Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,362 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

greenrock

RDR2 Screenshot Analysis Thread

greenrock

if Arthur is wearing a native hat

is this proof that he might be half native american

John wears a sombrero and a poncho, he must be half mexican

/s

well is that a native hat or not?

TwistedMedia

I'm currently wearing a rope chain and Adidas trainers... guess I'm a member of RUN DMC

greenrock

im asking what kind of hat that is jesus christ

TwistedMedia

I don't think he wore hats

DexMacLeod

Like I said, google images will give you a lot of examples of the various styles if you want to look into it but it's hard to say for sure which style exactly this is due to its "worn in" nature. Could be that it's not specifically meant to resemble any one specific style also. Could be Rockstar's designers got a little creative.

I don't think Natives were known for making their own "cowboy" hats. If they had them it was usually bought/traded for or taken as a trophy off a kill. I don't think anyone can know for certain if the hat Arthur's wearing once belonged to a Native.

Why is it so important anyway?

Safari
Posted (edited)

there will be LOTS OF clothing options...ONLINE!

As long as online is a western experience I'm fine, Im not speaking to you "but the Benz" but for all the people saying if "they milk online I'm not buying the game" or something, even though theres so much evidence to disprove online will be milked... I really thought about it, and even if online was milked i wouldn't really care. Lets be honest its a wild west game i remember playing RDR1 online for countless hours being immersed in just playing with other people in the hardest times in American history along with being my badass own cowboy. When GTAIV had its multiplayer i really didn't like it as it was just boring and not anything special as all i would be doing is driving around all day. My point is that GTAonline and RDRonline are going to feel completely different... well for me at least as RDR will regardless be a wild west genre so i wont really be mad if they happened to milk online.

Edited by Safari

DexMacLeod

I think it's obvious that online will be milked. Why would they not try to make its life last as long as possible? I think most people's worry is that it will be milked at the expense of single player.

Seems pretty clear we're gonna have more clothing options which I'm okay with for the most part. I usually go against the grain when people wishlist for "realism" and "historical accuracy" over fun but a cowboy with a closet fulla clothes just seems extra silly to me.

Hopefully it won't be like GTA V where your character can change his clothes on his own. It always bugged me when I switched to Franklin and he's out and about in a pair of sweatpants or gym shorts. And Trevor wearing a dress in the middle of nowhere was funny the first time but it got old fast.

Probly won't have to worry about Arthur doing too much on his own if he's the only character we'll be playing as I really doubt we'll have to worry about him in sweatpants or dresses ;) but I'm generally the type who likes to pick an outfit and stick with it. That auto changing stuff always bugs me.

Safari

Its obvious they will try but will it work? only time will tell because I personally cant see them milking only online, there wasn't much in the west i know you were telling me about properties and story DLC for online similar to GTA but there just wasn't much. Im not saying they will fully support SP but I'm just saying i don't think they can last and keep the fans attracted to a wild west game for 4-5 years. Hopefully I'm wrong, either way I'm going to find myself on that game regardless of what they milk because in the end its still a western experience.

Yeah id also prefer the clothing changing to not be in this game or at-least have a option to turn auto changing off because i loved having a nice outfit i picked out in GTAV and then it would be gone as soon as i switch characters and id be so far from a clothing shop basically stuck with this sh*tty outfit my character is wearing.

DexMacLeod

Well, I don't think anyone's expecting GTA Online levels of success but Redemption's multiplayer probably would have lasted a lot longer if Rockstar had supported it better and without the paid DLC splitting the fan base. Hell, people are still playing it today. Rockstar could get away with as few as 4-6 decent sized updates a year and still keep a healthy playerbase.

I don't think Online will really affect Single player though. Not on any level we'll be able to prove anyway. They might skimp out on replayable game modes but we won't really know if it was to push people into Online or a design choice. And they certainly won't announce single player DLC until they know damn well they're actually going to deliver it.

BUT THE BENZ

R* can do whatever they want, no matter how bad it looks on their behalf. Rockstar(s)...eh

zachsterosu
Posted (edited)

Whoa this is interesting(look above the ear). I think it bodes well for euphoria, to me this is very reminiscent of the damage effects in RDR, with more physical/indented wounds than in GTA V.

For reference, the man on the ground was just pistol-whipped by Arthur on the left side of his head, and I am confident that the mark above his ear is the result.

OPw3kLul.png

39ajuODh.png

jsW3yN8h.png

Edited by zachsterosu

TheExecutor10

Good catch man, thumbs up!

Now I know this will sound like a greenrock question^^ ... but what kind of wound is that? What was the source of this pain? :D

Mr. Morgan

Arthur pistol whips the living sh*t out of him, so I'll assume that's the origin of that nasty wound ;) Nice find dude!

Grizzy

Now I know this will sound like a greenrock question^^ ... but what kind of wound is that? What was the source of this pain? :D

He was pistol whipped

zachsterosu
Posted (edited)

He was pistol whipped

One reason I find this significant is that in previous R* games, melee weapons would just make a red blood mark(iirc), whereas this wound seems to have some depth to it.

Edited by zachsterosu

damienrayemusic

He was pistol whipped
One reason I find this significant is that in previous R* games, melee weapons would make a red blood mark, whereas this wound seems to have some depth to it. PISTOL WHIPPING CONFIRMED

Cozzi

He was pistol whipped
One reason I find this significant is that in previous R* games, melee weapons would make a red blood mark, whereas this wound seems to have some depth to it.
PISTOL WHIPPING CONFIRMED

"RDR2 features an extensive combat system which allows you to pistol- and rifle-whip people in 32 different ways as well as gouge eyes out with gun barrels (available for only 2,000 War Bonds at the Rockstar General Store)"

zachsterosu
Posted (edited)

New locomotive type, and railroad company; Southern and Eastern

DRpDblLh.png

UCj2ze4h.png

Edited by zachsterosu

Please someone tell me the guy we saw being hold by his neck was John Marson. Please.

Could anyone take some pics?

Mr. Scratch

Please someone tell me the guy we saw being hold by his neck was John Marson. Please.

Could anyone take some pics?

It's him all right, looks like Blackwater is back too.

unknown.png

ghostly dude

wRg3IfE.jpg

WhiteGalaxy

This might be a long shot and there is no way to know for sure but did anyone else think this man looks like Uncle? To me has the same white beard and nose shape, just ten years younger.

wCDT3Vw.png​

PapasHota
Posted (edited)

RDR2_Screenshot-023-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQN​maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by PapasHota

WhiteGalaxy

IGN says the robbery with Bill Williamson is in Valetine. Looks like it happens around the Barber which is right across from the Law Office. I think the unidentified building next to the Law Office might be the bank.

wtHY8uV.jpg​

Melted_INC

well TODAY I just wanna go down to the river and fish, or hunt bears. so a bow and a knife will do just fine, maybe bring a pistol/revolver just in case. but yeah, light loadout today, maybe heavy artillery TOMORROW, packing both a repeater and a rifle, all the revolvers I can carry etc...

no one has time for that