Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

Voodoo

There's this old NES game which is a space shooter, I think it's similar to the one in the Johnson's house in GTA SA, though I might be mistaken. After you completed a level you travel between planets, from Mercury to Pluto, I think.

• Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy

There's this old NES game which is a space shooter, I think it's similar to the one in the Johnson's house in GTA SA, though I might be mistaken. After you completed a level you travel between planets, from Mercury to Pluto, I think.

Wasn't Gyruss by any chance?

Alpha Demigod

I'm looking for a game that's like a Bioware RPG. Western-feeling, with third person dialogue scenes and a voiced character.

Don't suggest Witcher. I already know that one. Not Skyrim or Fallout either.

I know you might be thinking "but...but...there's only one Bioware!"

Not true, though. I found a game called The Technomancer which is pretty much Mass Effect with melee combat. And it meets all my requirements.

I'm wondering if there's any more games like these that flew under the radar

Might be a stupid suggestion but have you delved into Dragon Age at all? Origins is worth checking out, number 2 is probably worth a skip unless you really like the lore from the first game. Number 3 is also pretty fun.

KratosDrake

NES Godzilla maybe?

Mister Pink

....Not true, though. I found a game called The Technomancer which is pretty much Mass Effect with melee combat. And it meets all my requirements.

I'm wondering if there's any more games like these that flew under the radar

Yeah I've been wanting to play that, despite the mixed reviews.

chronic lumbago

Wait, is it really like Mass Effect? Like, filled with dialogue options and player choices?

Could anyone, please send me the link to the Beyond Good & Evil 2 topic on this forum? Or bump it to the front page? The search function doesn't work on mobile at all and you can't check "search topic title only" in the search function!..

Edit: nevermind. Last topic was made in 2008 (!) when I googled it.I'm gonna open it when I have the time, if you want to open it then feel free to do so.

Edited by fashion

ppl need to give tekken 7 a try, great game

I bought the game last week and its better than i thought. Have played Tekken 5 and i think that the best game for this series.

love the rainy night.

• 1 month later...

What's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 like?

I want an open world First person shooter whilst waiting for Far Cry 5 so would anyone recommend it?

I don't mind unpolished games btw as long as they're not absolutely broken.

chronic lumbago

I've heard it's a sh*tty mess full of long loading times, glitches and technical difficulties. Then again I haven't plaued it. Maybe it's not as bad as people say.

Not many open world fps on the market. How about Homefront: Revolution? I can't exactly recommend it as I didn't like it enough to actually finish it. Very lame voiceacting, lack of polish, some repetitiveness and broken stealth. Shooting mechanics and weapons variety are decent but it doesn't have anything groundbreaking. You can ride a cross and have RC car bombs.

Also, the world isn't really open, you move from an area to another with tunnels and so on. It plays in a completely demolished city and I did enjoy the atmosphere.

It's a decent game but it's flawed. I'd watch a few youtube vids and decide for yourself.

I didn't finish it myself because I had better, more polished games to play and didn't have the time to finish it, kind of. The game is far from a disaster, but the boring story and decent gameplay wasn't enough to keep me interested in the end.

Edited by fashion

What's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 like?

I want an open world First person shooter whilst waiting for Far Cry 5 so would anyone recommend it?

I don't mind unpolished games btw as long as they're not absolutely broken.

Dunno but I enjoyed the heck out of the multiplayer in the first one. I tried the second one but didn't like it as much.

Looking for recommendations. Games similar to Until Dawn?

Wife played through that recently and loved it. She likes not having to do so much in terms of controls, and the fact her actions/choices have an effect on the game.

I've heard two main suggestions so far, Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls. Already played Heavy Rain way back, so would like something new to watch her play ideally.

KratosDrake

Wife played through that recently and loved it. She likes not having to do so much in terms of controls, and the fact her actions/choices have an effect on the game.

I've heard two main suggestions so far, Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls. Already played Heavy Rain way back, so would like something new to watch her play ideally.

Life is Strange, maybe?

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Trying to remember a game i played a while ago....

It was a ship simulator type game to where you did missions such as loading/unloading a cargo ship by putting the containers on semi's and such...

I do know the game IS NOT TransOcean or TransOcean 2 Rivals

Sonny_Black

Beyond 2 souls was good, not as good as Heavy Rain to me but still good, I remember Fahrenheit was also good.

