Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Gameplay
      3. Missions
      4. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
      4. Frontier Pursuits
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Diamond Casino & Resort
      2. DLC
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA 6

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA IV Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA SA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA VC Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA III Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

Ryadica926

Re: Liberty City Stories

Recommended Posts

guard3

Let's make mods that work on Windows 98 too, the original game run on it!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
26 minutes ago, DragonSC said:

Seems like it's a problem with "Ultimate ASI Loader" that doesn't support Windows XP. I f***ing love the people when they make mods incompatible with the OS the game was developed on/runs best. I wonder if they do the same thing when Windows 7 goes EOS. "We don't support Windows 7 anymore, so upgrade to Windows 8.1 or 10 to run this mod" LOL.

Bruh it's nearly 2020, what are you still doing on XP? Do you think people during the Windows XP days complained about games not running on Windows 1.0?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonSC
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ash_735 said:

Bruh it's nearly 2020, what are you still doing on XP? Do you think people during the Windows XP days complained about games not running on Windows 1.0?

 

2 hours ago, guard3 said:

Let's make mods that work on Windows 98 too, the original game run on it!!!

It's not obsolete just because you don't use it. It's still a good OS to run on an old hardware and play old games on it. I already have Windows 7 installed on my main PC, but don't want to play this game on it when I have "period correct" hardware and software to play it. I'll play GTA 4,5 on this (main) system -do you understand?

GTA San Andreas has some problems with Win7 while it runs perfectly on the XP system. I didn't wanted him (ThirteenAG) to make GTA 5 run on Windows XP, but he would've made a freaking ASI loader work on it. Just that.

Edited by DragonSC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zanesix

Well then idk, your windows 7 installation is f*cked. There is literally no excuse to be running windows xp in this era, it's been unsupported even by microsoft for 5 years now. Everyone plays SA on windows 7-10 (With SilentPatch installed at least, it's basically unplayable for me without that) with no problems, except for you apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dent0nz

Yeah, people get too cocky here when they hear about XP. We know it's unsupported, but don't friggin' mock people because they prefer using it instead of modern OS.

 

You are free to do everything you want with your PC, don't let other people stop you doing that.

 

I use XP and it works perfectly with all of the old school GTA games (w silentpatch and all of those mods), I just use my Windows 7 laptop for these modern mods. I think you should do the same like me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guard3

You are free to use whichever OS you want. Going with a super outdated OS is at your own risk, you should accept the fact that new stuff isn’t going to be developed for it or is not gonna work correctly on it. The newest development tools come with windows 7 and above support out of the box and not everyone has XP machines to test stuff. If you want new stuff, upgrade. If not, stick to old vanilla software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DragonSC

OK, I understand that, I stopped working with it. FYI, it also doesn't run on Vista too. But that "rundll32.exe" and having to running the game twice driving me crazy on Windows 7. I don't want to run Windows 10 until I find a version between stability and best compatibility with new and old software. If you know such a version, tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
guard3

I personally never had issues running old programs like gta in Windows 8-10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lexyz.
Posted (edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 6:30 PM, MarcolinoGTA said:

Swimming in LCS is useless

I mean, except for when you'll accidentally drive your car into the water or fall off the edge...which can happen quite often

Edited by Lexyz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MarcolinoGTA

Lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512

Hi, you can make the text bigger as in the Play Station 2 version and use Mobile fonts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ash_735
2 hours ago, Maverick512 said:

Hi, you can make the text bigger as in the Play Station 2 version and use Mobile fonts.

But the mobile fonts are generic AF since they couldn't be bothered to do additional language characters for the original ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
9 hours ago, Ash_735 said:

But the mobile fonts are generic AF since they couldn't be bothered to do additional language characters for the original ones.

The current mod supports other languages except Spanish... I don't care if the larger text looks better, and for people who have a vision problem and can't speak English well, they're screwed.

 

-In case the doubts I mean that the subtitles in Spanish are misspelled due to lack of characters like Ññ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achilleas

Nice mod! I want to see progresses. it is the FIRST MOD IN THE WORLD RYADICA!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryadica926
Posted (edited)

Something I've been working on lately smug32.png

Added some ped attractors like ped sitting on bench, line-up on bus stops, ATMs, etc.
probably one of the best AI feature in VC that I didn't realized it exist in the game engine. lmao
also, they'll will line-up if another ped "occupy" the ATM.

