Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    2. GTANet 20th Anniversary

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

      1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Beta 4.0


spaceeinstein

Recommended Posts

The trains have been working for over a decade here. I'm sure there are many different ways to do it and that way may certainly be better. Anything that can improve this mod is fair game to be updated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a time that i didn't commented, so What i need to do to make ThirteenAG's Limit Adjuster compatible with this mod? Because when i use it, game crashes when driving at the 1st mission...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, thanks to the developer for the mod. But he is not playable. Each time gta-lc.exe was launched, a window appeared saying that the game cannot support .asi plugins
I had to remove all the plugins, and then the game menu loaded, but the problem remained: I can neither start a new game, much less load the save.

Link to post
Share on other sites

train sounds, but it is possible to solve this by modify audiotex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Please i need help i installed mod but when i launching it gives me error

Exception at address:    0x6B1B2D40
EXE Version:             gta-vc.exe 1.0 US

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x00703A30    EBX: 0x000000FF    ECX: 0x00703A34    EDX: 0x00CBAC00
ESI: 0x5C4C3EF0    EDI: 0x00CBAC18    EBP: 0x5C4C3EF0    ESP: 0x0019FD20
EFLAGS: 10000001000000110

If what i am using no cd but i am so confused, please can anyone give me no cd version that works with mods also which version should i use 1.0 or 1.1 of Vice City
 

Edited by Hillions
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Staunton Assassin
On 3/1/2020 at 10:11 AM, InFamous018 said:

Can I edit the GXT files?

otomEv0.gif

 

Anyway, @Craig Kostelecky, I've been thinking about an idea: Why not optimize III's map so that it doesn't need backface culling to be disabled at all in order to look right? When R* ported VC from PS2 to PC, they redid all of the map models (flipping faces etc.) and enabled backface culling. It all counts towards the game engine's performance in the end. I know it's a very tough job but I think it just might be worth it.:)

Edited by The Eddo
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 10:41 AM, InFamous018 said:

Can I edit the GXT files?

The GXT Editor is your friend. It's still available on GTAGarage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Iduna64

I know this is kind of late... But can someone tell me why my game keeps on crashing on the bridge in the very first mission? 

I've moved GTA 3's Audio Files over to Vice City and the game also starts and gives me the first cutscene.

But right when I start driving in the very first mission the game Crashes.

 

This is the "Error" i've been getting:

Exception at address:    0x005F03E7
EXE Version:             gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed:    0001 opcode_0001
In thread:               rctrig

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x7C2846C7    EBX: 0x0078D750    ECX: 0x08077AC0    EDX: 0x00000003
ESI: 0x0078D718    EDI: 0x08077AC0    EBP: 0x0018FD24    ESP: 0x0018FCF0
EFLAGS: 10000001000000010

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 10:07 PM, Guest Iduna64 said:

I know this is kind of late... But can someone tell me why my game keeps on crashing on the bridge in the very first mission? 

I've moved GTA 3's Audio Files over to Vice City and the game also starts and gives me the first cutscene.

But right when I start driving in the very first mission the game Crashes.

 

This is the "Error" i've been getting:

Exception at address:    0x005F03E7
EXE Version:             gta-vc.exe 1.0 US
Last opcode executed:    0001 opcode_0001
In thread:               rctrig

Registers -----------------------------------------------------
EAX: 0x7C2846C7    EBX: 0x0078D750    ECX: 0x08077AC0    EDX: 0x00000003
ESI: 0x0078D718    EDI: 0x08077AC0    EBP: 0x0018FD24    ESP: 0x0018FCF0
EFLAGS: 10000001000000010

I don't know if you have the Silent Patch installed, but if you have it, deleted it, if you don't, put the audio files of gta 3 and gta vc in the folder, i think that would work. And don't change the widescreen fix.

Can i may a reply? Why delete the restaurants and the Change clothes items?, i think that would be really cool, or is there way to reactivate them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
ShoresideValian

Hello, quick question, have the random police chases where you can help and get a "good citizen bonus" been removed? If so, is there any way to get that script back? Cheers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShoresideValian said:

Hello, quick question, have the random police chases where you can help and get a "good citizen bonus" been removed? If so, is there any way to get that script back? Cheers.

There are still there, the problem is that sometimes the peds don't load to well.

