1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Mobile Operation Center

KingBen

Mobile Operation Center  

485 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Mobile Operation Center be?

The "Massive, Mobile Operation Center" is arguably the most intriguing part of this coming update that we don't know much about yet. All we know is that it's separate from the Bunker we will be purchasing and it's going to customizable.

I felt like a poll was the best way to get the communities input on what they think this will end up being.

Cheers!

Stay tuned for more on Gunrunning, including specific business and research opportunities, details on the massive tactical, full-service Mobile Operation Centers complete with new weapon upgrades and deep customization, all new Weaponized Vehicles and more.
  • Like 3

It looks like a fallout mod called apc on the go

• Like 3

Dotted throughout Blaine County are hatches - look into these mysterious properties on the Maze Bank Foreclosure site and youll find sprawling underground headquarters for sale, ready to be stocked with new military grade vehicles and weapons manufacturing equipment capable of developing highly sought after offensive and defensive technologies.

Where did you guys get the Aircraft Carrier and Cargoplanes? The former is stuck in one place and the latter is too big to land anywhere other than LSIA, and an airport isn't exactly a very shady place.

• Like 1

Mobile OPERATION Center?

Oops that's what I meant. If a mod wants to change the title to operation that's fine with me.

Dotted throughout Blaine County are hatches - look into these mysterious properties on the Maze Bank Foreclosure site and youll find sprawling underground headquarters for sale, ready to be stocked with new military grade vehicles and weapons manufacturing equipment capable of developing highly sought after offensive and defensive technologies.

Where did you guys get the Aircraft Carrier and Cargoplanes? The former is stuck in one place and the latter is too big to land anywhere other than LSIA, and an airport isn't exactly a very shady place.

Possibly speculating on a part of the Newswire you didn't quote.

"details on the massive tactical, full-service Mobile Operation Centers complete with new weapon upgrades and deep customization".

• Like 3

You quoted the wrong section. That's the section talking about the Bunkers...

I agree the cargo plane is probably not a likely option. The Aircraft Carrier could be treated like Yachts however. You can move it to various parts of the map via an expensive fee.

I've edited the topic title and included the quote from the Newswire in the OP.

If this stays specifically about this new feature then it can stay open, but if it descends into general DLC speculation then please just go back to the Next DLC Speculation Thread and we'll lock this one.

The fact that its "mobile" means it must move around or be accessible from anywhere, so it sounds interesting if it's something you can enter, unless it's just a service you can call on your phone to deliver a weapons cache or something.

• Like 6

fib_ufo_small.png

I've edited the topic title and included the quote from the Newswire in the OP.

If this stays specifically about this new feature then it can stay open, but if it descends into general DLC speculation then please just go back to the Next DLC Speculation Thread and we'll lock this one.

The fact that its "mobile" means it must move around or be accessible from anywhere, so it sounds interesting if it's something you can enter, unless it's just a service you can call on your phone to deliver a weapons cache or something.

Thanks Kirsty!

• Like 2

To me it sounds like a truck with a trailer with big guns on it, the thing that is to be seen is does it have an interior like a small mobile cabin/office or it's just a vehicle that has a passenger seat in trailer that is specifically locked for the leader (like the ceo/mc) and has an option for a laptop and maybe champagne. the trailer might look like one from Death Race. just not too much like that Armed Boxville we got in I/E.

"Massive" and "Tactical" are also key words as well as "Mobile".

If you're old enough to have ever watched MASH, the M stood for Mobile, as it was a tent camp. I'm sure this DLC won't have a tent camp, but mobile doesn't have to mean you can drive it around. Maybe you can move your HQ from bunker to bunker for a fee, like moving the yacht? Just to put that out there, kind of out of the box, crazy thought.

I'd be happiest with a yacht expansion, though. But would that be fair to people who never bought one?

This is an interesting question, though.

A Brickade with Insurgent toughness and the HL and 50 cal.

Please Rockstar.

• Like 4

Im thinking a big truck since its mobile, and the bunker is already static. Maybe a repurposed city bus with a decent interior loaded with electronics. Armed with both driver controled weapons, and manned turrets. June cant come quick enuff.

I voted for Big Truck. Think that's the most likely option. I still see Aircraft Carriers as an extreme long shot. Hope i'm wrong.

• Like 2

I feel like there should be an option for Other in the poll also

I was going to add an option for other but I felt it was too broad. If you feel like it's "other" please feel free to comment and leave your suggestion. That way we can discuss that option.

"Massive" and "Tactical" are also key words as well as "Mobile".

If you're old enough to have ever watched MASH, the M stood for Mobile, as it was a tent camp. I'm sure this DLC won't have a tent camp, but mobile doesn't have to mean you can drive it around. Maybe you can move your HQ from bunker to bunker for a fee, like moving the yacht? Just to put that out there, kind of out of the box, crazy thought.

I'd be happiest with a yacht expansion, though. But would that be fair to people who never bought one?

This is an interesting question, though.

This is a good point. The word "massive" could rule out a truck. That makes it sound like it will be an enormous moving structure.

I don't think it means you can move your HQ from bunker to bunker though. I think once you buy a bunker that's your bunker. Only way to switch to a different bunker would be to buy a different location.

Just my two cents.

Edited by LazerKing

Massive and mobile could have mean it is perhaps a LHD: a thing between small aircraft carrier and landing ship.

• Like 3

Massive and mobile could have mean it is perhaps a LHD: a thing between small aircraft carrier and landing ship.

An LHD would be perfect. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

FWIW,

When I google "Mobile Operation Center" this is what comes up in images.

MOC1_Driver_Side_Naper.jpg

GPA_MSOC_40.jpg

I have a feeling this is what we will end up getting.

Then again the Newswire post does pluralize "centers" (full-service Mobile Operation Centers).

This could point to there being more than one option for a MOC.

Edited by LazerKing

A train. You'll launch gunrunning missions (similar to special vehicles missions) you'll select the vehicules you want for the jobs, the location of spawn (far away of objective mean less risks etc). Then the gear and the team is 'loaded' on a train ready to be dispatched.

The Wandering Hunter

a trailer, with a couple mounted guns and stationary. it can be moved via a menu but not physically. although there would be 100 possible locations.

i really don't see an alternative other than a brocade size vehicle, but that would be sh*tty when someone rpgs it.

lol

would be funny if it was a massive tent

Edited by The Sole Survivor
  • Like 1

Knowing Rockstar it's going to be as mobile as the yacht. I'd say dream a little smaller.

• Like 2

It's so vaguely worded that it could be any of the options from the poll. Some are more likely than others certainly.. I'm personally hoping for Yacht integration or another, much beefier Brickade (or Benny's Brickade anyone? Lol)

• Like 1

FWIW,

When I google "Mobile Operation Center" this is what comes up in images.

MOC1_Driver_Side_Naper.jpg

GPA_MSOC_40.jpg

I have a feeling this is what we will end up getting.

Then again the Newswire post does pluralize "centers" (full-service Mobile Operation Centers).

This could point to there being more than one option for a MOC.

This, probably it will be a re-skinned Brickade though.

It's literally a trailer park double wide that you can upgrade with a pick up truck or hook for the cargobob.

I'd seriously enjoy the visual if this happens.

A Brickade with Insurgent toughness and the HL and 50 cal.

Please Rockstar.

And " Don't Cross the Line" on the TV inside. Let's not ask for half-measures from Rockstar
  • Like 2