2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

RDR2 Screenshot Analysis Thread

Nah 1890's is too late.. cant believe you think John will be returning.. come on guys

The poster for RDR2 shows not only a character who looks convincingly like Marston(far-left), but also dead ringers for many other characters in RDR1. Not just in their face, but the attire too, such as the curl on Bill Williamson's hat (third from right). It would be utterly bizarre for Rockstar to design a gang of new characters with the same idiosyncratic look of as many of the characters from the franchises previous instalment.

rdr2.jpg

• Like 2

I hope it's a single protag. The main guy they keep showing looks badass.

so the big burly guy is protag?

We don't know but he's certainly getting the most of the limelight. Could be a decoy but I think not. I think Rockstar is slowly introducing us to our protag.

I have to say, I'm loving everything I'm seeing so far. I love the whole colour palette, the muddy browns, greens etc. The smoke and steam add such great atmosphere. And as others mentioned, those trees look amazing! Really, they're the trees we wanted in V. Where they tower above you and you feel small in comparison to them. The also offer a sort of protection.

g8GcA56.png

RE8NOx0.png

Edited by Mister Pink

I hope it's a single protag. The main guy they keep showing looks badass.

There will probably be multiple protagonists unfortunately.

• Like 1

I love how we'll be able to dual wield any 2 handguns like MP3, amazing feature! I also like that close up camera angle, I hope it's included when you're walking through towns (bit like Batman Arkham)

• Like 4

Talking about the train pic, i noticed there's a house between the trees, so i was wondering if we will be able to enter a lot of buildings. I would be verypleased if we could enter a lot of buildings like saloons etc

• Like 2
Dee-account-with-1kbans

I love how we'll be able to dual wield any 2 handguns like MP3, amazing feature! I also like that close up camera angle, I hope it's included when you're walking through towns (bit like Batman Arkham)

lets hope the combat is like MP3. Gore included. Also, i hope the homes and cabins in the middle of nowhere are seemlessly enterable unlike in V.

lets hope the combat is like MP3. Gore included. Also, i hope the homes and cabins in the middle of nowhere are seemlessly enterable unlike in V.

It should be better than mp3. Personally I'd like dismemberment with dynamite/shotgun

• Like 1

Hope they bring back looting from MP3 too. Holding down circle to pick up an enemies loot

They must bring back Lasso, looting, actual crouching which GTA V lacked....

What else?

Oh and this should be obvious... we need to be able to swim in RDR 2!

Edited by Yoona
  • Like 2

Cd2a7GL.png

Can't quite make anything out but if the Doctor store is anything like RDR1 this might be a list of possible things we can buy in the game. No photoshop wizard though, not sure if it's possible to clean up the text.

Already tried it's too lowres to get anything out of it.

Also Tom Hardy for voice acting on the main character, or the main villain. Either/or I don't mind :)

Edited by sleepwalk1980

Hope they bring back looting from MP3 too. Holding down circle to pick up an enemies loot

They must bring back Lasso, looting, actual crouching which GTA V lacked....

What else?

Oh and this should be obvious... we need to be able to swim in RDR 2!

Honestly i would be fine if they just took the canoe method.

The ring on that finger...

D for Dutch?

D for Delay?

I had too. ;)

D for Deez Delays mean more shark cards so suck deez nutz. gottem.

As you can see i'm taking the delay pretty hard.

• Like 2

Something I've noticed after looking at the screenshots is differences in the horses. Besides the obvious coat coloration differences, the size and shape of the horses do appear to differ. If you compare and contrast the horses that are pulling wagons or stagecoaches, they appear (to me at least) to be stockier with thicker and sturdier legs than the animals that the various characters are riding. Anyone else think that this means the horses could differ in more ways than just coat color and stats? It would make sense for R* to design more typical draft horses for cart and stagecoach pulling and leaner lighter individuals for general riding.

