4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

Voodoo

Fxk u Rockstar

hello everyone

I don't have any COD game, but I want to buy one. I don't know which one. it seems like a new COD game comes out every 3 months. so many with similar names, it's confusing. so which is the best COD game out there for PS4??

for multiplayer/online only. I don't care about the story (I am not a story gamer)

On 4/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, Fxk u Rockstar said:

hello everyone

I don't have any COD game, but I want to buy one. I don't know which one. it seems like a new COD game comes out every 3 months. so many with similar names, it's confusing. so which is the best COD game out there for PS4??

for multiplayer/online only. I don't care about the story (I am not a story gamer)

Well I would always sway towards the earlier titles, COD 4, MW2, MW3, Black Ops 2 and Ghosts. I think they are the very best multiplayers COD has ever had. 

However, I hear the player base is really low on the early titles now, due to hackers and cheaters and Activision not looking after the older games. So TDM is essentially the only populated game mode, and then its filled with hackers. A terrible shame. 

I recommend the COD 4 remastered if you want to experience the beauty of an older title, without sh*tpants hackers everywhere. 

All the wall running, parkour style COD's can f*ck off as well, they are terrible. 

SIG-2.jpg

On 4/12/2021 at 12:39 PM, Fxk u Rockstar said:

hello everyone

I would say get COD4 Remastered or get the latest Modern Warfare reboot. I personally wouldn't bother with any of the others. Black Ops hasn't been good since they added jetpacks. Cold War is alright, but the reboot of Modern Warfare is better.

• 2 weeks later...
Lemoyne outlaw

does anyone have any recommendations for switch games? i have a switch and the only game i play on it is fortnight. i did get mario kart and wolfenstein. but i really did not care for them. im looking for something like gta or cod. something open world and more adult like. i am also open to arcade shooters or other ideas. just nothing too kiddy or silly.

Witcher 3 on switch? If you're into rpg style games?

Edited by DEADWOODZ

Space Cowboy
On 4/30/2021 at 7:18 AM, Lemoyne outlaw said:

does anyone have any recommendations for switch games? i have a switch and the only game i play on it is fortnight. i did get mario kart and wolfenstein. but i really did not care for them. im looking for something like gta or cod. something open world and more adult like. i am also open to arcade shooters or other ideas. just nothing too kiddy or silly.

Get a Bioshock collection if you haven't played those games already. But you'd be better off buying it elsewhere if you plan to play it on TV and not in a handheld mode. Dragon's Dogma is a good choice too.

But as far as exclusives go, I am not sure there are many things that fit the bill.

• 4 weeks later...
kontol_kering

Hello everyone, is there any game that's like GTA Online in PS4 atm? I don't mind if it's offline, but at least it have a huge map, modern setting or old setting i don't mind, but not that Mafia 1 or 2 old times, an open world game like GTA, is there any reccomendations?

Edited by kontol_kering

8 hours ago, kontol_kering said:

Hello everyone, is there any game that's like GTA Online in PS4 atm? I don't mind if it's offline, but at least it have a huge map, modern setting or old setting i don't mind, but not that Mafia 1 or 2 old times, an open world game like GTA, is there any reccomendations?

How about Watch Dogs especially second part. It has big, well crafted map (one may even argue it's better than GTA V), quite lengthy storyline and something to do outside of it. First part of the game was good as well, but it's more similar to GTA IV than GTA V. 

• Like 1

kontol_kering
19 hours ago, Tycek said:

How about Watch Dogs especially second part. It has big, well crafted map (one may even argue it's better than GTA V), quite lengthy storyline and something to do outside of it. First part of the game was good as well, but it's more similar to GTA IV than GTA V. 

Thanks, but i've already finished playing that as well, but thanks again though, because it is a nice game 😁👍

Looks like if we're looking for a modern open world adventure game, the only choice are GTA, Watch Dogs, Just Cause, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row or Yakuza yes?

Kinda missing Driver and True Crime tbh, because Sleeping Dogs didn't hits me well like The OG true crime 1&2 or GTA Vice City & San Andreas, Driver Parallel Lines, Scarface The Game and Mercernaries Series in PS2

Let's hope for another open world adventure game that can compete with GTA and WD, another True Crime perhaps 😂

• 1 month later...

Hunt: Showdown! 

it's a modified battle royale game with PVE elements. You can have teams of 2 or 3 or go in solo. HUNT is both easy and difficult to recommend. I will explain below.

DIFFICULT TO RECOMMEND BECAUSE:
- long load times (sometimes it can take 5 minutes to load a bounty hunt mission and you could be killed within the first 2 minutes of a match, if you're not careful)
- no story mode (I don't mind this, but it is important to many gamers)
- unforgiving PVP (other players, when they're good, are unrelenting in their utter destruction of your team)
- permadeath for hunters (when hunters die, you lose all their gear and the hunter forever)
- not a lot of players (sometimes it's hard to find a good match because of a lack of players)
- you really need good headphones; TV speakers will not cut it.

EASY TO RECOMMEND BECAUSE:
- incredible guns and weapons (they look and feel so good)
- fun horror vibes and gore in a late 1800's Louisiana
- easily the best sound design I've ever experienced in a game (I can't stress enough, how incredible this is)
- co-op bonds made with fellow gamers are strong (I've made many new gamer friends when I click with a teammate)
- crossplay between consoles (Xbox One and PS4 crossplay is great)
- region-specific servers help reduce lag (unless you play with friends on the other side of the world - then you get some lag, but not enough to break the game)
- fun gameplay (from sneaking to run-and-gun, teamwork to team wipe - the PVE hunt, kill, banish, extract gameplay is excellent and really gets the blood pumping when you mix in 3 to 5 other teams of players who are trying to accomplish the same goal)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gloomhaven

Digital board game ed.

Whether you are drawn to the lands of Gloomhaven by the call of adventure or an avid desire for the glimmer of gold in the dark, your fate will surely be the same…

Lead your band of mercenaries through this unforgiving place, where every choice is crucial. Carve your way through terrifying dungeons, dreadful forests and dark caves filled with horrific monsters to reap your rewards… or die trying.

Sell your sword to anyone who can afford it, may they be city officials or corrupt cultists. You are paid to get results and not ask questions. Where will you draw the line?

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256852431/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1632328187

Edited by Failed Again

• 2 weeks later...

Riders republic is an awesome game for someone who’s into extreme sports! If you enjoyed steep, you’ll most definitely enjoy this game 

• Like 1

I‘m also looking forward to skate 4. I played 2 and 3 so much, it makes me regret getting rid of my PS3.

Phantom Dust

I've completed over 1000 games and I never played another game quite like this. The game combines collectible card/real-time strategy elements with an arena fighter. It's innovative, challenging, atmospheric and by the end of the unique experience, you might be wanting a sequel. One of my favorite original Xbox games of all-time and for those without an OG Xbox, there's a remastered version available on Xbox One and PC. If you've been claiming all the games through Xbox Games with Gold (at least from May - June 2017), then you might have it in your library. Microsoft was planning on releasing a new Phantom Dust game, but it got canned. Most likely due to not having as much buzz after the E3 announcement, which was expected seeing as how this hidden gem wasn't played by many people.

• 1 month later...

Any recommendations for a spaceship shooter? 

I grew up with real old games like that space shooters, solar striker, R type and whatnot. 

I'm looking into R type final 2, but recommendations for similar games are welcome 

• 5 months later...

Do you like golf? I suggest you play the Hot Shots Golf/Everybody's Golf games on PlayStation. It features a huge roster, giant number of courses, many features, and loads of unlockables.

• Realistic Steak! 1

• 4 months later...