Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,184 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Far Cry 5 [2018]

I discovered the franchise a good whie after the release of FC3. When I borrowed FC2 from a friend later then I couldn't get into it at all. The whole faction thing seemed interesting and I liked how you had to use the map and compass. Africa was a good setting, though not necessarily a well made one, even for the 360 era. It was one of the launch titles or it came out a short while later right? I guess it's a game I tried playing just too late. It was outdated.

To those who've played it more than me, just what made FC2 so good? Not wanting to go off topic again but it's the best place to ask.

I also hope, for all upcoming Ubi titles, that they'll follow the outstanding example of Watch Dogs 2's open world. Neither the last ghost recon or assassins creed series take full use of the concept of being an open world game. It's just collect this, find a marker there with barely anything interesting in between. When you roam WD2's city, all kinds of stuff can happen and the open map becomes a playground you can spend hours in, without worrying about a collectible. Roaming the world in AC gets so dull that it's pretty much useless.

Thankfully, Far Cry is also a good example of an open world game. There's wildlife, vehicles and other kinds of tools to play around with. If they'd enchance the formula further then there's nothing to worry about to me and I'm sold. Turning it into a more RPG shooter rather than shooter with small RPG elements would be even better and I'd even consider pre ordering.

otachi

I enjoyed far cry 2 despite all of it's problems (they were big problems with this game).

It had the best setting and it was the most immersive Far Cry game. They didn't have to do much to improve upon the formula. But instead of simply fixing what was broken for FC3, they decided to break what worked perfectly fine in FC2.

There was still big problems with it,i mean for an instance the game had no stealth,all the silent ways to kill your enemies are useless,with the annoying enemy posts to the annoying limited ammo,weapons jam,that Malaria thing,repetitive missions......i could still go on.

But i still enjoyed the game.

Good Hombre

According to a leak on Reddit here's the Oscar-winning story: ''In Far Cry 5, the player is out in control of Tashfeen al Rizwan Mohammed, a female transgender Muslim and the first playable female character in the Far Cry series. While visiting her girlfriend, Tashfeen finds herself captive by a racist fundamentalist right wing Christian organization led by Ronald Grump, the games main antagonist.''

Darth Yokel

There was still big problems with it,i mean for an instance the game had no stealth,all the silent ways to kill your enemies are useless,with the annoying enemy posts to the annoying limited ammo,weapons jam,that Malaria thing,repetitive missions......i could still go on.

But i still enjoyed the game.

Broken stealth, weapon deterioration, malaria and loadout slots are the big ones for me. I don't mind repetitive missions when gameplay is tight.

According to a leak on Reddit here's the Oscar-winning story: ''In Far Cry 5, the player is out in control of Tashfeen al Rizwan Mohammed, a female transgender Muslim and the first playable female character in the Far Cry series. While visiting her girlfriend, Tashfeen finds herself captive by a racist fundamentalist right wing Christian organization led by Ronald Grump, the games main antagonist.''

Sounds legit.

Edited by The Yokel

Ai®a©ob®a

One thing that did annoy me about the Far Cry series was the force animal hunts like with Far Cry 3 where we had to find and hunt pigs before we could move on it took me an hour to complete that task i almost quit

Good Hombre

I discovered the franchise a good whie after the release of FC3. When I borrowed FC2 from a friend later then I couldn't get into it at all. The whole faction thing seemed interesting and I liked how you had to use the map and compass. Africa was a good setting, though not necessarily a well made one, even for the 360 era. It was one of the launch titles or it came out a short while later right? I guess it's a game I tried playing just too late. It was outdated.

To those who've played it more than me, just what made FC2 so good? Not wanting to go off topic again but it's the best place to ask.

Africa and the backstory I guess, you get thrown out in a war that there is no good side and you don't know who to trust, another good thing about FC2 is the realism (healing wounds and weapon deterioration).

dante財閥

There are probably people who believe this though

Skeever

I wouldn't call it "so good" myself, but it was still a pretty decent game. I don't want to spoil anything, but given how it's nearly a decade old, f*ck it.

Unlike Far Cry 3 and 4, where you're revered by everyone from the very beginning, you're presented with about a dozen mercenaries of various backgrounds to choose from (Marty ftw), and you're treated like any other idiot with a gun at first, until you build up a reputation for yourself by completing contracts.

You're presented with some pretty difficult choices throughout the story, as well as some interesting plot twists (especially when it comes to the game's antagonist). Granted, the missions could get repetitive, but I never found them as bad as most others make them out to be.

The buddy system is pretty great. Unlike Jason Brody's loser friends in Far Cry 3 or the Golden Path idiots in Far Cry 4, you meet unique mercenaries in FC2 that can offer alternate ways to complete faction contracts, assist you in combat, come to your aid if your health reaches 0 (rather than simply loading a previous save), and can be killed at any point during the story, whether it be mission-related, by enemy gunfire, an accidental forest fire or intentionally by your own hand.

