2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Far Cry 5 [2018]

Darth Yokel

That actually looks intriguing. I really hope it's not just a reskin of FC3 and FC4 though.

DexMacLeod

Consider me intrigued. I enjoyed 3 and 4 and really liked Primal for awhile but got bored with it pretty early. I tend to wait for sales, though. Never paid full price for a Far Cry. Here's hoping it comes out early enough that it gets a big price drop on Black Friday.

FullMetal

Guys lets remain sceptical.

We all know what the last 3 Far Cry games were. They were purely some 'big' mods for Far Cry 3.

Already people are stating how 'controversial' this game is going to be ("first real game set on American soil and has white people as the villian") f*cking please, no one cares about that. I only care wether or not they will overly moralise it because of SJW bullsh*t reasons. But I'm not going to cry wolf about anything, I want to know how the damn game plays.

Big points they really need to improve:

Deepen the gameplay and interaction with NPC's. Give a real use to money (Seriously even in Far Cry 3 it was only a couple of hours of work to grind some of the unlocks and skills so you have maximum carry capacity, health, regeneration and all that).

Not to mention 'buying' weapons was too damn easy. There was no real incentive to 'save up' or whatnot. Customisation of firearms was lacklustre and the exact same thing for each firearm.

Atleast they nailed the feel of the weapons. I can only hope they improve on that and make them feel that more fun to play/that more realistic to manipulate.

Stop adding small gimmicks and overly advertise them as 'groundbreaking'. A grapple hook is not a big deal, it's a fun basic feature. Being able to use a paraglide is not groundbreaking, it's a fun addition.

More real surival gameplay. Add in sleep deprivation, fatigue, hunger... Or give it as a secondary option to boot the game (classic arcade far cry of you want survival realism?)

Give options to save vehicles and flesh out the use of them. Give less overpowered arsenal to the player (being able to carry 4 big guns is kinda stupid). Let players stow vehicles with big weaponry for when SHTF (lmg's/rocket launchers/...).

Don't make the map too much of an obvious player friendly playground (this is what Far Cry did wrong and also what is wrong with Ghost Recon). Ammunition stockpiles everywhere is kinda stupid. Make it more rare and hidden. Make people scavenge for ammuntion and weapons.

I mean, there's so much more they can do with the basics they provided with Far Cry 3. They do not dare to take risks which makes it a f*cking shame. The game becomes so stale if they don't try anything new. Far Cry 3 already had this problem of becoming rather stale really fast. The other games just have the exact same and faster (it's all too familiar).

DexMacLeod

My biggest concern is that they change things too much. I like that it leans more towards and action adventure than an RPG and would probably be turned off if they went the other way with it.

I'm all for them deepening the gameplay mechanics to a degree but in my opinion there's no need to go overboard with it. Give me the same gameplay with a new story and a new setting and I'd be fine with it.

burnstern

Oh nice, I'd been hoping to actually play "Pride, Not Prejudice"

Mister Pinkerton

I'm interested in what seems to be this cult aspect. Also people out in the woods or rural USA, doing their own thing was always kind of more spooky to me than say zombies or ghosts: you know like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, True Detective or the Manson family and Jim Jones' Jonestown or The People's Temple.

Makes for an interesting setting. But like Full Metal mentions, good to keep skeptical and not get carried away with hype or false expectations.

Don't know why I haven't seen the rest of the teasers..

I would love to see some real spooky aspects, maybe some missing people, strange symbols like in True Detective, shallow graves etc. I hope there's a horrish element to it all and genuine fearful moments and not just running, gunning, mindless violence.

Edited by Mister Pink

MindCorrupt

That actually looks intriguing. I really hope it's not just a reskin of FC3 and FC4 though.

I'd imagine it's going to be on another update of the Dunia engine, so it will probably feel fairly similar. It is still a fairly impressive engine though.

El Dildo

Gotta admit, that looks dope as f*ck!

gotta admit, that looks super dumb :lol:

we really need more information fast because my skepticism has only increased.

right now this crap looks like Duck Dynasty The Game.

trip

Ah come on. It's FarCry. It will be FarCry.

