Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,950 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Merle Travis

The trailer and the screenshots so far show no signs of snow.

Merle Travis

Anyone else bummed we are not getting snow this time? I loved Tall Trees.

Jason

Not seeing any snow in the seven screenshots or the dozen or so clips from the trailer means no snow? Hell of a leap that mate.

Edited by Jason

confederatestatesgta

we only saw a few screenshots and a one minute trailer. it could be possible that rockstar does not want to show everything at once. I hope there is snow like you said tall trees was a cool place. all we can do is wait for more info.

Dee.

didnt we see snow in the trailer though? my eyes did

Kajjy

There's what looks like a snowy area in the distance in the trailer at 0:57 seconds though?

Merle Travis

There's what looks like a snowy area in the distance in the trailer at 0:57 seconds though?

Yeah but the snow in the trailer only looks like snowy map borders i.e. mountains you can't reach but just seal off the map. So far in the screenshots and trailer we have been shown no "wintry" areas you can actually walk around in and I am worried we will not get snow to traverse in RDR2. Im so sad this was my favourite part of the game! :(

I want something like this...

https://i.redd.it/ysmpcxqqpoxy.jpg

I feel like we have seen so much of the landscapes already, and none of them show any snow or winter?

Edited by oglocindahouse

I feel like we have seen so much of the landscapes already, and none of them show any snow or winter?

I'd be surprised if no snow. After all america's "unforgiving heartland" has to have some snow.

BTW, Merle Travis 0474.png0474.png0474.png

Edited by 1898

Kirsty

I imagine there could be some near high peaks / mountains. If you look at the screenshots and trailer, the grass in the plains areas looks very brown/dry whereas the grass and trees in the forest areas look green and lush. It could mean a variety of environments befitting of each "biome" sorta thing.

What if every now and then in certain areas it just started snowing. That would be a treat.

Rockstar Vienna

Yeah but the snow in the trailer only looks like snowy map borders i.e. mountains you can't reach but just seal off the map. So far in the screenshots and trailer we have been shown no "wintry" areas you can actually walk around in and I am worried we will not get snow to traverse in RDR2. Im so sad this was my favourite part of the game! :(

I want something like this...

https://i.redd.it/ysmpcxqqpoxy.jpg

I made a snow topic a few months ago with 2 screenshots showing the only snow we've seen so far. While I agree with you that many mountains could just be map borders I really expect a snowy area like Tall Trees or Cochinay again. I mean the snow there wasn't deep or anything (actually just white paint) but the atmosphere, especially at night, was pretty amazing. Let's wait for the next screens or a new trailer.

Svip

We know Tall Trees exist in Red Dead Redemption. But there was no signs of it in its debut trailer nor its pre-release screenshots. You'd be hard pressed to know there even would be snow in the game before it came out (although, I have not looked through all the pre-release trailers).

But it made sense, in a way, Tall Trees - while a great location that I visited a lot myself - did not really have that major an impact on the main storyline. And trailers and screenshots has a tendency to focus on that.

Besides, why reveal everything before launch? Unrevealed locations are nicer to find on your own than anticipating their reveal, and merely sit impatiently by as the location's arrival takes a while to show itself.

Edited by Svip

DarksunDaFirst

We didn't see any snow in the original Red Dead Redemption trailers either. It wasn't until they did the supplemental videos did they show some snow. If I recall correctly, the first one to show snow Gameplay trailer released in Dec of 2009. Their debut trailer came in March of that year, with one trailer in between that came in November.

There was hints of snow though before the debut trailer, but that was more leaked inside information rather than official media released by R*.

Edited by DarksunDaFirst

dwh850

I really think rockstar has incorporated seasons. Why else would they show the leaf falling off the tree in the trailer? And if the leaves fall... there will be snow. I can't wait to see the landscape change for different seasons. Only rockstar.

Jon Jon

I hope they have seasonal changes in RDR2 but I highly doubt it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Versous

I respect that you are into such atmospheres but I don't see how snow would be a very valuable addition in a western setting to be honest.

This is not GTA where you could have some fun Snow mobile or Ski/Snowboard races.

All i want from this map is that it is less of an illusion killer than RDR was. Don't get me wrong it is just a beautiful open world to be a part of but it never felt like travelling from point A to B GTA V was a big improvement in that regard so there is hope!

Edited by Versous

Mister Pink

Jesus man, lets keep some surprise for ourselves when the game comes out, eh? :p

Seriously though, we haven't seen any interiors either? Interiors out, confirmed.

Edited by Mister Pink

Striker_Blitz

Since we are on the hope train, i hope we get seasons(winter, summer etc.)

Aerosmithfan999

I wouldn't rule out snow entirely. There's not a whole lot we know about the game yet. I'm sure Rockstar will add snow to the game.

Holland_Hicks

I'm willing to bet there will be plenty of snow in the game. I think the map in RDR2 will be (almost) entirely dedicated to the people who loved the Tall Trees/Great Plains area of RDR1. At least this is the vibe I get from the trailer and handful of screenshots they've given us so far.

Johnson Johnson

The Trailer and the screenshots so far show no signs of desert.

ARTHUR.

You sure, bud? this looks like quite an arid piece of land to me.

PJgOvZc.png?1

StJimmy

PJgOvZc.png?1

I think that might be more plains area. Judging by the leaked map and trailer, this seems to be based more on the North Dakotas and Louisianas than Texases and Arizonas. Great Plains and Tall Trees are west of this map, and those were supposed to be RDR1's taste of the east anyhow.

I think this one is going for less of a Spaghetti Western, with no Mexico and deserts and all that, and more for those American Westerns that take place in the mountains and stuff (Think "Shane" and other ones I'm blanking on). I mean I don't know for sure if there is one, but all signs right now are pointing to no.

otachi

PJgOvZc.png?1

I think that might be more plains area. Judging by the leaked map and trailer, this seems to be based more on the North Dakotas and Louisianas than Texases and Arizonas. Great Plains and Tall Trees are west of this map, and those were supposed to be RDR1's taste of the east anyhow.

I think this one is going for less of a Spaghetti Western, with no Mexico and deserts and all that, and more for those American Westerns that take place in the mountains and stuff (Think "Shane" and other ones I'm blanking on). I mean I don't know for sure if there is one, but all signs right now are pointing to no.

So there will big desert areas or not?

Striker_Blitz

PJgOvZc.png?1

I sure hope so

Raj Brunner

0:46

You were saying?

Gtaman_92

PJgOvZc.png?1

That's a prairie.

SmokesWithCigs

there is snow in the trailer. be calm.

StJimmy

I am going with "no" for now, but like I said, the leaked map could have one on their and no one has noticed it yet

sleepwalk1980

0:46

You were saying?

500pxShopped.jpg?1318992465

Edited by sleepwalk1980

t-p-d-a

there is snow in the trailer. be calm.

this is fake