Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,054 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gummy 

Official GTA V Appreciation Thread

raebbitos

Trevor killing Johnny was the most satisfying moment in the gaming history

SNIP

Again with this? You really should get out more. Atleast add something to the topic, instead of just posting the same sh*t in every thread.

Exactly. he f*cking goes on every topic copies chirovette and tries to be edgy like" haha I liked it when this character died "

on topic: I loved the dialogue, the dynamic between michael and trevor, the map ,the side activities ,like races ,parachuting, bountyhunting, rampages ,great game love 80 percent of it

Edited by raebbitos

just do it bob3

By far I love the new introduction of using 3 characters and all of them being friends as well as being able to switch between them in single player free roam. (GTA IV Did This But I Like GTA V's System Better)

Fosteroid

Its a great game because it gives me the freedom to destroy players supplies as I please.

LaercioM

I love multiplayer on GTA

And also the ambiance.
I feel like walking around Los Angeles, because that's the only way I can do it right now.

Zenar

Planes dude, I really miss them in GTA IV now i can able to steal a military jet.

Edited by Zenar

ChiroVette

Yeah, the military jets are huge in this game! You know, one of the things that defines a truly great company like Rockstar is their ability to learn from even an egregious mistake. If nothing else, V absolutely proves that Rockstar has the ability to get up off the mat, and five years later, improve the franchise immeasurably.

Edited by ChiroVette

BigBadMF

This is going to sound crazy.

Driving along in the Vinewood Hills and I came upon the scene where the two naked old bastards are assaulting this hot chick.

And the thought occurred to me....this is what makes GTA V so damn cool.

Out of nowhere, you get a chance to save a hot chick, shoot a couple of criminals in the balls, and get paid 80 bucks for it!

Woohoo! :D

Sleepwalking

After four years, golf is still amazing mini game for me. I hope they carry it over next GTA.

You can also learn all insults exist in English while Franklin, Michael and Trevor trio playing golf.

NumberNineLarge

Why exactly do people not like this game? It's different from the 3D Universe for sure, but it has its own take on the franchise. Like every game, it has its faults, but the depth of things to do and achieve shows you how evolved the franchise is from GTA III, as much as I still love it.

Journey_95

I agree OP that at times this games gets too much hate here. Its flawed but there is still a lot of enjoyment to be found (my favourite by far is still GTA IV though).

I love the open world, exploring LS and Blaine County is so much fun. No doubt one of the best open world enviroments Rockstar has created, alongside GTA IV's LC and RDR's areas. There is just so much detail there.

I also liked Michael and Trevor as protagonists. Michael is very human and overall well written. Trevor less so and is too cartoony but damm is he entertaining.

i love this game. i think it is either the best gta or tied with gta 4. the graphics are great. the story is great and has a lot of unique missions. unlike gta 4. the characters were good. trevor ftw!. the map is amazing. its very diverse. i love the desert its my favorite part. i like the multiplayer. its not perfect but it is so fun. especially with a great crew. there are very few bad things about this game. i just wish more people liked it. all these gta 5 sucks and gta 4 is better threads are annoying and stupid. i love gta 4 too. i think they are both masterpieces. gta 5 is such a great game and does not deserve the hate.

Its more like there are every GTA game is better than V threads. Not just with GTA IV.

Trevor killing Johnny was the most satisfying moment in the gaming history

Dude move on. sh*t like this makes GTA V fans look childish

Edited by Journey_95

SynthGTA

I really like that in this game, the sidemissions required to 100% it are all fun and include things from previous gta games (spaceship parts from the myth about aliens in the previous gta games and letter scraps from the myth about the serial killer), the graphics are really beautiful, the map has a lot of interesting places to explore, it also has some great characters, my favorites being Michael Townley and Lamar Davis. I also really liked the cutscenes, they're so smooth, entertaining and really make the storyline replayable. Another thing that i also really liked was the incredible sidemissions that weren't required to 100% the game, like the submarine parts, the murder mystery, the wildlife photography challenge, the stock car races, the rampages, the therapy cutscenes/phonecalls, and many other more. And, to finish, other thing that i really loved was the character customization, the variety of clothing and haircuts each one of the three protagonists had, along with the variety of customization most vehicles had.

Edited by SynthGTA

MelvinV

I'm going to go ahead and appreciate a forum member by the name of ERAM, who created a really cool thread which is around 300 paqe's before being locked:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/747524-the-gta-v-secrets-and-mysteries-hunt/

Very well done, Chummer!

Hey man I knew you from that forum.

Why in the name of ..... Did they close that forum. It's NOT solved. So stupid. I moved to reddit my man. They sadly have other theories that sound kinda stupid and are kinda late with most discoveries but it's the only place left.

