Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,082 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

AiraCobra

Far Cry 5 [2018]

AiraCobra

FARCRY5-DTP-BANNER.jpg

Pre-Order Bonus W/ ALL Editions Including Standard

m1.jpg

Release Date

March 27th 2018

Available For Purchase For Following Consoles

• Playstation 4
  • XBox One
  • PC

PC Spec Recomedations

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION:

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 or AMD R9 270 (2GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 720p
  • Video Preset: Low

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION (60 FPS):

• OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
  • PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.2 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 or AMD R9 290X (4GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 8GB
  • Resolution: 1080p
  • Video Preset: High

4K 30 FPS CONFIGURATION:

• PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.4 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.6 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD RX Vega 56 (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
  • Resolution: 2160p
  • Video Preset: High

4K 60 FPS CONFIGURATION:

• PROCESSOR: Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.0 GHz or AMD Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.4 GHz or equivalent
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 SLI or AMD RX Vega 56 CFX (8GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
  • SYSTEM RAM: 16GB
  • Resolution: 2160p
  • Video Preset: High/Ultra

*Supported NVIDIA cards at time of release*

• GeForce GTX600 series: GeForce GTX670 or better
  • GeForce GTX700 series: GeForce GTX760 or better
  • GeForce GTX900 series: GeForce GTX950 or better
  • GeForce GTX10-Series: GeForce GTX1050 or better

**Supported AMD cards at time of release**

• Radeon 200 series: Radeon R9 270 or better
  • Radeon 300/Fury X series: Radeon R7 370 or better
  • Radeon 400 series: Radeon RX 460 or better
  • Radeon Vega series: any Radeon Vega series

e8566803f5c1c8c0708bbebef1d440b1.jpg

7tng7fJ.gif

giphy.gif

Prices

(All prices were retrieved from Amazon.com/Amazon.uk Prices may vary from state to state because of Sales Tax and will vary from country to country but I will try my best to keep the most accurate pricing posted included prices is USD, CAD, GBP, EUR & AUS)

If there is a currency that isn't listed and you would like listed please let me know and I will add it.

Standard Edition

USD $59.99 / GBP £42.95 / EUR €48.79 / CAD $75.76 / AUD 76.47

Deluxe Edition

USD $69.99 / GBP £50.10 / EUR €56.93 / CAD $88.39 / AUD 89.22

Gold Edition

USD $89.99 / GBP £64.42 / EUR €73.20 / CAD $113.65 / AUD 114.72

Steelbook Gold Edition

USD $99.99 / GBP £71.58 / EUR €81.33 / CAD $126.27 / AUD 127.46

Everyone who pre-orders the game will get access to the Doomsday Prepper Pack and an Additional Chaos Pack, which contains everything you need to start your adventure in Far Cry 5.

Doomsday Prepper Pack & Chaos Pack Includes:

Doomsday Prepper Pack Chaos Pack

Doomsday Prepper Outfit 4x Molotov Cocktails

Doomsday Van 4x Animal Bait

Doomsday 1911 Handgun 4x Fast Buffs 4x Furious Buffs

Gold Edition v Deluxe Edition

(The following information provide is based on the Digital Version of the game not the physical copies although they are both exactly the same)

Deluxe Edition $69

m2.jpg

• Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • Far Cry 5 Base Game
  • Magnum Handgun with Unique Skin
  • AR-C Assault Rifle with Unique Skin
  • Ace Pilot Pack - Includes Gun Skin, Helicopter, and Ariel Force Outfit
  • Big Game Hunter Pack - Includes Bow, Quad, and Big Game Hunter Outfit

NOTE: NO SEASON PASS IS INCLUDED WITH THE DELUXE EDITION!

