Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

Voodoo

KratosDrake

I could use some car cruising game. Something like the truck simulator series (or at least what people enjoy in them) but with regular cars. Also with the option to drive fast enough. Is there anything? Or just get a truck sim and some mods for that?

If you want fun and jollies, Turbo Dismount. It is a very fun game lots of youtubers have done with lots of possible vehicles and poses and you can even put your face into the character. However, i think you want a serious game, and that i can't remember of, if i have one to remember.

Anyways, from the 2 games i wanted to find, i discovered the first was named Rebuild 2. Played it and it is as jolly as ever. However, didn't find the other one *sad*

I'm not familiar with any car game like that. However, I will recommend The Crew.

Hey that's actually pretty good. Shame that it's like the only Ubi game in a decade not on PS3, those online-only-loving f*ckers, and obviously I'm not infecting my PC with their Ucrap :barf: But yea that's pretty much what I am looking for.

But you just reminded me of another game I've always wanted to give a shot but I keep forgetting about: Fuel. Gotta get myself a used copy of that.

Also the idiot me forgot I own MCLA, Burnout Paradise and the last 2 Driver games, and I've barely started either one of those :lol: Gotta look if any of them has any cruisin' option. I think MCLA does and the PS3 version even supports my steering wheel, that could be enough for now.

If you want fun and jollies, Turbo Dismount.

I'm looking but the only game that comes up with that name is something that looks like a sequel to Porrasturvat. Is that what you meant? Um, no, not what I'm looking for, but you do get a point for reminding me of Porrasturvat, that's a classic.

Edited by RogerWho
  • Like 1

Margot Robbed Me

You could cruise around in Forza Horizon 3 but the map is disappointing. Cruising around in ETS/ATS is much more fun.

Mister Pink

I'm not familiar with any car game like that. However, I will recommend The Crew.

Hey that's actually pretty good. Shame that it's like the only Ubi game in a decade not on PS3, those online-only-loving f*ckers, and obviously I'm not infecting my PC with their Ucrap :barf: But yea that's pretty much what I am looking for.

But you just reminded me of another game I've always wanted to give a shot but I keep forgetting about: Fuel. Gotta get myself a used copy of that.

Also the idiot me forgot I own MCLA, Burnout Paradise and the last 2 Driver games, and I've barely started either one of those :lol: Gotta look if any of them has any cruisin' option. I think MCLA does and the PS3 version even supports my steering wheel, that could be enough for now.

I've never installed an Ubisoft game on my machine. What's the problem?

Never played Fuel but it rings a bell.

MCLA is good but pushing on now and sure you'll just be driving around "Los Santos" again :p

Huge Driver fan but never bothered with San Francisco even though I remember hearing good things. Just never got around to getting it. One before it is Parallel Lines? That's an amazing game. Great driving in it. GTA IV borrowed a lot from that game, I think.

Also, try Need For Speed 2015 great game to cruise in. It's a little small and driving can be questionable at times but it's fun and it's pretty to look at

Also, if you don't mind going oldish (which you don't seem to mind) Test Drive Unlimited 2. That's a flawed but awesome game. It's also really fun to piss down motorways, cruising in common road cars and some sporty ones too. You can pick it up for PS3 although might be hard to find if it's not on the store

Edited by Mister Pink

Sonny_Black

Imo The Crew is perfect for cruising, the map is HUGE and the city's are well done; and you can go off road anytime. You really have the feeling of liberty, I love that game. Really, I recommend it.

Midnight Club L.A is also a great game, and the map is big with the complete edition. But it is not that great for cruising to me, the game make sense with the races, which are amazing and hard, the A.I is actually good.

I don't have much to propose since I've don't played any car games in a loonng time except these two recently.

Edited by anthony

Their DRM is the problem. I don't allow that spyware crap on my PC. Technically the same goes for Steam but that is at least easier do deal with.

I played Driver SF for a bit and it looks nice so far. Surprisingly it also seems to have a decent enough story, or at least story hook. I keep wanting to go back to it, I just always get distracted by other games. Yea the other one I have is PL, from GOG. I heard good things, sadly that one is broken and so far I've not figured out how to make it work. (After the game boots into the menu, there's no reaction to any controls so it's essentially frozen. It seems to be a common problem but no known fix AFAIK.)