I for one am excited. Moving to Montana is a good way to add freshness to an older IP without breaking any of the formula that is FarCry.

Looking forward to Friday's tid bits.

dante財閥

Is this going to be like a Inglorious Basterds video game version but instead of nazi scalps it's going to be southern hick ones

Because that could be ...wow

dudclub55

Pretty please Ubi make this play and feel unique to FC3, 4, Primal and basically all your other open world games? I'm thinking wishfully but I'm also worried since the last Ubi game is another one of their cookie cutter open worlds.

Travedge

Lol Farcry 5: Deliverance. Make this sh*t hella real to the stereotypes these days. Take my money.

Extended cut

Edited by Travedge

OkieFromMuskogee

Well, it looks like my hypothesis was correct; Far Cry 5 is set in America, a developed country, unlike the poverty-striked third world environments of the first four games.

However, I do have one major issue with the game; It appears to be targeting Christianity... with the Branch Davidan esque-cult in the box art and all. Remember how SJW's have targeted various video games because you get to kill non-whites in it? Well, here, it appears to be the inverse.

Miamivicecity

I never really liked FC4 and Primal looked like it would get boring fast so I skipped it entirely, but this looks cool and refreshing.

AnywhereCityBitch

So this is kinda like Altruist Cult the video game? it looks interesting either way.

ClaudeSpeed1911

Well, it looks like my hypothesis was correct; Far Cry 5 is set in America, a developed country, unlike the poverty-striked third world environments of the first four games.

However, I do have one major issue with the game; It appears to be targeting Christianity... with the Branch Davidan esque-cult in the box art and all. Remember how SJW's have targeted various video games because you get to kill non-whites in it? Well, here, it appears to be the inverse.

Christianity as whole has many different forms, some extremist and some not. If it is christianity (which they could have created a new fictional religion) then it would be another form that is based on the extremists which doesn't represent Christianity.

sivispacem

I think Christian identity nutters are fair game, ethically speaking. It's an interesting reflection of the trajectory of US political that that so many people are bawling their eyes out on social media about a Christian extremist cult being the primary antagonist in a video game, given that such groups are the most prolific violent extremist organisations in America and have been for about four decades.

Sunrise Driver

If it's targeting Christian Taliban cults then why not?

Also i don't believe for a second it's gonna be a reskin. FC4 was released after only 2 years to cash in more from recent FC3 success (like BF4). FC Primal spinoff was done to try smth different without spending to much resources (hence recycled FC4 map).

But this one is a proper new gen FC game which will bring lots of fresh new vibe to franchise. I believe development started after FC3 release.

Edited by Street Mix

HaRdSTyLe_83

Pretty please Ubi make this play and feel unique to FC3, 4, Primal and basically all your other open world games? I'm thinking wishfully but I'm also worried since the last Ubi game is another one of their cookie cutter open worlds.

whats wrong with Ghost Recon Wildlands? i have been playing it and its one of the best games if not the best of 2017

e see alot of cynical people in here calling them recyled maps, the same people that would kiss Rockstar as* if they made a San Andreas map with the GTA5 game

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

dudclub55

whats wrong with Ghost Recon Wildlands? i have been playing it and its one of the best games if not the best of 2017

e see alot of cynical people in here calling them recyled maps, the same people that would kiss Rockstar as* if they made a San Andreas map with the GTA5 game

I haven't played it but all the reviews and footage I've seen point to it being having generic Ubi open world elements.

Mister Pinkerton

Time for music inspired by cults? Would love to here some creepy Boards...' in there

Lyrics: "Come out, and live with a religious community In a beautiful place out in the country"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVWcptE6UAI

Lyrics: "Although not a follower of hseroK divaD, she's a devoted Branch Davidian."

