2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Voodoo

Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

Original Light

I'm looking for a game that has first-person combat that takes place in close quarters. Not Battlefield, COD, or most other FPS military games where you're blasting people a mile away.

These games emphasize melee combat and the shooting happens in tight environments. Something like...

1) Dishonored 2

2) Bioshock

3) Far Cry Primal

4) Deus Ex

Stuff like that.

Any suggestions?

Condemned, and Condemned 2. Two older games (and I'm not sure which consoles you have), but really close quarter combat in a horror-type environment. Maybe a little too close quartered. It's not open world, it's strictly linear.

Edited by Original Light

I was thinking about buying Destiny 2 but then I realized Pillars of Eternity complete edition released on PS4.

I really can't make the decision. I can't get into older CRPGs like Fallout 1 and 2 but did quite enjoy Wasteland 2.

On the other hand, Destiny 2 is a modern shooter and I've been having an itch to truly jump into a MP shooter since I got my PS4. Last shooter I got knee deep into was Halo Reach.

By the way, if one of you guys can use the search function normally, could you perhaps redirect me to the Pillars of Eternity topic?

Homemade Dynamite

I got a gaming rig as a gift a while back but haven't really played on it much because I'm so used to console gaming. I want to change this. What are some really good PC games to add to my collection?

RedDagger

How much are you willing to spend, and what kind of games do you like and which do you hate? Would help narrow things down a little.

Homemade Dynamite

I'm looking for something not too expensive at the moment. I already have Overwatch for Xbox, but I might get it again for PC because of the benefits it has (mainly the ability to test new stuff out early). Besides that, I'm pretty open to suggestions. I just want some good games to play on PC, but I don't know where to start.

Though I'm not big on RTS games, so probably not Starcraft.

RedDagger

If you wanna give FPSs a stab then TF2 being free can't hurt you, on the more indie side Undertale and Oneshot are fairly popular for their writing, Hotline Miami (and maybe its sequel) are good arcade-y kill-a-thons, Antichamber is a well-received fairly unique puzzle game, there's a whole host of rogue-likes out there like Binding of Isaac or FTL, Papers: Please is nice for something that's a bit different, then there's PU Battlegrounds as the current really-popular thing - it's on Xbox but shooters are something else on PC tbh.

I was thinking about buying Destiny 2 but then I realized Pillars of Eternity complete edition released on PS4.

I really can't make the decision. I can't get into older CRPGs like Fallout 1 and 2 but did quite enjoy Wasteland 2.

On the other hand, Destiny 2 is a modern shooter and I've been having an itch to truly jump into a MP shooter since I got my PS4. Last shooter I got knee deep into was Halo Reach.

By the way, if one of you guys can use the search function normally, could you perhaps redirect me to the Pillars of Eternity topic?

I've decided to get neither of those two after all. Maybe I'll still keep my eye on those in the future. Don't want to spend my cash on (almost) full priced games before the upcoming busy months.

PlainGold

Can anyone recommend something from psn right now for $20?

Mister Pink

Sorry I didn't see this in time but did you find something in the end? What type of games do you like?

PlainGold

Sorry I didn't see this in time but did you find something in the end? What type of games do you like?

I'd like anything tbh. As long as it's single player.

Mister Pink

I'd like anything tbh. As long as it's single player.

Cool, I love singleplayer games. I'm not on Playstation but I had a look as the PS Store and although I never played it (so can't really recommend it), Far Cry 4 is €20. Also Watch Dogs 2 is down to 26, if you can stretch your budget a bit or the original Watch Dogs is 11.99 for the complete edition. Game is actually decent enough. I played it after all the hype died off and thought it was better than expected. There's Assassin's Creed: Unity for 12.99. I haven't played that but I think most triple A games are at least worth about that.

Forget all that, I just seen Wolfenstein: The New Order for €19:99. Sorry prices are in Euros but can't be Sterling or Dollars as you put in your original post. It's a great FPS with good story, great graphics. It's set in a "what if the Nazi's won the war" scenario. There's also Sonic Mania that just released a little while ago, for the same price. It's got great reviews. I'm dying to play it myself.

