Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

Voodoo

If anyone has played the Final Fantasy games, do you recommend them? I heard they're good..sort of, they are on sale on steam some, just need to figure out which one is the first one as they are many.. Or what even is the story.

If you like stealth games (like playing as a spy/commando going around government locations and such) I recommend the original Splinter Cell Trilogy (specifically Chaos Theory), just get used to the controls and should be fine, just the graphics are a problem but the AI is good you just have to stay in the shadows and be careful that's all, think realistically what you would do. They're 10 hours each if you know what to do/where to go.

Most probably have played these? But many newer players might not, I think these are really good if you haven't.

Edited by 44Orca

2dQaqi9.png purple-diamond-gem.gif

• 1 month later...
Rockstargames32490

Hi, just looking for maybe game suggestions? Want to play something that could be similar to Grand Theft Auto games, but instead of being chased by the police, want to maybe play a game where you ARE a Cop or a Police Officer? And it’s your job in the game to chase/hunt down criminals?? Would you happen to know any good “COP” games for Xbox Series X? Thank you! 

1 hour ago, Rockstargames32490 said:

Hi, just looking for maybe game suggestions? Want to play something that could be similar to Grand Theft Auto games, but instead of being chased by the police, want to maybe play a game where you ARE a Cop or a Police Officer? And it’s your job in the game to chase/hunt down criminals?? Would you happen to know any good “COP” games for Xbox Series X? Thank you! 

There's Sleeping Dogs, a game where the main plot is that you're an undercover cop infiltrating Hong Kong's criminal underworld. Also if I recall correctly there are some side missions that involve taking down criminals while wearing cop gear, so there's that.

k8jZ9vJ.jpg

In Saints Row 2 there's an activity called "Fuzz" where you dress up like a cop and go around the city taking down criminals in some of the most over-the-top ways possible, like apprehending streakers with a chainsaw, taking down steroid deals with a baseball bat, etc. Sometimes fellow officers will even aid you throughout the activity. But other than that, the main game is about running a gang and cops are one of your primary enemies.

dLLbeOx.jpg

• Like 2

Failed Again

on Xbox. I haven't played but its reviewed.

This second one not sure if Xbox is involved. It has Robo cop and the Police sim, I found your question interesting, I probably would never have known some of these. Looks fun.

BookEM Dano!

Edited by Failed Again

4 hours ago, Rockstargames32490 said:

Have a look at L.A. Noire and Condemned: Criminal Origins. The first one has also the detective part where you have to investigate some cases, you can free roam and chase bad guys in between the investigative activities, the second one is more a first person linear thriller.

There was the "True Crime" open world games, but I doubt they are available on newer consoles.

Exsanguination
22 hours ago, Rockstargames32490 said:

Sleeping dogs is a good one as mentioned above ....crackdown is another fun game fighting criminals....it's free to download 

• 2 weeks later...
LongHairedFreakyGuy
On 12/17/2023 at 1:37 AM, 44Orca said:

If anyone has played the Final Fantasy games, do you recommend them? I heard they're good..sort of, they are on sale on steam some, just need to figure out which one is the first one as they are many.. Or what even is the story.

Last year I decided to finally try out a few of the FF titles as I've never played one in my life, so did a little read up on it all. The main take away that I got was that none of the games are related story-wise, gameplay wise etc, and that only a couple seem to share the same universe, but that's about it. Growing up, it seemed that FF7 and 8 were the most talked about by my friends that were into the games, and even to this day I'd say most people still regard 7 as the pinnacle of the 'series' (so much so it's been remade multiple times). FFX-2 HD is another one I always see been recommended. 

Like I said, I've never played any of them myself, but purchased FF7 and 9 on my Switch earlier this year, and bought 16 for my PS5 too, whilst holding out for a sale on FFX HD to go on sale again on the Switch and for me to play through 7 before buying the Remake on PS5. 

Always been a series I'd love to try at least once in my life. 

• 3 weeks later...
YellowJacket

Alan Wake 2 is utterly amazing.

I happily got my plat, one of the best games I’ve ever played. The first one was good as well but part 2 blows it away imo 

If you like horror games, puzzles, highly recommend. The graphics are fantastic, the story envelopes you, and you get some jump scares.