3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

MGgames100

APC Appreciation Thread

MeisterJazz

What a huge disappointment. I was really looking forward to getting this to since im mostly a solo player but screw it.

_CP_

Too bad that Rockstar haven't decided to use Valkirye's nose turret, it's exactly the same as in APC from TBOGT.

MagicalBasturd

What a huge disappointment. I was really looking forward to getting this to since im mostly a solo player but screw it.

Then you will definitely enjoy the new Tampa. What it lacks in armor like the APC and movement like the Ruiner 2K it makes up for in the shear amount of damage that damn thing can put out. Did I mention that it's lone-wolf friendly?

-KM-

You know what is the worst part?

It could be EASILY solo vehicle...

All they have to do is change from 1 to 0 "WeaponSeats" parameter in the vehicle.meta...

I CAN'T EVEN!

My guess is they'll do this for an adversary mode or something.

Oh yeah, even with a passenger this thing is terrible. Blows up in four shots (with people in it) you can get shot out of it too, and furthermore it has the same cannon as the tank, not like GTA4's rapid fire one. It's basically just a Rhino that needs a gunner and is vulnerable to bullets, why not just use a tank? And if you need to transport a few people, why not just use an Insurgent? Cheaper and holds more people while having the same level of protection.

*sigh* Just another example (out of dozens of vehicles) that clearly hasn't been balance tested properly. Absolute f*cking shambles.

DangerZ0neX

Reading all these pages of hopefulness and excitement before the realization is just depressing.

SHADOW OPS

Having friends makes things much easier.

MeisterJazz

Then you will definitely enjoy the new Tampa. What it lacks in armor like the APC and movement like the Ruiner 2K it makes up for in the shear amount of damage that damn thing can put out. Did I mention that it's lone-wolf friendly?

Wrd? Would you be so kind to explain it to me cuz in all honesty it's the only vehicle besides the MOC thats caught my attention.

Mazawattee

My god this thing is overpowered. Me and my friend went on an almost unstoppable rampage with it. It shrugged off like 25 rockets. Only thing that stopped us was my friend getting kicked.

CallsignReaver

You know what is the worst part?

It could be EASILY solo vehicle...

All they have to do is change from 1 to 0 "WeaponSeats" parameter in the vehicle.meta...

I CAN'T EVEN!

*handling.meta

(Had to :p )

So does this mean an Amphibious LAV?

Reading all these pages of hopefulness and excitement before the realization is just depressing.

Rockstar kills dreams, bunch o wankers

My god this thing is overpowered. Me and my friend went on an almost unstoppable rampage with it. It shrugged off like 25 rockets. Only thing that stopped us was my friend getting kicked.

you can do the exact same with the insurgent...

Edited by CallsignReaver

Mazawattee

I've never had the Insurgent last that long though. My APC got caught in many of it's own rockets and wasn't phased by any of them. Also, you're nowhere near as well protected in the Insurgent as you are in the APC.

MGgames100

Adrosphinx

Ok got my friend got an APC and here our our findings.

*Its far more powerful than the turreted insurgent, in terms of armor and firepower

*Its really fast on both land and sea.

*You cannot use the vehicle in heists like some of the other cars from the DLC (I suspect that this is also true of the oppressor but haven't confirmed)

* The stock gun is better

* Occupants are very safe from gunfire, those in the rear being practically immune.

It might not be the overpowered hydra killer we were hoping for, but all things considered its an insanely capable vehicle.

Natsuki

Too bad it looks like a piece of sh*t, bolted together, scrap metal piece of garbage.

Even if it was the most useful vehicle in the game I wouldn't drive it. I'll stick with the regular Tampa.

DangerZ0neX

You're right, and it's so sad you don't have any.

Mattoropael

And yet more stupidity coming from this madness:

In TBoGT, the armored windscreen flap being opened was purely cosmetic and thus didn't matter much. In GTAO, the windscreen is now a destructible, bullet-resistant glass, which means it makes zero sense for the flap being up instead of covering the windscreen like any sensible crew would make certain of in combat situations...

Yes yes, I know it's "for balance", but it doesn't make it any less stupid to be presented this way. It would be better if the flap is simply deleted if the windscreen must be vulnerable.

