2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mobile Operation Center

KingBen

Mobile Operation Center  

485 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Mobile Operation Center be?

The main reason I don't see us getting an Aircraft Carrier or Yacht Addition for the MOC is the following:

Rockstar said we will be getting weapon upgrades for our MOC as a part of the customization options. Why let us customize the weapons of our MOC if it's an indestructible object? The Yacht already has a missile defense system and you can't destroy it no matter what you do.

The MOC will be destructible. That's why I think a giant Truck or Plane is our best option in terms of what we will ultimately receive. Both of those objects can be destroyed.

My money is still on an enormous truck like the one from "Live Free Or Die Hard". It would have missiles (perhaps the same missiles the APC has) attached to the roof as well as other defense options.

Thoughts?

malcolm_tucker

Rockstar said we will be getting weapon upgrades for our MOC as a part of the customization options. Why let us customize the weapons of our MOC if it's an indestructible object? The Yacht already has a missile defense system and you can't destroy it no matter what you do.

The details are too vague to speculate yet imo. They might be talking about upgrading vehicles at the MOC, rather than upgrading the MOC itself, so you buy the bunker to unlock the vehicles and missions, then you buy the MOC to unlock the upgrades and maybe the research thing they mentioned. Literally could be anything atm

Many people in this thread are taking the word 'massive' the wrong way. It's a subjective word, you could have a massive truck that is barely 1% of the size of an aircraft carrier but it's still massive within the confines of what a truck is (a massive mouse is nowhere near the size of a tiny elephant)

Xion Hunter

Thinking about it, there's 3 choices regarding Mobile Ops Centers.

1.) Truck

Semi trucks have been used as ops centers by everyone from tell CIA to GI. JOE. It's a staple, it's simple.

But. Parking.

There are a lot less places to park. They'd have to choose places where it would be feasible to have a good number of random trailers stashed all over LS. Would get way more crowded.

2.) Giant Cargo Plane

Splinter Cell. Air Force One. So many ways it could work.

But they'd have to create a flight system for them, and figure out how to explain them NOT crashing the bloody game, like they claim atm with the current cargo plane.

3.) A ship

An entire aircraft carrier seems...overdone it. I'd love to have it and all, don't get me wrong. But I doubt it would be there...BUT ships aircraft are arguably far easier to place in areas around LS and PB due to the sea, and static ships are alead a thing (yachts).

Now they could just go and use the yachts right now (hence the discount) but they also could use something else.

Like the Littoral Combat ship.

http://images04.military.com/media/equipment/ships-and-submarines/littoral-combat-ship-lcs/lcs-littoral-combat-ship-05.jpg

They are small coastal vessels that can serve also minor helicarriers aND amphibious landing support. Having a yacht variant sold by warstock would be ideal. It's mostly there with current yachts, and would give them and excuse to create another money sink.

I don't see why aircraft carrier seems overdone when they can add a yacht into the game. It's not like those modders can shoot yacht / aircraft carrier out of their gun as an ammo.

And if they use yachts I will scream...I don't have one and I'm afraid of buying one right now. Only 16 mill in the bank.

I don't think they will add another ship that only heli can land again, They already have it for the yacht the whole idea is that a jet / a plane can land on the "ship" in this case the aircraft carrier. Once again, this is military theme DLC not a police coast guard dlc lol. Wouldn't aircraft carrier get them more shark card sales? Everyone is hyped and wants it to be in.

I think massive is relative given the context.

Wichever big truck it ends up being, would still qualify as massive.

Btw why is it always the newest members who act like the biggest douches ?

Then in the first place why would r* use 2 "massive" wording in their newswire? 1 for describing the update another one for describing the MOC. You guys just doesn't look into it enough, In-depth, get it?

Because the newest members are always the ones that would look in-dept enough to understand the situation.

Littoral Combat Ships aren't Coast Guard. They are Navy/Marine vessels for coastal operations. And the Hydra and Lazer are S/VTOL Aircraft, so toying with one of the ships is something.

ALSO.

The Coast Guard is considered a part of the US Armed Forces, as they are part of the 5 sides of the Pentagon - Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.

