Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,513 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Zello

If Rockstar made another CTW styled game

Zello

Have you ever wanted Rockstar to make another game similar to Chinatown wars with the same top down view and gameplay just in a different city, with different characters, and a new story? I know handled gaming is kinda dead unless it's on mobile but I could live with them releasing it on IOS, Android, and Nintendo 3Ds.

I'd love to see what they could have done with a CTW styled top down version of San Fierro or Vice City especially Vice it'd have been the perfect fit with the drug dealing system CTW wars introduced.

Edited by Zello

Junior_Djjr

I'm not advertising at all, but I'm creating (with some few guys) a GTA CW style game set in Brazil.

1.jpg

IMPUNES

And yes, we were fans wanting to be like a Rockstar.

Blue

Nice! Followed and liked it. Boa sorte ;)

DimitriFaustin

@Junior_Djjr: That looks really awesome, good job!

On Topic: I haven't played much of Chinatown Wars yet, but Zello took the words out of my mouth in the OP. I just don't know how well the game would sell though,

and it would probably take something really innovative to not only make the game appeal to most GTA fans these days, but perhaps revive hand-held gaming.

Perhaps they could capitalize on Nintendo Switch with the right timing

Edited by DimitriFaustin

TakeshiSantos

It would be great, but as long R* Leeds made it. I LOVE Chinatown Wars, plus it would make the old-school GTA fans very happy man. Very happy.

Zello

@Junior_Djjr: That looks really awesome, good job!

On Topic: I haven't played much of Chinatown Wars yet, but Zello took the words out of my mouth in the OP. I just don't know how well the game would sell though,

and it would probably take something really innovative to not only make the game appeal to most GTA fans these days, but perhaps revive hand-held gaming.

Perhaps they could capitalize on Nintendo Switch with the right timing

Yeah it would have to do something different than CTW did R* doesn't really like to do the same thing over and over again.

AnywhereCityBitch

I would have liked one In Los Santos where you play as a member of the Vagos, who are in a deep rooted bloody gang war with The Armenian Mob. it would have been nice to finally play as a Latin gangster & it would have been an opportunity to explore some of the other gangs in Los Santos who were just afterthoughts in V.

I would have set it a year after the events of V.

Keano

3DS is definitely a good market for Rockstar considering the success of Chinatown Wars. I'm not big into phones but I'm sure iOS and Android would be a good market too.

3DS is the best bet because of a stylus and two screens, you can have the interactive features Chinatown Wars had. Nintendo would get even more sales for the already 3DS considering people bought a DS for Chinatown Wars.

Edited by Keano

Fluxion Cavalier

They should not, under any circumstances, make another sh*tty game like CTW. I've played the game and it's just a massively scaled down version of GTA IV, with boring gameplay and cutscenes. And the word "massively" is an understatement.

Edited by Fluxion Cavalier

Richie Makyura

Nintendo Switch needs is port of GTA in GTA Chinatown Wars Style, maybe in Cartoon style like GTA 1 and 2 :D

JoeyLeone21

They should remake GTA Advance for the 3DS.

Kippy113

One of my favorite games from the whole franchise with all the little stuff you could do. :)

NiggAndreasYT

a los santos or Red dead 2 themed one would be nice 

∴

I can see a similar perspective game working for the Nintendo Switch. It's equally likely we'll see a title like that at some point in the Switch's life cycle, because we've already seen other more mature ports happening and it was considered an unusual move to have Grand Theft Auto titles on Nintendo consoles to begin with. I wouldn't be surprised to see a spin-off title at some point, and I think the isometric style would work really well on a console as portable as the Switch.

I think the problem with Chinatown Wars was the limitations imposed on it. As powerful as the 3DS is, it was always going to feel inferior compared to more mainline titles.

Hmmm nice bike

If they ever did another CTW style game, I could see them doing it based on V's Los Santos and just cutting you off from the countryside (or including a very small amount of countryside, but not featuring anything too far north of the Vinewood Hills), as well as other small changes made around the city to accommodate the new style. Nintendo Switch would probably be the ideal main platform for it, too. I'm sure a release for iOS and Android would still be possible, but given the poor sales of every other mobile port of their games, it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't even bother with having one for phones and tablets.

Tao Cheng

If it's in Vice City, they should do an HD universe version of that Pepe guy from Vice City as a protagonist. :)

Lock n' Stock

I can't see it happening to be honest. Chinatown Wars as good as it was, sold far less compared to other GTA games, even if it was one of the best selling games on the DS. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a successor though, what is Rockstar Leeds up to these days? See, Rockstar has all these talented studios but it seems to me like they really don't do much with them.

Hmmm nice bike
3 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

I can't see it happening to be honest. Chinatown Wars as good as it was, sold far less compared to other GTA games, even if it was one of the best selling games on the DS. It wouldn't be a bad idea to do a successor though, what is Rockstar Leeds up to these days? See, Rockstar has all these talented studios but it seems to me like they really don't do much with them.

It's too bad that there probably isn't much of a business incentive for them to make another portable GTA. Kind of like what happened with the Stories titles, they were great, but despite selling well on the PSP, they probably still didn't do as well as Rockstar were hoping (and the mobile port of LCS especially didn't do well). I still think we should have gotten a Los Santos Stories that would tie into San Andreas at the very least.

I feel like all Rockstar's other studios besides North and San Diego seem to be doing is providing support for development or QA of GTA and Red Dead, rather than developing their own titles. Some haven't made their own in well over a decade, and then Rockstar India hasn't even made anything. I think the company just delegates work from North to these studios now instead of having them developing their own full titles.

Lock n' Stock
2 hours ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

It's too bad that there probably isn't much of a business incentive for them to make another portable GTA. Kind of like what happened with the Stories titles, they were great, but despite selling well on the PSP, they probably still didn't do as well as Rockstar were hoping (and the mobile port of LCS especially didn't do well). I still think we should have gotten a Los Santos Stories that would tie into San Andreas at the very least.

I feel like all Rockstar's other studios besides North and San Diego seem to be doing is providing support for development or QA of GTA and Red Dead, rather than developing their own titles. Some haven't made their own in well over a decade, and then Rockstar India hasn't even made anything. I think the company just delegates work from North to these studios now instead of having them developing their own full titles.

I was hoping that they'd develop a title for the PS Vita, but it was hardly worth it since that system was a poor-seller in itself (a GTA title would have probably helped to boost sales tho). I guess Rockstar sees the handheld market as more of a niche these days, which is may they don't bother wit hit much (aside from mobile ports.

Like Rockstar New England, India seems to be more of a support studio, though they're said to work in conjunction with the country's Technicolor department as well.