2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mobile Operation Center

KingBen

Mobile Operation Center  

485 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Mobile Operation Center be?

YerM0MsaysHii

I know it's been mentioned but I'm going to say it anyway. "massive" is subjective. As far as traits or qualities of the MOC, I imagine it would have an insurgent type armor, some weapons on top(automated or not). So yes I can imagine it'd be destructible but it'd be tough to kill it. The AC, blimp, cargo plane(even Titan size) train and all other guesses besides truck seem highly unlikely. Given that there can be up to 30 people in a lobby, those all seem so unlikely. I'm willing to bet it's the half-track. That thing is a monster. The turret on top is like nothing we've seen before in GTA. Comparatively, it's massive. It's a monster of a truck. I'm not expecting anything lavish on wheels. Something armed to the teeth with a computer in the back and space for at least 4. No npc driver. I imagine it would be player driven. Like everything else in the game.

MusicMan05

I was thinking, if the MOC is an Operations Center (and not just a fancy name for drivable vehicle that can hold 8 players, with multiple mounted weapons), it would be nice if the MOC isn't something required for Gunrunning. Instead the MOC could be a MOC for all of the player's activities. Basically a CEO Office, MC Clubhouse, and GR HQ rolled into one by having computers for each network. CEOs can access the SecuroServ Network, MC Presidents can access the Open Road Network, and (Commanders/Colonels/Generals/???) can access the (????) Network. That way you wouldn't have to go to the MC Clubhouse or GR Bunker to check on your production. You could check it all from one location.

• Like 3

I know it's been mentioned but I'm going to say it anyway. "massive" is subjective. As far as traits or qualities of the MOC, I imagine it would have an insurgent type armor, some weapons on top(automated or not). So yes I can imagine it'd be destructible but it'd be tough to kill it. The AC, blimp, cargo plane(even Titan size) train and all other guesses besides truck seem highly unlikely. Given that there can be up to 30 people in a lobby, those all seem so unlikely. I'm willing to bet it's the half-track. That thing is a monster. The turret on top is like nothing we've seen before in GTA. Comparatively, it's massive. It's a monster of a truck. I'm not expecting anything lavish on wheels. Something armed to the teeth with a computer in the back and space for at least 4. No npc driver. I imagine it would be player driven. Like everything else in the game.

I assure you the half track is not the MOC.

They haven't shown us the MOC yet.

They said they will be giving us more details about it in the next newswire post. Maybe next week.

RetroStyle

I was thinking, if the MOC is an Operations Center (and not just a fancy name for drivable vehicle that can hold 8 players, with multiple mounted weapons), it would be nice if the MOC isn't something required for Gunrunning. Instead the MOC could be a MOC for all of the player's activities. Basically a CEO Office, MC Clubhouse, and GR HQ rolled into one by having computers for each network. CEOs can access the SecuroServ Network, MC Presidents can access the Open Road Network, and (Commanders/Colonels/Generals/???) can access the (????) Network. That way you wouldn't have to go to the MC Clubhouse or GR Bunker to check on your production. You could check it all from one location.

Thats a good idea. I was thinkin something like a daschund bus with insurgent armor, kuruma windows, passenger controlled turrets, and a command center in the back to access the GR system. Adding additional functionality for everyone to use would be even better.

Prince_Polaris

Thats a good idea. I was thinkin something like a daschund bus with insurgent armor, kuruma windows, passenger controlled turrets, and a command center in the back to access the GR system. Adding additional functionality for everyone to use would be even better.

Aw hell yeah, a bus...

I'm just looking forward to shooting down those jet griefs... I'm willing to spend $20mill on a vehicle that guarantees taking down a circling jet.

• Like 2

Don't know 'bout you, but here's my Mobile Operations Center:

zLEGXTO.png

• Like 2

It's massive

It can't be stopped

It is tactical

It roams the map

The irony is hilarious if I'm right btw, given the little 'hunter' episode the mods had a while back.

Because it's a train

Trevelyan%27s_armored_train_-_Profile.pn

It roams the map

It didn't say anything about roaming the map. It said it was mobile.

The yacht is technically mobile too. Mobile just means it can move.

Yeah that was an assumption on my part based on reading the MOC as a 'neutral' asset where you go to upgrade your sh*t, like LSC. As such it really couldn't be f*cked with by players, and there's only one thing in the game that fits those general rules on the land (massive, immortal, unstoppable). Replacing the trains we're all used to with something new and fancy is also fairly elegant as far as expanding the game goes.

However, they've discounted the Cargobob, so maybe you need one to move your Tampa to the aircraft carrier for weapons upgrades?

I HATE NOT KNOWING

Edited by Gridl0k

Geisterfaust

I've got no idea what we will be doing from this operation center. If we're talking running jobs like CEO/Biker it will be something indestructible. If not, then what the hell are we going to operate from it?

It's funny how people are speculating about the form when no one cares about the function.

