Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,121 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Cmajor

HARDEST GAME?

Cmajor

After replaying gta sa, i've noticed that alot of the missions are near impossible, e.g Zero's stupid plane mission and the plane school. Do you think that this could be the most difficult gta, and if not, which one do you think is harder?

Leone Family

No I don't think the game is difficult. As for the plane school I totally ace it so I don't see how people could think it's difficult. But when I was a kid back in 2004 then yes I tought the game was difficult because there were missions that I couldn't complete and when I would complete them there would sometimes be random events during unskippable cutscenes that would screw up everything and would force me to start over again, like for example a car once hit the district attorney during the cutscene at the end of "555 We Tip", completely screwing up the cutscene which would never end. Also I couldn't complete the mission "Madd Dogg" (I learned in 2014 that it was actually caused by a very rare game breaking bug). But now I know that it's not because the game was difficult, but rather because I must have been the most unlucky player of GTA SA for having that much game breaking glitches and unfortunate events in my very first save file. It's almost like the game knew I was too young to play that game so it made sure I would never complete it until I give up and try again years later just to see that it was just a case of astronomically extreme bad luck x)

Maybe the save file is cursed or something? :lol:

Steezy.

Nah, GTA 3 was the hardest

Edited by Steezy.

B Dawg

Pretty much only GTA 3.

DOUGL4S1

GTAs III and Vice City were hard, but I'll go with Vice City for the hardest.

universetwisters

V. I've been stuck on Boiler Suits for the past three years.

DimitriFaustin

I'd say London 1961 as you have to be perfect and precise with all the missions, not a single one of them isn't timed if memory serves me right.

jaljax

Zero's missions were really easy. i'd say all the 2D Era Gta's & Gta 3.

Spadge

GTA 3 was tough, destroying the coffee/stores or whatever it was when you had to go through Saint Marks with all the mobster shooting at you with Spaz12's

Edited by Spadge

eCola

Nope. London 1961 is difficult, unless you like timed missions, of course.

Femme Fatale

GTA 3 ftw.

ProKiller93

gta games arent that hard tbh but I'll say San Andreas

Spadge

Well the top down titles were in a different league, we should split them up for the sake of this topic, because there's no comparison there.

VictorVance1239

GTA 3 and Vice City. I'm thinking Rockstar toned the difficulty down in the games after those because of complaints.

Richie Makyura

GTA 3 is the Hardest!!!! o_o FBI and the Army no have mercy with you, in 5 seconds, you are wasted :v

EkaSwede

GTA

One hit kills you. Body Armour blocks 3 hits

Cops only have to touch you to instantly bust you. Killing a cop gives you 3 "wanted heads" out of 4.

There's no indication of when a car's about to explode. It can be a collision away from explosion without you knowing it.

Machine guns absolutely wreck cars

You can't save while in a level.

You can't replay a mission you failed.

EDIT: And wanted levels NEVER go away on their own. Have to use a pay 'n spray IF you know where they're located.

Still a fun game, though.

Edited by EkaSwede

Ghost Pulaski

III is the hardest

Mister Pink

I think San Andreas was the hardest, especially for 100% completion. The downhill Chilliad Challenge, triathlon, BMX challenge, NRG 500 challenge and all gold in driving school. I think it poses the most variety of challenges. That mixed with new mechanics of actually flying and having to use flying skills to complete missions or flight school and get 100% gold. III was challenging but doesn't offer the scale and variety of challenges San Andreas did at the time. Never mind all the collectibles.

Stoney0503

London 1961 is for people who have truly mastered timed missions.

kaetsyth

III is the hardest, not because of the missions by themselves but by the design and the abilities of the character back then : unable to bail out of a car, awful auto lock and camera that got improved in VC, for example. 100 AP and 125 HP at maximum, wanted level increasing super fast, and deadly FBI and army with M16s that kill you in not even a couple of seconds. One Pay'n'Spray per town, no map. Enemies that carry Rocket Launchers. You can even be unable to finish the game 100% if you're not careful enough about the order you pass missions. And by the time you finish the game you still get hated by all Portland and half Staunton and Shoreside.

VC was ridiculously easy, all missions that I can think of being "hard" can be tricked (Death Row, The Driver, Cop Land). The whole game is easy as pie since you can get 150 HP, 150 AP and infinite sprint without any difficulty in two hours of gameplay right after the first cutscene, while in III the Ambulance was more of a pain to drive especially with the hills of Portland even though the timers were not punishing if you were careful with the vehicle (and of course, without any gang hate).

It got a bit harder on SA especially at the beginning since CJ is weak as hell but once you get a couple of weapons and get a bit better in shape the game doesn't offer any hard challenge outside of a couple of side stuff like driving school or the NRG-500 bike course.

I didn't really play IV, and V didn't felt hard, maybe more balanced than the III-era, but way more boring.

Shakermaker

III because of the lack of skills (cover, shooting etc...) from the main character.

Johnny Spaz

GTA III was difficult throughout the game, GTA IV, San Andreas and Vice City just had their fair share of difficult missions. But that's normal.

universetwisters

GTA 1 is the hardest game. I threw it at a window and it broke the window!

(Ambient)

III and SA are the hardest. III, because, as many people said, the lack of Claude's proper abilities. SA, because its difficult missions (they are possible to complete, but you need to know some tip 'n' tricks).

Testarossa

I'd say either Vice City Stories or Liberty City Stories because of the stupid PSP controls but hey, maybe I'm just bad at them.

Queen Elizabeth II

GTA III and VC where the hardest. I always died when I wanted to exit the boat and get to the ground.