Edited by Mister Pink

PlainGold

Thanks man! I'll try one of these.

jwdrinkwaterjr

Ok I'm looking for a PS4 game. Something like Skyrim. It has to be open world, with decent character customization, a long story, awesome visuals and background audio.

Would prefer a fantasy setting but am open to anything good. Also single player is a major plus.

Did anyone ever play Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning? Something like that but deeper.

Ok I'm looking for a PS4 game. Something like Skyrim. It has to be open world, with decent character customization, a long story, awesome visuals and background audio.

Would prefer a fantasy setting but am open to anything good. Also single player is a major plus.

Did anyone ever play Kingdom of Amalur: Reckoning? Something like that but deeper.

Keep an eye out for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen coming out October 3rd. It's a remaster of a PS3 game so it has improved visuals. This isn't a full priced release. The game will cost 20+ bucks (it's 25 euros).

I'm keeping my eyes on this game but won't buy it anytime soon. It has a very, very deep character customization and awesome gameplay, according to fans. People even say it's one of the best RPG-style combat ever seen. I only played the demo so can't say for sure.

It's a mix of Skyrim, Shadow of the Colossus, Monster Hunter and Dark Souls, from what I've read.

If you have an old gen console, play the demo. I played it on my 360 a while back and will get this game sometime soon. The combat is superb from what I've played. You don't just fight beasts - you climb them.

Also check out Dragon Age: Inquisition although I didn't even made it halfway through. Didn't like it personally.

Edited by fashion

MostWantedMVP

Honestly I just want a sequel to Portal 2, there were so many unanswered questions about Cave Johnson/Caroline. I suppose the mystery was what made it so great.

One of my favorite games of all time.

HaRdSTyLe_83

I'm looking for something not too expensive at the moment. I already have Overwatch for Xbox, but I might get it again for PC because of the benefits it has (mainly the ability to test new stuff out early). Besides that, I'm pretty open to suggestions. I just want some good games to play on PC, but I don't know where to start.

Though I'm not big on RTS games, so probably not Starcraft.

probably a bit late, but do you like Rise of the Tomb raider and Shadow of Mordor?

GTATodd

If you're a fan of the top-down GTA games, there's a new title on Steam that might be of interest for you. It's called Riskers, and it's by ShotXStudio and publisher M4.

In the game, you take the role of Rick, a reformed criminal who is trying to take back his life by doing a regular job, going through the motions. One day, though, he finds a suitcase full of money and takes it -- but the owners of the briefcase are powerful people and kill his brother trying to get it back.

Rick takes the fight to the mob, determined to make them pay for what they’ve done. Use guns, baseball bats, chairs -- use anything you have around you to inflict pain. The odds are not in your favor, so you’ll have to be smart if you want to live long enough to kill them all and exact your revenge!!!

The game is available right now on Steam, and will be 25% off until October 24th. So if you want an old-school GTA style game on your PC? You might want to check it out. Here's the Steam link:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/581310/Riskers/

Edited by GTATodd

PwnageSoldier

Tom Clancys HAWX 1 has to be the most memorable game Ive ever played before GTAO. They took down the online servers for both this one and the sequel however, it doesnt deserve it regardless if it came out in 2009. It is literallly so fun.

The sequel isnt bad either, but I never got the chance to try multiplayer (it was taken down before I played the sequel unfortunately).

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was the original game I got my PS3 for. It was an awesome game.

Regardless of these games coming out way before GTA V did, they still hold up as some of the best games Ive played to this day and I still play them to this day.

Tom Clancys HAWX 1 has to be the most memorable game Ive ever played before GTAO. They took down the online servers for both this one and the sequel however, it doesnt deserve it regardless if it came out in 2009. It is literallly so fun.

The sequel isnt bad either, but I never got the chance to try multiplayer (as Ive said).

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon was the original game I got my PS3 for. It was an awesome game.

Regardless of these games coming out way before GTA V did, they still hold up as some of the best games Ive played to this day and I still play them to this day.

