Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kirsty

Rockstar releases details and screens for GTA Online Gunrunning Update

Blue

Actually, YOU are the one proving our points, buddy. I actually want them to stop investing so much in GTA Online and work on something better, rather than just trying too hard to keep the Online mode alive with pointless updates like this one. I'm not saying I complain about many of the updates out there. FYI, I did actually enjoy a bunch of the stuff Rockstar gave us, especially recently, like for instance, cars the Infernus Classic or the Elegy. But making a military-themed update for GTA is like killing the vibe of the game itself, like the Cunning Stunts DLC. If you weren't such a braindead normie, you would know the purpose of GTA is not just chaos, in fact, there's a lot more to it than you could possibly imagine. In GTA, you don't ever play as a soldier, do you? You play as a criminal. I just can't feel the GTA vibe in this DLC, and I'll say it again, it's basically bringing useless sh*t for kids who got nothing else to do with their meaningless little lives to have fun killing others so their depression won't increase. And I'm sorry but... Rockstar makes "balance fixers"? Okay? Since when? Like Xiled said up there, balance is something I do see decreasing for the past few years.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Will they add a prone mode with all this military themed content?

I think that is a lot to wish for.

Rockstar never did something comparable to that and they already showed quite the distain to change things from the basic game.

They rather "add" things instead, but not in such a fashion.

Would be cool if they did though.

You only made my point more clear. The game wasn't balanced at launch, people bitch, Rockstar makes a "balance fixer" only to f*ck up balance more. I mean for f*cks sake the game has a projectile system only comparable to the first Doom game. Rockstar does not care much about balancing their game, only to shove out more DLCs. No one will ever be happy, they'll just bitch. Because this Community doesn't know what it f*cking wants.

New vehicles will not improve balance.

Only reworking the old vehicles will do that.

Kinda have been wishing for this since at least early 2015 when heists came out.

CallsignReaver

Actually, YOU are the one proving our points, buddy. I actually want them to stop investing so much in GTA Online and work on something better, rather than just trying too hard to keep the Online mode alive with pointless updates like this one. I'm not saying I complain about many of the updates out there. FYI, I did actually enjoy a bunch of the stuff Rockstar gave us, especially recently, like for instance, cars the Infernus Classic or the Elegy. But making a military-themed update for GTA is like killing the vibe of the game itself, like the Cunning Stunts DLC. If you weren't such a braindead normie, you would know the purpose of GTA is not just chaos, in fact, there's a lot more to it than you could possibly imagine. In GTA, you don't ever play as a soldier, do you? You play as a criminal. I just can't feel the GTA vibe in this DLC, and I'll say it again, it's basically bringing useless sh*t for kids who got nothing else to do with their meaningless little lives to have fun killing others so their depression won't increase. And I'm sorry but... Rockstar makes "balance fixers"? Okay? Since when? Like Xiled said up there, balance is something I do see decreasing for the past few years.

I lost interest when I saw the word "normie" . The classic unoriginal name call for "cool kids". Yes I do know the point in the game is to be a criminal, but it's also about doing whatever you want, which heavily includes mass killing. I'm going to point towards GTA IV multiplayer once again, which was an eternal warzone. The game never gave you a certain "vibe".

Everyone asked for the Hydra = bitched afterwards

Everyone asked for a counter to aircraft = bitched afterwards

Everyone asked for a lowriders DLC = complaints that it isn't enough

Everyone asked for a bikers DLC = bitching that it wasn't enough

And now after so many years of a military themed DLC people are still whining.

You have different opinions than me, and I have different opinions than many others. The community is so damn divided it doesn't know what it wants.

Kinda have been wishing for this since at least early 2015 when heists came out.

I agree, but knowing this is a game by Rockstar I'll leave it, because everything they do makes things worse. I think the Rhino is several underpowered atm, the Insurgent is the opposite (they need switched roles). The Homing Launcher needs to be faster but turn less sharp, it's a missile not a f*cking ballet dancer, they don't take 90+ degree turns right after launching. They do work, but people think they don't because they shoot them like retards at the dumbest angles.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

I lost interest when I saw the word "normie" . The classic unoriginal name call for "cool kids". Yes I do know the point in the game is to be a criminal, but it's also about doing whatever you want, which heavily includes mass killing. I'm going to point towards GTA IV multiplayer once again, which was an eternal warzone. The game never gave you a certain "vibe".

Everyone asked for the Hydra = bitched afterwards

Everyone asked for a counter to aircraft = bitched afterwards

Everyone asked for a lowriders DLC = complaints that it isn't enough

Everyone asked for a bikers DLC = bitching that it wasn't enough

And now after so many years of a military themed DLC people are still whining.

You have different opinions than me, and I have different opinions than many others. The community is so damn divided it doesn't know what it wants.

I agree, but knowing this is a game by Rockstar I'll leave it, because everything they do makes things worse. I think the Rhino is several underpowered atm, the Insurgent is the opposite (they need switched roles). The Homing Launcher needs to be faster but turn less sharp, it's a missile not a f*cking ballet dancer, they don't take 90+ degree turns right after launching. They do work, but people think they don't because they shoot them like retards at the dumbest angles.

