2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GTAForumsGod

Why are Tryhards"(rebreathers) so good at gunfights

Pedinhuh

The rage of tryhards is usually a lot more rewarding than that of non-tryhards. They get angrier and lose it more quickly.

They're best scraped up in a Savage; gives the optimal flavour.

And then they respond by destroying your Savage with snowballs...

ProKiller93

who the f*ck skips story mode

Sky_Light12

The rage of tryhards is usually a lot more rewarding than that of non-tryhards. They get angrier and lose it more quickly.

if they can hit it :p

well i was once had BP+tactical mask combo until outfit wipe

SHADOW OPS

Some people. Not me. I didn't 100% it but I beat the main campaign.

Pedinhuh

The kind of f*cks who are responsible for V not having the three Story DLCs that R* had initially planned.

(Besides the situation with The Benz leaving the company)

And also the kind of f*cks who are responsible for V be lacking of content post-game completion and post IGG PT.2

flexcreator

The rebreather makes them move faster

Is this true? I still wouldn't do it. Just like the bp helmet it looks silly IMO.

Of course it is true.

Also, the word "gullible" isn't found in the dictionary.

It's also written on every ceiling in the world, which is quite amazing.

But seriously, from what I know, BP helmets, Biker helmets, Bandanas and the Tron outfit helmets all protect from headshots, so does the rebreather add to this protection, or have a different side effect?

Bandanas are patched by the way. They no longer protect you from a bullet.

malcolm_tucker

Tryhards, basically the OP is just a clueless tryhard who started the thread to get info in the hope of becoming a fully-fledged tryhard

DoomAkuma

Basically those people play so often (or spend they're time playing just going on killing sprees) they have learned the game mechanics and how to roll and aim at the right time.

In auto aim timing the roll and where the reticle will be at when shooting is how these folks can get the quicker kill on you.

Time your rolls and when you shoot aim for the head or aim where the aiming reticle will be after or before the roll. And use the special assult rifle, it is quick and accurate and can guarantee a head shot 90% of the time.

Aside from that sometimes they could have a better (or worse) connection leading to connectivity issues where they shooter quicker or your bullets are not taking effect because of the lag. It's happen often that I shot someone in the head and they kill me and 2 secs later I see they died after killing me lol. GTAO connection makes PVP and PVE much more frustrating.

Oh and some folk play with their snack menu open 24/7 so they just eat snacks and get body armor while fighting to make it seem like they have a ton of health

Edited by WanderingDrifterDoomin

DrSweatySphincter

"muh kd ratio"

HHHNNNNGGGGGGGG

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Tryhards implies almost that wearing all kind of easy obtainable objects giving someone an advantage is actually something obscure or even hard to achieve.

Really, though my skills in freeroam wars really went down once i transfered to PC from PS3, i have no problem with using dirty cheap tactics to get easy kills on people specializing in freeroam fights.

Also to answer the question, they are probably like me...but actually good and specialized at that one single thing, thus very good at what they do, squeezing the most out of what they can to get the upper hand over other people in pvp settings.

Currently i am kinda a try hard(i really lack skill and rely on tactics that are pretty much cheap), but i am kinda to smug to get angry because of that sh*t.

The only things that annoy me in this games are the sh*tty matchmaking, the bugs and rockstars incompetence of doing anything right in the regards of dealing with script kids and cheats, that is it :D

Cern

Yeah they're so good that any time you hurt them they kill themselves for you. They're surprisingly generous.

HardBassAdidas

Are they Bullsharking 24/7? I mean, I thought you can only drop BST like 3 times or something?

If your level is below 100 you have less max health.So they instant kill you with heavy sniper.

FafnirChaos

And I thought it was bad enough with weak players using marksman rifles and blowing themselves up, now they use re-breathers to go faster. Good thing KDR means nothing in this game, Weapon skins has may more value. You see somebody with a orange, or blue sniper rifle... start running.

Edited by FafnirChaos

IamCourtney

Tryhards, basically the OP is just a clueless tryhard who started the thread to get info in the hope of becoming a fully-fledged tryhard

Or maybe they just didn't like the story? I got halfway through on PS3 in the time between GTAV's release and the launch of GTAO and by then I was so disinterested in the plot and characters that I was itching to get into Online, which I hadn't really been all that interested in pre-release. On PS4 I played enough to launch Online and not a second more.

GTAV SP was a huge disappointment to me, who considers R*'s previous stories in GTAIV and RDR to be tied as my all-time favourite game narratives. GTAV as a complete package would be gathering dust if GTAO hadn't redeemed it.

TCA

When you're beating them, they resort to bitch tactics(Explosive spam). Also the try hard kd whores that if shot once, ONCE! They immediately blow themselves up and/or abuse ghost then OTR. Personally I can't stand those types. When they start that I just go do something else.

About the rebreather it looks similar to Banes' mask from Dark Knight Rises.