Edited by PwnageSoldier

Uncle Sikee Atric

This is for people that are fans of Roguelikes.

Cogmind has arrived on Steam and this game is the result of 4 years and 8,000 hours of work by it's sole designer! It has an immense, deep story and the procedurally generated layout makes for constantly fresh tactics to be required.

Don't be put off by the simplistic look, there's one hell of a deep game in there, plus it runs on laptop potatoes just as well as fast desktops. It's an immense game and well worth sinking some hours into. As the developer puts it, a fresh, modern take on traditional roguelikes.

AtomicDarling

For those interested in point and click adventure style games with a very dark twist... (slap trigger warnings all over this one... just get the yellow tape and wrap it up like a present)

... The Cat Lady

Alan Eastwood

Underrated.

Edited by Alan Eastwood

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Hey I have 1700GB of space, and I need to fill it up with something. I'm into shooting and racing games like NFS, GTA, Battlefield and so on. I have a gaming PC, so whatever you suggest, I'll probably be able to run.

Mister Pink

Hey I have 1700GB of space, and I need to fill it up with something. I'm into shooting and racing games like NFS, GTA, Battlefield and so on. I have a gaming PC, so whatever you suggest, I'll probably be able to run.

I recommend the Metro series. You can pick up the Metro Redux. It's the first 2 games remastered and the graphics are top notch. A nuclear fallout has occurred and you battle through the Russian metro system. Very atmospheric. The new Metro game will be out in the new year so you can look forward to that after.

Forza is always fun, if you like racing.

I also recommend, Deus Ex, if you want more than just shooting. You can complete the game by not killing anyone if you chose to go stealthy. It's good if you like climbing through vents, crawling through sewers, multiple approaches, hacking computers, with RPG elements. Good cyberpunk game

is a great action-shooter. No multiplayer, just a great singleplayer campaign. It's a "what if the Nazis wont the war" situation.

Or Sleeping Dogs for it's amazing fighting.

Edited by Mister Pink

ClaudeIzABadAzz

I recommend the Metro series. You can pick up the Metro Redux. It's the first 2 games remastered and the graphics are top notch. A nuclear fallout has occurred and you battle through the Russian metro system. Very atmospheric. The new Metro game will be out in the new year so you can look forward to that after.

Forza is always fun, if you like racing.

I also recommend, Deus Ex, if you want more than just shooting. You can complete the game by not killing anyone if you chose to go stealthy. It's good if you like climbing through vents, crawling through sewers, multiple approaches, hacking computers, with RPG elements. Good cyberpunk game

is a great action-shooter. No multiplayer, just a great singleplayer campaign. It's a "what if the Nazis wont the war" situation.

Or Sleeping Dogs for it's amazing fighting.

Thanks for the suggestions, but none of these games really appeal to me.

HaRdSTyLe_83

Mad Max is open world like Gta and its a cool game with lots of hours of gameplay, on steam for 6$

Mister Pink

No worries, I would have said the same thing a few years ago but in the last few years I've really tried to expand the type of games I play and I was surprised at how many games I fell in love with or at least got 20hrs from of games that I wouldn't have thought I really liked before. Best of luck on your search anyway. :)

ClaudeIzABadAzz

No worries, I would have said the same thing a few years ago but in the last few years I've really tried to expand the type of games I play and I was surprised at how many games I fell in love with or at least got 20hrs from of games that I wouldn't have thought I really liked before. Best of luck on your search anyway. :)

Thanks. I'm thinking of getting Wolfenstein The New Order, and then getting the new one that was released yesterday...

Femme Fatale

To whom it may concern.

Don't let the bad reviews from supposed experts fool you, this game is actually fun. :^: The ragdoll physics, the soundtrack, Clancy Brown, the game's length, and silly cheats like playing as a lizard man. Very underrated game imho.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

ClaudeIzABadAzz

Don't let the bad reviews from supposed experts fool you, this game is actually fun.

It's all a matter of opinion. Another great PS2 game:

TheGtaGamer1048

Hey I know im a little late but ive always been a bethesda fan so I thought about getting a old farcry game. Ive played Farcry 4 and primal already.