Not sure about such statements.

The insurgents workings are simply just awkward.

No bullet proof windows yet completely over the top armor and capability to pretty much use any weapon you can with regular cars.

The tank's basic armor is not underpowered at all, it is just that people suck at using them and jets are overpowered.

Not sure about the homing launcher, except for the fact i do not think it should be capable to destroy helicopters by one hit and it is not capable to hit jets at all and it is ridiculous how it can take down unarmed aircraft.

HaRdSTyLe_83

If you complain about gameplay features that are focused around public lobbies without knowing the whole point of GTA you're a fool. And yes completely ignore the days of GTA IV where Liberty City was WW3, and people loved it.

and since when did the "whole point of GTA" start becoming a battlefield map? GtaO is a young baby in grand theft auto series, and they seem to be targeting young kids like yourself with all the military stuff.

Great Britain

Why is this call sign beaver guy even comparing freemode "chaos" to a literal military battlefield chaos? This guy talks about how everyone else fails to realize the so called point of GTA while he himself isn't even anywhere close to being aware of what this series has always been focused around. Let's talk about GTAO. We got something for stunt freaks, racing enthusiasts, biker gang fans, fans with a taste of luxury and now a military oriented DLC. So pardon me if I sound clueless but why don't you tell us exactly what you think the point of GTA here really is? The fact everyone is complaining about is that the artillery that is going to be added with this DLC is going to be available in freemode sessions and only adds to the already existing problem of "griefing". Back in the IV era of the apparent chaos in sessions you apparently speak of, I think I don't need to remind you of how fundamentally different the concept of GTAO and IV's MP really is, do I? Also can you provide us with a citation where it explicitly states that "doing whatever you want in GTA equals for the most part, mass killing"? That would have been the case for that IV's MP you keep bringing up where you basically were left in a city with not much to do but race and kill. Do you really think that GTAO didn't give us a whole lot of ways to spend our time in many ways other than "Mass killing"?

The way you say it, it would appear that every lobby you joined till date has always been each and every person in the server going after the other person's throat. People bitch about GTAO itself, when GTA V came out, people bitched about it too, they did for IV as well. Your whole life is spent in bitching about a lot of things that you don't like or you think are not the way in which you wished for them to happen, can you change that? In most cases no, but you make it sound like when someone complains about what they don't like, they are automatically clueless? How can it not cross your mind even once that people like yourself may have wanted a hydra in-game but then another group of people who felt the thing was too OP, complained about it. Why are you making it sound like it was a collective decision of every person in the community? Even if that was the case, I'm sure no-one asked for an OP killing machine. Maybe you did, I don't know..your whole concept of GTAO and freemode sessions in general has gone over many heads including your own. We are all looking forward to this DLC despite the bitching so I think that tells you something about keeping an open-mind even towards a muppet like you.

Edited by Great Britain

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Lol at the FPS comparisations.

First of all, GTA never only revolved around military weapons and vehicles and any FPS i ever played at least has more balanced content then this game has.

CallsignReaver

Of course. I get a bunch of idiots. Since it's 10:30 in the morning and I don't care what a bunch of Euro-liberals say (for other reasons) I'll point towards GTA SA. It had quite a lot of variety in terms of military weapons, but it wasn't the main focus. GTA V has a lot of military grade weapons, but it isn't the main focus (yeah, everyone ignores one of the main enemies is the militia/military on high wanted jobs). I am not one of the millions of whiners crying "OMFG FREEMODE ISS RUUIIINNEEDDD WHHHYYYYYYY" because good lord have I seen that a lot. And everyones comparing it to shooter games like Battlefield. That's the most f*cking retarded thing I have ever heard from this game's community recently, comparing two separate titles because of ONE DLC, just like everyone comparing this to Forza because of a Hotwheels DLC.

It's not like Rockstar advertised this game as chaos before launch, because well, that's a lot of buzzards/lazers.

young kids like yourself

What an unoriginal way of insulting someone you disagree with. Take a look at your name, the style of your name, the overused profile picture, and walk away. Don't be a twat.

Blue

young kids like yourself

What an unoriginal way of insulting someone you disagree with. Take a look at your name, the style of your name, the overused profile picture, and walk away. Don't be a twat.

If you wanna say something like that, look at yourself in the mirror first before judging others.

VArFcKt.png

Please.

ARTHUR.

Of course. I get a bunch of idiots. Since it's 10:30 in the morning and I don't care what a bunch of Euro-liberals say (for other reasons)

young kids like yourself

"Don't be a twat" says the twat.

You should take a look at yourself first before acting like the mega f*cking hypocrite you are.

Great Britain

Of course. I get a bunch of idiots. Since it's 10:30 in the morning and I don't care what a bunch of Euro-liberals say (for other reasons) I'll point towards GTA SA. It had quite a lot of variety in terms of military weapons, but it wasn't the main focus. GTA V has a lot of military grade weapons, but it isn't the main focus (yeah, everyone ignores one of the main enemies is the militia/military on high wanted jobs). I am not one of the millions of whiners crying "OMFG FREEMODE ISS RUUIIINNEEDDD WHHHYYYYYYY" because good lord have I seen that a lot. And everyones comparing it to shooter games like Battlefield. That's the most f*cking retarded thing I have ever heard from this game's community recently, comparing two separate titles because of ONE DLC, just like everyone comparing this to Forza because of a Hotwheels DLC.

