Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,249 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
darkluminous

Do you think Rockstar will sweep modded money AND purchases before the

Question

darkluminous

After hearing about a leaker in 4chan who posted some information regarding gunrunning dlc, some new questions have been raised.

Now, the part that really caught my eye is that before the update, modded money and purchases will be supposedly be removed. That's right, I said purchases too. They've never done this before so I am wondering really if you guys actually think that this will actually happen?

I've got quite a bit of modded money myself along with the majority of my items I own in game have all been purchased with modded money over the years. Will those get removed too?

Thoughts/Opinions?

Edited by darkluminous

29 answers to this question

StangOne50

Why dont you ask MrBoss if he knows so much?

irish.chr

No. At most they will remove modded money only. They've never removed anything you've bought. I don't think they're even able to detect it accurately enough to try. There would definitely be thousands of legit players content removed if they did that.

darkluminous

Why dont you ask MrBoss if he knows so much?

He really doesn't, he essentially just steals his information from here and other places and reports on it. I am by no means a supporter for him but often I resort to GTA YouTubers as a source of news and concepts to further speculate on when I have nothing else to resort to.

Edited by darkluminous

spukin

They will delete whole characters i know what im saying jesus told me

KWF1981

@ Darkluminous... Oh dear... mrbossftw... Really?... Oh dear...

@ All...

I'd piss myself though if the recent heist event was put up to flag those rinsing the glitch... The fallout from that would be mega...

No, I don't think they will, don't start, just, it would be funny to see...

darkluminous

Will modded money be removed too though? Like, all of it, even from paid mods? Or do you guys just think that they will sweep banked money?

livejoker

So, after watching another MrBoss video (don't hate me for it)

Too late. Opening with that sentence has made you eligible for being placed on the "Most Hated Type of Person" list, right alongside other Youtubers, Bitch & Moan linkers, 12 year old trolls, 12 year old squeakers, 12 year olds in general and those who can't fly the Titan.

I doubt they'll jeopardize their player base by removing content to which they're unsure was bought with legit or fake money. The recipe for a great DLC for Rockstar is to simply make sh*t so expensive even fake money takes a hit. Continue that for a few more times and you're bound to make a dent in that bank account (at the expense of ruining the legit players who farm heists like there's no tomorrow). You're right for being nervous and taking the easy way but morals aside you've got no real reason to go nuts. R* are so dysfunctional that even IF they remove your stuff you can put a ticket in and they'll probably donate it right back or something. But nah, I wouldn't worry.

Also, get a new source for your stuff or at least get multiple sources...

Uncle Sikee Atric

They will not sweep anything from the database. It's too late for that.

As for you mentioning you watch vids from those that must not be named.... You named 'em, so :

tom-jerry.gif

CarimboHanky

they'd rather give you a full reset than removing the money and going through the hassle of removing bought items

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

one rule about clickbait youtubers here on gtaforums....we do not talk about clickbait youtubers....

Matrelith

Unlikely. If they wanted to, they'd have done it months ago.

KWF1981

Just noticed... OP joined to make this post...

Says it all, considering the 'source'...

Kids, eh...

darkluminous

they'd rather give you a full reset than removing the money and going through the hassle of removing bought items

So does that mean... a ban wave is coming?

livejoker

I dunno, does your source mentioned anything about it?

KWF1981

Panic! Panic! Panic!...

Lol...

No-one know for certain what R* potentially do to combat cheats, and mrbullsh*tftw fans alike...

Wait and see...

Jenkiiii

Why are you so worried? What have you got to hide?

You're a recently joined member who's asking if the rumours they've heard in a scandalous YouTube video are true. That's mighty suspicious to me.

We don't know because we don't watch these types of YouTubers who make overly-sensational videos just to draw in the crowds.

Prince_Polaris

By the way guys, I know youtubers are looked down upon but I found a guy who doesn't ask you to like, subscribe, sacrifice 12 virgins, donate to his patreon, join his bullsh*t gift card giveaway, and give him your liver, so check him out if you wanna, I like how he's always straight to the point too (Intro is a bit weird though...)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8kxEc1oZKpfhxvwKovXFMQ

AmyStone

After hearing about a leaker in 4chan who posted some information regarding gunrunning dlc, some new questions have been raised.