Edited by Mattoropael

Killerman29

What the hell have they done with the apc? a tank cannon for an apc??? rockstar, can you stop f*cking up everything? is so easy to put the right auto-cannon for the apc, simply modding one or two files, i can do it myself, jesus christ

Edited by Killerman29

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

What the hell have they done with the apc? a tank cannon for an apc??? rockstar, can you stop f*cking up everything? is so easy to put the right auto-cannon for the apc, simply modding one or two files, i can do it myself, jesus christ

Take the rocket launcher setup...even with one person in it that thing will be a vehicle hunter....and with 2 people and that unguided aa setup, it will hunt pretty much ANYTHING, except maybe aircraft, but heck, even that might be a debatable claim.

MitchMaljers

Take the rocket launcher setup...even with one person in it that thing will be a vehicle hunter....and with 2 people and that unguided aa setup, it will hunt pretty much ANYTHING, except maybe aircraft, but heck, even that might be a debatable claim.

Manning the SAM Battery.. with some skill and precision I've taken out 3 Hydra's and 2 Buzzards yesterday..

Those rockets fly really fast.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Manning the SAM Battery.. with some skill and precision I've taken out 3 Hydra's and 2 Buzzards yesterday..

Those rockets fly really fast.

Is there not a quite huge deadzone from above though ?

I mean...yesterday someone tried to hit me...and for sure there were a lot of near misses, but once i was straight above it the rockets just flow quite a lot behind me and i just had to fly down in a slight angle and kill them.

SmokesWithCigs

love my new apc. I did the rail gun supply mission solo the apc made it so easy.

Bandersnatch

Definitely a shame you cant solo drive and gun with this, borrowed a mates and we did most wanted soooo much fun as a team.

SHADOW OPS

It's so sad you keep trying to get a negative reaction out of me. I have over 50 friends playing GTAO right now.

Nice try skippy.

DangerZ0neX

It's so sad you keep trying to get a negative reaction out of me. I have over 50 friends playing GTAO right now.

Nice try skippy.

You were negative enough to reply to a day-old comment, my my, did it really take you that long to come up with something as weak as this?

I'm believing that your Online friends are about as imaginary as your childhood friends.

SHADOW OPS

Edited by ragedandcaged

thesentient

If you can't see that a fully upgraded APC dwarfs the possible damage output of even the Insurgent Pickup, you're just refusing to see it.

nido997

this thing is beautiful and powerful , a must buy if you´re into trouble making :)

20170616085720_1.jpg

20170616085649_1.jpg

20170616085737_1.jpg

20170616085712_1.jpg

HipHopHead

I don't know why all the hate. This thing is pretty sweet.

I just have the stock gun but everything else upgraded (armor, turbo, etc.) and this thing wrecks sh*t!

I had a random jump in last night and we went on a rampage from Sandy Shores Airfield all the way down to the middle of the city before it even started smoking. 5 stars on us the whole time, a couple sticky bombs, a few Savage rocket blasts, a few spurts from a Minigun, it took it all. Haven't been up against a Jet yet though so I cannot speak as to how it handles that.

You are basically invincible in it and it's only a phone call away since it's PV.

All the other past turreted vehicles are now obsolete IMO (Insurgent, Limo, Technical, etc.)

This is the only vehicle I have bought so far from the update but I do not regret it. Good fun with a 2nd player.

JohnGazman

jHx0eEg_s0WFKsoQMKTPDQ_0_0.jpg

i5wvMPKYn0i4fm1-t6LizQ_0_0.jpg

Imagine an Insurgent pick-up with Insurgent PV armor upgrades, two side mounted MGs and a rapid-fire missile launcher, dropping mines out of it's ass, while driving on Land or in the Sea. With all seats filled, this thing is an absolute monster. It desperately needs a Homing/Non-Homing option for the missiles, however - calling the upgraded weapons a SAM launcher is something of misnomer.

Edited by JohnGazman

Alien Reaper

Happy Hunter

Something I also don't like, other than it not being true to the original, is that it's a big advantage for groups of players to have - while lone wolves are left high and dry.

I mean, with two people it's essentially a faster version of a Rhino. Even if it's not true to the original, regardless it's still a powerful tool to just be able to call one up on the spot, have it appear right near you, and have your enemy face 20K just to destroy it. In the old days that kind of thing was cheating, getting a Rhino in your garage like that.

That's not necessarily what I don't like - what I don't like is that this powerful new ability - it's only available if you've got more than one person.

Did groups of tryhards really need more of an advantage over lone wolves than they already had?