Edited by hei3enberg
  • Like 2

Maybe you can sit in it and have a 'commander' mode like battlefield, telling your squad where to go and what to do? Call in the odd airstrike and so on.

I hope there's a EAT SOME SNACKS YOU STUPID f*ckING TODDLER command.

• Like 2

Yeah that was an assumption on my part based on reading the MOC as a 'neutral' asset where you go to upgrade your sh*t, like LSC. As such it really couldn't be f*cked with by players, and there's only one thing in the game that fits those general rules on the land (massive, immortal, unstoppable). Replacing the trains we're all used to with something new and fancy is also fairly elegant as far as expanding the game goes.

However, they've discounted the Cargobob, so maybe you need one to move your Tampa to the aircraft carrier for weapons upgrades?

I HATE NOT KNOWING

Luckily we will be getting more info on the MOC before the update drops per Rockstar 😄

giphy.gif

I've got no idea what we will be doing from this operation center. If we're talking running jobs like CEO/Biker it will be something indestructible. If not, then what the hell are we going to operate from it?

I think we will use it to start Gunrunning jobs and missions.

Geisterfaust

Maybe you can sit in it and have a 'commander' mode like battlefield, telling your squad where to go and what to do? Call in the odd airstrike and so on.

I hope there's a EAT SOME SNACKS YOU STUPID f*ckING TODDLER command.

Inb4 toddlers are furiously chewing in the mic

Smooth Longsack

Don't know 'bout you, but here's my Mobile Operations Center:

zLEGXTO.png

Nice fidget spinner! Edited by Smooth Longsack

It's massive

It can't be stopped

It is tactical

It roams the map

The irony is hilarious if I'm right btw, given the little 'hunter' episode the mods had a while back.

Because it's a train

How would we enter the train though?

Assuming it's always on the move. How would we enter and exit the train without it coming to a full stop and holding up other players MOC's?

sleepwalk1980

Guys, commonsense would tell you guys massive = more than just big not "long" vehicles how large can a f*cking truck get?

I don't know man - they can get pretty big...

mobile-command-center.jpg

SHADOW OPS

Guys, commonsense would tell you guys massive = more than just big not "long" vehicles how large can a f*cking truck get?

I don't know man - they can get pretty big...

mobile-command-center.jpg

They can get pretty big...

giphy.gif

I would like to enter one of those...

giphy.gif

I want it only if it comes in black...

giphy.gif

• Like 2

It roams the map

The MOC could be an upgrade for the yachts, like you can upgrade it to some sort of army ship thing. Would make the current discount in yachts useful...

• Like 2

It roams the map

The MOC could be an upgrade for the yachts, like you can upgrade it to some sort of army ship thing. Would make the current discount in yachts useful...

That's a possibility, but I'd prefer just buying a new ship.

I like my yacht the way it is, useless.

• Like 2

Pocket Fox

It's massive

It can't be stopped

It is tactical

It roams the map

Because it's a train

Cannot unsee the difference.

500x354px-de97576f_muppet-jobs-9.jpeg

You guys remember that post by @Fun on the speculation thread few weeks ago basically saying how easy it would be for R* to add the aircraft carrier ?

Now when i'm hearing about those "Massive mobile operation centers" i don't think it was a coincidence.

ALifeOfMisery

It's funny how people are speculating about the form when no one cares about the function.

What its actual function will be and also how it will work in general are my biggest questions from the info we have received so far.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as intrigued as anyone regarding the form it will take, but does mobile mean we actually drive/pilot it? Can it be moved to to various locations like the yacht?

Can it be destroyed? If it can, under what circumstances? Imagine starting a mission, you're 3 miles away on said mission and you get notified some f*ckboy has destroyed your MOC, fail.

If they roam the map and are "shared" by the whole lobby does that limit how many Gunrunning missions that can be active at any one time?

So many questions, literally no answers...yet.

You guys remember that post by @Fun on the speculation thread few weeks ago basically saying how easy it would be for R* to add the aircraft carrier ?

Now when i'm hearing about those "Massive mobile operation centers" i don't think it was a coincidence.

Idk I'd say it's a coincidence honestly. Fun doesn't work for Rockstar.

Anyways they said we will know more about those "Massive mobile operation centers" with the next newswire about gunrunning, hopefully this week.

Actually they didn't say it was mobile. The name of it is the Mobile Operations Center. Capitalized, a proper noun. I think it's still referring to the base which is named a Mobile Operations Center, as in a Center for Mobile Operations. Meaning that Mobile Operations, gunrunning, are started from it. Not that it is mobile. It's grammatically ambiguous. There is no reference to it moving around at all.

Actually they didn't say it was mobile. The name of it is the Mobile Operations Center. Capitalized, a proper noun. I think it's still referring to the base which is named a Mobile Operations Center, as in a Center for Mobile Operations. Meaning that Mobile Operations, gunrunning, are started from it. Not that it is mobile. It's grammatically ambiguous. There is no reference to it moving around at all.

This is really fantastic point. I have a feeling it won't move at all. Especially if it can't be destroyed.