Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Flachbau

Official PS4 Topic

AiraCobra

I want to play the Getaway.

The Getaway is that game that is set in Britain where in one of the mission you go into a museum or something?

I was just thinking about that game the other day but couldn't remember the name of it

Tails Prower

Well System Software update today (08/03/18) puts to rest a bug bear of mine, we can now finally delete

game notifications and party chat invites once again so finally I can tidy up my PS4 notifications menu.

luisniko

Filled with another parental control stuff. Sounds like kids nowadays don't know discipline that their game has to be a hard quit.

ARTHUR.

Decided to try out the PS NOW free trial they had going. And god, what a wanky pos. Who's great idea was it to stream games? they should be taken outside and shot before the entire Sony workforce. The input lag is absolutely atrocious, just turning the camera around on RDR would produce motion blur so bad I had to vomit on my nan. The game played at about 11 fps so I had to endure running around like a midget until I aborted the game never to try it again on PS WOW™.

Next I decided to divulge in a game a game I had never played before, Heavy Rain. Everything was going great apart from some minor frame rate/resolution drops that is until the game had to display speeding traffic and hefty rainfall on screen simultaneously, god forbid it would have to manage something so strenuous. It went into toaster quality and crashed.

Since crashing Heavy Rain - trying to get into PS NOW would either result in my internet connection being too poor or having to a queue to play the game [whathesh*t?!] I can only guess it's some kind of homage to the third world.

Don't subscribe to PS NOW unless you have a direct connection to the PS Servers but even then don't buy it then either.

Another dick-ache I unearthed was being too impotent to take screenshots without being met with; 'Cannot take screenshots while using Playstation Now'. It was then I realised there's literally no point in this. I can appreciate it for introducing me to Heavy Rain which I will buy and own.

luisniko

I think game streaming has been going on for a while before PS Now started.

It just simply doesn't work.

There's an international wahmens day theme for free to download.

ARTHUR.

That's actually a pretty nice theme. Shame the Firewatch dynamic theme has set a bar so high, nothing can match it.

Kerimbjk

Anyone ever ran into an issue where their PS4 would just crash when a game is loading?

It all started after I got access to software update 4.5 beta. There was a discount on Rocket League, so I wanted to give it a try. Played some matches and a day after, I decided to downgrade back to software update 4.0. So I wanted to play Rocket League again, but it crashed right before the match starts. And the game kept crashing right at that point, so I gave up on Rocket League, I wasn't really good at it so I didn't mind the problem.

Anyway, since July 2017 (where Until dawn was free for PS+ member). Until dawn got the same problem, I was able to start a new game but once I try to load saved game, the game crashes. So I didn't mind that either, I was even scared to complete the game lol.

But then after taking a long break, I realized the next Tuesday (which was December 12), The doomsday heist was going to be released on GTA Online. So I got excited and I didn't had much to do on that Tuesday and Wednesday and thus I was looking for a long gaming session where I would checkout the new stuff.

The day has come, December 12. I cleaned up my PS4 (there was some dust on it..) and waited for the alert where it would say: a new update for Grand Theft Auto V is ready to be installed. So I got the alert, installed the update and I started GTA V.
The first thing I noticed, the game asks for the brightness (as if I cleared the cache or install the game for the first time, neither of those was the case). Anyway, I did the normal thing and kept pressing X. The game also didn't give me the option to go to online, I was forced to go to singleplayer.

But then! The game crashed at 90%. At that moment, I had a flashback to the moment where Rocket League and Until dawn kept crashing when trying to load it up.
So I did the normal things, restart the game, rebuild the database, reset the PS4 through the settings, reset the PS4 through safe mode, reset the PS4 and install the software through a USB and nothing changed the situation.

I keep on getting the error code CE-34878-0. Sometimes GTA V and GTA Online loads up, but then I have those moments where the sound would just glitch and make a lot of noise as if my TV gets broken.

Also, games like uno, action henk and Life is Strange (: before the storm) do work as if nothing happened.

TL:DR: Most games crash before it's done with loading, error code: CE-34878-0. The problem started with Rocket League and 6 months later, it happens with almost every game. I'm still able to play uno, action henk and life is strange (: before the storm) but I rather play GTA Online (which crashes).
Warranty period is over, actually a week before the doomsday update got released (December 12), was the last week of my warranty period.

luisniko

CE-34878-0 is a pretty common crash report code. The crash condition itself seems to also be very varied from stories around and of course the solution is pretty generic (reinstall game, rebuild database), let alone fix.