Gold Edition $89

m2.jpg

• Far Cry 5 Gold Edition Includes:
  • Far Cry 5 Base Game
  • Far Cry 5 Season Pass

Steelbook Gold Edition $99

• Far Cry 5 Steelbook Gold Edition Includes:
  • Far Cry 5 Base Game
  • Far Cry 5 Season Pass
  • Collectible Steelbook

(This concludes our informational part, I will keep this part up to date per changes put out by the publisher, If I am missing anything or have incorrect information please feel free to send me a PM and inform me and provide me with the correct details and I will promptly fix the error)

Five Ways Far Cry 5 Differentiates Itself From Its Predecessors - by Matt Bertz

farcry5sniper-61217-610.jpg

Though settings change, new villains challenge your mortality, and Ubisoft continues to introduce new innovations, over the past several entries Ubisoft Montreal has settled into a predictable (and fun) rhthym with the main Far Cry entries. You climb a radio tower to reveal locations, take down a series of enemy outposts, and hunt animals to gather raw materials for crafting in between story missions. With Far Cry 5, the developers hope to shake up the foundation of this game loop by making some fundamental changes. Here are five alterations we noticed during our hands-on sessions with the game at E3.

No More Fictional Locations (Kind Of)

Outside of the mutant-filled first entry, the Far Cry series has generally clung closely to realism, yet never taken the plunge with a real setting. Far Cry 2 introduced a fictional failed African state, Far Cry 3's Southeast Asian Rook Islands aren't real, and Far Cry 4 introduced the Napalese fascimile Kryat. With the fifth entry, Ubisoft decided it was time to abandon that approach and embrace the real U.S. state of Montana. Ubisoft is still taking liberties by creating its own region of the state (called Hope County), but writer Drew Holmes says "I think if you say you're going to go to America and then you make up your own state, it sort of pulls back on that believability."

You Can Play The Entire Campaign Cooperatively

You could team up with a buddy online in Far Cry 4, but your only option for wreaking havoc on Kryat was to sample the side activites like capturing enemy bases. This time around the full game is compatible with cooperative play, meaning you can tackle the entire campaign with a friend. Whether you are playing with a friend or not, you can call in one of your resistance recruits to help as a gun for fire (or bring along your trusty dog, who can retreive guns for you). We asked if cooperative players are tethered, making them stay within a certain distance between one another, but Ubisoft said this ties into something they plan to discuss at a later date.

Say Goodbye To Radio Towers

Previous Far Cry games fell into the familar rhythm of having to climb a radio tower to reveal locations in the open world. Not Far Cry 5. Writer Drew Holmes (BioShock Infinite, Saints Row: The Third) says that the way you find stuff in the world this time around is the way you would do it in real life (excluding Google since the entire region is under a data blanket thanks to downed cell phone towers). If you want to find new places to hunt or enemy encampments, you'll have to chat with locals or explore the region yourself.

Weapon Ballistics Change Up The Shooting

When I climbed up to the top of a building, trained my sniper rifle's sights on an enemy in the distance, and pulled the trigger, it didn't have the intended result I expected having played every previous Far Cry title. The shot fell far short of the intended target because this time around Ubisoft Montreal is introducing weapon ballistics like bullet drop. I retrained my sights above the enemy's head, and after a few more adjustments finally landed the killing shot. This new wrinkle in combat should make it a little harder to sit on a ridge from a distance and rip through an entire encampment.

Planes Join The Vehicle Roster

Far Cry has toyed with flight in the past, introducing the mini-copter buzzer and wingsuit in Far Cry 4. The next entry fully embraces flight with the introduction of planes. We got to hop into the cockpit of one of these planes when helping gun for hire character Nick Rye, and found the controls to be bizarre. Only your left analog stick steers the plane, which feels very unnatural. I constantly tried to use the right analog stick to reorient the plane but instead found my character staring at the floor or side of the cockpit. I may eventually get the hang of the unconventional controls but hope that Ubisoft considers offering alternative schemes.

47ed994f26b339a51dbbe85ff418204b.jpg

One Hour of Gameplay Footage

​Fly Fishing, Hunting & Other Activities In Game

Weapons List

(Speculative Not all 100% Confirmed)

