Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,102 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Flachbau

Official PS4 Topic

Matrelith

Man, I haven't touched a Sims game since the original first one... and even then most of my playthroughs were speedruns with friends to see who could kill their characters the fastest. Good times.

As for the free games, I'm pleasantly surprised to see Batman being free next month. I've been meaning to get that game for a while now. Not really sure if I'll pick up Mankind Divided. I liked Human Revolution but from what I remember MD wasn't as good.

Spaghetti Cat

Mankind Divided was actually pretty good, but it was way too short and set up a sequel which doesn't look like is happening.

BUT THE BENZ

in germany (I guess in europe as a whole?) they raised the 1-year-PS+ membership from 50 to 60 €. they already went from 40 to 50 last year or the year before that. BIG TIME RIP OFF. and I simply wanted to play Red Dead Online....tsss

I will let it expire in january...then wait for the Red Dead delay....and then (maybe) I will get my PS+ sh*t back once it released. the f*ck!?

time has come, 2 days left, or maybe just 1?! I don't even know...

guess I gotta spend that time doing some stupid things in GTAO...as long as I still got the opportunity

Just buy it when black friday comes next year. I bought mine two black fridays ago, around june or so. I expect I'll run out of PS+ around when there's a black friday.

Spaghetti Cat

IIRC places like Amazon have deals on the PS Cards that are sometimes 10% - 20% off. You might want to check out deals like that if you don't want to pay full price.

luisniko
Posted (edited)

Yea, I wouldn't have bought PS+ last year if it wasn't for my friend asking for co-op play (only to see him playing like doing me a favor and stopped playing a month later). Still though, while my region didn't have price hike yet, I wouldn't f*cking buy it without discount and/or cashback coupons used (I buy physical voucher).

I'll justify last year's purchase with the Just Cause 3 and MGSV TPP rentals which more or less would cost me the same if I buy and sell them.

Edited by luisniko

B_Smiles

Huh, didn't notice the january sales till yesterday. Bully, gta sa, gta3 etc. are £5 now, already bought manhunt..

∴

Might have to pick III up, £5 is an absolute steal.

AiraCobra

Anybody have any idea on why a PS4 controller won't sync to the PS4 even when it's plugged into the PS4?

When I plug in the controller the light goes yellow for a second then shuts off and when I press the PS button the light blue light starts flashing like it does when it's trying to connect but it just keeps flashing never connecting

You sure you connected the controller after fully turning on the console? Turn on your PS4, then connect the cable.

Light shutting off isn't a good sign. Does it happen when you try to load the controller somewhere else? I sometimes load it with a mobile phone charger and the light is orange all the time.

AiraCobra

You sure you connected the controller after fully turning on the console? Turn on your PS4, then connect the cable.

Light shutting off isn't a good sign. Does it happen when you try to load the controller somewhere else? I sometimes load it with a mobile phone charger and the light is orange all the time.

Yup, I tried several ways to see if it would connect and nada

Do you mean like an A/C Plug with Micro or a regular Micro-USB cord?

If so I'm using a regular Micro-USB cord I found laying around in fact I tried 3 difference ones

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

luisniko

For the recharging issue, try to recharge it without PS4. Connect it to your PC/laptop through USB cable or use your mobile phone charging plug or using a powerbank. Sometimes your PS4 USB port is just worn out (like my PS3) or your controller micro USB port is the one that is worn out. If nothing works, then probably the battery is out of service.

As for connection, try connecting your controller to PS4 with the USB cable when your PS4 is still off. Then press the PS button to turn it on. Still can't? Turn on the PS4 manually. When it's at the main menu, press the PS button. If still doesn't work, then probably your bluetooth port is done for.

AiraCobra

I just realized my PS4 was in resting mode not turned off completely since I couldn't use my controller to turn it off, I was using the manual on/off switch so I'll unplug the PS4 to get it to shut down completely and then I'll try and charge the controller using a regular outlet and then I'll try that.

tbh, This is the first time I've tried to use my PS4 in almost a year and a half as I mostly play on PC and I have a Smart TV so I don't need it for Hulu or Netflix anymore

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

You can turn off your PS4 manually without the controller by holding the off button for 7 seconds. It'll make a second beep and go off. Unplugging can potentially damage your hdd but hasn't happened to me. Had to unplug it a few times due to crash/freeze. I eventually discovered that you can also turn off a frozen console by holding the off button until it goes off. Never held it for long enough before that and thought when it's frozen, that's it.

Edited by fashion

luisniko

Holding the power button for 7 seconds is a hard switch-off. Do that during emergency only.

Although, if I'm not wrong, when PS4 doesn't have a problem occurring, the hard switch-off will end up doing the soft switch-off (by showing the usual turning-off reminder screen). But you should get the idea of the feature still.

Edited by luisniko

Algonquin Assassin

Is anyone else having trouble accessing their profile? Everytime I click on my avatar it brings up an error message something along the lines that the network could be busy and try again later. It’s been doing this for a couple of days.

When I trouble shoot by reading the suggested actions it suggests updating the system, but it’s already been updated.

AiraCobra

You can turn off your PS4 manually without the controller by holding the off button for 7 seconds. It'll make a second beep and go off. Unplugging can potentially damage your hdd but hasn't happened to me. Had to unplug it a few times due to crash/freeze. I eventually discovered that you can also turn off a frozen console by holding the off button until it goes off. Never held it for long enough before that and thought when it's frozen, that's it.

Holding the power button for 7 seconds is a hard switch-off. Do that during emergency only.

Although, if I'm not wrong, when PS4 doesn't have a problem occurring, the hard switch-off will end up doing the soft switch-off (by showing the usual turning-off reminder screen). But you should get the idea of the feature still.

