Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,953 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Daines001

Tbogt Happy ending ... is nonsence

Daines001

Hi well I am sorry for my english this is gonna be a little hard to write but needs must ...
Ending of TBOGT looks like a happy disney fairy tale end for me ...
So okay you killed main antagonist Bulgarin is dead ... ( that yusufs appereance and whole shotout from park to the plane is crap )
But still ... 1) Tony is still in heavy debt (diamonds,and other things)
2) Ancelloti still wants you dead for many reasons like hit Gracie in the face etc...
3)City closed down the clubs which means L. and T. lost their jobs and had no income
4) Police seems their are retarded but whole f*cked up club with a lot of bodies is ... well too much.
5) So Rocco run away from his town because of what ... ? Seems to me like Brian Jeremy so his run away is nonsence
6) Luis had enough problems with that two loosers they should be dead or inside in no time cus they are so dumb ...
7) what about taxes and things ... they catch even Tony Montana on that.

So for me are still much better IV deal ending and TLAD's also killing trevor in V is only realistic option ... they seems realistic and mature when this is just too much neon happy fairy tell very similiar to V's deatwish ending .. but here they vgot a sh*tload of ? after all.. What do you think ... or did I forget about something ?

Edited by SatyrMichal

Journey_95

TBOGT in general is nonsense unlike IV and TLAD. They just forced a cheesy happy ending because people whined about the latter two being depressing.

HeteroDahmer

TBOGT in general is nonsense unlike IV and TLAD. They just forced a cheesy happy ending because people whined about the latter two being depressing.

Yeah, because shooting up a prison yard & killing hundreds of cops then proceeding to get away scot-free, and then going back to your clubhouse/hide-out and burning it down whilst the theme song plays in the background is not at all cheesy. :sarcasm:

OT

I think a happy ending suited the game & was no more nonsense & unrealistic as the endings in IV Or TLAD.

Edited by HeteroDahmer

Journey_95

Yeah, because shooting up a prison yard & killing hundreds of cops then proceeding to get away scot-free, and then going back to your clubhouse/hide-out and burning it down whilst the theme song plays in the background is not at all cheesy. :sarcasm:

OT

I think a happy ending suited the game & was no more nonsense & unrealistic as the endings in IV Or TLAD.

Apparently you are already banned but anyway TLAD's ending was well done & fitting. Not cheesy but rather tragic. Of course it was unrealistic but there are different "levels", a game is always unrealistic but GTA IV and TLAD keep it balanced while TBOGT, SA etc. go way too over the top.

TBOGT's ending is the one with no consequences and everything being ok, its childish and stupid.

Maibatsu545

It was definitely a huge red flag that R* cant write good stories for gta anymore. V’s ending was even worse.

Algonquin Assassin

Of course I prefer the endings of GTA IV and TLAD, but I can understand R*'s reasoning. Having another downer of an ending probably would've turned people off and since TBOGT ends after the stories of GTA IV and TLAD it was probably done to give some closure..

It's cheesy yes, but it fits in with the campy, light hearted tone TBOGT set out with.

Molakox

Gta 4 and TLAD has bat real endings. I don't like tbogt cause ending and gameplay is too happy for dark liberty city.

D9fred95

I'm personally fine with TBoGT having a happy ending. With IV's endings being pretty sad and TLaD being bittersweet, TBoGT having an ending that occurs on a high note helps make everything not so bleak.

I wouldn't say having a happy ending is a case of bad writing seeing as GTA IV and it's episodes did have it's moments of pleasantries, like if you spare Darko which I feel is way more uplifting. TBoGT was pretty uplifting even with it's several downer moments.

Electrochoc

I expected to see Gay Tony get killed in the story, very surprised after he survived all these sh*t.

B_E_N_1992

Vice city is a happy ending

jaljax

Getttin Arab Money!

MARKUS.

Wait, what? The nightclubs didn't open at the end of the story?

DetectivePhelps

The clubs remain open after the story is completed. Do management if you want. Even if you completed the 8 management missions during the story.

B Dawg

Bahama Mamas never does tho :(

DetectivePhelps

Bahama Mamas never does tho :(

Though Luis doesnt own it & it was that mission to hook up with some girl to make some dude angry that resulted in a gun battle inside, I can see why.

What rattled me is it was never open to us, the player & I find that club better than any other. Arg! R* why?

That club was big, better music by that era of dance music.

Damn🤨

MARKUS.

The clubs remain open after the story is completed. Do management if you want. Even if you completed the 8 management missions during the story.

yes I know, that is regarding gameplay, but what I mean is in storyline logic, they don't do reopen the clubs?

universetwisters

1) They don't have to worry about debts any more because Rocco, Mori, etc. have been dealt with and whoever else they may be in debt to, they can easily pay back without having to kick back to Rocco or Mori

2) How would they know that Gracie got hit by Luis? Tony and Luis both agreed to tell her father that she got the injury in a boating accident. But as I said before, as long as they pay back their debts to them there should be no issues.

3) I thought they opened canonically after completion of the story? If not, they would've stayed closed like the Lost Clubhouse in TLAD. Maybe Yusuf really did buy them out?

4) I thought it was pretty well established that the police ingame are retarded. They let a bunch of bikers go scot-free after they broke into a prison and broke back out.

5) Rocco left town because he was always a weak little nothing who could talk the talk but not walk the walk. With his Uncle Vince dead, who would defend and stick up for him? So he packed up and left for the other side of the country to get away from Luis and whatever other repercussions there may be. Listen to his voicemail after beating the game, he specifically says he's leaving to "lay low".

6) What the f*ck are you trying to say.

7) Where is it said ingame that they don't pay their taxes?

I don't think it's that bad of a game, I just think you fell asleep through the cutscenes and other important bits that explained this stuff.