1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

You know you've played too much GTA when IRL...

• 2 weeks later...

You know you've been playing GTA's too much when you don't understand why people mention that Oregon thing when talking about Portland.

When you see an armored truck and immediately try to steal it and bring it to a hangar in the port.

When you spent 600$ in a strip club thinking it would make you its owner and earn 4000$ dollars per day.

When you destroy your car in your garage and close the door thinking the vehicle will be immediately repaired when you open the door again.

When you don't buy cherry ice-creams anymore because you think they contain drug.

When you see a train stop and try to eject the driver so you take control, make the deliveries and earn 10 000$.

When you don't understand why all these fools around you always say Staten island instead of Staunton island.

When someone in front of you can't climb a ladder and you find it perfectly normal.

When you had an accident and ask someone where the nearest pay and spray is.

When you think Audrey Hepburn has this family name because she was born in Hepburn heights.

Edited by Evil empire
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

When you start running fast as f*ck like Tommy Vercetti....

And when you see a Lamborghini and you call it a Cheetah from VC.

• Like 2

When you are going into a street that you are not familiar with and thinking of checking the map in order to find which gang is controlling street.

(After playing countless hours of SA :) )

Edited by Sleepwalking
  • Like 2
  • 3 years later...

When you hear songs from GTA games played in a Fox Sports match. Happened recently a few days ago when I heard It Takes Two and Poison from San Andreas and later Run to the Hills from TLAD.

Edited by Panzermann11
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, Panzermann11 said:

When you hear songs from GTA games played in a Fox Sports match. Happened recently a few days ago when I heard It Takes Two and Poison from San Andreas and later Run to the Hills from TLAD.

That happens a LOT to me. 

You know you play gta too much when irl you shoot someone lol

• KEKW 3
2 hours ago, eyeballs said:

Heh, you're from Chicago?

• KEKW 3
BrainDeadRaven

When your at a stop light, looking at a car, thinking, "Damn, that car rendered nice, wonder if its a shader mod..." Then have to fight the instinct of driving in front of them so you can get out, rip them out of the car, and drive it to your garage so you can keep it.

• Like 1
dantedenirodeniro
11 hours ago, eyeballs said:

hahaha right???? happens to me every thursday lol 

• Like 1
  • KEKW 1
Panzermann11

When you're on a car chase with cops after you and you decide to go to a nearby car spray shop...

"Hey, the cops are on my ass and I don't want them to know it's me, could you gimme a hand?"

"Uhh, cops? What are you talking about?"

Edited by Panzermann11

When you're scoping out nearby traffic and parking lots for good cars to steal next.

• Like 1

You know you've been playing GTA's too much when you immediately stop hanging out with a girl because you learned her name is Catalina.

When you want to bet on horses and ask people where the nearest Inside track is.

When you find the taxi drives too slowly and ask him to activate the nitrous.

When you see intense reflections on a car and immediately ask yourself which ENB the player is using.

When you think Harry Callahan has this name because he grew up near the eponymous bridge between Portland and Staunton.

When you wonder what's the goddamn mod that suddenly forces you to pay to use the public transportations.

When you stopped buying dog mash because you think it was made with the remains of Marty Chonks' victims.

When you gained the absolute certainty you're in the HD period on the day you learned people can swim even if they are not Black.

EDIT:  When you see a cop run after someone, you punch the runaway and immediately ask the cop your 50$ good citizen bonus.

When you think the .zip files were created by a former employee of the eponymous clothing company.

When you make a pilgrimage in Saint-Ganton, France so he blesses Grove street.

When you think Ganton, Los Santos was founded by immigrants from the eponymous village in northern England.

When you make a petition so all the Pulaski locations get definitely renamed.

When you make another petition so the Great Smoky mountains never get renamed into Big Smoky mountains.

When you offer someone to visit Liberty City, the person asks if you want to visit the Florida or the Texas one and you immediately think Tommy Vercetti and Avery Carrington are fighting each other to control this place.

When you decide to visit both Liberty Cities and can't stop wondering which is the 3D and which is the HD one.

