Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,630 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
CountdownIIExtinction

This game is AWESOME!

CountdownIIExtinction

Earlier this year, I complained and cried like a bitch about Vice City.

I was wrong.

I hereby apologize to hardcore fans and to anyone who's feelings I might have hurt.

I have to admit I had great fun replaying Vice City from start to finish. I had a blast. In the beginning it felt depressing because it brought too many childhood memories. When I got to Haitians/Cubans part and biker bar missions - f*cking hardcore.

VRock - best videp game radio station ever. New wave this, pal!

Tommy Vercetti - one of the coolest video game protagonist ever.

Exceptional voice acting.

And talk radio is surprisingly mature and sophisticated. When I was a teenager I thought VCPR sucked but I couldn't understand the topics they were talking about.

Plus, Vice City has surprisingly deep story.

I strongly recommend replaying GTA Vice City.

Replaying this game was a good time and tons of fun. I can now understand why it is some people's favorite game and favorite GTA.

Evil empire

Nice to see you love it.

I prefer GTA San Andreas. When I see someone doesn't appreciate a game I love I just think it's too bad for the person because she misses something great.

Edited by Evil-Empire

Rocking Shiv

i replayed this game 6 or 7 times

ROCKSTAR MANIC

80s Miami Cocaine Cowboys alone deserved my attention. The music, theme, etc. Thats what got me. Congrats on the eye opening experience.

MrAlexVercetti

im glad u love it :D it worths the playtime, and cheers to those who still plays this game!! im one of them who still plays this game everyday for 2hrs lol.

Nico

I plan replaying VC this year, but dunno when, last time was on April 2015. The best game of the PS2 days without a doubt. Meanwhile III barely has a story (instead is just challenging) and SA is basically an incoherent journey for a gangbanger across the state, VC feels like an authentic crime game. Don't get me wrong, they're all brilliant titles, but in my opinion VC overshadows all the other GTA games of the PS2 days.

GTAUrbanCamping

Wish I had a console that I can replay it on. At my age it came out, I probably didnt appreciate it the way it shoulda been.

Evil empire

Play it on PC, it's much better. You can't use mods or trainers on console except if I'm wrong.

Algonquin Assassin

Indeed it is. The only thing I'd chnage about it is the aiming because aiming in the 3D era is honestly sh*t. Other than that imperfection it's a classic. It's actually the GTA I have the most version of..

PS2

PS3

PS4

PC

dzakyvclover

i am one of them who still plays this game everyday for 4hours (with making the mod)

kaetsyth

Started a fresh game two weeks ago, currently at 80% without using any help for the packages and jumps and 120 hours of playtime, been rocking SA before and I enjoy the simplicity of VC and the fact that it has a lot of III philosophy into a more colorful and evolved environment.

I think I have around 400 hours of VC in total and I have 530 hours on a single VCS save game. I really love the town and the 80s feeling of those games.

Edited by kaetsyth

Journey_95

Its a masterpiece, replayed it a dozen times probably..

BLADE_San_Andreas

One of the most fun games i have ever played

ITS JUST SO MUCH FUN DAMMIT I CANT EVEN EXPLAIN WHY

Evil empire

It's a great improvement compared to GTA III but GTA San Andreas largely overcomes VC in many points, at least IMO.

Journey_95

It's a great improvement compared to GTA III but GTA San Andreas largely overcomes VC in many points, at least IMO.

Sure in many points its better (gameplay wise especially) but I also feel like in some ways it goes for quantity instead of quality. We have 3 cities but especially SF and LV aren't very well done. The story also gets weird after Green sabre (while VC remains consistent and has a clear goal) and some of the missions are too OTT (worst offenders are green goo and black project) and there is a good amount of filler (Zero bs).

I would have liked the game more if it was more focused like VC. Only two cities max, more consistent written protagonist and better told story.

Edited by Journey_95

Son of Zeus

Agreed. VC was good but SA was where the series peaked. Then we had IV...

Edited by Son of Zeus

Evil empire

Sure in many points its better (gameplay wise especially) but I also feel like in some ways it goes for quantity instead of quality. We have 3 cities but especially SF and LV aren't very well done. The story also gets weird after Green sabre (while VC remains consistent and has a clear goal) and some of the missions are too OTT (worst offenders are green goo and black project) and there is a good amount of filler (Zero bs).

I would have liked the game more if it was more focused like VC. Only two cities max, more consistent written protagonist and better told story.

Las Venturas lacks of charm and diversity but San Fierro is well made, it gives a feeling of freedom and quietness.

Contrary to GTA VC San Andreas' story brings surprises and a huge diversity of missions. Vice City's story lacks of surprise and many interesting points are dramatically under-exploited. SA's story is consistent and overall it also applies to CJ ; after The green sabre he prevents the Ballas from expanding their influence, works to free Sweet and exploits other means to be rich. SA's story is less self-explanatory than VC's but I prefer SA anyway.

Apart for that rubbish crap Supply lines piece of $hit mission I like Zero's missions set and yes many plane-related missions are very painful to do.

Edited by Evil empire

Am Shaegar

It's an evergreen classic with an amazing atmosphere and awesome voice over cast. Tommy needs no introduction. He's such a bad ass. There's so much interesting variety and fun packed into tiny, little map that I could easily spend hours into playing the game.

The only thing that disappoints me is the platform of choice that many players still use to play these old games. There's so much potential to improve, and change on PC through mods, and fixes, that'll do these old classics the justice that they should receive to make the whole game better in experience.

Sentinel Driver

All of the games in the 3D era are f*cking awesome. To me they are what define GTA. The only problem with them is that there's not enough of 3D era games :p

dpgbv

All of the games in the 3D era are f*cking awesome. To me they are what define GTA. The only problem with them is that there's not enough of 3D era games :p

Well It's what I always said to myself ! Even there are 5 games, 3D era is so freaking awesome, I would have loved to be 3 more games in this era: 1. A game set in Liberty City somewhere in the late 80's you know, when LC didn't have Callahan Bridge, a little East Coast 80's atmosphere 2. A Game set in Vice City somewhere in the 90's, late 90's and 3. A game set in San Andreas somewhere after 1992 (94-95)