3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Boywond

The Vanillaworks

Boywond

I would suggest returning to the original wheels though as it suits the car better

Issi is using original wheels, I just used these for photos cause I thought they would fit better.

GA4397

Replying to GhostRiderPT's post

Thanks for releasing an addon with all your work so far, much easier this way. Will it be updated every time a vehicle is released?

And now some offtopic about this whole Deluxo talk... you guys can't shut up with it can you, look at what you made do

yNnDw2D.jpg

8XbjvKl.jpg

Still a work in progress, lots of stuff left to do. Needs more Alpine DNA

Open both images in a separate tab and switch between them to spot all the differences

Rims from an alpine V6, not entirely sure if they are stock or aftermarket, but seem to match the original deluxo wheels quite well, VW Corrado headlights, front end rearranged and started widening the fenders... when the time comes for the front bumper i'm thinking of removing the indicators and putting them below, along with adding a more aggressive lip like this, but obviously not as extreme

This is amazing (Nice PS skill anyway, good job). As far as i know, Deluxo was inspired from many cars besides DeLorean and Alpine GTA, such as Audi Quattro and VW Corrado. I think it will be more interesting if we have Alpine GTA's iconic rear quarter windows and triangular C pillars though.

Renault-alpine-gta-b.jpg

low-poly Deluxo

06895c-Deluxo%202.jpg

Edited by GA4397

Carrythxd

Thanks for releasing an addon with all your work so far, much easier this way. Will it be updated every time a vehicle is released?

Yes

GhostRiderPT

Yes

Awesome! :D Been meaning to try most of the paintjobs but I was always too lazy to add them manually

Posted a Deluxo update here, seemed more appropriate, don't want to further derail this thread

Rented

Voltic Deluxo since Voltic seems to mean miscellaneous for rockstar

Edit:

Volitc Deluxo :D:D

U can see that I'm tired I was meant to write Coil Deluxo

Edited by Rented

deadbob777

I'm not sure if maybe the OIV messed up, but the Issi Hardtop instrument cluster isn't visible in car, while it is outside the car, and the rear 3 windows can't be broken.

Claude_Lib

Can I also throw in a suggestion (as in, not a request in any possible and impossible way)? Vulkar (or is it Vulcar?) Warrener Custom, turned into an RHD, with a bunch of bumpers, spoilers, skirts and other Benny's stuff.

GogoGTA

Emperor, Fathom, Vulcar Deluxo for example would fit, but because the DeLorean brand doesn't have a lore friendly version of it's brand the easiest way, in my opinion, is to call it the Deluxo DWC-12, someone suggested this name some posts ago and it works. No other car is based on the DeLorean therefore this brand doesn't exist. So why not we make it?

Rented

Well I was just thinking cause it could be a great since Coil makes all types of stuff from rally fighters, electric cars, guns and a rocket car that already has some similarities to the time machine so it's the most suitable brand imo

Jinx.

Yeah, Coil would probably be the only choice that is creative and not a 1:1 chinese ripoff version of a real life brand of the car.

Johnny362000

You guys realise we can add new brands, right? Rockstar already did it with the T20 and the Typhoon in IVPack has a new manufacturer (Modena). Deluxo can easily be the manufacturer name

Edited by Johnny362000

Rented

You guys realise we can add new brands, right? Rockstar already did it with the T20 and the Typhoon in IVPack has a new manufacturer (Modena). Deluxo can easily be the manufacturer name

Yeah but why would be if we don't have to, progen was in the beta so there's police scanner files leftoved, plus this way it's more lore.

Johnny362000

Yeah but why would be if we don't have to, progen was in the beta so there's police scanner files leftoved, plus this way it's more lore.

It's incredibly simple to add a new manufcaturer. It takes almost no effort. We don't have to mod the game at all, we don't need to do a lot of things that we do, but we do it for our own enjoyment

Police scanner files don't really matter because the game has failsafes incase there's no file for that manufacturer or vehicle and they still needed to add the text strings for Progen. Hell, half the DLC cars have no police scanner files.

"plus this way it's more lore"

I don't understand this part? Wouldn't adding a new manufacturer be more lore? If you meant lore-friendly then it still makes more sense to have Deluxo as its own manfucaturer as none of the manufacturers in the game are really befitting of a boxy 80s mid-engine sports/supers based on an Alpine/Delorean

GogoGTA

@Johnny362000 I'm totally backing you on this man.

deadbob777

@Johnny362000 Exactly, no other brand fits, it only makes sense to have it be it's own brand. Look at the Modena Typhoon in the IV pack, that's it's own brand and it works perfectly fine.