Domac

The atmosphere in the desert or forest in the early morning or when it is about to turn dark is awesome. I only wish they made deeper forests and losing your radar like in the tunnels so you can actually get lost,but it is still epic.

flgta
Posted (edited)

The ending credits are amazing, IMO. Especially with Trevor because Yeasayer' "Don't Come Close." There's a live video from Mexico and it's awesome.

I love Radio Mirror Park, to me it's my GTA III's Head Radio.

The graphics are very good and detailed. I love flying over the beach, mountains and at night, the city, with the radio off and the ambient noise in the background.

Edited by flgta

Vyom21

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RSLjrsdvb4

Hey guys check out this trailer I made for an upcoming comedy series I plan on creating, it revolves around the life of a loser and the adventures him and his friend get to embark on. (not based on myself :p)

Dr.Rosenthal

I really appreciate the huge map with its extreme detail. Incredible that it still holds up for Online play 5 years after its release. Often these days I fly a heli anywhere I go, but being stranded on foot on one of the mountains really gives perspective!

saintsrow

Looks like Michael is back in town. Maybe he needs to pay his property taxes.

On topic: The virtual world design of GTAV is an absolute masterpiece. The seamless, integrated world, the decent vehicle physics, the vehicles, the avatar animations, the rich NPC population, the world detail and the lighting, the scale - it's all incredible that this could actually be designed and running on consumer hardware.

No wonder GTAV is (deservedly) the highest-grossing single media product ever. It may be hard to top this - and I'm not talking about an RDR or Skyrim world - I'm talking about a modern, complex, non-repetitive, gigantic, integrated, open virtual world.

Dudu RDRII

GTA 5 certainly isn't perfect, but it's worth every single penny and i love it. I'm talking about the story mode though, don't waste your money on microtransactions folks! :D

VigMarston91

Heists:

Some of heists(Story Mode) in GTA V contain my favorite missions in any GTA game...Ever!! One particular mission that I'll always remember is the Vangelico store Job, its the first heist you plan, assemble your crew and rob in the game, It felt like I was in a 80's heist movie. There are other awesome heists, but since this was the first, It'll always hold a special gaming memory.

Crossbones

The heists were great and were fun to do. The car and gun customisation feature are great too. There is a lot of things to do when not on a mission. I loved Micheal's special ability. It had lots of great lines of dialogues too. The explosion effects were great.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
On 6/4/2017 at 11:37 AM, The Deadite said:

I disagree with Trevor feeling more human than the other two.

Franklin feels like a somewhat centered young man who wants more of life, while Michael captures pretty well a whiney, washed up c*nt stuck in a life void of excitement, Trevor is a cartoony loon with too many mental disorders/qualities crammed in, some edgy moments moments that fall short and some well done displays of psychopathic behavior: arguably one of the most sloppy written characters in gta... but f*ck me sideways if playing as him hasn't been nothing but a blast.

I like how most of the time he's not even making an effort to be liked, he's just a pathetic, repugnant, bipolar, drug-addled, bisexual bully with a soft spot for his beloved ones and he's gonna rub your face in it. He's not the guy you look up to... or even get too attached with, he's not even very sympathetic, but sure is liberating to get in his boots and make a chaos... who never wanted once to go full Trevor and beat a rude person on the subway or threaten a lousy neighbor? Insult a cop or setting a car in fire just because you can?

Sure, you could always do that with any other gta character like Niko or Tommy, but Trevor doesn't have the same moral breaks most protagonists had, it feels right to let go with him.

The single best thing about the game here, not the map or the gameplay or the story, but one of the most off-putting, crazies in gaming.

Trust me there's a lot of ppl like trevor in life. 

It's so weird how you can hate him and feel sorry for him at the same time. Ending A really shows that he knows who he is but there's nothing he can do about it. 

I really like how R* thought about almost everything a player would do in missions. You can see some of the most weirdest mission failed texts when you fail. I can't believe they have thought of everyway a player can fail missions. 

Also the first time I played the mission three's company when I was walking with dave to his car there was a woman standing beside and I punched her. Michael and dave commented about it! I was so shocked that they wrote a dialougue about it. 

The background music in missions also fits the game so much. I love the score. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Utopianthumbs
4 hours ago, TheSantader25 said:

Also the first time I played the mission three's company when I was walking with dave to his car there was a woman standing beside and I punched her. Michael and dave commented about it! I was so shocked that they wrote a dialougue about it. 

Yeah I once ran over a pedestrian on the way to Isiah the psychiatrist and they actually commented about  it lol. I love the little details in the game like flip flops actually flip and flop, walking over glass pieces makes a crinkling sound, telephone lines swaying in the wind etc, the game is just filled with cool little details like this. 

TheSantader25

The thunder and lightning weather in this game still hasn't been matched. It's so beautiful.