Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

metoxys

Night Shark Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

CobraX

Has anyone else noticed that the weapon options are gone? Bought a Nightshark in the past, got the free one today. My old one had the machine guns and mines on it, since I've bought the new one, none of them has machine guns or mines on it and there's no weapon section anymore when I drive either of them into the MOC.

Edited by CobraX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael
5 minutes ago, CobraX said:

Has anyone else noticed that the weapon options are gone? Bought a Nightshark in the past, got the free one today. My old one had the machine guns and mines on it, since I've bought the new one, none of them has machine guns or mines on it and there's no weapon section anymore when I drive either of them into the MOC.

The Nightshark never had mines, and came with the peashooters stock. You're confusing it with other Gunrunning vehicles, probably the Insurgent Pickup Custom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraX
3 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

The Nightshark never had mines, and came with the peashooters stock. You're confusing it with other Gunrunning vehicles, probably the Insurgent Pickup Custom.

 

Oh right, I just double checked. Both still have the machine guns default equipped, that's why there's no weapons menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viewbob
6 hours ago, Mattoropael said:

Well, I've recently retook my old Nightshark screenshot, may as well throw it here as a celebration of sorts.

 

SCfi7mV.jpg

ey what colours are used for this, including the wheels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuturePastNow
2 hours ago, RyuNova said:

Will theses eventually go back up in price?

They're only free for one week, for guest listers. Then the price will return.

 

The freebies obtained this week will never have a sale value, though, so filling a garage with them is just a waste of space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hugh750

i got my nightshark today (for free) i painted it blaze red metallic & desert camo (for primary) and chrome (secondary).

plus fully upgraded it, but it seems like the guns don't do much damage to npc vehicles.

 

72fea6d5-bc14-4db4-86f2-3827d988c4a0.PNG

Edited by hugh750

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CobraX

I can't seem to sell my old Nightshark which I paid for in the past. I see the value for selling it, it even says "vehicle sold" but then when it wants to return me to the street I always get the same error message:

 

"Transaction failed because inventory or price data is invalid. Please reboot the game to refresh the game catalog and try again."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Garland137

I've been getting that error message constantly since After Hours dropped.  Buying or selling any vehicle in any condition, there's like a 50/50 chance I'll get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael
On 8/8/2018 at 3:20 AM, sea cucumber said:

ey what colours are used for this, including the wheels

Matte Desert Tan primary (and wheels), Matte Ice White secondary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Viewbob
1 hour ago, Mattoropael said:

Matte Desert Tan primary (and wheels), Matte Ice White secondary.

thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Forza Harrd
On 8/7/2018 at 1:26 PM, hugh750 said:

i got my nightshark today (for free) i painted it blaze red metallic & desert camo (for primary) and chrome (secondary).

plus fully upgraded it, but it seems like the guns don't do much damage to npc vehicles.

 

72fea6d5-bc14-4db4-86f2-3827d988c4a0.PNG

 

I've never used the guns on mine, I forgot it had guns lol. I just use it like it was a hot rodded Insurgent. Great car to get from point a to point b in free roam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
senn

the guns on this are irrelevant, it's the amount of damage it soaks up from missiles, and how fast it is that makes it shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBricktop

hands down the best vehicle in game for when you want to stay alive

 

but for f*cks sake i can't make it look good

 

no matter what i do it still looks like a toy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael
8 hours ago, TheBricktop said:

hands down the best vehicle in game for when you want to stay alive

 

but for f*cks sake i can't make it look good

 

no matter what i do it still looks like a toy

 

The MOC cabs (but not the trailer) are tougher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBricktop
33 minutes ago, Mattoropael said:

 

The MOC cabs (but not the trailer) are tougher.

of course they are, so is terrorbyte and the avenger

 

but they're nowhere as accesible, fast and nimble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mattoropael
12 hours ago, TheBricktop said:

of course they are, so is terrorbyte and the avenger

 

but they're nowhere as accesible, fast and nimble

Avenger has identical armor to the Nightshark and is prone to the aircraft armor bug that occasionally make it explode regardless of remaining health, but has the benefit of being a hard-to-hit air target that can actually dodge missiles.

 

Terrorbyte has significantly better RPG/Sticky defense (9 to kill vs 34 to kill), but is only barely more durable against missiles than the Nightshark (27 to kill vs 34 to kill), and is a massive, barely-maneuverable target, so... yeah, that's pretty bad.

 

 

Why I mentioned the MOC cab is because it is significantly more durable than the Nightshark (9 RPG to kill vs 24 RPGs to kill; 27 missiles to kill vs 69 missiles to kill), which more than offsets the Nightshark's speed advantage when it comes to dealing with missile spammers.