Spoiler

yep, gangster sit fix is also included, just look at the last part of the video lmao3b.png

Spoiler

the "art" of sitting~
gta-lcs_2019-08-29_09-37-03-90.pnggta-lcs_2019-08-29_09-32-12-98.pnggta-lcs_2019-08-29_08-39-59-96.png

 

 

Edited by Ryadica926

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GroveStGTAV

Will you add VCS interors to VCS styled VC mod? Like lance's house and hidden room in the vercetti estate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AshGamer007

Include gangster walk fix and gangster swat fix(Swat equipped with SMG)too :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Achilleas

Nice progresses Ryadica!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eddo
Posted (edited)

How's the mission progress though, @Ryadica926? I've noticed it's been quite a while since mission progress was posted here.:)

Edited by The Eddo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiago_The_Gamer96
Posted (edited)

GroveStGTAV

 

That's an amazing idea! 

 

I hope he will or someone else will change the characters like VC lance using the VCS high detailed suit and head but with VC colors.

 

Ricardo Diaz from VCS with the VC hawaiian shirt colors...

 

Umberto Robina with his VCS detailed head with his VC clothes, Vic Vance for the first cutscene using his cuban style outfit, Phil Cassidy from VCS in VC.

 

The stats would continue running with the player stats and the characters stats being separated.... Like you could travel in time after finishing VCS Vic is ofc still alive, and switch back to Tommy in the in game menu...

 

To Unlock VC you have to finish VCS, it's like changing games but it's not it's still the same game running with two gtas! 😁

Edited by Tiago_The_Gamer96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eddo
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Tiago_The_Gamer96 said:

GroveStGTAV

 

That's an amazing idea! 

 

I hope he will or someone else will change the characters like VC lance using the VCS high detailed suit and head but with VC colors.

 

Ricardo Diaz from VCS with the VC hawaiian shirt colors...

 

Umberto Robina with his VCS detailed head with his VC clothes, Vic Vance for the first cutscene using his cuban style outfit, Phil Cassidy from VCS in VC.

 

The stats would continue running with the player stats and the characters stats being separated.... Like you could travel in time after finishing VCS Vic is ofc still alive, and switch back to Tommy in the in game menu...

 

To Unlock VC you have to finish VCS, it's like changing games but it's not it's still the same game running with two gtas! 😁

Look, my man. Surya is already all tied up with IRL stuff and big responsibilities. Whenever he finds spare time, be it short or long, he spends it all up by working very hard on Re: LCS because a large amount of people are really looking forward to it. Moreover, who knows that the "VCS-styled VC" mod he is making is just a minor modification for his own personal uses? And besides, pardon me, but, uh- That idea you just mentioned is just not possible with Renderware. It is WAY TOO complex to be implemented and even if someone did it, it would be WAY TOO over-the-top to fit in with the 3D-Era GTA games. That idea is something you would expect from IV and V, but if you do want something like that, go see @dkluin. He has pretty much mixed all of the GTAs together with his Underground mod.

 

So in total, the point is that you people must stop pestering Surya for mods like (@Maverick512) "Re: VCS" or (@Tiago_The_Gamer96) that "VC+VCS" thingy, please. Yeah, it may all seem fun and easy when good-for-nothing people like us materialize over-the-top ideas for mods, but only a real modder knows the pains and costs behind all of these great mods you scroll through every day. Just- just let Surya work calmly on Re: LCS and that "VCS-styled VC" thingy, thank you very much...

Edited by The Eddo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryadica926

Added some spots for "rain shelters" feature where peds will seek one if there's one nearby when raining and leave when rain stops.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

As Gangster Sit Fix, Gangster SWAT Fix, and Gangster Walk Fix ain't enough for this community.
I've decided to include Gangster ATM Fix here toni32.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iiCriminnaaL 49

These A.I. feature updates definitely make the city feel more alive. Absolutely beautiful 😉.

 

By the way, since you already implemented swimming while working on porting certain VCS features to VC, have you considered implementing it to LCS as well? I know that Liberty City's sea was confirmed to be coated by oil spill, and so, instead of porting VCS' oxygen bar system, it would be pretty much the same, only that Toni would lose health instead, so he'll still be damaged even if he got off the water before he dies.

 

Just a suggestion 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elissay
3 hours ago, iiCriminnaaL 49 said:

By the way, since you already implemented swimming while working on porting certain VCS features to VC, have you considered implementing it to LCS as well? I know that Liberty City's sea was confirmed to be coated by oil spill, and so, instead of porting VCS' oxygen bar system, it would be pretty much the same, only that Toni would lose health instead, so he'll still be damaged even if he got off the water before he dies.

 

Just a suggestion 😉.

Now that will be cool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tiago_The_Gamer96
Posted (edited)
On 8/29/2019 at 5:46 PM, The Eddo said:

Look, my man. Surya is already all tied up with IRL stuff and big responsibilities. Whenever he finds spare time, be it short or long, he spends it all up by working very hard on Re: LCS because a large amount of people are really looking forward to it. Moreover, who knows that the "VCS-styled VC" mod he is making is just a minor modification for his own personal uses? And besides, pardon me, but, uh- That idea you just mentioned is just not possible with Renderware. It is WAY TOO complex to be implemented and even if someone did it, it would be WAY TOO over-the-top to fit in with the 3D-Era GTA games. That idea is something you would expect from IV and V, but if you do want something like that, go see @dkluin. He has pretty much mixed all of the GTAs together with his Underground mod.

 

So in total, the point is that you people must stop pestering Surya for mods like (@Maverick512) "Re: VCS" or (@Tiago_The_Gamer96) that "VC+VCS" thingy, please. Yeah, it may all seem fun and easy when good-for-nothing people like us materialize over-the-top ideas for mods, but only a real modder knows the pains and costs behind all of these great mods you scroll through every day. Just- just let Surya work calmly on Re: LCS and that "VCS-styled VC" thingy, thank you very much...

 

I understood man 100%, i hope he gets all the time he needs to deal with his personal and private life and i hope he can have time to enjoy himself watching anime, movies, tv, hanging out with his friends, work, studies etc...

 

Modding it's just a hobby like many others

 

I hope too that i can play the vcs styled vc mod soon maybe like in a year or two or more i don't care there's no rush, i just want to play it one day because it's just beautiful. 

 

I love Ryadica Surya mods i hope he gets a lot of donations on his patreon when i'm able to donate i definitely will and i hope he gets awards from gta forums because he deserves it. 

 

He also deserves respect from me and everyone else from the gta community that still like the og gtas like me.

 

I'm not forcing him to make stuff like that, i only hope he releases these wonderful mods for the public so we can analyze and give our positive and negative feedback to help him become a better modder and improve the quality of his mods to make them perfect, i can see true potential and a future for him and if Rockstar ever hired him i would be happy for him... 

 

Edited by Tiago_The_Gamer96

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Eddo
6 hours ago, Tiago_The_Gamer96 said:

 

I understood man 100%, i hope he gets all the time he needs to deal with his personal and private life and i hope he can have time to enjoy himself watching anime, movies, tv, hanging out with his friends, work, studies etc...

 

Modding it's just a hobby like many others

 

I hope too that i can play the vcs styled vc mod soon maybe like in a year or two or more i don't care there's no rush, i just want to play it one day because it's just beautiful. 

 

I love Ryadica Surya mods i hope he gets a lot of donations on his patreon when i'm able to donate i definitely will and i hope he gets awards from gta forums because he deserves it. 

 

He also deserves respect from me and everyone else from the gta community that still like the og gtas like me.

 

I'm not forcing him to make stuff like that, i only hope he releases these wonderful mods for the public so we can analyze and give our positive and negative feedback to help him become a better modder and improve the quality of his mods to make them perfect, i can see true potential and a future for him and if Rockstar ever hired him i would be happy for him... 

 

Oh, well, at least you understood.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.

Huh, someone cleaned/deleted all the comments after latest ryadica's progress post. As I said, amazing work with those ped attractors from VC, the city looks really alive. Not even SA included all of that stuff, wonder why or if those are there but broken or disabled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ivan1997GTA

I discovered some interesting cut content for LCS on the Cutting Room Floor.

 

Are you gonna incorporate some of them, like the ending dialogue for "Smash and Grab" or Toni and Maria's lines when the tires get shot in "Shop 'Til you Strop"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VEGETTA777

Hello, I am new to this topic someone can explain to me how to download the latest version of GTA Re: Liberty City Stories PC Mod.

Edited by VEGETTA777

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AshGamer007

Those beta contents looks good. This unused dialogues should be added in game. Also the LC coast guard voice

There were news textures meant to used in Driving Mr Leone's final cutscene how about implementing them? 

As for Radio range maybe you should add only the radios not working in subway string

Also can you change VCN Maverick to LCN Maverick(Change name and VCN marking to LCN). Vice City news in Liberty City doesn't make sense

Edited by AshGamer007
Looks like you already added Tear Gas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 1 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.