The details are too vague to speculate yet imo. They might be talking about upgrading vehicles at the MOC, rather than upgrading the MOC itself, so you buy the bunker to unlock the vehicles and missions, then you buy the MOC to unlock the upgrades and maybe the research thing they mentioned. Literally could be anything atm

Many people in this thread are taking the word 'massive' the wrong way. It's a subjective word, you could have a massive truck that is barely 1% of the size of an aircraft carrier but it's still massive within the confines of what a truck is (a massive mouse is nowhere near the size of a tiny elephant)

Nah they clearly mean the MOC.

"Full-service Mobile Operation Centers complete with new weapon upgrades."

That means we will be able to upgrade the MOC's weapons.

I do agree with the part about the word "Massive" being subjective. You're right that it could mean anything.

That's exactly what i said in one of my previous posts. :D

• Like 1

malcolm_tucker

Yeah man you're probably right, I'm just trying to throw an alternate view in the mix to get people thinking. The way they word it though, I think it's open to a lot of interpretation; take out the word 'new' and I'd 100% agree with you but with that word in there it's like they're saying new upgrades for existing things, maybe even upgrades for handheld weapons or Pegasus vehicles.

FruitbatReturns

I voted cargoplane...mostly wishful thinking but...

Those extra sales that some are getting seem to be on vehicles that will be rendered as useful as a chocolate frying pan when Gunrunning drops. I picked up the Jetsam bob for a little over 600k last night. Then I thought, what's it being replaced with?

I picked up the Jetsam bob for a little over 600k last night. Then I thought, what's it being replaced with?

Hopefully the skylift from SP or magnet bob from heists.

• Like 3

The main reason I don't see us getting an Aircraft Carrier or Yacht Addition for the MOC is the following:

The MOC will be destructible. That's why I think a giant Truck or Plane is our best option in terms of what we will ultimately receive. Both of those objects can be destroyed.

My money is still on an enormous truck like the one from "Live Free Or Die Hard". It would have missiles (perhaps the same missiles the APC has) attached to the roof as well as other defense options.

Thoughts?

The Yacht is undestroyable, yet it has it's own defence system. That thing could get weapons just for the sake of a mission, like the Yacht.

• Like 1

What if the MOCs are just props like a container or a trailer & we have to pay a fee to move them between predesignated locations like the Yachts?

I picked up the Jetsam bob for a little over 600k last night. Then I thought, what's it being replaced with?

I hope its the Skylift.

Yeah man you're probably right, I'm just trying to throw an alternate view in the mix to get people thinking. The way they word it though, I think it's open to a lot of interpretation; take out the word 'new' and I'd 100% agree with you but with that word in there it's like they're saying new upgrades for existing things, maybe even upgrades for handheld weapons or Pegasus vehicles.

It's cool that's what this thread is for. It's great to hear everyone's takes on things so we can speculate on what will be coming.

I'm willing to bet we will be buying our own custom shop inside the bunkers themselves where we will be doing our custom work on the new special vehicles. That's what happened with the CEO Office and Biker Clubhouse.

I think the MOC will serve as a mobile base to start up missions and gunrunning stuff.

• Like 1

Vidya Cowboy

Based on past decisions I'd say that it means players will fight king of hill style to hold onto the "mobile operation center" which means driving around the map in car crazily avoiding players while it locates guns or buyers.

Whatever MOC Vehicle we get, I hope its a clean professional looking vehicle. Not some homemade rust infisted POS (Yes, I'm looking at you Armored Boxville, Phantom Wedge & Wastelander).

Whatever MOC Vehicle we get, I hope its a clean professional looking vehicle. Not some homemade rust infisted POS (Yes, I'm looking at you Armored Boxville, Phantom Wedge & Wastelander).

A valid concern.

FruitbatReturns

Oh hell yeah! I haven't played SP since Brontosaurus meat was eleven cents a pound, so I forgot about the skylift!

Your hope is contagious.

A valid concern.

I think there is at least a chance of both. A low tier for frugal biker types and a higher tier for executives. It seemed logical before the news and the wording they use seems to suggest it...to me anyway.

• Like 2

rebeldevil

Oh hell yeah! I haven't played SP since Brontosaurus meat was eleven cents a pound, so I forgot about the skylift!

Your hope is contagious.

A valid concern.