I got mine all of sudden in the middle of playing any game almost every time I play. That was few months ago and I did nothing for it. Now, never crash.

Posted (edited)

So, you guys enjoying Ratchet and Clank? I think it's a lot of fun. The graphics look amazing and I feel like I'm playing a Disney movie. Ratchet looks adorable. The combat is fun.

The story is a bit cringle but I'm the manchild playing a kids game so I can't complain about that.

I've also been playing Bloodborne DLC and Ludwig keeps killing me. He's brutal as hell. I don't know if I'll manage to beat him. Can't seem to find any coop partners.

Edited by fashion

DarksunDaFirst

So, you guys enjoying Ratchet and Clank? I think it's a lot of fun. The graphics look amazing and I feel like I'm playing a Disney movie. Ratchet looks adorable. The combat is fun.

The story is a bit cringle but I'm the manchild playing a kids game so I can't complain about that.

I've also been playing Bloodborne DLC and Ludwig keeps killing me. He's brutal as hell. I don't know if I'll manage to beat him. Can't seem to find any coop partners.

Not yet, I plan on getting there. Not in a rush to play the past couple of months of the PS+ game library titles.

Right now I'm just grinding my way through CoD: WWII - it's been quite a few years since I last bought a CoD title (BO2), and even longer for any title I owned for more than 2 months (MW2). It's grabbed my attention again, and after spending countless hours in Doom, I pretty much just slid right into this.

Anyone else getting Party errors whenever you go into a Party chat? I'm frequently getting them and being booted out, it's getting quite annoying. I know the system has a problem with my headset, causes games to lag, but this problem happens regardless if I have a headset or not so it seems to be a separate issue.

Laker23

Still haven't finished with many games, but thought I'd give R&C a whirl and boy, is it a fun game. Exactly how a remaster should be done. None of this half assed sh*t.

Loving every second, I'll go for the platinum because of that.

Mad Max and Trackmania Turbo are tomorrow's PS+ games. I already own Mad Max and enjoyed it a lot. Trackmania sounds fun but doesn't look like my type of game.

ARTHUR.

Oh wicked. I've had my eyes on Mad Max for a bit, while I've already got a hefty backlog there's not reason to not make it heftier.

Cosmic Gypsy
Posted (edited)

I want to play the Getaway.

The Getaway is that game that is set in Britain where in one of the mission you go into a museum or something?

I was just thinking about that game the other day but couldn't remember the name of it

Looking back, The Getaways a classic. Down to earth more serious/realistic GTA set in an accurate London. Controls were a bit clunky but the game as a whole was good enough to be able to look past that.

The detail on The Getaway was insane, no HUD, no mini map, you'd know where to go during a mission because your car would indicate for you telling you when to turn, licensed cars at that. Real shops if i remember correctly? Real place names i think, dense traffic, small streets and harsh crash damage. No health bar when shot, instead you'd have to limp to the nearest cover and wait to regain health. Traffic lights, street lights/posts/fences were solid and if you drove into them all you'd accomplish was wrecking your car. Everything about it was just mad convincing. I think the original version to be released actually had BT vans in the game (British Telecom) Pretty sure you had to steal a BT van in a mission, and BT didn't like that so had the mission removed or something?

Oh yeah, you can take hostages too, could teach GTA a thing or 2 even to this day.

Why the f*ck did they have to cancel The Getaway 3?

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

Matrelith
Posted (edited)

Couldn't find the thread about it, so I might as well post it here. This month a lot of information will be dumped about the new Spiderman game on PS4. This has been confirmed so far;

Spoilers ahead because obviously.

WORLD

• Avengers Tower, Sanctum Sanctorum and Wakandan Embassy confirmed ("both of which look fantastic" when referring to the latter two) but no heroes have been confirmed or deconfirmed.

• They overlayed a real map of NYC with Marvel's locations. Central Park and the Financial District are where they are supposed to be.

• Fisk Tower is allegedly not based off of Trump Towers and is designed to be very regal (lots of gold and the goons are wearing purple) and Fisk is interested in Japanese culture.

VILLAINS

• Newspaper articles chronicling the defeat of Vulture, Electro, Scorpion, Rhino in Peter's Apartment.

