Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Far Cry 5 [2018]

luisniko
Posted (edited)

There are always 3 kinds:

Regular: Basically the game only, with preorder bonus
Deluxe: Basically the game and Deluxe exclusive goodies, with preorder bonus
Gold: The game, season pass, probably also with Deluxe exclusive goodies, with preorder bonus

------
I'm kinda on the fence with this. I don't know about FC series usually are and I know co-op doesn't resonate with good single player experience though that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it. Give me unlockables and forever-respawning enemy in the open world and I'm good to go. But co-op focused games usually reflects a kinda-barebone single player side; lack of feature, so to speak. We have map editor and If I didn't misunderstand, the map editor can also create custom mission. With that, no doubt I think the end-game can be said it is secured for now. The existence of PvP and the future support of FC5 being a PvE game and the influx of PvP player wanting every game to be PUBG is what I worry the most because I know Ubi is a sucker for PvP.

------

Probably worth some attention. This seems to be lootbox and it will available since day 1. https://far-cry.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/season-pass-dlc/
fc_dayone-crate_ncsa.png

Edited by luisniko

luisniko
Posted (edited)

The map editor looks tempting and can really serve as a great end game content if the community are actively sharing their creation. Just hopefully not GTAO level editor level of mess like JUMP JUMP JUMPS and sh*t.

-------

And I'm glad there are plain skin for the weapons.

Edited by luisniko

ClaudeSpeed1911

Man if this loot boxes thing is what I think it is then I am out. f*ck that sh*t.

Please Ubisoft, this game is looking great so don't f*ck it up, please.

Posted (edited)

If it's a gear/cosmetic pack just shown as a box because they don't want to reveal it yet, I think that's fine. Note how it's called "chaos pack".

I know there will be some bullsh*t currency to buy cosmetics but those are very easy to ignore in Ubisoft games. As long as players can see exactly what they get, it really isn't a problem.

However, I hope it's not RNG lootboxes. Even if you get free ones. I see no fun in opening those things, even for free. I want to earn my stuff without luck.

Not sure if I'll get this close to release. The gold edition of Ubi games goes on sale rather fast. I'll just wait till I can pay standard price for the whole thing.

Edited by fashion

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Man if this loot boxes thing is what I think it is then I am out. f*ck that sh*t.

Please Ubisoft, this game is looking great so don't f*ck it up, please.

There are different cases so far I know.

Ubisoft's lootbox are pretty much cosmetics and/or reskinned items.

Some games like AC:O and Division can unlock items that's also offered in lootbox by just by playing.

The most stingy case I've seen so far is from Ghost Recon Wildlands who apparently just got their lootbox recently. They offer the same thing; they contain cosmetics and reskinned items. But unlike what I know with AC:O and Division, lootbox in GRW aren't exactly obtainable by playing, UNLESS the developer assigned the lootbox as a reward in their Challenge program, which apparently have been rewarding us new items as well as some paid items, though I must stress again in a very stingy manner.

So yeah.. I guess in this case we can rest our worries a little - at least for now.

However, I hope it's not RNG lootboxes. Even if you get free ones. I see no fun in opening those things, even for free. I want to earn my stuff without luck.

What you're hoping won't happen, friend. Again, as far as I acknowledge, Ubi will let you see the item pool by browsing the direct-buy-in-game shop thingy. So you know what you will be getting. But of course what you'll get is going to be random, because that's what lootboxes are for. You insert a smaller amount of money to get what you don't want to get and you will keep doing it until you get what you want because the amount of money deceive your mind into thinking "it's cheap".

Edited by luisniko

Posted (edited)

AC Origins didn't really have lootboxes, at least not the usual ones.

You had premium gear that you can buy with bullsh*t currency, but you see exactly what you get.

You had ingame heka chests, which you buy with ingame gold. You only get one ingame item per chest. There's a fraction of a chance that you'll get premium gear with it. Gold is easy to come by in the game but you have the option to buy ingame gold with money.

I played the game to the fullest so I didn't feel the need to ever buy gold for heka chests and I don't think that many people in the world did. Heka chests were quite mild and balanced lootboxes. Still not something I'd like to see return but at least I got some of the premium gear for free this way. It's the lesser evil I guess.