I've always found it strange about racing games that until the recent surge of open world variants (like The Crew), most of these have been much more about cars than tracks. Take Gran Turismo 5, that game has like what, 500 cars? And half of that are Nissans to boot. While the track selection is pretty sad honestly, with just a couple of dirt tracks. While I did like to tinker with various cars in Porsche Unleashed, faffing about with gear settings and whatnot, I've always felt that the tracks and environment are what makes a racing/driving game. After all, the likes of GTA have fake cars and yet it's still fun to drive around in them because the environments are where the attention is.

Another thing about car selection is that often the selection of 'normal' cars is poor. Okay I guess it makes sense in a way that one uses games for escapism and thus for cars that we couldn't drive IRL, but sometimes just cruising in regular cars is nice. Again, when I was looking for something basic in GT5 (which would still have a 'premium' cockpit and not the pathetic PS2 texture), eventually I had to go with a 200 HP VW. Again compare with GTA where using an old beater can be fun, or MCLA, where one can pimp up even a fairly basic drive.

Also heard good things about TDU2. Hmm might give that a shot.

Edited by RogerWho

TDU2 is honestly garbage imo. The only thing it has over the original is the extra island and off-roading, but practically every other aspect of the game was ruined. Remember those ''Roman always calls you to go bowling memes''? Well in TDU2, multiply that by 10 except no bowling, but instead all these douchebag characters call you just to talk sh*t (probably, I quickly abandoned the game and never played it again), as well as other annoyances such as mandatory driving schools. But, if all you have is a PS3, you're sh*t out of luck in regards to open world driving games then and you'll have to settle with TDU2.

• Like 1

Mister Pink

Their DRM is the problem. I don't allow that spyware crap on my PC. Technically the same goes for Steam but that is at least easier do deal with....

...Also heard good things about TDU2. Hmm might give that a shot.

What, like you can install it on one machine at a time? And they install spyware? That's crappy.

@B Dawg: Yep the game is flawed to bits, the worst, cringiest voice acting, graphics not amazing but bearable for the time (but I'm not too bothered by graphics or so I like to think) and the cars can spin out easy enough. I really don't remember being bothered by calls at all but it's a been about 7 years since I played it.

All the crap aside, stripped down to it's fundamentals there's a good few hours gaming in it. There's a couple of us on the forum that liked like Daz and myself. If you can overlook the flaws the game was ambitious and huge when it comes to open-world driving.

If you want a more arcade but very fun driving experience maybe Hot Pursuit 2010, very fun and underrated game.

Edited by Mister Pink

KratosDrake

If you want fun and jollies, Turbo Dismount.

I'm looking but the only game that comes up with that name is something that looks like a sequel to Porrasturvat. Is that what you meant? Um, no, not what I'm looking for, but you do get a point for reminding me of Porrasturvat, that's a classic.If i ain't mistaken, both are maken by the same creators. Yeah, figured out so, but worth the try. As for cruising, you will love Burnout Paradise as you mentioned. It is literally a open-world racing game. Lots of events to fulfill, camera support, online mode and good DLCs, lots of cars to choose, records to beat. The only flaw is, that after a time, it becomes kinda repetitive, but i still like playing it. (Yes, i own it on PS3 and have the bikes DLC installed, but didn't remember it. My memory sucks.) Edited by KratosDrake

The Time Ranger

Anybody play Tony Hawks Underground, or THUG for short, just so much fun, it branched out from just skateboarding with more emphasis on story and some non skateboarding missions. A certain mission involving two buildings, a ramp and a helicopter was my favourite mission. Not forgetting about the antagonist that was Eric Sparrow, a character who you genuinely wanted to see get taken down a peg or two. I'd love to see a remaster.

• Like 2

Laying down a challenge for you all. I remember playing a racing game when I was much younger. It was on a PC and had a multitude of different types of vehicles including JCB's (Backhoe Loaders). It was on CD and was 3d. Now I played the game in the last 20 years (really narrows it down doesn't it :) ) most likely around the turn of the millennium give or take 5 years. Can anyone identify the game or make some suggestions as to what it may be. I'd really like to hunt a copy down :)

Mister Pink

Is it this?