Edited by deadbob777

Rented

Whatever G

Edit:

We might as well give it a different same McLovin HIV, Industrial oh yeah suits it better, I don't see why it would be called Deluxo anyway, it's not like been it's original name, nooo.

Or it's not like Coil designs these far out spacecraft, oh and because it's so simple, even simpler than adding a new brand we should not even make a lore friendly model, just download a delorean from 5mods and add it to the pack.

You should start looking into quality control careers

Edited by Rented

deadbob777

It kinda looks like a little kids power wheels if anyone remembers those, if it were stretched a bit longer that would be awesome.

Boywond

I appreciate your input, but guys, could you please stop derailing the thread with Deluxo discussion?

Anyway, back on topic. Next car to be released and added to the pack is Benefactor Surano Hardtop:

iPCPT3G.png

HWHQHYc.png

It will feature proper gullwing doors and working active spoiler as well.

GA4397

I appreciate your input, but guys, could you please stop derailing the thread with Deluxo discussion?

Anyway, back on topic. Next car to be released and added to the pack is Benefactor Surano Hardtop:

iPCPT3G.png

HWHQHYc.png

Finally, a proper hardtop Surano with working active spoiler!

Anyway, Boywond, do these Vanillaworks' cars have working wipers too? (I have never (and always forget to) test them in the game :lol: pardon my laziness :( )

Boywond

Anyway, Boywond, do these Vanillaworks' cars have working wipers too? (I have never (and always forget to) test them in the game :lol: pardon my laziness :( )

Nope, they don't.

Loku22

Wow! Very good, I love their cars!

@boywond When you can remember to fix the instrument panel of the Issi Hardtop.

Thank you! :)

GogoGTA

iPCPT3G.png

HWHQHYc.png

Yes! Another thing that was missing from the base game and later added by the Vanillaworks team. Good job, mates.

Carrythxd

@boywond When you can remember to fix the instrument panel of the Issi Hardtop.

Thank you! :)

We unfortunately have no idea what's wrong with the gauges. Nothing was changed on the dashboard so everything should still be working like normal, but for some reason they just don't. If we can figure out what's wrong with them we'll fix it, if not then the car will just have no gauges.

deadbob777

I wonder if the issue with the issi is reflections from the roof that it's not expecting or something like that, I have no clue how that works in GTA5, so I'm probably talking out my ass.

gunziness

Boywond,loving the Surano update. Now that you guys are into it, could I make a suggestion? That is, to add reverse and turning lights on the rear. The car really needs them and it would be easier to asign them within the lights shape, similar to the Bestia GTS's for example, not to mention it would also add that extra detail into the overall design.

PD: are you guys going to update the civilian ETR1 with the bugs fixed in the future?

Edited by gunziness

GogoGTA

@Boywond Do you think you'll be making more NFS inspired car liveries?

Boywond

We shall see, in fact, you probably will see something interesting on that matter soon :p

In other news, I started learning how to use ZModeler:

xVe5Csd.jpg

This is Nakamura SI-7 ripped from Burnout Paradise by me. I'm planning to get rid of everything exept the bodyshell and make it completely lore-friendly. Although I might drop it eventually if work will be too frustrating, so I'm not promising anything about this one.

Big thanks to Kerman and Voit Turyv for showing me some basics :)

PS: Gensai Pack got an update, added a new livery for RE-7B, link as always in the OP :)

Johnny362000

We shall see, in fact, you probably will see something interesting on that matter soon :p

xVe5Csd.jpg

This is Nakamura SI-7 ripped from Burnout Paradise by me. I'm planning to get rid of everything exept the bodyshell and make it completely lore-friendly. Although I might drop it eventually if work will be too frustrating, so I'm not promising anything about this one.

PS: Gensai Pack got an update, added a new livery for RE-7B, link as always in the OP :)

Are you planning to keep it FWD or make it RWD? I wouldn't mind making some handling for it ;)

Edited by Johnny362000

GA4397

xVe5Csd.jpg

Great!! But, wait, so you just started learning ZModeler? I thought you used ZModeler to edit vanillaworks' cars. What software did you use then?