a1dopeman

Do the front missiles lock onto anything? I unlocked them last night, but found they don't lock onto freeroam players in cars, and also won't lock onto Headhunter targets. Does the lock-on only work for missions?

coelacanth72

So is the armor even worth it?

Dadditude

Do the front missiles lock onto anything? I unlocked them last night, but found they don't lock onto freeroam players in cars, and also won't lock onto Headhunter targets. Does the lock-on only work for missions?

The Tampa's missiles are unguided, and do not lock on.

So is the armor even worth it?

Other than a bit of coverage on the driver's window, it doesn't help much. I took all the plating off mine, so it looks like a stock Tampa except for the weapons. 😝 Edited by dadditude

Black-Dragon96

I took all the plating off mine, so it looks like a stock Tampa except for the weapons. 😝

You got a picture?

In all videos I watched, the player put this ugly a$$ armor plating on the car.

VDTor

Loving the weapons but I hate how vulnerable it is to explosives. I was expecting DoD like Armour when unlocking that Heavy Make-Shift Armour.

79'Blazer4x4

I got lucky and managed to unlock the dual minigun and missile mods one after the other, but nobody ever joins my missions so I'm struggling to get the discount for it :cry:

Prince_Polaris

What is the armor like on this thing? Is it DoD level where you can just park your ass in gang territory and they can shoot the car all they want without hitting you, or is it like any other car where your ass is f*cked when the enemies decide it's Aimbot time?

Or maybe like my halftrack where the front and back is 100% protection and the sides are 0%?

Edited by Prince_Polaris

Dadditude

You got a picture?

In all videos I watched, the player put this ugly a$$ armor plating on the car.

Will definitely take some next time I am in-game and post them, as I just (finally) unlocked the rear mortar.

ShadowlessDevil

I use it for Bounty Hunting. Very effective. I don't care much about the armor it has...I've upgrade its weapons to the max! :)

GoodTimesAhead

I think they rolled the dice on this car. One random vehicle gets chosen? R* couldn't implement the entire muscle class for weaponization...maybe 3-5 different vehicles...useless no sale.