Here's a list of JCB's in videogames.

http://www.igcd.net/vehicles.php?make=JCB

Edited by Mister Pink

Mister Pink

You're welcome buddy, lol.

Yeah, pretty handy site. Just found it this evening. :D

Anybody play Tony Hawks Underground, or THUG for short, just so much fun, it branched out from just skateboarding with more emphasis on story and some non skateboarding missions. A certain mission involving two buildings, a ramp and a helicopter was my favourite mission. Not forgetting about the antagonist that was Eric Sparrow, a character who you genuinely wanted to see get taken down a peg or two. I'd love to see a remaster.

I remember both thugs and american wasteland. Amazing games , i honestly need a ps2 so i can play them again :( ah man

• Like 2

I think I have a recommendation for last-gen/PC users.

Picked up Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for a couple quid on PSN store in Easter sale since I heard some interesting things about it and was about to hunt down a physical copy anyway. Aaaand it looks pretty solid so far!

Basically it's The last of us with an orient-inspired story and mechs. The mechanics are largely the same: Basic platforming in a post-apocalyptic world. You control a dude who protects a girl, sometimes she helps him by opening doors and stuff. Yea pretty much TLOU mechanics almost verbatim, only 3 years earlier.

The difference is that it's Japanese so the combat is a beat-em-up instead of a cover-based shooter and everything is somewhat less polished. But I'm liking it. It also appears it's not a short game - just finished 3rd chapter, a few hours in, out of 14. Even so far it's worth those 3 GBP or whatever it costs.

Edited by RogerWho

Yup played Enslaved a couple of years ago when it finally made its way to pc and loved everything about it. Reminded me more of Prince of Persia

utf-8Bb2xkc2Nob29sc2lnczE2YS5qcGc_zpsf59

The_B1u3_Jay

Yeah. i loved the THUG games. In THUG1, A lot of people hated the driving missions. I understand where they are coming from, but it didn't bother me to much since most of them were optional, and the mandatory ones where brief. In THUG2, i think they kind of went overboard with it, but at least they still controlled like the skateboards.

I remember both thugs and american wasteland. Amazing games , i honestly need a ps2 so i can play them again :( ah man

If you own an Xbox 360 with a 250+ GB Internal hard drive, you should be able to play original xbox games on the xbox 360. Including THPS2X, THPS3, THPS4, THUG, and THUG2.

Edited by Awesom-0
  • Like 1

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Yeah. i loved the THUG games. In THUG1, A lot of people hated the driving missions. I understand where they are coming from, but it didn't bother me to much since most of them were optional, and the mandatory ones where brief. In THUG2, i think they kind of went overboard with it, but at least they still controlled like the skateboards.

If you own an Xbox 360 with a 250+ GB Internal hard drive, you should be able to play original xbox games on the xbox 360. Including THPS2X, THPS3, THPS4, THUG, and THUG2.

Probably a much wiser idea just to buy a PS2 or an original Xbox since I'm pretty sure the majority of the TH titles have various issues when trying to run them on the 360, from glitches/bugs to issues with the sound and framerate. Plus, cheap enough to get the original console anyway these days, and having a PS2 would also add the bonus of been able to play the original PSX TH games too.

GTAUrbanCamping

Gone Home. Haven't played it but heard good things about it

I watched play through. Not rwal scary, but very cool game.

• 1 month later...
Nihilanth1982

i've completed the following...

god of war series
gta3 series
gta4 series
gta5
RDR
resident evil 4 and 6 (not interested in 5)
dead space series
tomb raider series
uncharted series
the last of us

i've reached a point that i've ran out of interesting games to play.

can you recommend any more good adventure games?

thanks

Mister Pink

We used to have a topic for game recommendations. I'll look in to maybe having a new version.

To answer your question:

Skyrim

Fallout 4

The Witcher 3

Skyrim and Fallout are my favourite games for adventure. If you like map exploration, beautiful scenery, strange encounters, moments when you never now whats going to happen next, big stories etc, you may like those games.