Edited by Mister Pink

feckyerlife

Is this going to be like a Inglorious Basterds video game version but instead of nazi scalps it's going to be southern hick ones

Because that could be ...wow

edit: Travedge beat me to it

Edited by feckyerlife

HaRdSTyLe_83

I haven't played it but all the reviews and footage I've seen point to it being having generic Ubi open world elements.

that said alot about you, good luck skipping all the good things in life just bcuz someone else said so

what other game you have like it so you can say its generic? please do say

Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83

feckyerlife

whoa whoa whoa, America might be developed, but no one said that Montana is.

I wonder if this game will ad elements/characters like the show "Outsiders" , they would more interesting than a Jim Jones situation

Edited by feckyerlife

dudclub55

that said alot about you, good luck skipping all the good things in life just bcuz someone else said so

what other game you have like it so you can say its generic? please do say

damn bro, I just don't like most Ubi games, no need to be so offended.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is a game you'll either like or not. I know I myself regret buying it. The gameplay feels incredibly mediocre. They should have never stepped away from Advanced Warfighter if you ask me. I also don't understand why it's a game praised for it's deep character customization, you choose one of the 4 faces you can't properly customize and all the cool clothes are locked behind a huge microtransaction type paywall. I felt ripped off and burned down after a couple of districts you have to take over. Being stealthy got me bored after a couple of them but now going in guns blazing got me bored too. Now I'm about halfway through with no intend to coming back. Heard the dlc are sh*tty too. The story is quite decent, how you take the cartel piece by piece but Mafia 3 did it much better.

The game is very similar to Metal Gear 5, but again, that game is much better.

Shortly, feel like GR Wildlands wasn't either an interesting experience, neither a memorable one. It has a huge open world, but you just go from marker to marker. It just isn't good in my opinion. Not to mention the absolutely, completely terrible driving and even worse flying.

I honestly can't think of any game with worse driving mechanics.

But I drifted too far away from the topic, forgive me. For FC5, I hope they won't bite off anything from Wildlands. I thought the formula we had in FC3 and 4 was really fun and they can keep it, with improvements of course. A survival mode would be sweet too.

Edited by fashion

feckyerlife

Ghost Recon Wildlands is a game you'll either like or not. I know I myself regret buying it. The gameplay feels incredibly mediocre. They should have never stepped away from Advanced Warfighter if you ask me. I also don't understand why it's a game praised for it's deep character customization, you choose one of the 4 faces you can't properly customize and all the cool clothes are locked behind a huge microtransaction type paywall. I felt ripped off and burned down after a couple of districts you have to take over. Being stealthy got me bored after a couple of them but now going in guns blazing got me bored too. Now I'm about halfway through with no intend to coming back. Heard the dlc are sh*tty too. The story is quite decent, how you take the cartel piece by piece but Mafia 3 did it much better.

The game is very similar to Metal Gear 5, but again, that game is much better.

Shortly, feel like GR Wildlands wasn't either an interesting experience, neither a memorable one. It has a huge open world, but you just go from marker to marker. It just isn't good in my opinion. Not to mention the absolutely, completely terrible driving and even worse flying.

I honestly can't think of any game with worse driving mechanics.

But I drifted too far away from the topic, forgive me. For FC5, I hope they won't bite off anything from Wildlands. I thought the formula we had in FC3 and 4 was really fun and they can keep it, with improvements of course. A survival mode would be sweet too.

I guess different strokes for different folks, i couldn't finshi Metal Gear 5 because i thought it was a sh*tty ass game, but i did beat Wildlands.

otachi

I enjoyed far cry 2 despite all of it's problems (they were big problems with this game).

Darth Yokel

I enjoyed far cry 2 despite all of it's problems (they were big problems with this game).

It had the best setting and it was the most immersive Far Cry game. They didn't have to do much to improve upon the formula. But instead of simply fixing what was broken for FC3, they decided to break what worked perfectly fine in FC2.

darthYENIK

I agree with you. But like a lot of Ubisoft games, it had a lot of greatness, that it didn't fully exploit. It was a great first step into making the franchise something new. But with Ubisoft, it's usually the second step that is the best, and FC3 was that second great step.