It's not like Rockstar advertised this game as chaos before launch, because well, that's a lot of buzzards/lazers.

young kids like yourself

9ihVYv.png

See you around....Officer.

Edited by Great Britain

Officer Ronson

Actually you do, for like 2 - 3 missions. also saying normie outside a containment board lmao

THCobra

Okay, all I saw here was obscure namecalling and dumbassery from every angle. And the last reply? Really? The guy got banned and you wanna show your small bollocks to someone who can't read it? You're the one who called him a muppet after all, with the state "God is my right" in French with "Great Britain" plastered on your profile. The only thing I saw from the pic of Reaver was the "I eat babies" quote.

Any reason this guy was permabanned for "arguing" but everyone else stays with no warning? He's only been here 3 bloody weeks, that does f*ck all to the situation for anyone.

On-topic: There's literally no reason I see at all for the panic over this DLC, having played BF3 today I don't really see how, in any way, this game would become a "typical military shooter". Hell, I see more people whining about griefers than I see actual griefers, and less people paying attention to modders. I'm glad the APC is back for one, loved the thing. But I don't think freemode will change, and it won't. Freemode will remain as salty & toxic as it always is, just like this game & it's community is. I get called a griefer simply by destroying CEO/Biker cargo/targets, because they don't know that's literally the point, otherwise the game wouldn't mark you as a giant red target... duh.

Of course. I get a bunch of idiots. Since it's 10:30 in the morning and I don't care what a bunch of Euro-liberals say (for other reasons)

young kids like yourself

"Don't be a twat" says the twat.

You should take a look at yourself first before acting like the mega f*cking hypocrite you are.

Our news stations are still covering Manchester, something that honestly could have been stopped (Immigration) so I get the guys' point there.... if that's his point (that's usually what people mean by liberals). But your reply feeds the fire.

Great Britain

Okay, all I saw here was obscure namecalling and dumbassery from every angle. And the last reply? Really? The guy got banned and you wanna show your small bollocks to someone who can't read it? You're the one who called him a muppet after all, with the state "God is my right" in French with "Great Britain" plastered on your profile. The only thing I saw from the pic of Reaver was the "I eat babies" quote.

Any reason this guy was permabanned for "arguing" but everyone else stays with no warning? He's only been here 3 bloody weeks, that does f*ck all to the situation for anyone.

So this dude just made another profile like 2 hours ago and is referring to the beaver profile as if it's someone else? xD

I can't really take the blame for your lack of comprehension of simple statements and your selective judgement on the said statements. There was plenty more info in those wordings but you chose to only read the name calling. You can read everything as a guest. get your facts right. I did call you a muppet and for a very good reason too. I stand by that statement. You are lucky you got banned or else you would have heard a lot more from others as well. As if you weren't already. I don't get the point you are trying to make with my profile name or it's tagline? Ran out of things to say or just now realizing that both your usernames were sh*t?

If i had to take a guess, YOU, were permabanned for derailing the topic if anyone said something that you did not like. Your off-topic remarks, being distasteful towards the community as a whole and a disgusting attitude along with a host of other things, probably counted towards it as well. You really appear to be the sort of person to make a new profile just to continue with your sh*tposting and have it banned again. I wouldn't want to have the moderators deal with you again and again so this will be my last post directed towards you and your banned accounts on this thread. If you wish to continue this conversation, kindly take it off of here and PM me. I'll be sure to publicly post you getting roasted in there.

Edited by Great Britain

Kirsty

You got banned for multiple previously banned accounts, not because everyone around here has "small bollocks", not that you can say anything about that when you're pretending you're not the same guy...

Everyone else feel free to keep discussing the topic at hand, the Gunrunning update, I'm sure we can do it in a civil manner now he's out of the way.

Blue

Much obliged, Kirsty. :^:

21:6

This is the fill-in for singleplayer dlc? ffs

as if GTA Online wasn't a warzone already, this is adding insult to injury and I feel as if this will be the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people that are still dedicated to the Online mode. Rockstar are making their own game unplayable by adding overpowered bullsh*t that doesn't belong in their game in the first place.

Edited by 21:6

Great Britain

I swear, even though I hate shark cards and never bought one, I'll literally buy the most expensive one if only Rockstar can include even just a small cutscene showing LJT getting mauled by hounds in this upcoming DLC.

SkynetOnlineID

I swear, even though I hate shark cards and never bought one, I'll literally buy the most expensive one if only Rockstar can include even just a small cutscene showing LJT getting mauled by hounds in this upcoming DLC.

Hopefully they'll fix the calls from LJT this update. That's positive thinking.

Edited by SkynetOnlineID

Great Britain

Hopefully they'll fix the calls from LJT this update. That's positive thinking.

*sigh* I've lost count of the number of times I've placed him and his calls in the list of one of the, if not THE MOST annoying thing in online at the moment.