• Shocker confirmed (robbing a bank) and "looks a bit like Iron Man," but with his classic hood.

• Suspicions confirmed that the first mission is taking down Kingpin in a classic Spidey suit.

• Taskmaster side missions (one specifically cited is 3 bombs placed throughout NYC and Peter has to throw them off of the buildings and web them with R1 to suppress the explosion - you get more XP for more webs).

• Black Cat figurines to be found.

STORY/CHARACTERS

• In the beginning of the story Peter puts on webshooters in civilian clothes, this could be meaningless but could mean we get swinging Peter Parker!

• MJ is a photographer at the Daily Bugle and is playable.

• MJ has worked from the bottom up at Daily Bugle to become and investigative journalist.

• There is a Raimi-style scene with upside-down Spidey and MJ - but MJ is "giving him orders."

• MJ and Peter were on-again off-again for years but as of the beginning they have not spoken for 6 months.

• Miles is a huge Spider-Man fan and "his life becomes entangled with Peter's."

• Miles and MJ are playable. Only MJ was confirmed in the article.

• MJ will be playable at multiple points.

• Harry Osborn is overseas (at least initially) and you can do side-missions to check-in on his labs. Him and Peter are still in contact.

• The new suit is hinted to be related to Peter's scientific career, though no details provided.

• Peter's place of work is being kept a secret until release.

SUITS/ABILITIES/SWINGING/LEVEL-UP

• Many alternate suits with unique abilities for each.

• Can level up to get new gadgets, increase swinging speed, etc through a skill tree which can be customized for your play style. One of these upgrades is to redirect rockets from RPG's.

• Holding L3 triggers a nose dive, pressing X while swinging shoots "a different web - more of a zip or pull."

• You can not web swing above buildings or where there is nothing to physically web swing from (ala Spider-Man 2).

• The suit is designed to be quasi-realistic with respect to real-life athletic gear; the blue bits being flexible and the red bits being a tad more armoured/padded.

• By performing well, the player earns the chance to slow the combat flow to execute a finishing move by simultaneously pressing the triangle and circle buttons.

• Spider-Man Noir and Punk outfits have been confirmed, the author of the article speculated that the wrestling outfit would also be unlockable.

• You get XP for discovering locations.

• If you like one suit's ability you can move it to another suit

• 3 alternate suits confirmed: Classic, Noir, Punk

1. Classic gives Spidey 4x damage and glowing fists

2. It is unknown what Noir does, though it seems there is a gun on his hip.

3. Punk makes Spidey pull out a guitar and send a spherical shockwave that knocks down all enemies.

COMBAT

• Apparently combat feels quite fluid and has many options, though it can get confusing and overwhelming with the pace and acrobatics.

• There are stealth options, as we saw in the E3 video last year.

• Gadget wheel (trip-wire, web bomb and Spider-drone directly confirmed) activated by holding L1.

• All gadgets are limited supply.

DLC

• There will be NO microtransactions.

• The "City Never Sleeps Initiative" is Insomniac's plan to include DLC after release, the first of which being "The Heist," which focuses on Black Cat and is set in a museum.

ASSORTED

• Photo mode.

• Selfies with citizens (also high-fives and finger guns).

• Webbing basketballs and trying to make 3-pointers (lol). The author stated that they webbed the basketball and spun it around a few times before attempting the shot, possibly suggesting full control over the webs?

• There are random crimes in NYC with NO hero/menace (karma) meter.

• The backpacks (Peter's that he stashed in places days/weeks/months/years before) contain backstory and lore through audio clips.

• Background characters are "realistic" in Uncharted 4's style, apparently (a surprise party for Aunt May thrown by Peter and Li is directly cited).

• When walking down the street people act as though Spidey is just a normal guy ("Hey, what's up g?").

• Fast travel is done via subways (you need to be at a subway station) and there are cutscenes of Spidey on his phone while riding (as seen on the front page multiple times).

• R3 activates an Arkham/Eagle vision-type thing for revealing important things, illuminating them in a golden hue.

• Spider-Man will not be able to harm civilians.

• There are squirrels!

INTRIGUING

• The author mentioned that as they were web swinging the pedestrians and cars below did not disappear.

• Seems to have an Assassin's Creed-style stronghold takedown system relating to Kingpin's bases.