I'd hate it if FC5 get full lootboxes where some premium currency is thrown in your face all the time and all gear is earned from them.

Edited by fashion

AiraCobra

Sweet, We have access to "bombers"

giphy.gif

Mr. Scratch

Sweet, We have access to "bombers"

giphy.gif

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Vietnam and zombies were two of the options. Sounds like they took the advice to heart and deliver those settings in the DLCs.

I don't know what other votes were, but I'm sure there must be something better than zombies.

------

So which vehicles can we modify and how deep can we modify it?

Edited by luisniko

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

Yeah, would have been nice to see the poll results and not just the options. Vietnam and Zombies being the top two results seems like a stretch.

luisniko

Game is coming soon. I don't have anything to talk about it. But I just looked at this character.

http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_May_Fairgrave

Scrolled down to biodata, I read:

- Date of birth: 1993

And then I feel old.

MzBX1Rt.png

Corndawg93

I can't wait for next week, if my trusty D2 isn't in the game, heads will roll

AiraCobra

I can't wait for next week, if my trusty D2 isn't in the game, heads will roll

Do you mean D2 The Mighty Ducks? Nah I don't think they'll be in the game but damn good movie though

Seriously though, D2?

Game is coming soon. I don't have anything to talk about it. But I just looked at this character.

http://farcry.wikia.com/wiki/Mary_May_Fairgrave

Scrolled down to biodata, I read:

- Date of birth: 1993

And then I feel old.

MzBX1Rt.png

Nice Sketch, Needs more hair on the chin tho

I know they never said anything but it would be cool if they allowed us to make out own "Character" like in Ghost Recon Wildlands

Corndawg93

A D2 is a sawn off shotgun

luisniko

I know they never said anything but it would be cool if they allowed us to make out own "Character" like in Ghost Recon Wildlands

Custom character is in, sir.

AiraCobra

Custom character is in, sir.

tenor.gif?itemid=3426205

Trophy spoiler, has to do with customization.

For one trophy, you need to purchase clothing for a large sum of money in the campaign.

Trophy list got leaked btw, if you can call it a leak. I don't believe they get leaked by accident anymore. Same thing happened with previous Ubisoft games.

AiraCobra

For one trophy, you need to purchase clothing for a large sum of money in the campaign.

Trophy list got leaked btw, if you can call it a leak. I don't believe they get leaked by accident anymore. Same thing happened with previous Ubisoft games.

Nah Leaks is just a generalized term anymore they do it to Hype Trophy Seekers which tbh isn't that big of a deal

luisniko
Posted (edited)

I think that's because those trophy showoff website will update the database as soon as they are ready. Causing these trophy to 'leak'. I can't consider it leak though.

Ok so, Ubi themselves (somewhere) have reportedly speaking that there will be paid lootbox, but it will work only as paid time-saver because everything will be unlockable by just playing (no accounting on the time/grind required for that).

As for the Chaos Pack I brought up earlier in this page, it seems to be some sort of, ehhh.... 'loot box', but not the 'loot box' recently being widely known of, but rather contains some consumable items in the game, such as explosives, buffs, baits, etc. which you can see in the Deluxe Edition trailer.

Edited by luisniko

NeonDolphin

Kifflom-like robes and wear them for 20 days?

trip

Anyone want to coop with me? Day one and beyond. Xbox.

None of my real life friends are console gamers. Remember...I'm old.

I really only have 7pm up until I fall asleep or drink too many beers as a time slot. Remember...I'm old.

In any event I'm looking forward to next week and release day. I'm in serious need of a big ass AAA game right about now.

Mr. Scratch

I would but I'm stuck on PS4. Way she goes, bud, f*ckin way she goes.

Modojo

Had the pleasure to try out their arcade mode for FC5. Pretty good experience. I'll probably buy this on PS4.

luisniko

I'm really counting on the Arcade Mode. Really hope some creative people can make some serious mission packs.

luisniko

Okay, so like I said, the information gotten so far is that basically the game will be generous and lets you unlock and then we have paid option to unlock them in an instant. Of course, since the game hasn't been released yet, we don't know how 'generous' the unlocks are. It could be actually generous or GTA Online-level of grind.

