Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,504 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

GTAForumsGod

Why are Tryhards"(rebreathers) so good at gunfights

dino722

24mwak6.jpg

At your service...

sudon't

They arent.

If you have to be twice as strong as your opponent (BST) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly hide your blip (OTR, Ghost) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to wear a bulletproof helmet to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a jet with explosive cannons and homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an Oppressor/Deluxo/Vigilante with homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a Kanjali tank with explosive cannons to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an invisible Akula to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly wear body armor to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly blow yourself up/EWO to avoid getting beaten by them, you are trash

About the only thing that isn’t easily countered on your list are the suicides. People, if you want fights with rules, that’s what Death Matches are for. In Freemode, people are not going to follow your particular rules of chivalry. That’s just the way it is. You’ll do better to use every tool the game gives you to your advantage. Otherwise, you’ll spend half your time texting people that they’re “trash”.

Arrows to Athens

They arent.

If you have to be twice as strong as your opponent (BST) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly hide your blip (OTR, Ghost) to beat them, you are trash

If you have to wear a bulletproof helmet to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a jet with explosive cannons and homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an Oppressor/Deluxo/Vigilante with homing missiles to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in a Kanjali tank with explosive cannons to beat them, you are trash

If you have to be in an invisible Akula to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly wear body armor to beat them, you are trash

If you have to constantly blow yourself up/EWO to avoid getting beaten by them, you are trash

About the only thing that isn’t easily countered on your list are the suicides. People, if you want fights with rules, that’s what Death Matches are for. In Freemode, people are not going to follow your particular rules of chivalry. That’s just the way it is. You’ll do better to use every tool the game gives you to your advantage. Otherwise, you’ll spend half your time texting people that they’re “trash”.

That's a good point.

Aggregate Demand

Against tryhards, griefers and trolls, the only winning move is not to play.

Denying them of the negative attention that they crave so much is the best weapon against them.

At the first sign of EWOing or Marksman Dancing, go passive and ignore them, they're not worth your time.

You give them no attention. You dont play with them. You treat them as if they do not exist, besides reporting them.

I automatically mute any player in the session with a KD/R over 2.0.

That's funny. I have a K/D ratio of 3.05 and I'm not a glitcher, a modder, or a tryhard. Every single dollar I have earned is legitimate. Players offer to dupe cars for me and I decline.

The only times I use off the radar or Ghost Organization are when I'm doing bunker sales, or when I'm trying to get away from some annoying little sh*t who wants to keep fighting me and can't handle being slapped around.

The reason my K/D is high is because I largely avoid conflict. If I see someone in a jet, I'll use explosive rounds on them (and kill them) or use a homing launcher on them while I wait for my mechanic to deliver my Insurgent. Beach PvP doesn't interest me, and I stay away from it. If someone goes off the radar or ghosts, I'll start an MC and spawn my Oppressor. If someone manages to kill me, then I'll dedicate the rest of the session mercilessly destroying them until they quit. I don't play the game to piss around in meaningless combat. I play the game to fly planes, drive cool cars, and explore the map. If someone wants to ruin my fun because they're a sorry loser, then I'll use my superior skills (and tactics) to screw with them.

The avoidance of combat + rarely getting killed + relentlessly killing those who mess with me = a high K/D.

MWSF-sniper

Man Im fed up of clapping niggas everyday I get kicked out of lobbies every week and obilitered many times this is why you shouldnt let the tryhards go mad at you

KWF1981
Posted (edited)

<snip>

That's funny. I have a K/D ratio of 3.05 and I'm not a glitcher, a modder, or a tryhard. Every single dollar I have earned is legitimate. Players offer to dupe cars for me and I decline.

The only times I use off the radar or Ghost Organization are when I'm doing bunker sales, or when I'm trying to get away from some annoying little sh*t who wants to keep fighting me and can't handle being slapped around.