I also preferred the graphics, sounds and physics of FC2 over the later games, if you'd believe that. FC3 is way too bright (FC4 less so, but it's still noticable), whereas the dark, damp, gritty environment of FC2 is just right, where it actually feels like you're in a jungle. Weapon degradation and jamming was a nice touch too (without being too much of a burden), so it was sad to see that absent from 3 and 4. Gunfire also seemed a lot more realistic in 2, as did regular old fire. The below video does a good job showcasing the differences.

Raavi

Feb 27th 2018

Looking pretty f*cking great.

Corndawg93

February, that's too far in the future, awe dang

Edited by Corndawg93

Lubas

That guy with tattoos,

He got *I think* - seven deadly sins. It says greed on his arm, wrath on his left stomach, and others.

Maybe he's the second in command after the guy giving speech in last Church scene

feckyerlife

damn for a ubisoft game... it looks pretty amazing

edit:

sivispacem

Yep, this looks pretty great.

For a second there, I thought I was watching a Grand Theft Auto 6 trailer.

Stormingz

I'm glad we're finally leaving the jungle setting, this game has definitely got my attention, just have to take this all with a pinch of salt, cos y'know, Ubisoft. I'm loving the sound of the villain, and like the new cult enemies. I'm guessing planes and helicopters are confirmed too?

sivispacem

Watching the whole thing again it really reminds me of the narrative of the second half of the first season of Justified- a violent (in that case neo-Nazi) criminal who claims to find God, rallies behind him a similarly minded band of miscreants as a sort of pseudo-religious armed cult and generally clashes with the local community.

Just, y'know, turned up to 11.

feckyerlife

Watching the whole thing again it really reminds me of the narrative of the second half of the first season of Justified- a violent (in that case neo-Nazi) criminal who claims to find God, rallies behind him a similarly minded band of miscreants as a sort of pseudo-religious armed cult and generally clashes with the local community.

Just, y'know, turned up to 11.

we can only hope that one of the character is like Boyd Crowder

Edited by feckyerlife

sivispacem

Walton Goggins was made to voice characters like that, though his Alabama drawl doesn't really match the setting. Maybe as some kind of criminal?

trip

Gotta say that was a great trailer. Extra excited now.

Good Hombre

The main antagonist doesn't seem as tough and threatening as Vaas or Pagan Min.

Edited by Good Hombre

ARC8_1982

Lust, gluttony and sloth Wow ! I love them.

ClaudeSpeed1911

Looks good. Am I the only one who finds the art style similiar to GTA5? the town looks very similiar to Paleto Bay.

Darth Yokel

Feb 27th 2018

Looking pretty f*cking great.

I agree. I didn't think that they had it in them. But this looks like something that I would totally want to play.

Darth Yokel

Walton Goggins was made to voice characters like that, though his Alabama drawl doesn't really match the setting. Maybe as some kind of criminal?

As much as I love this idea, it's not the setting that would be a problem, it's Walton Goggins himself. It would be near impossible to separate his character from Boyd Crowder. An original character with a unique voice actor is a better idea. This is why I like the fact that Rockstar doesn't use high profile actors in their games. It's easier to see those characters as original creations if you don't recognize their voice. And I'd argue that the game is better for it.

Sorry for double posting, but quoting has been a nightmare ever since the forum changed.

Edited by The Yokel

Jvaz615

Im sold

Im sold

Not quite yet. Pretty much every ubisoft game has awesome trailers. I'm not buying until I read some user reviews first. However, since I really enjoyed the last FC games and the footage looks promising, they'd have to really try hard to screw this one up.

Planes and helis make me happy and anxious at the same time due to the disgusting flying mechanics from Wildlands.. yet in FC, driving was fun.

I know a lot of people loved or liked wildlands, though it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Edited by fashion

Piggsy pls

I actually like the the new setting/premise they're taking. Seems fresh for the series since it's usually just been jungles and tropical settings.

Pat

I really want to be hyped for this, but I still can't get past the fact that Ubisoft is making it. I still wouldn't be surprised if it played and felt like yet another reskin of 3. It looks fantastic, and it's exactly the kind of setting and theme I've been hoping to see in a game, but... it's still f*cking Ubisoft.

I just hope they're self-aware enough to realize they have absolutely no chance of competing with RDR2 if this isn't every bit as fresh and interesting as the trailers are making it out to be. If this still feels like Far Cry 3.5, I could foresee it causing the death of Ubisoft Montreal.

Edited by Pat

El Dildo

Yep, this looks pretty great.

ok so curiously and honestly: what exactly looks so great about it?

this trailer didn't really do anything for me.

pretty graphics. but what else is new.

we're just going to be shooting a bunch of rednecks in the backwoods?

I'm not particularly sold...

LiangHuBBB

meh never been a fan of this franchise