Now, the part that really caught my eye is that before the update, modded money and purchases will be supposedly be removed. That's right, I said purchases too. They've never done this before so I am wondering really if you guys actually think that this will actually happen?

I've got quite a bit of modded money myself along with the majority of my items I own in game have all been purchased with modded money over the years. Will those get removed too?

Thoughts/Opinions?

I hope they do wipe modded money, purchases and dupes. Just so I can laugh at all the cheats who thought they could get away with it but are now crying over their controller.

Xiled

Well last time rockstar did a modded money wipe, some players quickly found out that when the alert screen came up saying they lost there money, they could just unplug there Ethernet cord for a few seconds and plug it back in and the alert screen would go away and they would still have there money. When they did that wipe they also only took there money away. Not there assets. And even if they do do that people will just find another money glitch in the future. Rockstar is wasting there time going after modded accounts after such a long time of them letting them be a thing. Duplication glitches have been a thing since the game first came out and they still let them happen. All they do is patch them every week.

Edited by Xiled

darkluminous

Why are you so worried? What have you got to hide?

You're a recently joined member who's asking if the rumours they've heard in a scandalous YouTube video are true. That's mighty suspicious to me.

We don't know because we don't watch these types of YouTubers who make overly-sensational videos just to draw in the crowds.

What seems suspicious to you? I've been an active reader of the forums before, however decided to create an account to ask this question. And really the only thing I'm concerned about is if a ban wave will affect me since I posses some modded money myself.

CarimboHanky

...I'm concerned about is if a ban wave will affect me since I posses some modded money myself.

to be honest, everyone is prone to get caught in the banwave dragnet, so carpe diem!

REXX

A $69 CG attack chopper model shows up as an apparent leak and sh*t hits the fan :lol:

1. Its fake.

2. A Hunter model already exists.

3. The model looked nothing like a Hunter.

Edited by REXX

davey1975pafc

Nah. They didn't remove any of my stuff I purchased during the billionaire days. Just modded money.

Gaffa

Nah. They didn't remove any of my stuff I purchased during the billionaire days. Just modded money.

Back then, the staff were different and they didn't have a no-appeals ban policy (although still, the chance of being unbanned at request was rare), so there's really no telling what's going to happen now, halfway through 2017.

Zader

Last time I saw any purchases get removed, it was back in 2013 when the first dupes were coming out, and I had my Pegasus list cleared and my balance reset. Now, they either don't care or will just completely wipe your character at random.

update_lsc

Would be good if they did, but i doubt they will. Hopefully they'll at least remove cheated cash and punish those, who have a lot of it.

Kushology

Well last time rockstar did a modded money wipe, some players quickly found out that when the alert screen came up saying they lost there money, they could just unplug there Ethernet cord for a few seconds and plug it back in and the alert screen would go away and they would still have there money. When they did that wipe they also only took there money away. Not there assets. And even if they do do that people will just find another money glitch in the future. Rockstar is wasting there time going after modded accounts after such a long time of them letting them be a thing. Duplication glitches have been a thing since the game first came out and they still let them happen. All they do is patch them every week.

Forgot the part where some of the people that bypassed the alert got reset.. Least that's what I heard, I haven't experienced this first hand. And if that was bullsh*t, don't start something with me, I said it's what I heard.

There was also people that just didn't play on their modded account for a few weeks, came back to it, no alert or wipe.

Edited by Kushology

KWF1981

I do remember some fallout either earlier this year, or very late last year... And they even posted on the newswire that they would be sweeping for cash over that period... With a lot of players banned, wiped cash AND assets, with ZERO appeal options... I had one buddy, just an 'outer circle' chap during that time text everyone in the text party his sad story of being rank 1 with sweet FA to his name... He quit too, funny stuff to me... Though, I did feel for him after long, he just wants to play GTA... But that's life... Dip ya toes in, they'll get wet...

Again, nothing says something IS coming... But R* CAN sweep anytime they want, they CAN look into every single transaction on any account they want to, or feel they need to, via reports and such too

All this panic from a person with a modded account, makes me laugh... I could never play with that looming over me... But, OP, you can guarantee you are NOT 100% safe, and never will be... And Modded accounts are getting more and more bad attention, we'll see,

Sleep well.

CuteFaceJay

Hot Topic?