I would also recommend Deus Ex: Human Revolution or Mankind Divided.

I know the games I mentioned are a bit bigger and much deeper/time consuming than Uncharted, Tomb Raider (both great series) but Adventure is broad and they're worth a try. Even just give them a couple of missions to test it out. See if the worlds can suck you in.

I know what it's like when you think you've ran out of interesting games. Now would be a good time to step outside your comfort zone. I've discovered some my favourite games by chance like that. Games I thought I would never like back in my filthy casual days :p

Edited by Mister Pink

Leftist Bastard

The entire Assassin's Creed series would qualify really; but for one with specific focus on hearty adventure i'd go with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

• Like 1

KratosDrake

i've completed the following...

god of war series

gta3 series

gta4 series

gta5

RDR

resident evil 4 and 6 (not interested in 5)

dead space series

tomb raider series

uncharted series

the last of us

i've reached a point that i've ran out of interesting games to play.

can you recommend any more good adventure games?

thanks

Metal Gear Solid series. It is stealth-based though, so idk if you would like that. I mean, it's not like it is a huge pain going on guns-blazing, but stealth is recommended more.

chronic lumbago

Tough one incoming. I have barely any information on the game. It was all the way back in the (early?) PS2 era. There was the E3 conference on TV and it was a short while after I had my first gaming experiences. I haven't watched the whole thing either. I have never played this game, all I remember is this short glimpse of it and somehow I got reminded of it. I really want to find out which game it is.

So, all I remember is some kind of huge troll or demon, talking to two guys. The fat demon thing a very deep voice and they talked. Then, the demon picked up one of the guys and ate him alive slowly. I think the guy was all like "noooo" before being eaten. Then I think the chat with the second guy continued.

That's all I remember but I clearly remember the part where a guy got picked up and eaten by a monster.

Edit: I'm confused. I also remember a graphical test on the E3 where they've shown a bath tub with water and like threw a plastic duck in it to show off the water effects. Was it the PS3 announcement? It could have been a different E3 though.

Edited by fashion

LongHairedFreakyGuy

Tough one incoming. I have barely any information on the game. It was all the way back in the (early?) PS2 era. There was the E3 conference on TV and it was a short while after I had my first gaming experiences. I haven't watched the whole thing either. I have never played this game, all I remember is this short glimpse of it and somehow I got reminded of it. I really want to find out which game it is.

So, all I remember is some kind of huge troll or demon, talking to two guys. The fat demon thing a very deep voice and they talked. Then, the demon picked up one of the guys and ate him alive slowly. I think the guy was all like "noooo" before being eaten. Then I think the chat with the second guy continued.

That's all I remember but I clearly remember the part where a guy got picked up and eaten by a monster.

Edit: I'm confused. I also remember a graphical test on the E3 where they've shown a bath tub with water and like threw a plastic duck in it to show off the water effects. Was it the PS3 announcement? It could have been a different E3 though.

That was at the 2005 E3, and yes it was a tech demo for the PS3...if that helps in any way to narrow down your search the game at all?

chronic lumbago

It could be from this E3. I thought this was the PS3 announcement so thanks for making it clear!

Though it's still hard to pinpoint the game. I was just a kid back then when I saw it.

KratosDrake

I got a site with a list of games shown at E3 2005. Those were:

- Age of Empires III

- Alan Wake

- Black and White II

- Battlefield II

- Call of Duty II

- Civilization IV

- Company of Heroes

- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stomreach

- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars

- Fable: The Lost Chapters

- F.E.A.R.

- Half-Life II: Lost Coast

- Hitman: Blood Money

- The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar

- Prey

- Quake 4

- Spore

- Star Wars: Empire at War

- Unreal Tournament 2007

- The Witcher

Is any of these the one? EDIT: Information may or may not be right, considering I got this from IGN.

Edited by KratosDrake

chronic lumbago

I guess my only option is to rewatch the conference. It seemed to be something rather magical, with that weird troll thing. Maybe it's Fable or even the first Witcher? I'll sh*t bricks if it was Witcher 1 all this time. Never played the first.