 

Oh, and it comes with a bullet-proof rear end that you can reverse-driveby people with like it's 2014 with a Zentorno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheBricktop
2 hours ago, Mattoropael said:

Avenger has identical armor to the Nightshark and is prone to the aircraft armor bug that occasionally make it explode regardless of remaining health, but has the benefit of being a hard-to-hit air target that can actually dodge missiles.

 

Terrorbyte has significantly better RPG/Sticky defense (9 to kill vs 34 to kill), but is only barely more durable against missiles than the Nightshark (27 to kill vs 34 to kill), and is a massive, barely-maneuverable target, so... yeah, that's pretty bad.

 

 

Why I mentioned the MOC cab is because it is significantly more durable than the Nightshark (9 RPG to kill vs 24 RPGs to kill; 27 missiles to kill vs 69 missiles to kill), which more than offsets the Nightshark's speed advantage when it comes to dealing with missile spammers.

 

Oh, and it comes with a bullet-proof rear end that you can reverse-driveby people with like it's 2014 with a Zentorno.

I agree with all that you said but Phantom cab is REALLY hard to move around cus it has the turning radius of a titanic

 

Hauler on the other hand is way more nimble (and looks better!) buuut you can't throw stickies out of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219

The nightshark deserves way more love in here.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

I just wish they would fix the side window panels so they actually stop bullets and not let bullets pass through when the windows are broken. This is my only gripe on my most favourite land vehicle in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheTitantron
5 minutes ago, White Shark said:

I just wish they would fix the side window panels so they actually stop bullets and not let bullets pass through when the windows are broken. This is my only gripe on my most favourite land vehicle in the game.

Window panels on most of newer "armored" vehicles are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT2YIELD
On 12/21/2018 at 6:29 AM, TheBricktop said:

hands down the best vehicle in game for when you want to stay alive

 

but for f*cks sake i can't make it look good

 

no matter what i do it still looks like a toy

Once I used one of the metals for secondary color and Gruppe Z wheels it started to look ... kinda tough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219
4 hours ago, White Shark said:

I just wish they would fix the side window panels so they actually stop bullets and not let bullets pass through when the windows are broken. This is my only gripe on my most favourite land vehicle in the game.

I have tested this quite a bit, we get shot out of the open slots in the windows, same with the front. Have somebody free aim the pannels you will not get hit. The slots just happen to be level with the drivers head so when bullets do go through slots usually its a headshot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
3 minutes ago, BOOGIEMAN219 said:

I have tested this quite a bit, we get shot out of the open slots in the windows, same with the front. Have somebody free aim the pannels you will not get hit. The slots just happen to be level with the drivers head so when bullets do go through slots usually its a headshot. 

If you park the Night Shark up, break all the windows, then shoot specifically at the paneling that still covers the windows, you will notice and hear bullets hitting the metal, without passing through when done on the front and rear windows, but not so with the side windows.  Stand back a bit so you can aim precisely.  The side windows are the issue and I'm sure is a bug which has never been fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NT2YIELD
3 minutes ago, White Shark said:

If you park the Night Shark up, break all the windows, then shoot specifically at the paneling that still covers the windows, you will notice and hear bullets hitting the metal, without passing through when done on the front and rear windows, but not so with the side windows.  Stand back a bit so you can aim precisely.  The side windows are the issue and I'm sure is a bug which has never been fixed.

Is it a bug or a nerf though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark
1 minute ago, NT2YIELD said:

Is it a bug or a nerf though?

It's always been that way since its release.  It's hard to tell if it is intentional.  If they wanted to make you vulnerable to side attacks, then the paneling should just have been left off the side windows when applying it, as even though it does nothing, it still prevents you from using personal weapons whilst driving or as a passenger.  Very frustrating.  This is why I think it's a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BOOGIEMAN219
1 hour ago, White Shark said:

If you park the Night Shark up, break all the windows, then shoot specifically at the paneling that still covers the windows, you will notice and hear bullets hitting the metal, without passing through when done on the front and rear windows, but not so with the side windows.  Stand back a bit so you can aim precisely.  The side windows are the issue and I'm sure is a bug which has never been fixed.

Maybe I didn't break the windows first, will check this out here soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crsN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geisterfaust

^ Aladeen asked his ride back. 

152196.jpg

Edited by hei3enberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
White Shark

Regardless of the side window issue, this is still my "when all else fails" transport. People overlook it, but the thing is like a cockroach. Fast and hard to kill. I've hunted bounties with it, escaped MKIIs and jets whilst taking multiple hits, and completed multiple missions using it. Plus it's based on its Russian counterpart, so instant awesome factor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hyperlith

I pulled mine out of mothballs to give it an ad hoc run during business battles. Survived a broomstick's magic missile and 3-4 RPG hits. And damn, this thing moves almost like the Kuruma and hits like a battering ram. Love it, love its durability.

ps., I press the X button when I'm around gun play. Seems to help me avoid getting shot by the side window vulnerability [because I'm ducking]. I may've just gotten lucky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.