The main gun in the closeup pic looks like it could be modeled on the Smith & Wesson Schofield (1875 - 1878)

So likely the story will be based after 1875 if this is the same gun...

leOLWx5.jpg

400px-Schofield.jpg

S%26WSchofieldright.jpg

The gun in the pro-tags right hand in the other pic could also be the same gun. See how wide the chamber is when viewed from the top in the R* pic compared to this underside view I found. Quite wide. Whereas the left hand gun is a lot thinner, so must be a different gun.

wnlIEV4.jpg

Edited by sleepwalk1980

^he is holding the Colt Single Action (Peacemaker) Revolver. At least if I compare it to the one I own, it looks downright similar from the top.

So yes, at least 1873+

Edited by ivarblaauw
  • Like 2

Cd2a7GL.png

Can't quite make anything out but if the Doctor store is anything like RDR1 this might be a list of possible things we can buy in the game. No photoshop wizard though, not sure if it's possible to clean up the text.

just did a quick zoom in on my phone, seems like the third word might be "boar". Maybe the buy and selling system from RDR is back?

The last two letters are definitely an A and an R...AR-15 confirmed?

Edited by Striker_Blitz

Cd2a7GL.png

just did a quick zoom in on my phone, seems like the third word might be "boar". Maybe the buy and selling system from RDR is back?

It definitely says "WE SELL" at the very top. I think the second thing on the list might be Tobacco.

Cd2a7GL.png

It definitely says "WE SELL" at the very top. I think the second thing on the list might be Tobacco.

Yea I should have said the "WE SELL" part that is readable is what prompted me to speculate it was a list of purchasable goods. :lol:

It's so close to readable though, I think the 4th word might end in "ers", second word might be tobacco, it looks like a double c might be in there. Shame it can't be cleaned up. :(

Could this be Blackwater ? You can see the B and L and C,its possible cause the leaked map shows that Great Plains is a part of the world (which is where Blackwater is located)hpEaZLFz.jpgdyd1tRmc.jpgBjytCdDN.jpg

^he is holding the Colt Single Action (Peacemaker) Revolver. At least if I compare it to the one I own, it looks downright similar from the top.

So yes, at least 1873+

I think it might even be a mix of the Peacemaker & the Schofield - both of the same era, early 1870s

Check the hammer when it's cocked - the shape is much closer to that of the Peacemaker than the Schofield

Af3791q.jpg

RDR2

large-temp55d687b88ea2a.jpg

Peacemaker

However the Peacemaker doesn't have the circular section in front of the chamber like the Schofield...

u4bxVNN.jpg

RDR2

H1193-L95547627.jpg

Schofield

Edited by sleepwalk1980
  • Like 2

Could this be Blackwater ? You can see the B and L and C,its possible cause the leaked map shows that Great Plains is a part of the world (which is where Blackwater is located)

geZ5Gjc.png

More likely it's just a sign reading "BLACKSMITH".

• Like 3

I don't really like the idea of multiple protag's. It's kinda nice for fun and gameplay elements but don't really get close to you. When you have a single protag, you develop a kind of connection with him/her and you feel that they are important. Having multiple one's feel a little bit less important.

those pistols are customized. engraving this, personal stamp that etc

I will spend lots of red dead dollars on that feature for sure!

• Like 2

So yes, at least 1873+

I think it might even be a mix of the Peacemaker & the Schofield - both of the same era, early 1870s

Check the hammer when it's cocked - the shape is much closer to that of the Peacemaker than the Schofield

Af3791q.jpg

RDR2

large-temp55d687b88ea2a.jpg

Peacemaker

However the Peacemaker doesn't have the circular section in front of the chamber like the Schofield...

u4bxVNN.jpg

RDR2

H1193-L95547627.jpg

Schofield

Actually the hammer on the in-game gun is exactly like that of the Schofield. Just hard to tell because in the picture you posted, the Schofield isn't cocked. Look at the actual thumb grip shape, though. 100% the same. It's based on a Schofield and nothing else

• Like 2

No I meant the one he was holding besides his body. You can see the underbarrel of the revolver (Peacemaker), which the schofield lacks.

However chances are they have a lot of "fake" revolvers and rifles in the game.

I do hope we get to see the real deal guns as well tho. A western without the S&W, Schofield and Colts would be a shame