Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,936 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Flachbau

Official PS4 Topic

Tails Prower

A quickie which I hope one of you regular's in the PS4 topic can answer but I believe my PS3 may be on it's last legs and I may

have to move on and start using the PSNow Subscription service.

If I do go down that route I presume game saves are made on the PS4 if I start playing something like Yakuza 4 or 5?

Does the PS4 record video of the PS3 game using the share function?

If anyone can answer these two questions would be grateful!

I can answer your first question - no, the saves are on the PS3 that you are connected to. I'm have no details of the infrastructure (I have no interest either), but you're clearly connecting to a remote (probably virtual) PS3 and your game saves are there.

I never actually tried recording video, so I can't answer your next question. Anything I say on that point would be a pure guess.

I will say one thing though, and that's that with a decent internet connection the service does work remarkably well. I'm very cynical about anything remote that needs to be responsive (I'm even fussy about wireless controller latency), but the quality of this service made me eat a lot of my words. However, the game selection is sh*t. They are regularly increasing it but it had almost nothing in there that I wanted to play.

Just make sure that you're happy with the content before you sign up for it, or give it a month and see if you go "meh" like I did. Hopefully not - I hope you find it awesome and it gives you everything you're looking for :)

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I have already checked the list of games available for PSNow and it already includes the main games that I would still want to play on my PS3 which are almost

all the Sonic games released on PS3 and two Yakuza games, Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 so it's all good.

I actually need the space as the Ps3 is on my second TV in the living room and I recently won an Xbox One X console with McDonald's Monopoly, still having to

pinch myself about that since it's the first time I've ever won anything like that so it seems a good but sad time to retire the PS3, that said I will probably get some

money back from selling the games or exchanging them for something else I want.

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Beyond: Two Souls and Rayman Legends are the free games of May.

I always wanted to play Beyond but never got around to it, so this is pretty handy for me.

Edited by Matrelith

Furry_Monkey
Posted (edited)

i always wanted to play Beyond but never got around to it, so this is pretty handy for me.

I don't say this lightly. It's one of the best gaming experiences I've ever had.

I'm thrilled it's free because I'm sure there are a lot of fans out there that just don't know it yet.

Edited by Furry_Monkey

Speaking of Beyond, anyone played the Detroit demo yet? I thought it was really well done, but I reached my desired outcome with ease. The final scene was great but.. it was predictable. I knew exactly what to do to reach my desired ending.

Laker23

Haven't played the demo but might have to download it soon. Detroit will be a buy at some point.

Much prefer Heavy Rain over Beyond. I keep meaning to clear up 3 or 4 more trophies I have left for the latter.

Posted (edited)

God of War spoiler:

Well f*ck me, there's a second main weapon in the game. The blades are amazing. I played many hours straight today, got all the way to the point where I escaped Helheim with da boi. The story is so damn good in this game. I'm totally hooked.

The moment the boy finds out he's a god, making him act like a total f*cking douchebag, Kratos scratching up his old wounds, finding the Greek vase in the vault, the duo sharing a bottle of wine together, Kratos having visions of Zeus.. all of it was perfect storytelling. I haven't been this engaged in a story for a long time.

I felt as if I had a line of cocaine once I turned off my console.

I just finished the game, also triggered the hidden final cutscene. What a phenomenal journey. Now I want to finish everything I have left to do but I have no idea where to start.

Edited by fashion

luisniko

So after searching and searching, I finally found this thing in stock (and in normal price). It apparently has becoming very rare in my place and I was very lucky to be able to find one.

ID0ShIc.jpg

This is called Hori Wired Controller Light. It turned out that the one I bought was a Japanese imported product as can be seen from the packaging design and manual sheet.

F7enUW8.jpg

UfGZNtJ.jpg

oZtlxI8.jpg

This is the definitive shaved-up PS4 controller; it's wired, no light bar, no touch pad (replaced with touch pad simulation), no extension port, no earphone jack, no speaker, no gyro sensor, and no vibration. The result is very light-weight.

