2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mobile Operation Center

KingBen

Mobile Operation Center  

485 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Mobile Operation Center be?

I have a feeling we won't get any info about the MOC this week. If we do it will likely be Thursday or Friday.

I think we get info and a release date next week since the DLC is more than likely dropping on the 13th.

Edited by Ben_GTAV

If the MOC gives us a choice between large trucks or aircraft carrier, I'm taking the former simply because flying out to sea, even further than a yatch is, all the damn time, can get very boring quickly.

(Also I'm assuming the trucks would be undestructible)

Wishful thinking.

ALifeOfMisery

If the MOC gives us a choice between large trucks or aircraft carrier, I'm taking the former simply because flying out to sea, even further than a yatch is, all the damn time, can get very boring quickly.

Wishful thinking.

I have apprehension that if the MOC is some kind of truck that it will be able to be destroyed.

But as I've said, either in this or another thread, how annoying is that going to get? You start a mission from your MOC, if that's how it works, drive miles away only to get notified that you failed as someone has blown up your MOC.

I can't quite get my head around the dynamic of it being possible, even though I suspect it might be.

In my mind I can't get past the bunker being like your office and clubhouse, so the MOC will have some likeness to businesses and warehouses. Or the other way around.

Has fun/anyone ever confirmed that GR will use the "goon/boss" mechanism as with CEO etc?

PS the reason I keep saying 'train' is that they already exist, they roam the map, and they are indestructible.

Edited by Gridl0k

ALifeOfMisery

Has fun/anyone ever confirmed that GR will use the "goon/boss" mechanism as with CEO etc?

I think Fun has. Saying it will work along the lines of either crates or biker businesses as in we will be able to get raided again unlike I/E.

111HarBinGer111

Here's what I would like the MOC to be. It can be two options. Either a truck with all the equipment you need or a large plane (either a Titan or the Cargoplane would do) with everything inside it and both can be purchasable options. I do see it where you'll have to own either one or the other, much like the CEO offices or MC clubhouses. Not sure about costs though but I can easily see it being in the millions, around $1-$3 million. I would like it to be the plane option but I am interested in seeing if it ends up being truck variant and how it would work in free-roam.

PS the reason I keep saying 'train' is that they already exist, they roam the map, and they are indestructible.

But there's only one preset path for trains. That "mobile" will definitely change when there's 20 trains in a session and half of them aren't even in their trains. You can't just drive past them..

111HarBinGer111

I believe Fun did some time ago although I can't remember when. I could be wrong though but I do remember seeing that somewhere.

Zibulaatio

I bet mobile operation center works same way than yacht for example. So its not actual drivable vehicle.

• Like 2

RetroStyle

But there's only one preset path for trains. That "mobile" will definitely change when there's 20 trains in a session and half of them aren't even in their trains. You can't just drive past them..

I was starting to think gridlok could be right until this point ^. The GR MOC would have to be set up for a max of 30 ppl simultaneously. That rules out trains and prob Aircraft carriers. Im still thinkin a modified bus, or possibly a large helicopter. As far as functionality goes we just need a laptop to access whatever were going to access, but the word massive, and mobile, are the only clues so far.

Wishful thinking.

I have apprehension that if the MOC is some kind of truck that it will be able to be destroyed.

But as I've said, either in this or another thread, how annoying is that going to get? You start a mission from your MOC, if that's how it works, drive miles away only to get notified that you failed as someone has blown up your MOC.

I can't quite get my head around the dynamic of it being possible, even though I suspect it might be.

In my mind I can't get past the bunker being like your office and clubhouse, so the MOC will have some likeness to businesses and warehouses. Or the other way around.

I'm actually leaning towards the other side of the coin.

I think the MOC will be indestructible. If it was destructible they would run into the exact problem you just stated. You would start a gunrunning mission from the MOC only to get a notification your MOC was destroyed. That alone makes me think you won't be able to destroy the MOC.

I bet mobile operation center works same way than yacht for example. So its not actual drivable vehicle.

I agree. I think whether it's a Aircraft Carrier, Plane, Truck or whatever it will be driven by a NPC just like the Yacht. This is yet another reason I think it will be indestructible.

Edited by MrMet4

RetroStyle

30? There's a limit of 10 CEOs per lobby...

I stand corrected. Even 2 would rule out trains though considering the train track traffic jam issue. Plus an npc train would come down the tracks pushing our train through the map. On a side note i do like riding on a freight train through the countryside. Also there's only 10 registered ceo's, but there can be 30 ceo offices simultaneously.

I stand corrected. Even 2 would rule out trains though considering the train track traffic jam issue. Plus an npc train would come down the tracks pushing our train through the map. On a side note i do like riding on a freight train through the countryside. Also there's only 10 registered ceo's, but there can be 30 ceo offices simultaneously.

I stated this a page or two ago. That's the main reason I don't think we will get trains. It would get extremely congested.

The railway is 1-way and you could fit 10 trains on without issue, afaik.

ISTR R* were very proud of their train syncing.

I don't have money on this, just fun to expound the various options.

Edited by Gridl0k

Smooth Longsack

Blimp

The railway is 1-way and you could fit 10 trains on without issue, afaik.

ISTR R* were very proud of their train syncing.

I don't have money on this, just fun to expound the various options.

Yeah but there's no guarantee you will have to have CEO activated to ride the train. Even though there is a limit of 10 CEO's per session you can still have 30 people in a session with a CEO office. It could very well work the same way with the MOC.

Also, please don't take this as me not wanting a train. I think a train MOC would be the tits. I'd much prefer that to a big truck.

Edited by MrMet4

That's a good point, but so far all your assets are also accessible even when you're not a CEO/MCP. I don't think it'll simply disappear when you retire.

That, and also the fact that even 2 trains in the same session can be annoying for each other. Say you want to go from LS to BC, but there's this AFK guy's train standing right on the tracks. Game over. And what would happen whey they collide head first? just kidding

You could argue that they'd be "mobile" in the sense that yachts are, but a train wouldn't have as much free area to occupy as yachts do. And what would happen with regular trains anyway?

Edit: Damn I was too late to point these out.

Edited by Kalarsky

Trains never collide because the track is just one huge loop. They stop once, at the windfarm.

Trains never collide because the track is just one huge loop. They stop once, at the windfarm.

Yes, but if they implement player-controlled trains we'd need to be able to go both directions. And I mean collision in the sense that two player trains just collide into each other.

The Wandering Hunter

If the MOC is an aircraft carrier *and* it's where you start GR missions, all GR missions would end up being done in a Hydra. That alone makes me doubt it's one.

or the hunter, which has the durability of 10 insurgents

Blimp

This is another possibility. I actually like this idea better than the boat.

• Like 1

Blimp

I'd definitely prefer the blimp to the truck that's for sure.

Air superiority!

SHADOW OPS

Blimp

Air superiority!

I am sure hydras would leave you alone.

Blimp

Air superiority!

Could have the same defense system the Yacht has though.

Yea exploding blimps is fun but it just doesn't have that gunrunning theme, don't hold your breath for it.

Edited by deadx23

SHADOW OPS

Blimp

Air superiority!

I am sure hydras would leave you alone.Could have the same defense system the Yacht has though.

True. I hope it would have something. Otherwise you are a floating duck.

Blimp

Air superiority!

Unless the Blimp is indestructible. If it has an NPC driver it would be.

Then no need to worry.