Some new gameplay

and the fast travel in action

v295txh917q01.gif

Edited by Matrelith

Turan

How come God of War and Spiderman don't have threads on here?

Anyway, both games are GOTY contenders for sure. Perhaps even GOTG if they live up to my personal expectations.

rome7

Has anyone tried this game ?

Turan

God of War has a 94 Metacritic. Based on that score it is the best PS4 exclusive.

But I'll decide that for myself after playing it :D Looks really nice though.

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Of course it's high rated. Gaming journalism and community is all about popularity and fame. So it's either follow the flow on or get sh*tted on.

---

Btw, new firmware has gone live. It adds stability in case your PS4 is about to fall off your rack.

Edited by luisniko

Turan

Of course it's high rated. Gaming journalism and community is all about popularity and fame. So it's either follow the flow on or get sh*tted on.

---

Btw, new firmware has gone live. It adds stability in case your PS4 is about to fall off your rack.

Are you trying to say GoW doesn't deserve that rating? You played the game then, what did you not like about it?

GoW looks exciting but I never played a GoW before. I know who Kratos is, what his story is about and what the gameplay of the new game as well as the older games looks like.

I loved Hellblade and Banner Saga and have been interested in norse mythology ever since.

I don't think they're just randomly giving out high ratings. From the looks of it, it really is a good game. But I'm not buying it right away. I'll wait for sale or so. I just don't feel hyped enough to run to the store and buy it at full price.

luisniko

---

Are you trying to say GoW doesn't deserve that rating? You played the game then, what did you not like about it?

I didn't say anything about the game.

I'm saying about how gaming community and so-called journalists treat video games and its rating matter.

Turan

---

I didn't say anything about the game.

I'm saying about how gaming community and so-called journalists treat video games and its rating matter.

Oh, my bad then.

You are right as far as the gaming community goes. I can't forget the sh*tstorm that ensued after Jim Sterling gave BOTW a 7/10. That may discourage some journalists.

Mr. Scratch

The only review I give a damn about is from ACG, and even then I don't really care about reviews all that much.

Laker23
Posted (edited)

Also never played a GOW game, might buy it way down the line. Backlog still needs to be finished.

Anytime AC Origins Gold Edition wants to fall more in price, that'd be great, too. Maybe I'm just a cheap bastard.

Edited by Laker23

luisniko

Oh, my bad then.

You are right as far as the gaming community goes. I can't forget the sh*tstorm that ensued after Jim Sterling gave BOTW a 7/10. That may discourage some journalists.

Well I don't know about Jim Sterling and (Zelda)BOTW but I know he's nothing different than anyone in the pool.

There's also no such thing as 'review' in video games. At least not anymore. It's all just "This game is bad because it's bad and I don't like the way it is", then insert nitpicks and cherry pick some 'evidence' to push their crap down the line. And then the audience is like "X reviewer is talking sense because he's saying what basically I want to say and hear about the game, so he's right, legit, game is sucks/great."

That why I no longer watch review for video games while still do for things like gadgets.

I'm not the biggest supporter of reviews either and I know that GoW is a hype beast but

chgdw8E.jpg

That looks impressive. If it's not an excellent game then I'm going to be incredibly disappointed. I won't get it anytime soon but my expectations are high.

Johan

Even GiantBomb gave it a 10.... guess the hype must be real.

Zello
Posted (edited)

Looking back, The Getaways a classic. Down to earth more serious/realistic GTA set in an accurate London. Controls were a bit clunky but the game as a whole was good enough to be able to look past that.

The detail on The Getaway was insane, no HUD, no mini map, you'd know where to go during a mission because your car would indicate for you telling you when to turn, licensed cars at that. Real shops if i remember correctly? Real place names i think, dense traffic, small streets and harsh crash damage. No health bar when shot, instead you'd have to limp to the nearest cover and wait to regain health. Traffic lights, street lights/posts/fences were solid and if you drove into them all you'd accomplish was wrecking your car. Everything about it was just mad convincing. I think the original version to be released actually had BT vans in the game (British Telecom) Pretty sure you had to steal a BT van in a mission, and BT didn't like that so had the mission removed or something?

I think that's also the reason why they haven't remastered it or ported over to the PS4. They made a mistake using real companies and cars sure it sounded good at the time but licenses expire and it becomes a huge mess now. I don't give a sh*t if a billboard says Burger king or a fake burger place in the game.

Edited by Zello