The body is matte in the front and glossy in the back (at least from this white version), the right and shoulder buttons are glossy, the D-pad is textured, concave, and all directions are connected into one chunk, the analogs are also concaved, textured plastic, and the rest (Options, Share, fake touch pad, touch pad sim) are rubber.

This controller introduces a touch pad simulation just in case. You need to press the 'TP' button just under in-between the analog sticks to activate the Touch Pad system and simulate the touch with the analog sticks.

JDnnMWb.jpg

This controller is lacking the pressure-sensitive L2-R2. So this can affect your driving performance in games. You still can 'airy' press them, but the result will be unstable because the button is meant to be fully pressed.

The so-called fake Touch Pad button is present to serve as an additional control button. Although it only work as a single button. The original Dualshock 4 Touch Pad serves as 2 buttons. So unless I'm missing something, I think this controller is crippled if the game has left, right Touch Pad, and Options buttons assigned into 3 different commands.

The S/T/O/X buttons are larger than Vita's while the D-pad is somewhat the same size.

QIxlRA1.jpg

This is an official PlayStation licensed product and that means plugging it to PC and Microsoft will still be cheeky enough to switch the analog direction upside-down. So yeah, sadly you will still need third party DS4 controller app when you wanna use it properly on PC.

That's all. I believe the price originally is around USD30. It's cute, it's light-weight and sturdy. It excludes almost every single DS4 bloatwares and I'm quite sure it's well compatible with recent games that pretty much only use the essential buttons (which is I also think why Hori decided to drop everything else). I think it's just crazy how the Dualshock 4 can be reduced into this size and price. I tested this with Far Cry 5, Ghost Recon Wildlands, and Driveclub for a bit and apart from still being unfamiliar with the sizing, everything works just right.

I think Sony should follow Hori's example and make Dualshock 4 Slim that keeps the size, but remove the cost-bloating hardware.

I'm two trophies away from platinuming GoW. I need to find the remaining treasure spots and round up Niflheim. I admit, Niflheim is a massive grind so I switched to easy mode. I absolutely loved Muspelheim though and collecting all of the collectibles.

I'm not sure if I should play my next playthrough on Give me God of War or play it on normal/hard.

Just how hard is the hardest difficulty? I want to wait for photomode and have a good time taking pics too. If it's just one big frustration, I think I'll play on something easier.

Jason

I've heard that the GoW difficulty is pretty rough. Not my played it my self, but I've seen it likened to a new game plus mode but without the benefit of starting with good gear and skills. There's people who've soldiered through it though so it's not impossible or anything.

Yeah, also the thing that scares me a little is how you can't switch back to an easier difficulty later on. I think I'll leave it for the 3rd playthrough.

I want to replay the game mainly for the story and photomode once it's there, then give it a long break and replay it for the challenge.

There's a mindblowing, strongly hinted theory that

the World Serpent is Kratos who was transformed and kicked back in time during Ragnarok

and I want to take one more look at those hints myself. Plus, it's simply an amazing story and an amazing game and I simply want to replay it right away once I 100%ed it.

Jason

There's some great story theories floating about yea, really looking forward to how they play those out.

The implied time travel stuff sounds pretty crazy, gonna be hella cool if we actually play through those moments in later games

I need to get round to finishing of the last Valkyrie at some point as well, I might do Nilfheim but yea, it is pretty grindy. Really hoping they do some DLC for it, even if it's like Horizon and it's one expansion and done, they could base it on exploring one of the other realms or something like that.

feckyerlife
Posted (edited)

Interesting

http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-not-allowing-preorders-of-sony-games-2018-5

Frustrated Amazon customers can't buy certain video games — and nobody knows why

• Games published by Sony Interactive Entertainment are no longer available for preorder on Amazon. That includes many anticipated exclusives for Playstation 4.
  • Customers noticed the change in April, around the time that "God of War" was released.
  • Amazon usually courts gamers with perks like 20% off preorder titles for Prime members.
  • Nobody — not even Amazon customer service — seems to know what's going on.
Edited by feckyerlife

Jason

GameInformer sat down with some Sony Bend devs and played through the first hour of (pre-beta) Days Gone: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2018/05/10/watch-the-first-hour-of-days-gone.aspx

Haven't been particularly blown away by anything I've seen of this game so far but it still looks like it could be a decent bit of fun.