• Pistols
    • M1911
    • SIG-Sauer P226R
    • Smith & Wesson Model 629
    • Smith & Wesson SW1911
  • Submachine Guns
    • CZ Skorpion Vz.61
    • Heckler & Koch MP5A3
    • Heckler & Koch MP5K
    • Ingram MAC-10
    • MP40
    • TDI KRISS Vector
  • Assault Rifles
    • "AR-C"
    • AR-CL
    • Zastava M70B1
  • Shotguns
    • Baikal MP-133
    • Double Barrel Shotgun
    • Sawed-Off Double Barrel Shotgun
    • Franchi SPAS-12
  • Sniper Rifles
    • MBP .50
    • CZ550
    • Desert Tactical HTI
    • Gepard GM6 Lynx
    • Marlin Model 1895
  • Machine Guns
    • M249 SAW
    • M60E4
  • Launchers
    • Airtronic RPG-7
    • Carl Gustav M3E1
    • LPO-50 Flamethrower
    • M79 Grenade Launcher
  • Explosives
    • M26 Hand Grenade
    • Dynamite
  • Mounted Weapons
    • Browning M2HB
    • Browning M2 Aircraft
    • Mounted M60E4
  • Other
    • Compound Bow
    • Baseball Bat
    • Rock
    • Cover Weapons

Vehicles

461d76bd40749c06e4ba5ac83ae9e34c.jpg

GAME FEATURES

RESISTANCE METER - GAME LEVELING

resistance-meter_web.jpg

The world reacts in real ways to your choices. As you disrupt the activities of Eden’s Gate, the Resistance Meter goes up. It tracks your actions and provides feedback on the effect your actions have on the world.

Each cult Herald has a unique Resistance Meter tied to their region. The more you mess with the cult, the game world will hit back and become more chaotic and challenging. This challenge reaches its peak when the Resistance Meter hits its highest level, and the player must confront the Herald in an epic showdown. READ MORE

GUNS FOR HIRE

fc_mary-nick_ncsa_web_315342.jpg

Not only do you have unique skills to bring to the table, so do your Guns For Hire. You can meet and recruit them in the open world, although they may need some help sorting out their own problems before lending you a hand. If you like to travel in numbers, you can recruit up to two for hire at a time, which should help increase your chances of survival.

READ MORE

FRIEND FOR HIREfc_game-features-bottom-cta_ncsa_web_307Ally

With a Friend for Hire to take down the cult in a two-player co-op experience that extends across all missions. READ MORE

FANGS FOR HIREfc_gameinfo-feature-fangsforhire_ncsa.jp

It's not only the human residents of Hope County who are prepared to fight back. As a part of the Guns for Hire system, Fangs for Hire are animal companions for the player. Each is unique, and can enhance whatever playstyle you choose. READ MORE

NON-LINEAR CAMPAIGN

Set within beautiful rural Montana and built on an open world format, Hope County truly is the land of the free. From the simple pleasures of Holland Valley to the healing wonders of the Henbane River to the raw power of the Whitetail Mountains, you’ll find endless adventure the deeper you explore.

The fate of Hope County is in your hands. Take on the cult solo or team up with a fellow resister in co-op mode and wreak havoc upon Joseph Seed and his band of cult followers. In the biggest Far Cry release ever, you'll have everything at your disposal—from hired guns to hired fangs and the baddest arsenal this side of the Mississippi.

INTEL SYSTEM

Intel is learned by exploring the open world, increasing your knowledge of the game and objectives. The Intel you receive always has a clear objective tied to it.

Intel is information about the world. Intel can be related to: characters, quest givers, outposts, treasure hunts, or content in the world such as locations, hunting & fishing spots, destructible structures, and collectibles. Once obtained, your world map is updated with this Intel.

2b44c5e0fc231b14cb715d3c8cab454f.png

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

trip

Yay!

I saw a rumor article saying Montana like 2 weeks ago.

Should be interesting.

Oddly enough I've been enjoying FC3 through this past week and weekend. FC3=my favorite.

Darth Yokel

I'm tired of Ubisoft games, but if it's an open world western FPS I just might have to get it. I wanted it for so long. I only hope that Ubisoft learned a few lessons from previous installments because they were dull as f*ckin' dishwater. So many gameplay mechanics and simple gameplay elements that should have been available from the start were locked away behind an arbitrary upgrade system that existed only because somebody thought that every game needs such a system. It was poorly implemented. I hope they do away with all of that crap. There should be no stealth either. How many games that try to cater to every play style will the industry to go through before they realize that it doesn't work and that trying to cater to every possible play style results in mediocrity? I hope they just focus on making a visceral shooter set in a beautiful setting. That's all it takes, really. Simplicity is better than shallow appearance of complexity. At the end of the day it's only a shooter and that should be enough. Blood Dragon was small and simpler than Far Cry 3 and it was a much better game for it.