Edited by TCA

29_notver

Spamming the sh*t out of GHOST ORG,OFF RADAR and Easy way out

and suiciding with explosives

Doesn't make these TRYHARDS good but rather pathetic

K/D ratio doesn't mean sh*t in this game

malcolm_tucker

Or maybe they just didn't like the story? I got halfway through on PS3 in the time between GTAV's release and the launch of GTAO and by then I was so disinterested in the plot and characters that I was itching to get into Online, which I hadn't really been all that interested in pre-release. On PS4 I played enough to launch Online and not a second more.

GTAV SP was a huge disappointment to me, who considers R*'s previous stories in GTAIV and RDR to be tied as my all-time favourite game narratives. GTAV as a complete package would be gathering dust if GTAO hadn't redeemed it.

But you bought it with the intent of playing SP and you had a go at it before deciding you didn't like it. The OP only bought it with the intent of being a freeroam tryhard, like 99% of COD players have no interest in the campaign mode. My comment was meant as a joke, don't take it too seriously

ImServo

All the salty tears in this thread feeds us tryhards even more :) Y'all the reason we do this :)

PNutterSammich

K/D ratio doesn't mean sh*t in this game

What are you talking about? K/D gets ALL the ladies. I need to be careful when I talk about my 1.81 K/D in public, I mean if any women within ear shot hear about my massive e-peen in a 3.5 year old video game, they can and have jumped me right then and there.

Last time was in church and that was embarrassing, let me tell you! I mean, she was a nun and had that whole vow of chastity and all....

On topic.

The Tryhards are good at gun fights because they're "trying hard". It's kinda implied in the name....

Edited by PNutterSammich

SHADOW OPS

All the salty tears in this thread feeds us tryhards even more :) Y'all the reason we do this :)

Technically if we are good at killing then we ain't tryhards.

If we ain't then no one is bothered.

Jammsbro

because I skipped story mode

I stopped reading at this.

This is the gaming equivelant of buying a blu ray, not watching it and then going to the forums to talk about it.

Voodoo-Hendrix

About the rebreather it looks similar to Banes' mask from Dark Knight Rises.

If I pull their rebreathers off, will they die?

spincther

pfft try hards are not good, they're typically cowards and the type who ewo and rpg/ explosive spam once they are on a losing streak. Same goes for kd warriors. Good players use bullets and no ewo, then you have the rest of the plebs in the server...that's about it.

Lets not forget about the cowards who never leave their insurgents no matter how many times you shoot them out of the driver seat.

3 types of players

1 Cowards who use explosives and ewo

2 Good players who use guns and no ewo

3 Cowards who stay in vehicles / aircraft

Tryhards always resort to number 1 or 3 which is why they are pure sh*t in my book

Edited by -RP-

Happy Hunter

You'd think so, but they're tryhards - they're typically second-rate players, and a disturbing number of them whine about the Savage.

An actual good player would be embarrassed to complain about them of course.

ConGamePro

I have a question, why is it that once y'all ass gets handed to y'all rifle vs rifle, y'all run to your explosives? Are y'all proud of that bitch move or is it part of the rebreather lifestyle?

Edited by Day Reaper

askinnywhitedildo

Me. One play through was enough for me to never touch it again.

And anyone with a rebreather, white scarf, hair, gloves, shoes, along with the rest of the outfit being black, get's killed by me. They're the entire purpose of online for me. Their tactics get hilarious too when they know they're on the verge of losing.

And if someone is giving you bullshark trouble, just go hit Sightseer. It cuts the bullshark off from everyone in the map but you.

Coleco

I've changed my outlook lately - these days I see myself as a professional combat casualty. Generally the harder and faster I hit the deck the better.

Since this self-imposed redefinition I've become amazing at this game

Karami

The rebreather makes them move faster

Is this true? I still wouldn't do it. Just like the bp helmet it looks silly IMO.
As true as the elite skills of the tryhards preteen alpha males.

Fixed.

The rebreathers look utterly stupid and I never got why they became a trend amongst the free roam warrior types. Same goes for those trashy low crotch pants.

Ikr!! I think it looks stupid as well. I never understood why it was a part of a trend on this game and get lots of likes on screenshots or photos. It's nonsensical. I usually see at least one or more than one players with rebreathers, possessed or demon eyes, and maybe with a devastated eye makeup.

Along with wearing all black, red, or white.

Edited by AfroKloud

Dream-_-Traveler

DONT ENGAGE WITH COMBAT!! It'll only lead to the most cringe worthly playstyle youll ever witness. People like that take their kds to heart. I mean i use my kd to range how well i handle others but THESE people act like it's the sole purpose of playing.

Bottom line is that you should just ignore them cause once you come close to killing them it's "EASY WAY OUT" or sticky suicide. The competitive shooters use only like 2 guns and rpg the sh*t outta you. So. . . unless you wanna deal with that bs then just go the other way.

Or fn kill them when they least expect it for the most satisfying kill EVER. I usuay do that right off the bat bc they're easy to spot.

GenericGTAO

Standard fps2 controller settings + rng + master the interaction menu (bst*ewo*buy ammo*buzzard/ghost)+ master jet =tryhard...outfit doesnt matter.