The reason my K/D is high is because I largely avoid conflict. If I see someone in a jet, I'll use explosive rounds on them (and kill them) or use a homing launcher on them while I wait for my mechanic to deliver my Insurgent. Beach PvP doesn't interest me, and I stay away from it. If someone goes off the radar or ghosts, I'll start an MC and spawn my Oppressor. If someone manages to kill me, then I'll dedicate the rest of the session mercilessly destroying them until they quit. I don't play the game to piss around in meaningless combat. I play the game to fly planes, drive cool cars, and explore the map. If someone wants to ruin my fun because they're a sorry loser, then I'll use my superior skills (and tactics) to screw with them.

The avoidance of combat + rarely getting killed + relentlessly killing those who mess with me = a high K/D.

Agree there, but our beloved Blasterman fully engages these players with exactly the same tactics they use. Much worse though, proudly reports and kicks them too.

Dude's almost legendary for his views of GTA/players. (Genuinely).

Blocks all that disagree too, I love this dude!.

Edited by KWF1981

RightOnTheDpad
Posted (edited)

Watched 3 or 4 equally anal tryhards going at it yesterday. Was pretty sad tbh.

Spawn, too close/someones got the drop on me...ewo.

Spawn, someones on the next street over, spam all my grenades then ewo.

Spawn, theres a shadow over there, ewo.

Etc etc.

Watched them for 10 or 20 mins and they must have died >30 times each, you'd be lucky if there was 5 pvp kills between them in that time.

Then one wandered off, went ghost as much as possible to grief another CEO that was minding their own business.

I don't get it. Perma sticky bomb suicide aint my idea of anything even remotely resembling fun. Becomes a case of who can ewo quickest. R* might make it an adversary mode.

Edited by RightOnTheDpad

BlanketGrinder

EWO fix in the new patch notes: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000767647

"Changes have been made to the way that Kill/Death ratio is updated in response to deaths resulting from use of the Kill Yourself Interaction Menu option."

What does it do? How does it work?

bantonson15

EWO fix in the new patch notes: https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000767647

"Changes have been made to the way that Kill/Death ratio is updated in response to deaths resulting from use of the Kill Yourself Interaction Menu option."

I hope Rockstar finally does something about this... 👏

The First Hunter

Explosive EWOs (AKA 99% of EWOs) aren't affected unfortunately

FloofehMoofin

Tbh most of the "Tryhards" aka "Pls mommy i need kills" on Pc using a controller to get "Aim Assistance" = easy kills.

Without that advantage they are just like normal ones, just with more rage and Q_Q ^^

Bare

they're not so good, you could be that "good" too if you wanted to be a sweaty nerd and use the same tactics. just ignore them.

emmapuppenter

the worst thing about "these" people is that some of them have custom internal/external menus and pretend it's all legit

Dr.Rosenthal
Posted (edited)

Yesterday, in a kumbaya-session, me and my 3 associates plus 2 or three other randoms in session. I kept us busy doing bunker sales, car collection sales, vip work etc etc. My associates were pretty low rank, all around or slightly above 100, but they were a good bunch. Always kept close to me and paying attention to what I was doing. They must have made several hundred k just by helping me - thing is, when I get good help, I want to make them earn some good money from it. So it was win-win for a long time. Until we were all headed to my yacht to do PP and chill for a moment and some rabid tryhard suddenly comes flying in a Buzzard thinking he's king of LS.

As soon as I got killed and respawned, I disbanded the organization and went passive. Some days I like a good fight, but I had just intended to take a break and do PP while reading these forums and this sh*thead crashes the party. He got killed so many times but refused to give up - he went off radar, fired away explosives in every direction... I mean, he must have wasted a sh*tload of cash just pretending to be a badass.

If you want war, why don't you join a session with 29 other players instead? Because you know you're gonna get your ass kicked and instead you take the tryhard decision to surprise attack a group that has no intention to fight whatsoever.

But nonetheless, he sure got his ass spanked by us...

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal