Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

Re: Liberty City Stories


  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Ryadica926

    231

  • Staunton Assassin

    219

  • Ash_735

    180

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Winner of The Best Conversion in GTAForums Annual Awards 2017, 2018, and 2019 Grand Theft Auto Re: Liberty City Stories (or Re:LCS) is a "Remake" of Liberty City Stories on PC with GTA Vice

Missions that I've been converted:   PORTLAND ISLAND Vincenzo Cilli 1. Home Sweet Home 2. Slacker 3. Dealing Revenge 4. Snuff 5. Smash and Grab 6. Hot Whee

Also, as thanks for people who voted this mod as the Best Conversion 2018, I'll drop some progresses here:  Updated map textures! I've LCS-matched colors better map textures from GTA3 PC (currentl

Recommended Posts

If i remember correctly, they're just renamed DFF and TXD so... same tools used for that.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
10 hours ago, Reameb said:

If i remember correctly, they're just renamed DFF and TXD so... same tools used for that.

Thank you, and another thing as I can get the textures in ALPHA Transparency of GTA Liberty City Stories PS2 texture files.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I play this mod with Keyboard & Mouse like a regular GTA:VC and Can I use VC's cheats. 

 

Also What happened the Lancer MF1 & Bullion & Tommy & Evidence & Rancher & Sultan & Civillian Police/Taxi and rest of the beta cars ? I think they must be in the mod. I hope they are unfinished yet. Will you planning add these cars into the mod ? Thx. Nice progression BTW

 

Edited by GraphiX
Link to post
Share on other sites
MarcolinoGTA
On 4/28/2019 at 10:01 PM, GraphiX said:

Can I play this mod with Keyboard & Mouse like a regular GTA:VC and Can I use VC's cheats. 

 

Also What happened the Lancer MF1 & Bullion & Tommy & Evidence & Rancher & Sultan & Civillian Police/Taxi and rest of the beta cars ? I think they must be in the mod. I hope they are unfinished yet. Will you planning add these cars into the mod ? Thx. Nice progression BTW

 

Only Bullion (Cyclone GT), Tommy and Sultan are available, together with Jester, Elegy, Campaign Maverick, PCJ-600 (VC/VCS beta version), Squad Cheetah. This cars can only be spawned through mods (VC Mini Console)

Leone Sentinel (mafiablood) appears in The Made Man

Link to post
Share on other sites
Shred N Slash
On 4/29/2019 at 4:01 AM, GraphiX said:

Can I play this mod with Keyboard & Mouse like a regular GTA:VC and Can I use VC's cheats. 

 

Also What happened the Lancer MF1 & Bullion & Tommy & Evidence & Rancher & Sultan & Civillian Police/Taxi and rest of the beta cars ? I think they must be in the mod. I hope they are unfinished yet. Will you planning add these cars into the mod ? Thx. Nice progression BTW

 

1) Obviously, you can play this with a keyboard and a mouse. Vice City cheats have been disabled afaik.

2) What happened is that this mod is aiming to give an authentic Liberty City Stories experience. No beta content.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Datalvarezguy
6 hours ago, HotlineVice19603 said:

1) Obviously, you can play this with a keyboard and a mouse. Vice City cheats have been disabled afaik.

2) What happened is that this mod is aiming to give an authentic Liberty City Stories experience. No beta content.

Dunno about that, some of the preview videos, he's been driving a Deluxo from VCS around, so there's that.

 

Personally I'd kill to see the Bullion being included in some capacity, or the Skyline ripoff car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Datalvarezguy said:

Some of the preview videos, he's been driving a Deluxo from VCS around, so there's that.

If Surya have been driving a VCS Deluxo on this LCS mod doesn't mean it will appear in the mod. It's more a custom thing. But obviously don't take my comment as an statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
26 minutes ago, MarcolinoGTA said:

Have you guys heard about "Custom Stuff"?

That's what I've said above your comment lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
alex0264
On 4/26/2019 at 6:43 PM, matimarzari12 said:

Hey man sorry to bother. But im trying to get through this mission without the game crashing when the police come in the cinematic at the docks. When exactly do you go back to the safe house to change clothes? Is it right after Salvatore calls you, before or after you pick up your backup? What clothes you wear before you change them and which ones you change into? I hope you can help me out. Thank you!

Sorry I have only just seen this. I have actually found that changing the clothes has stopped the crashing a few times throughout the game, but it definitely worked for this mission! I cannot actually remember which clothes I selected, just try some at random and see if that helps. 

 

Some other useful tips to consider that I've find help stop crashing (especially as soon as it loads and you try to leave the safe house)

 

1. As soon as you launch the game, don't skip the cut scenes. Let them load a bit then skip and proceed to load the game.

2. When the game has loaded and you are stood in the safe house, don't leave straight away, but instead either stand there for a bit or consider changing Toni's clothes and then leave.

3. Create a new save game file. Save game files can get corrupted on any game, so doing a new save file is never a bad thing (just remember which is the correct one when loading/saving).

4. Saved vehicles. Consider trying to save with or without a vehicle in your garage and see if that helps.

 

There are probably other things I've not mentioned. I can't even guarantee that these will always work for you (maybe just coincidental), but on multiple occasions they have helped me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
B Dawg

I read on the discord to start a new game, then load your save game to be able to leave the safehouse quickly without crashes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryadica926
Spoiler

Note: I know this mission has a lot of problem, but.. hey, at least its passable!
rather than wasting a LOT of time focusing on this thing, I'd rather to port another mission and fix this thing later for time efficiency-wise.