Edited by The Yokel

Turan

This looks already much better than anything I've seen of Far Cry Primal. They have my attention.

ClaudeSpeed1911

Looks like its a modern western, if the tone of the trailer is the tone of the game then sold if the gameplay improves on the formula without reskining it. A no country for old men with a cult style story is very interesting.

ARTHUR.

I'm not so sure it's a traditional wild west game at all. It looks a lot more dystopian horror game to me from what I've seen; uber conservative backroad rural America where the sleepy county is not all as it seems. The law using their power for no good, and abusing their traditional values. Something in the vein of Get Out, 2017.

dot.Error

Looks like the leak about religious cults was true.

Edited by dot.Error

darthYENIK

This looks already much better than anything I've seen of Far Cry Primal. They have my attention.

Primal was a king sized FC4 add-on. Like Blood Dragons but extra long.

Not sure what to think of FC5 until we hear actual gameplay details.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

snip

Worldwide reveal is on Friday, May 26th.

Thoughts, hopes, dreams? Personally I always enjoy a Far Cry game. It's such a smooth and coherent RPG experience. Not too casual to put me off, and not too complicated either. Not sure about the supposed "Montana" setting. I kind of wanted a more urban setting for once.

How the hell would that work? The whole point of Far Cry games is that you're alone in a wilderness setting and that you're far away from the hustle and bustle of large urban cities.

This has me interested. A lot more than Far Cry Primal, which I never ended up getting. The part where the guy is bashing the other guy's head on the large church bell while "Amazing Grace" plays background was really cool. Let's hope the entire game is filled with cool scenes like that.

Also, this is the full trailer. OP only posted the first out of 4 clips. This trailer has all 4 clips together.

Edited by Mister Pink

Fireman

It's become a yearly franchise; a.k.a. we'll get no more good games.

Assuming you liked the ones that are considered good I mean.

Primal was the prime example of literally recycled trash.

Edited by Fireman

Mister Pink

This.

We haven't seen anything yet. I wouldn't get too hyped too quickly. We know it's Ubisoft and they're good at making interesting looking games, sucking people in and not really delivering exceptionally good games.

So far, I'm liking that it's in Montana (going to be a

, as Trip pointed out :p) Other than that, we know jack sh*t. Edited by Mister Pink

El Dildo

So far, I'm liking that it's in Montana

so far, I'm not :/

I'm used to Far Cry being so exotic and distinct that this announcement is kind of disappointing. Montana doesn't sound exciting at all. especially if the setting is modern-day and not some other time in history.

but to be fair it's way too early to make a judgement call.

we need ingame footage. we need gameplay details.

Edited by El Diablo

Fluffy Sock

Can't wait to hunt those huge wolves, grizzlies and the like. Don't care much about the story, the protag will probably be as dull as the previous ones.

Edited by Perez84

Travedge

Huh only played farcry 1 & 2. I like some of what I just seen here. I just dunno. I have so many games I need to finish as is but....

GTA-Bobski

Well, at least this teaser made me lol.

Pat

so far, I'm not :/

I'm used to Far Cry being so exotic and distinct that this announcement is kind of disappointing. Montana doesn't sound exciting at all. especially if the setting is modern-day and not some other time in history.

To be honest, that's precisely why I'm interested. I enjoyed Far Cry 3, but I dropped Far Cry 4 only a couple hours in because it just felt so extremely similar to 3. Everything felt very "been there, done that" and made the game feel like a chore to play. If 5 had been another mid-20s-protagonist-in-a-foreign-war-torn-country setting, I would have completely ignored it altogether. I was already hoping for a Western theme for 5, but I think making it a modern Western is even better. Modern Westerns have been pretty popular in films recently, with examples like No Country for Old Men and Hell or High Water, but I can't really think of any games that have tried exploring that theme. I think it's pretty obvious that they're hoping to compete with RDR2 with this, and I think taking the modern approach was definitely the right way to differentiate themselves. They're still probably going to lose, but if they just tried straight up classic Western vs. classic Western head to head, they would get destroyed.