For some reason it wasn't wanting to power off completely for me when holding the power button down it kept going into REST MODE so I had to unplug it in order to get it to shut it off completely but even after doing that it still wasn't recognizing the controller.

I was about to give up and count the controller as a lost and toss it until I decided to try my 6 foot power cord that came with my XB1 controller and whatdaya know? The light bar finally turned yellow and when I pressed the PS button it connected and turned on the PS4.

So apparently my PS4 is picky about what cords it want connected to it, No gas station Micro-USB cords for him, Only premium cords will do for this fella.

Cheeky bastard

Is anyone else having trouble accessing their profile? Everytime I click on my avatar it brings up an error message something along the lines that the network could be busy and try again later. It’s been doing this for a couple of days.

When I trouble shoot by reading the suggested actions it suggests updating the system, but it’s already been updated.

Have you tried accessing it via the PS App?

If you still get the error on the app most likely the PS Servers are taking a dump and will be back soon but if it works on the app then it could be an issue with PS4 Servers only or a simple internet connection issue with your personal router.

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Algonquin Assassin

Have you tried accessing it via the PS App?

If you still get the error on the app most likely the PS Servers are taking a dump and will be back soon but if it works on the app then it could be an issue with PS4 Servers only or a simple internet connection issue with your personal router.

Just tried accessing through the app and it appears to work. I haven't been on my PS4 yet to test it out, but thanks for the help buddy. :^:

AiraCobra

Hopefully it's just a bug

AiraCobra

Don't know how credible this article is or the person they got the info from but apparently there is a Homebrew Jailbreak that play pirated games one of the first pirated games "released" is Grand Theft Auto V.

But with Sony being on top of things with regards to other Jailbreak attempts not long after the Jailbreak was "announcements" Sony put out a mandatory update to where they have no choice but to update or not be able to use their console until doing so effectively killing the Jailbreak and with the announcements of Pirated Games Sony will put out and update that will allow the system to detect Pirated Games and Ban their system ID that even changing PSN won't work as they'll be console banned.

At least I'd hope they would because those who pirate games only drive up the prices of retail games for the rest of us.

Tokasmoka

I just realized I've been paying for PS+ for the past few months and not even using it so I cancelled it today. The only games I play online are GTA(haven't played since July) and Hockey(didn't buy it this year). What a waste.

luisniko

Yea, because they will set up an auto renew in the settings without even letting you know. And so you know what happens when you have credit card or sufficient balance in your account: Daylight robbery.

Algonquin Assassin

Yeah. Id say it was. Now its back to working fully.

With regards to PS+ I turned off auto renew as soon as I got it, but its pretty crap it wont let you know. Anything to squeeze out more money. Its bullsh*t.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

That's why I never even thought about connecting my credit information to PS4. When it's not DDOS attacks, it's auto renewal or Sony almost randomly banning you. Problems with your card? Here, have a ban!

I've read countless issues regarding linking your CC to Sony. I rather simply buy codes. Used to buy 3 month ones if I wanted to play online but stepped over to 12 month codes two black fridays ago. Hopefully BF will be around the same day when I last bought it. 40 euros, one code and peace the whole year.

Rebel

Oh man I hate how many horror stories I've read about having your CC or Paypal linked to the account. Sony doesn't give a f*ck about what happens to your account or what stuff ends up being purchased if your account gets compromised. I also dislike they make it a ball ache to even turn off the auto renew stuff. Hell, I just bought another years worth of Ps+ for £48 and it freaking pains me so much. The only game I play right now and have for awhile has been SP games. But yknow EA are a bunch of assholes and have decided that with the new Madden that YOU HAVE TO HAVE PS+ in order to even play a single player franchise mode. Just so that you're actually given all of the player and roaster updates. Its complete madness.

Tokasmoka

Yeah it's lame. Someone can fire up your ps4 and buy every game without even a confirmation but go and cancel PS+ and you have to jump through metaphoric hoops in order to do so. I didn't know that about Madden but the season is over so maybe no more updates? I've been just playing Skyrim, if I need PS+ to play offline games then I'll just unhook my ps4 all together until a game like RDR2 comes out.

AiraCobra

Yeah. Id say it was. Now its back to working fully.

With regards to PS+ I turned off auto renew as soon as I got it, but its pretty crap it wont let you know. Anything to squeeze out more money. Its bullsh*t.

When I played on PS I never,added my CC# PS+ & Games were bought with Gift Cards so if anything were to happen to happen to my account and go hacked nothing could be bought bc Sony bans accounts that do chargeback regardless of unauthorized use or not.

Wow, I didn't realize how bad the spell check is on my phone til I re-read my post

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Algonquin Assassin

That's why I never even thought about connecting my credit information to PS4. When it's not DDOS attacks, it's auto renewal or Sony almost randomly banning you. Problems with your card? Here, have a ban!

I've read countless issues regarding linking your CC to Sony. I rather simply buy codes. Used to buy 3 month ones if I wanted to play online but stepped over to 12 month codes two black fridays ago. Hopefully BF will be around the same day when I last bought it. 40 euros, one code and peace the whole year.

I guess there's pros and cons for both. Personally I like the convenience of using my bank card for purchases. Code cards are much safer security wise, BUT the one thing I always disliked was getting a dodgy one when you peeled back to reveal the code messing up a digit or more making the code worthless.

That's happened to me a few times. Spent $30 to top up my wallet only for a few of the digits to get smudged or something and furiously trying to figure it out. I haven't bought a code card in about two years.

AiraCobra

Check out G2A.com, I got my play PS+ Code from there and It was around $8 cheaper then If i bought it retail