Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,222 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Homemade Dynamite

What video games would you like to see made into episodic shows?

The Deadite

Team Fortress would be fun as f*ck, the media around it looks more entertaining than the game itself, the

vids re really entertaining, not to mention this short movie:

^You don't even have to be a fan or familiar with the game to enjoy these.

Rebel Yell

I don't. Because I'm kinda "conservative" when it comes to this matter: Video games should stay video games, movies should stay movies. However, if take a more reasonable point of view, I'd say Mafia I & II would be the perfect choice for such thing. Why? The stories of the first two Mafia games are already separated in several chapter: with that being, Mafia I's story has 21 chapter, and Mafia II has 15 chapters. Making each chapter a separate episode, I think it would not be pretty easy to f*ck up. Also, Mafia I & II already has an intense storytelling, with kind of a cinematic narration... that sure fits with "TV show concept" well. Besides, American TV is already proven to be handling the mob story tight when they try to: We have Sopranos... and more importantly Boardwalk Empire (a heavily mob-influenced story set in the past, just like the first two Mafia games).

Leftist Bastard

Team Fortress would be fun as f*ck, the media around it looks more entertaining than the game itself, the

vids re really entertaining, not to mention this short movie:

^You don't even have to be a fan or familiar with the game to enjoy these.

So glad someone brought this up. For a multiplayer FPS there is a ton of vivid character and personality to the brand.

DexMacLeod

I think Alan Wake could make for a really good mini/limited series if you got the right showrunner. In fact most Remedy games would make for a decent mini series.

Algonquin Assassin

I've always felt GTA IV would make a great tv show with how the subplots overlay the main story arcs. The conflict between PBX and Dwayne for example could easily be fleshed out over several episodes.

It gives an episodic kind of vibe whenever I play through the story anyway.

Homemade Dynamite

Well, this fan trailer showed me that I officially need this in my life.

LincolnClay

I don't. Because I'm kinda "conservative" when it comes to this matter: Video games should stay video games, movies should stay movies. However, if take a more reasonable point of view, I'd say Mafia I & II would be the perfect choice for such thing. Why? The stories of the first two Mafia games are already separated in several chapter: with that being, Mafia I's story has 21 chapter, and Mafia II has 15 chapters. Making each chapter a separate episode, I think it would not be pretty easy to f*ck up. Also, Mafia I & II already has an intense storytelling, with kind of a cinematic narration... that sure fits with "TV show concept" well. Besides, American TV is already proven to be handling the mob story tight when they try to: We have Sopranos... and more importantly Boardwalk Empire (a heavily mob-influenced story set in the past, just like the first two Mafia games).

People are gonna disagree with me heavily on this, but the story of Mafia III was great. It probably shouldn't deserve its own TV show, but it could be the third season after Mafia I and II. It should have been made into a movie/TV show anyway.

Shyabang Shyabang

Tigereyesxx

Half Life...

Hmmm nice bike

I'm playing through the original Red Faction from 2001, and while the game's main gimmick/selling point was the destruction capabilities that it had for a game from that time period, I think the potential is there for a pretty good miniseries if they wrote it well. The story was probably not the focal point when they made the game, but it was at least interesting. A corrupt company is luring people to work in the mines they established on Mars and is abusing its workforce of miners, treating them like garbage to gain maximum profit while minimizing costs (paying the workers jack sh*t and forcing them to live like animals), and then the miners revolt and make their way through the company's security guards and hired mercenaries while trying to either escape Mars or take control of the mining complex. Meanwhile, a deadly virus is making its way through the miner population due to the company's science director being a psycho who enjoys experimenting on people. It's got kind of a Total Recall meets Battle of Blair Mountain thing going on. Much of the vibe the original game had felt a lot like a Paul Verhoeven movie, too.

And I know there was a Red Faction movie made for the SyFy channel, but I don't think that really had much to do with any of the games besides the protagonist of Red Faction Guerrilla being an old man in that. Heard it wasn't that good, either (as usual with SyFy original movies).

Japseye
Posted (edited)

LA Noire would be a great film, Hitman would do well too. They could do movies based on GTA 4 & 5 , especially GTA 4 with the whole gang scene of Jamaicans, Russians, Italians, working for the CIA etc except I would advise that it should be sh*t hot otherwise don't bother AT ALL

Edited by Japseye

Candy_Licker

Crusader Kings II.

Although you could argue that Game of Thrones already is a semi adaption.

Chrono Trigger: a YA version of Travelers.