I think there is at least a chance of both. A low tier for frugal biker types and a higher tier for executives. It seemed logical before the news and the wording they use seems to suggest it...to me anyway.

I think this is probably the best way to go. Have an ugly, ratty-looking one for the guys in the cheap seats (or for people who dig that) and a clean one for the types that have to have everything shiny (like me)

If it were me I'd probably paint it in my typical livery--Midnight Blue metallic primary, Ice White secondary. It's what nearly all my cars are painted.

A valid concern.

Yep.

I think this is probably the best way to go. Have an ugly, ratty-looking one for the guys in the cheap seats (or for people who dig that) and a clean one for the types that have to have everything shiny (like me).

I agree, that'd be the way to go.

The Wandering Hunter

how about a helicarrier?

the best of both worlds

Hellbendzor

Lots of nice discounts ingame atm... And I can't buy them currently... Those cargobob discounts are pretty sweet...

Personally I think the mobile center will indeed be some kind of reinforced briquade... As long as it isn't the RV from breaking bad, I'm ok with all options...

I don't think we'll (ever) get option to buy the aircraft carrier... That would be awesome, but I don't think it'll ever happen... Having the option to buy a Lazer would be nice or have it stored on the purchased carrier would be even nicer... But ok... One can dream. So far this dlc will deliver some awesome new stuff... Potentially alter the game completely... Especially Blaine County will never be the same after gunrunning drops in...

FaultyDroid

I can see it being like the Yacht. Its stationary, but you can pay a fee to move it.

corpsecity89

my guess its a upgraded brickade armored up with guns or something bigger like the one in fast 7

Did someobody say skylift?

• Like 3

I've been waiting for 2 days to post in this thread. Here is what i think:

There will be multiple ranges of "Massive operation centers" depending on player's budget.

What i think it could actually be:

-Aircraft carrier (fits the description+ is already developed)

-Reworked Xero Blimp

-New massive plane but smaller than the cargo plane

-Some kind of massive truck

I've been waiting for 2 days to post in this thread. Here is what i think:

There will be multiple ranges of "Massive operation centers" depending on player's budget.

What i think it could actually be:

-Aircraft carrier (fits the description+ is already developed)

-Reworked Xero Blimp

-New massive plane but smaller than the cargo plane

-Some kind of massive truck

This is what I'm hoping for as well.

It would make sense to give us different options based on players budgets.

FruitbatReturns

I'm hoping for an enormous dirigible.

Teddy Ruxpin DLC, I like it.

I miss playing Richard Pryor and Andrew Dice Clay tapes in my Teddy...good times.

People saying it could be a train actually have a good point.

I think these "Massive mobile operation centers" cannot be destroyed or driven by players.

Also, it is pretty much confirmed by R* that there will be multiple of them because they said "centers".

Edited by Haokizaru

People saying it could be a train actually have a good point.

I think these "Massive mobile operation centers" cannot be destroyed or driven by players.

Also, it is pretty much confirmed by R* that there will be multiple of them because they said "centers".

It would make sense.

I only question if it would be too congested. Imagine you're in a session where 20-30 players all own a MOC train. That would get a little congested on the train tracks, no?

It would definitely be cool to see though. Think "Goldeneye" train.

The train in Goldeneye was MOC. It also had a chopper stored inside.

IMO, it's not going to be a ground vehicle. Not unless it can be blown up. A giant ship like the yachts or aircraft carrier being indestructible is enough for suspension of disbelief, but a bus or truck? Not really.

I think it'll either be the aircraft carrier, or something like a giant blimp that's really high up.

Edited by The-Irish-Hunter

IMO, it's not going to be a ground vehicle. Not unless it can be blown up. A giant ship like the yachts or aircraft carrier being indestructible is enough for suspension of disbelief, but a bus or truck? Not really.

I think it'll either be the aircraft carrier, or something like a giant blimp that's really high up.

From your mouth (or keyboard) to God's ears (Rockstar's ears)

I've been wanting to own an aircraft carrier since I played the Humane Labs heist. Even if we get a ship similar to that I would be thrilled. Some people on here mention a ship that's a little smaller possibly.

I myself feel like they would probably just give us the AC itself if they are gonna give us a ship since the model is already in the game.

• Like 2