4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Ciaran

The Crew 2 [2018]

Breaking Bad
3 hours ago, VROmead said:

It's definetly worth it for that due to the fact that's what the game excels at. I've been doing exactly that and haven't gotten even close to bored yet after a month. It takes time to get a lot of vehicles so that will keep you busy as well. 

So just like the first then? Sounds good.

Are the graphics any better than the first game? Also, how different is the map?

VROmead
2 hours ago, Breaking Bad said:

So just like the first then? Sounds good.

Are the graphics any better than the first game? Also, how different is the map?

Well making money is much quicker in this game than the first. I make 20k for an event that takes less than 2 min to complete. The graphics are way better, I find myself in awe when it gets cloudy and the sun is beaming through the clouds it looks absolutely beautiful. The map is also different for sure. The cities are different and there are a ridiculous amount of roads you can drive on. Both tarmac and off-road. 

luisniko
Posted (edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 5:02 AM, AiraCobra said:

So how is the rubberbanding?

It was horrible in the first game so I'd like to know how bad it is before I purchase the game myself

After taking a break from the game for 5 days (although ended up pissed off again last Saturday thanks to Hyper Car race), I will fairly explain this now.

Rubberbanding is really noticeable. But to be a 'problem', rubberbanding can't stand alone in this game. How so?

Because Rubberbanding in this game is very possible to be beaten by:

1. Having a sufficient Performance Spec (in other word, a level) in your vehicle

2. Understanding a car (or vehicle's performance) in general and use the most suitable for the match and its track

3. Vehicle tuning in Pro Settings make a difference and help

4. Most importantly, your aptitude in driving (and in pulling tricks for things like Drift, Aerobatics, etc)

In that case, Rubberbanding must stand together with other aspect to be a collective problem and at least with one of these:

1. Traffic

2. Lighting (It can be really dark or blinding bright. I held first place towards the last checkpoint in a Hyper Race and the game time was in a sunset with lens flare and the street was a silhouette horizon. I plunged into a wall when turning, 4th place out of 6 in an instant)

3. Indistinct GPS line on mini map

4. CPU opponent behavior (crossing each other, ramming you out of the course, etc)

5. Additionally, race match with loaned vehicle (only a few available)

All of those MAY NOT be a problem is a slower-paced race. In a non-speedway fast-paced race, it can be a huge deal of a problem. Though again it is back at you respectively as a player on how to deal with this.

I wouldn't say The Crew 1 had bad rubberbanding because I finished the story missions really fast before becoming digital beggar working for peanuts in that game.

Edited by luisniko

luisniko
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VROmead said:

Well making money is much quicker in this game than the first. I make 20k for an event that takes less than 2 min to complete.

Yep. The last time I checked the stats, I have made 4,000,000-ish Bucks in total and I didn't even mean to grind or do any money exploit.

And compared to TC1 where mostly in my collection and I used to play with were free cars, I could actually buy the vehicles that I want (and they are useful too).

That is also helped by the fact that parts are shared, so I can apply the older parts for other vehicles in my collection, whereas in TC1 I would be paying 20,000 Bucks to apply a single Level 30 Part that I HAVE obtained by another car and I have at least seen 1 person referred that as 'the proper upgrade system' in PS4 TC2 Community page. 💩

So it's safe to say there while the income is much higher, there are also less expense factor in this game.

Edited by luisniko

AiraCobra
18 hours ago, luisniko said:

-snip-

Maybe I should've explained what I meant by rubberbanding....

When I played on PS4 the kind of rubberbanding I am talking about are cars bouncing back and forth like I could be in first place in a race or doing a co-op with another player who is a decent ways behind me all the sudden they appeared right in front of me but never actually passed me just spawned out of thin-air

17 hours ago, luisniko said:

Yep. The last time I checked the stats, I have made 4,000,000-ish Bucks in total and I didn't even mean to grind or do any money exploit.

And compared to TC1 where mostly in my collection and I used to play with were free cars, I could actually buy the vehicles that I want (and they are useful too).

That is also helped by the fact that parts are shared, so I can apply the older parts for other vehicles in my collection, whereas in TC1 I would be paying 20,000 Bucks to apply a single Level 30 Part that I HAVE obtained by another car and I have at least seen 1 person referred that as 'the proper upgrade system' in PS4 TC2 Community page. 💩

So it's safe to say there while the income is much higher, there are also less expense factor in this game.

Are these "payments" a one-time event or can you grind the events to get $20,000 each time?

I am glad to hear that parts can be shared across vehicles that surely saves on buying each part of every vehicle.

How are the air and boat races? Are the planes hard to fly? Has anybody tried to use a flight stick/joystick to fly the planes?

luisniko
6 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

Maybe I should've explained what I meant by rubberbanding....

When I played on PS4 the kind of rubberbanding I am talking about are cars bouncing back and forth like I could be in first place in a race or doing a co-op with another player who is a decent ways behind me all the sudden they appeared right in front of me but never actually passed me just spawned out of thin-air

Are these "payments" a one-time event or can you grind the events to get $20,000 each time?

I am glad to hear that parts can be shared across vehicles that surely saves on buying each part of every vehicle.

How are the air and boat races? Are the planes hard to fly? Has anybody tried to use a flight stick/joystick to fly the planes?

That sounds ridiculous. Thankfully, they don't teleport here. They just have unusual catching up ability - and other things like unnatural turning speed and accuracy, doped up acceleration and ultra precise braking.

My first (accidental) on-screen rubberbanding witnessing was during a Powerboat race where there was a sharp corner at a river bank and while I left them all behind, suddenly I saw the 2nd-place CPU dot on minimap blasted straight through the river bank soil passing the corner. When I turned my camera to the left and saw the CPU vehicle, it drove in normal speed again.

-------------

The money reward are all fixed, but the amount is depending on the race and the difficulty settings you choose. In Normal difficulty, they generally pay about 13,500 Bucks. Some of the longer ones or something like the Triathlon Events and Boss Events can net you 22,000 Bucks. While Hyper Car Race is ranging from 67,000 Bucks to 200,000 Bucks. Setting them to Hard difficulty will get them more. For example: 13,500 bucks >> 19,000 bucks.

Outside of race, doing Skills in the open world also get you 1,500 Bucks. TC1 throwback peanuts grind-level payout, but forget about it here.

-------------------------

Water race is divided into two: Jetsprint and Powerboat. Some of Jetsprint is a time attack race. The rest and with Powerboat are actual race on the water.

Meanwhile, Airplane race is divided into aerobatic trials and point to point time attack (with slightly different rule). So there's no 'race' actually.

But what I must say is that both Boats and Planes can be very reflective towards your tuning Pro Settings. You can make their physics change. I used to get stuck in both Powerboat and Jetsprint until I tweaked them to have faster speed and better turning. Same like airplane. You can make it lighter or weighty. You can make it to have tendency to fly down or up.

StuntCurry707

2fIcuod.pngbntAyFD.pngZ7lUwvJ.pngVFRIpR9.pngZTWxHkl.pngnR0bz12.pngK8f61VT.png

Breaking Bad

Planning on buying this over the weekend considering it's on sale in the UK PS store!

Excited to dive in and do some road trips again. The map is still the best selling point of this game, it's insane how big it is. It's what set the first Crew game apart from other racing games.

the_potato

42737129835_7efeebf722_h.jpg

42737127915_d80fc2e167_h.jpg

41832927840_8aa2cf6209_h.jpg

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Ferrari FXX K (wtf...) and KTM X-Bow is available for Season Pass owner. Non-owners can buy next week.

-----------

It seems we have a stealth nerf for bikes.

Edited by luisniko