Edited by Evil empire
  • Like 2
  • KEKW 1
Panzermann11

You roam around the street thinking you'll find weapons and armored vests scattered across the street.

Edited by Panzermann11
billiejoearmstrong8
23 hours ago, Carbonox said:

When you're scoping out nearby traffic and parking lots for good cars to steal next.

This happens to me badly after doing the VC/SA side missions where you have to find certain cars to sell. 

Not GTA but....regarding playing L.A. Noire, when you notice the names/apartment numbers outside buildings and feeling a strange urge to approach them while expecting to hear a chime sound. 

When You actually wait for Fernando to sing the last lines of (I Just) Died In Your Arms. Happens to me every time I hear this song in real life.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

You know you’ve played too much GTA IRL when you refer to Donald Trump as Donald Love.

When you think Ned Burner and Ted Turner are the same person.

When you have two houses and refer to them as your safe houses.

When you call the place you wanna go a waypoint.

Edited by ThatBenGuy
  • Like 3
20 minutes ago, ThatBenGuy said:

You know you’ve played too much GTA IRL when you refer to Donald Trump as Donald Love.

Love is a much nicer guy compared to Trump, though...

Anyway, you know you've played too much GTA when:

1. Bricks look like a logical weapon.

2. Catching fish by throwing explosives into the sea like Ray's partner does in III seems like a neat idea.

3. You don't take a shower for months while fearing that the water is lethal to you.

• Like 3
dantedenirodeniro

people on this thread are schizophrenic 

Edited by dantedenirodeniro
  • YEE 1
  • KEKW 2

You know you've played too much GTA when:

1. You see birds flying in the air and go "Ah, yes, nice 2D particle effects..."

2. You pull a prank and hightail it from the scene as fast as Tommy from VC.

3. You start making mods that fix the game's issues.

4. You forget that there are more types of animals than just non-solid 2D pigeons and non-solid 3D fishes.

5. You think you can eat a whole meal while standing as if you were CJ from SA.

6. You take inspiration from SA and try to ride a reel lawnmower, ending up with terrible results.

7. You totally forget that you need fuel to travel in a vehicle.

8. You see an old scooter in traffic, accidentally yell "Hmm, nice bike!" and end up with a good amount of the public looking at you with very huge WTF expressions on their faces.

Edited by Staunton Assassin
  • Like 3
Panzermann11

You heard songs featured in GTA games a lot when you hear them IRL, you hear DJ commentaries in your head. Then eventually you shout them out loud.

I ocassionally shouted "FLASH FM!" after the first 19 seconds of Japanese Boy then near the end of the song I repeated Toni's complaints about "old people who try to be trendy". Seriously.

Edited by Panzermann11

Not with GTA, but with another game. Still in topic though.

I was once talking to someone IRL while playing Team Fortress 2. I was going to thank them for something, but instead of actually saying thank you, I instead pressed Z and 2 in the game. (Z and 2 are the default keys to play the "Thank you!" voiceline in the game.)

I think I once tried to open a refrigerator or something by pressing my keyboard. But I'm not sure if that was because of GTA.

• Like 2
  • KEKW 1

•Back in 2016 I was very addicted to GTA SA ( finally being able to play the game and not those bootlegs sh*t they sell in Egypt)  and I mean very addicted to the game I had no life and I finished the game everyday so Everytime I used to leave the house I start having thoughts like that

_what if I jumped of a building 

I will just pause the game and ... Oh f*ck this is real life 

_where's CJ ?

Oh no 

Can't be

_when someone talks a lot I used to be like "why can't I skip this cutscene"

• I replayed VCS sometime ago and wanted to complete it 100% again 

So I had this day where I collected all the balloons . After popping all the balloons and closing the game and going out I I saw balloons everywhere and got a hold of myself to pop them and everytime I see a hidden area I say there must be a balloon in here.

• YEE 1
Mohamed_vercetti

listening to the in game radio music over and over again like for me radio mirror park,emotion 98.3,fever 05 and the journey 

Edited by Mohamed_vercetti

You know you’ve played too much GTA IRL when you ask someone what their name is, they answer “Claude”, and you say “How can you even talk?”

• KEKW 1