3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

RDR2 Screenshot Analysis Thread

greenrock

In the picture you can see how the cartridge case flies out. Did someone notice this before in the trailer? I didn´t see it

Another incredible detail, if it isn´t a cut scene.

Well this is the first time we've seen the volcanic pistol in RDR2, all the other guns have been revolvers. :p

• Like 2

In the picture you can see how the cartridge case flies out. Did someone notice this before in the trailer? I didn´t see it

Another incredible detail, if it isn´t a cut scene.

Well this is the first time we've seen the volcanic pistol in RDR2, all the other guns have been revolvers. :p

I didn´t see that either :whistle::blush:

Edited by Yelda

Looks maybe to be blood on Arthur's shirt? Also, note his bandanna is either tied different or entirely different

gJC9E4F.jpg

he looks so badass! i cant wait to play as Arthur Morgan :D

• Like 2

Oh man, there's nothing inherently like.. unique about his appearance, but I absolutely love Arthur's design. Who knew suspenders could look so intimidating?

• Like 3

Looks maybe to be blood on Arthur's shirt? Also, note his bandanna is either tied different or entirely different

gJC9E4F.jpg

I really like Arthur more and more. He looks like a real outlaw. The way that his belt is loosely tied around his hip looks f*cking badass, I love it. Dirt all over his clothes, loose belt, dual-wielding revolvers, stern expression on his face.That's a man you don't f*ck with. Woah ... I want finally dons the bandana, robbing banks and trains and show it to those who piss me off.

• Like 3

Oh man, there's nothing inherently like.. unique about his appearance, but I absolutely love Arthur's design. Who knew suspenders could look so intimidating?

How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and a suspenders? Man cant even trust his own pants

How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and a suspenders? Man cant even trust his own pants

lol Aside from the fact his pants have no belt...

How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and a suspenders? Man cant even trust his own pantsGood point. Maybe he's a fashionista of sorts...who knows...maybe all of these screens and the trailers are misleading us and in reality we will get a fashion get set in the wild west

Cool, next time you make a sh*tpost like that you're getting permabanned

yea that includes "accident" posts like "whoops I forgot to attach an image :^)" or "whoops my brother posted that :^)"

word up nerd

gwZr6Zc.png

I noticed neither Arthur or Dutch have their bandanas in the snowy shot. Dutch can be seen wearing a red one in the second trailer, but it's not around his neck in the screenshot released by Rockstar nor in the one leaked by TrustedReviews. It's hard to tell whether the other gang members in the back have theirs, but at least there doesn't seem to be one around the guy behind and in-between Dutch and Arthur, who I presume to be Bill judging by the hat and beard.

Dutch isn't wearing one in the scene where he asks Arthur if he has his back, but I assume it's because he's just chilling and doesn't need it at that particular moment.

As you all know there's a clip in the second trailer of the gang running through a snowy area, headed deeper into the woods. The guy in the front looks to have a blue coat similar to the one Arthur is wearing in two of the official screenshots, so I'll assume that's him. Then I'm guessing Dutch is either riding directly behind him or to the right, but neither of the coats seem to have the same fuzziness Dutch's coat has. However, the horse does appear to be the same white one he's riding in the recent screenshot.

The guy to the left closest to the camera seems to feature in a lot of the screenshots. While you can't see it in this screenshot, the guy to the right closest to the camera is probably Bill judging by the bent rim of the hat.

6VHuugK.png

So, perhaps the intro of the game is the gang riding through the woods, presumably running from lawmen, and that the credits will appear on the screen in a similar manner to John's train ride over to Armadillo? A montage of the gang running through creeks and branches, with the camera panning slowly over to different objects of interest with a captivating score playing in the background. Would make sense that the bandanas are acquired after this supposed intro sequence.

Or the bandanas were removed/unequipped just for the shot and they all have their respective bandanas from the get-go. Perfectly possible lol.

Edited by Mr. Morgan

Bananas don't need to be refrigerated, so yes.

Also Le Vilaj seems to be somewhere in the Caribbean, not the states.

Edited by ghostly dude
  • Like 2

oh yeah. i forgot about that. and my question is bananas go bad quickly so is there any chance that those are imported bananas, and this scene isnt on the island.

Edited by Cozzi
  • Like 1

oh yeah. i forgot about that. and my question is bananas go bad quickly so is there any chance that those are imported bananas, and this scene isnt on the island.

Yeah it could also be New Bordeaux.

I mean that makes sense because le vilaj is creole for the village which is Haitian speaking language pretty much broken french. At first i though it said le vitaj which means give them a drink in slovak. Bananas were in America btw lmao people had banana plantations.

Yeah it could also be New Bordeaux.

Im sure new Bordeaux is just a place holder also new Bordeaux in Mafia3 looks nothing like the one presented in the leaked map.

Edited by Safari

zC4uRev.png

• Like 3

^ that was my facebook avatar for quite some time. that smirk is just...GOLD

Bill Williamson on the right, you can tell by the hat and wears the same flannel in the burning house scene, guy on the left could be John Marston with the sawed-off shotgun

UDgbORc.png

G7DQjL9.png

UOsLXhZ.png

Edited by lesrima88
  • Like 2

I noticed neither Arthur or Dutch have their bandanas in the snowy shot. Dutch can be seen wearing a red one in the second trailer, but it's not around his neck in the screenshot released by Rockstar nor in the one leaked by TrustedReviews. It's hard to tell whether the other gang members in the back have theirs, but at least there doesn't seem to be one around the guy behind and in-between Dutch and Arthur, who I presume to be Bill judging by the hat and beard.

Dutch isn't wearing one in the scene where he asks Arthur if he has his back, but I assume it's because he's just chilling and doesn't need it at that particular moment.

As you all know there's a clip in the second trailer of the gang running through a snowy area, headed deeper into the woods. The guy in the front looks to have a blue coat similar to the one Arthur is wearing in two of the official screenshots, so I'll assume that's him. Then I'm guessing Dutch is either riding directly behind him or to the right, but neither of the coats seem to have the same fuzziness Dutch's coat has. However, the horse does appear to be the same white one he's riding in the recent screenshot.

The guy to the left closest to the camera seems to feature in a lot of the screenshots. While you can't see it in this screenshot, the guy to the right closest to the camera is probably Bill judging by the bent rim of the hat.

6VHuugK.png

So, perhaps the intro of the game is the gang riding through the woods, presumably running from lawmen, and that the credits will appear on the screen in a similar manner to John's train ride over to Armadillo? A montage of the gang running through creeks and branches, with the camera panning slowly over to different objects of interest with a captivating score playing in the background. Would make sense that the bandanas are acquired after this supposed intro sequence.

Or the bandanas were removed/unequipped just for the shot and they all have their respective bandanas from the get-go. Perfectly possible lol.

I think this is a good shout - also it would be the second Rockstar game in a row to start in a snow-based area :monocle:

Although they're not refrigerated, during transport they are frozen to 'preserve' them until they arrive at their destination. Not sure they would've been frozen during transport in the 1800s though :lol:

Bill Williamson on the right, you can tell by the hat and wears the same flannel in the burning house scene, guy on the left could be John Marston with the sawed-off shotgun

UDgbORc.png

G7DQjL9.png

UOsLXhZ.png

If correct, does this mean johns preferred choice of weapon as dictated by R* is the double barrel sawed off shotgun? I sort of figured him a pistol or rifle man.

Edited by Cozzi

UDgbORc.png

G7DQjL9.png

UOsLXhZ.png

To add to this, Johns go to weapon very well could be the sawed off shotgun. Just think of the red dead redemption cover art for instance John pointing a gun... THATS IT
  • Like 3