 

  • Like 33
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin
12 minutes ago, Ryadica926 said:

(insert mission video here)

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Note: I know this mission has a lot of problem, but.. hey, at least its passable!
rather than wasting a LOT of time focusing on this thing, I'd rather to port another mission and fix this thing later for time efficiency-wise.

 

Hmm, intriguing. What was broken about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1xGamer

Is there any chance to see some LCS beta content in this mod? I mean some of those things that R*s shouldn't really cut. Like for example unused TV broadcast images that was supposed to be shown in "Shoresade Vale oppening cutscene". Or perhaps even some additional dialogs for some missions that for some reason went unused even though they perfectly fit in those missions. Personally I think that adding some of this beta content to your mod will only make it better because it will have some exclusive content that that missing on PS2 and PSP.

 

Edit: Just saw @HotlineVice19603 's comment about aiming to give an authentic Liberty City Stories experience. Just want to point out that my suggestion is fully fits with your vision about it. I mean adding some additional dialogs to some missions that clearly only makes the game experience deeper is not really harmful to your idea of authentic LC experience. Most of the people won't even notice the difference.

Edited by 1xGamer
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Maverick512
6 hours ago, 1xGamer said:

Is there any chance to see some LCS beta content in this mod? I mean some of those things that R*s shouldn't really cut. Like for example unused TV broadcast images that was supposed to be shown in "Shoresade Vale oppening cutscene". Or perhaps even some additional dialogs for some missions that for some reason went unused even though they perfectly fit in those missions. Personally I think that adding some of this beta content to your mod will only make it better because it will have some exclusive content that that missing on PS2 and PSP.

 

Edit: Just saw @HotlineVice19603 's comment about aiming to give an authentic Liberty City Stories experience. Just want to point out that my suggestion is fully fits with your vision about it. I mean adding some additional dialogs to some missions that clearly only makes the game experience deeper is not really harmful to your idea of authentic LC experience. Most of the people won't even notice the difference.

The team tries to make the project as similar as possible to the PS2/PSP version in order to bring the GTALCS to the Microsoft Windows platform, therefore if Rockstar Games eliminated dialogs/missions it is because they considered them unnecessary for the final plot of the game.

Edited by Maverick512
Link to post
Share on other sites
Shred N Slash
1 minute ago, Maverick512 said:

The team tries to make the project as similar as possible to the PS2/PSP version in order to bring the GTALCS to the Microsoft Windows platform, therefore if Rockstar Games eliminated dialogs/missions it is because they considered them unnecessary for the final plot of the game.

Or because there's only so much you can do with a PSP game. Adding some cut dialogues to the game wouldn't hurt the mod at all, it's not like these are some new cars, missions or map parts being added. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ryadica926
Spoiler

This is what i meant by "I'd rather port another mission" smug32.png

Spoiler
20 hours ago, The Eddo said:

Hmm, intriguing. What was broken about it?

If you watched the video, it should be obvious.

I also removed first 2 gunmen on the rocks as they're a bit problematic to include.

 

 

  • Like 31
Link to post
Share on other sites
Staunton Assassin

Hopefully, this mission will get fixed someday:). And besides, who doesn't like broken stuff, right?

 

Spoiler

right?

Spoiler

right?

Spoiler

right?

Spoiler

Heh-heh-heh-heh!

 

 

 

 

Edited by The Eddo
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 8:23 AM, matimarzari12 said:

Does anybody know how to fix the Contra-Banned mission error? I can't continue the game. Help Please!!

Does anybody know how to fix the Contra-Banned mission error? I can't continue the game. Help Please!!

You need to get to the destination in the dock being in a car with your backup to avoid crash.I found that if you just walk to the mission point then you are most likely to get crashed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bartleby
On 5/10/2019 at 9:41 AM, GTA xy said:

You need to get to the destination in the dock being in a car with your backup to avoid crash.I found that if you just walk to the mission point then you are most likely to get crashed.

I am currently having the same issue with this mission, even when arriving at the marker in a car with the backup - elsewhere in this topic someone mentioned changing outfits before going to the docks (I did it before collecting the backup as well) but that also doesn't work for me; I get an unhandled exception whether I sit through or skip the cutscene.

 

Any other ideas which may work?

 

Great mod by the way, amazing effort.

Edited by Bartleby
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When the full version comes out: Ah sh*t, here we go again, I think it's time to finish this game for the fifth time.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Rooty Martin
12 hours ago, Bartleby said:

I am currently having the same issue with this mission, even when arriving at the marker in a car with the backup - elsewhere in this topic someone mentioned changing outfits before going to the docks (I did it before collecting the backup as well) but that also doesn't work for me; I get an unhandled exception whether I sit through or skip the cutscene.

 

Any other ideas which may work?

 

Great mod by the way, amazing effort.

I had exception when cops have arrived after the cut scene. I have run executable file as administrator and exception has gone away.

Edited by Rooty Martin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bartleby
11 hours ago, Rooty Martin said:

I had exception when cops have arrived after the cut scene. I have run executable file as administrator and exception has gone away.

Unfortunately doesn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Any other ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Killerman29

 

I have found a small bug in vincenzo first mission cutscene, it rain indoors

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Ahmedmfroezspeed

there's a little problem...

when i launch the part 1 setup it requests me to put the password

so what's the password ?

plz reply soon

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sneed pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 5 Users Currently Viewing
    2 members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests

    • Laqueesha
    • Itsuki73
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.