All that being said, though, it's still Ubisoft. I love the idea of a modern Western game, especially a modern Western open world FPS, but the fact that Ubisoft is behind it already has me bracing for disappointment.

Edited by Pat

Actlikeyouknow

I actually just picked up FC3 a couple days ago because it was on sale, and then this comes out.

Goddammit ubisoft stop toying with my emotions.

Also, was I the only one who enjoyed FC4? I know it can be dull at points and the game has the infamous ubisoft "Checklist" syndrome, but I have so many moments I remember from the game that made it so fun to play. Anyone remember the "Key to the North" mission? That was my favorite. Ram-raiding a military checkpoint in a burning fuel truck whilst this blared out of the radio was pure gold.

Edited by Actlikeyouknow

I actually thought FC4 was the better game. Mainly because it was my very first PS4 game and the graphics blew my mind.

My biggest problem with the two games is the second half of the game, where you think that an awesome second part of the map awaits you but IMO it offers nothing interesting. It's just there to give you a bigger challenge while the story goes downhill. It feels like a filler just to make the game longer. The story of FC3 could have ended with

the death of vaas

but instead it just flips around and gets lame.

Turan

Primal was a king sized FC4 add-on. Like Blood Dragons but extra long.

Well, it is set in a modern setting meaning that it will have a good amount of variety in guns. That is what I really miss in Primal and why I don't like it. They would have to screw up really badly for me not to enjoy a Far Cry in a modern setting.

sivispacem

To be honest I'm really excited by this. I've been a huge fan of the recent neo-Western/hicksploitation/southern noir revival including stuff like No Country for Old Men, Justified etc. It's potentially a really interesting setting, especially if they can pull off the whole survivalist/militia/Christian Identity cult thing effectively and maturely as a backdrop. Not something I'm really aware of being explored by game media as the focal point if a plot (though it's referenced in V extensively) but has been done consistently well in film and TV.

Plenty of scope for local hillbilly gangs, cooking methamphetamine in run-down trailer parkers and hunting humans in the woods.

Actlikeyouknow

I'm going to predict the plot right now, since it seems kinda obivous from the teasers and such.

You are going to play as a normal guy who is on a road trip or something. He traveling with his wife/girlfriend/kid/relative and their car breaks down in hope county. They recieve help from the locals, who seem nice enough, until the player discovers they are slavers/cultists/generally insane people. They capture the protag's person of interest, and they must fight back against said cult. You will recieve help from a small faction of people in the town who are not/slightly less insane, and you help them take the town back.

Anything you guys would like to add?

Also this looks to be set in modern day, as seen by the propane tank and powerlines seen outside the church in the church teaser.

Edited by Actlikeyouknow

Dealux

I don't get excited over CG trailers, let alone live actions ones. Game could be good or it could be sh*t. I at least require to see some of it.

Corndawg93

If there's weird sh*t going on in Montana, then why the FBI go in and kick there asses

Darth Yokel

Since this doesn't appear to be set in the old west, I hope there are some power tools and farming equipment that we can use. A nail gun and a pitchfork would be fun weapons.

OnceAgainYoungFitzpatrick

FC5_KEYART_1495563526.jpg

Gotta admit, that looks dope as f*ck!

HaRdSTyLe_83

It's become a yearly franchise; a.k.a. we'll get no more good games.

Assuming you liked the ones that are considered good I mean.

Primal was the prime example of literally recycled trash.

like they say

"one man's trash... another man's treasure"

i played all except FC4, and i liked them all, even primal, but no doubt the second one in africa was the best for me.

unlike you ill wait until the 26th to see more news before calling it a recycled trash just bcuz they now release a game per year

Sunrise Driver

4-4-2-3 years in between.

Not exactly an "annual thrash"

Heck, AC was annual but still brilliant.

Art tells us to expect more craziness than Vaas.

Edited by Street Mix

ClaudeSpeed1911

Welp, looks like its sold. I am itching for FC3 gameplay anyway and if this is more than that then great, if not then I am fine with it.

Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911

Turan

Oh nice, there are airplanes in the game. I loved the mini-helicopter in Far Cry 4 so I hope they will add that too.