Tell Tale games for sure.

chronic lumbago

Oxenfree, in case you're looking for a cheap indie game. Superb voice acting and a great atmosphere. Dialogue choices are everywhere.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but I'd watch a trailer or two.

It's the only other choice based horror game that comes to my mind. Oh and Telltale's walking dead.

Edited by fashion

ṼirulenⱦEqừinox

Trying to remember a game i played a while ago....

It was a ship simulator type game to where you did missions such as loading/unloading a cargo ship by putting the containers on semi's and such...

I do know the game IS NOT TransOcean or TransOcean 2 Rivals

Found it- it was Ships 2017

• 3 weeks later...
chronic lumbago

Anyone willing to explain what's Dragon's Dogma and if it's a decent RPG? A remaster is coming for PS4 in october.

Original Light

I've been falling behind with keeping track of games coming out before the end of this year. Other than Assassin's Creed Origins, are there any other AAA open-world games coming out between now and the end of the year?

Alpha Demigod

I'm looking for a game that has first-person combat that takes place in close quarters. Not Battlefield, COD, or most other FPS military games where you're blasting people a mile away.

These games emphasize melee combat and the shooting happens in tight environments. Something like...

1) Dishonored 2

2) Bioshock

3) Far Cry Primal

4) Deus Ex

Stuff like that.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Alpha Demigod

chronic lumbago

Have you played the 4 games you mentioned or should I explain them?

Rainbow Six Siege might be what you're looking for. I've only played the trial though.

Original Light

I'm looking for a game that has first-person combat that takes place in close quarters. Not Battlefield, COD, or most other FPS military games where you're blasting people a mile away.

These games emphasize melee combat and the shooting happens in tight environments. Something like...

1) Dishonored 2

2) Bioshock

3) Far Cry Primal

4) Deus Ex

Stuff like that.

Any suggestions?

Condemned, and Condemned 2. Two older games (and I'm not sure which consoles you have), but really close quarter combat in a horror-type environment. Maybe a little too close quartered. It's not open world, it's strictly linear.

Edited by Original Light

chronic lumbago

I was thinking about buying Destiny 2 but then I realized Pillars of Eternity complete edition released on PS4.

I really can't make the decision. I can't get into older CRPGs like Fallout 1 and 2 but did quite enjoy Wasteland 2.

On the other hand, Destiny 2 is a modern shooter and I've been having an itch to truly jump into a MP shooter since I got my PS4. Last shooter I got knee deep into was Halo Reach.

By the way, if one of you guys can use the search function normally, could you perhaps redirect me to the Pillars of Eternity topic?

Homemade Dynamite

I got a gaming rig as a gift a while back but haven't really played on it much because I'm so used to console gaming. I want to change this. What are some really good PC games to add to my collection?

How much are you willing to spend, and what kind of games do you like and which do you hate? Would help narrow things down a little.

gwZr6Zc.png

Homemade Dynamite

I'm looking for something not too expensive at the moment. I already have Overwatch for Xbox, but I might get it again for PC because of the benefits it has (mainly the ability to test new stuff out early). Besides that, I'm pretty open to suggestions. I just want some good games to play on PC, but I don't know where to start.

Though I'm not big on RTS games, so probably not Starcraft.

• Like 1

If you wanna give FPSs a stab then TF2 being free can't hurt you, on the more indie side Undertale and Oneshot are fairly popular for their writing, Hotline Miami (and maybe its sequel) are good arcade-y kill-a-thons, Antichamber is a well-received fairly unique puzzle game, there's a whole host of rogue-likes out there like Binding of Isaac or FTL, Papers: Please is nice for something that's a bit different, then there's PU Battlegrounds as the current really-popular thing - it's on Xbox but shooters are something else on PC tbh.

gwZr6Zc.png

chronic lumbago

I was thinking about buying Destiny 2 but then I realized Pillars of Eternity complete edition released on PS4.

I really can't make the decision. I can't get into older CRPGs like Fallout 1 and 2 but did quite enjoy Wasteland 2.

On the other hand, Destiny 2 is a modern shooter and I've been having an itch to truly jump into a MP shooter since I got my PS4. Last shooter I got knee deep into was Halo Reach.

By the way, if one of you guys can use the search function normally, could you perhaps redirect me to the Pillars of Eternity topic?

I've decided to get neither of those two after all. Maybe I'll still keep my eye on those in the future. Don't want to spend my cash on (almost) full priced games before the upcoming busy months.