Either way, the core idea of the microtransaction of FC5 itself right now is that it is officially claimed that it won't bother your gameplay as you can practically unlock everything as rewards from your exploration in the game. So that's what we know so far and with that, that wouldn't matter, right?

Then YouTube suggested me a video of yet-another video game blabber talking about FC5 microtransaction (I don't want to link the video), showing the article which is like what I said above and criticize it. And people over the comment section was like acting as if they are forced to unlock items by paying just because it exists (and then said "I won't buy the game yadayada, thx [Youtuber]"). Do they also feel the need to stick a fork into a wall socket just because there are holes, by any chance?

Again, here I must say that I will also be against FC5's microtransaction as much as I am towards GTAO's when the unlocking turns out to be extremely grindy. But that's the future to unfold and right now we have no single clue about it. Those people too; they are 100% clueless about it and yet still just swallow YouTuber's crap and jumped the gun on the whole thing, resentful towards the game, and instantly refuse to buy based on that.

I have no faith in gamers anymore.

darthYENIK

Anyone want to coop with me? Day one and beyond. Xbox.

None of my real life friends are console gamers. Remember...I'm old.

I really only have 7pm up until I fall asleep or drink too many beers as a time slot. Remember...I'm old.

In any event I'm looking forward to next week and release day. I'm in serious need of a big ass AAA game right about now.

If you see me online, Im down. I got most of next week off, and plan on locking myself in my bedroom and playing FC5.

trip

If you see me online, Im down. I got most of next week off, and plan on locking myself in my bedroom and playing FC5.

Cool.

I Wish I could take the week off. Lucky you. Heck, I can't even take Tuesday off. We do have Friday off though. That helps.

Not to say I have high expectations for this game... but I do. Not like i'm looking for a new game or a new gimmick but I am looking for a solid AAA title that has learned through its previous installments and produces a fun to play beautiful looking experience.

justinlynch3

Okay, so like I said, the information gotten so far is that basically the game will be generous and lets you unlock and then we have paid option to unlock them in an instant. Of course, since the game hasn't been released yet, we don't know how 'generous' the unlocks are. It could be actually generous or GTA Online-level of grind.

Either way, the core idea of the microtransaction of FC5 itself right now is that it is officially claimed that it won't bother your gameplay as you can practically unlock everything as rewards from your exploration in the game. So that's what we know so far and with that, that wouldn't matter, right?

Then YouTube suggested me a video of yet-another video game blabber talking about FC5 microtransaction (I don't want to link the video), showing the article which is like what I said above and criticize it. And people over the comment section was like acting as if they are forced to unlock items by paying just because it exists (and then said "I won't buy the game yadayada, thx [Youtuber]"). Do they also feel the need to stick a fork into a wall socket just because there are holes, by any chance?

Again, here I must say that I will also be against FC5's microtransaction as much as I am towards GTAO's when the unlocking turns out to be extremely grindy. But that's the future to unfold and right now we have no single clue about it. Those people too; they are 100% clueless about it and yet still just swallow YouTuber's crap and jumped the gun on the whole thing, resentful towards the game, and instantly refuse to buy based on that.

I have no faith in gamers anymore.

Well on one hand if the mindset of gamers start to be "microtransactions, alright no buy" then that's kinda a good thing, if people refuse to buy games because of the mere existence of mt's in any shape or form, then that's gonna kill this mt trend pretty fast.

But honestly it's youtube. The comments are full of idiots and underage children. It's not the best place to look for the general outlook of gamers.

darthYENIK

Cool.

I Wish I could take the week off. Lucky you. Heck, I can't even take Tuesday off. We do have Friday off though. That helps.

Not to say I have high expectations for this game... but I do. Not like i'm looking for a new game or a new gimmick but I am looking for a solid AAA title that has learned through its previous installments and produces a fun to play beautiful looking experience.

Let me be clear, my time off is not a vacation, and I wish I didnt have such a schedule next week. But I wont go into that here.