Also, the fact they're having such a big blowout for the game a month before E3 makes me think it's not gonna be a big focus for them at their E3 conference? Ghost of Tsushima to close the show maybe?

StormerBoy

Update 5.15 must have only just dropped, I can't find anything online about it.

So mnay updates these last few weeks 🤔

Utkash
Posted (edited)

I feel so lucky to discover thos forum. Foreva GTA FANGIRL

*link removed.

Edited by trip

trip
24 minutes ago, Utkash said:

*link removed.

Very good.

Please don't advertise though.

InstaNoodles

I got a problem. If I go into game chat, I can’t hear anyone that isn’t on my friends list.

For example, if I’m in a game of Rainbow Six and I’m on a team with a few friends and a couple randoms, I can hear my friends but I can’t hear the randoms.

The problem isn’t just with Rainbow Six. It’s with every game I have. I can’t hear anyone talking on GTA Online or in Burnout Paradise. I can see icons pop up that show people are talking but I can’t hear them. I’ve gone through EVERYTHING in settings and I cannot for the life of me figure out the problem. Please help!

luisniko
18 hours ago, InstaNoodles said:

I got a problem. If I go into game chat, I can’t hear anyone that isn’t on my friends list.

For example, if I’m in a game of Rainbow Six and I’m on a team with a few friends and a couple randoms, I can hear my friends but I can’t hear the randoms.

The problem isn’t just with Rainbow Six. It’s with every game I have. I can’t hear anyone talking on GTA Online or in Burnout Paradise. I can see icons pop up that show people are talking but I can’t hear them. I’ve gone through EVERYTHING in settings and I cannot for the life of me figure out the problem. Please help!

NAT problem maybe?

Didn't happen to me, but I know it happened to someone else in a PS3 and PS4 party chat last time.

AiraCobra
On 7/10/2018 at 5:45 AM, Utkash said:

*link removed.

On 7/10/2018 at 6:08 AM, trip said:

Very good.

Please don't advertise though.

Yup or else you'll be having every horny 13 to 70-year-old sending you PM's.

So has Sony added any new decent features in the last 6 months? I haven't turned my PS4 on in about 6 months so I haven't made any updates so was just wondering if it was worth doing so.

There was an issue though the last time I turned on my PS4 is because I wanted to use it for my External HDD instead of my TV when I plugged it in for some reason it says it can't be used or something anybody have any idea why?

I thought PS4 supported External HDD that had movies and tv shows on them or does it only recognize them if you've downloaded games onto them?

luisniko
2 hours ago, AiraCobra said:

There was an issue though the last time I turned on my PS4 is because I wanted to use it for my External HDD instead of my TV when I plugged it in for some reason it says it can't be used or something anybody have any idea why?

I thought PS4 supported External HDD that had movies and tv shows on them or does it only recognize them if you've downloaded games onto them?

Your ext HDD could be under NTFS format (which usually is the standard format it came with) and that's why I couldn't be read.

It has to be FAT32 if you want to make it readable by Playstation. So plug it to your computer and reformat it as FAT32. Needless to say, keep the data saved first before you do that.

AiraCobra

@luisniko okay thanks

Sadly I don't have any other devices that can hold the 3TB of data I have on it soon stuck with it being plugged into my TV.

It's not really a problem but sometimes my TV & Remote go full retard and won't recognize each other without me standing two feet away but after that it works fine