  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Craig Kostelecky

Not officially abandoned, but I have done pretty much everything I could and do not think I can do much more. I do know there was some development somewhat recently with the cutscene heads that I hope can get finished as that was the last thing that didn't feel complete with this mod. If that can be finished, I do wish we can organize everything in a simple installer that gives you everything you need to play this mod with all of its features. 

If anyone does want to take the reigns of this and breathe new life into it, everything we've ever done is completely open. I just ask that the overall mission of keeping the game as close to what Rockstar would have done if they just took a little more time and every contributor gets appropriate credit. 

 

This was a wonderful time of my life and I did learn a lot about many things. And I am very proud of the work this team has completed. But I have certainly moved onto other things (a single dad with full placement of 4 kids, a full time job in IT, and I now manage a YouTube channel which takes up most of my time). And pretty much all of my GTA time is with GTA V (and recently IV again) since I have a PC that can run those two at full (or near) settings. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, does anyone know how to have a better draw distance in the mod?, i don't know if all of the fixes of Vice City's repair the problem with this conversation, but the draw distance is too poor, the map doesn't load to well, is there anyway to fix this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What version of Vice city do you have to have in order to run the mod. I am asking because The main menu loads but not the game itself. The game Crashes and a Exception Handler pops up and it says that an unhandled exception has occured, the details are shown bellow.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2020 at 12:44 PM, MaddTagg said:

What version of Vice city do you have to have in order to run the mod. I am asking because The main menu loads but not the game itself. The game Crashes and a Exception Handler pops up and it says that an unhandled exception has occured, the details are shown bellow.

 

You need the gta vc.exe 1.0 version, i don't know if works with a downgrader, and put the audio files of original gta 3 in the audio folder, i think you need to put the audios from Vice city too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 4:41 AM, RedNail said:

You need the gta vc.exe 1.0 version, i don't know if works with a downgrader, and put the audio files of original gta 3 in the audio folder, i think you need to put the audios from Vice city too.

Oh ok i'll see if that works. I have already put the gta 3 audio files there so i will try and putting in the vice city ones too.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now i have another problem. The game launches,everything works fine except for the audio of the environment.Its really messed up. And i have put the gta 3 audio files to the mod folder. Do I have to replace the files in the mod audio folder or leave them in there (it gives me an option to replace 2 audio files and I replaced them ).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MaddTagg said:

Now i have another problem. The game launches,everything works fine except for the audio of the environment.Its really messed up. And i have put the gta 3 audio files to the mod folder. Do I have to replace the files in the mod audio folder or leave them in there (it gives me an option to replace 2 audio files and I replaced them ).

 

I believe i have the same problem, i think it's the audio files, but i don't know, try to put only the audio files of gta III, if it doesn't works, there is a topic call "audios to put" or something like that around here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be nice to have the data needed to decompile MAIN.SCM.
I noticed that custom Vice City player models only work in the intro and first mission cutscenes and have broken geometry in all other mission cutscenes, so I wanna analyze the scripts and see how to fix it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Kostelecky

The 2 SFX files need to be the versions supplied in the mod's download. If you use the GTA3 one (or even the VC one) you'll have issues. 
 

4 hours ago, spaztron64 said:

Would be nice to have the data needed to decompile MAIN.SCM.
I noticed that custom Vice City player models only work in the intro and first mission cutscenes and have broken geometry in all other mission cutscenes, so I wanna analyze the scripts and see how to fix it.

Why decompile it? We include the script as we wrote it up. The entire scm was rewritten over many years and all of that would be lost if you decompile. Every variable is named (with almost all of them using the names that Rockstar used themselves), and the if/while loops are all written to be easily followed. 

Edited by Craig Kostelecky
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh...could you please tell me the filename and where I can locate it? Maybe I'm just being silly but I can't find it in my GTA:LC installation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig Kostelecky

In the data folder, you should have a main.sc file, and an entire folder called source of other sc files. Sanny Builder will compile all of those different files (which is how Rockstar broke the script up) into one main.scm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

why do rampages disappear after you fail to complete one. One rampage I failed to complete and It's no longer there, it doesn't count as I completed it but it vanishes and i can't do it now. And i have tried everything to get the rampage back: i have saved the game, loaded the save game ,restarted the game, completed another rampage and it still doesn't appear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, MaddTagg said:

why do rampages disappear after you fail to complete one. One rampage I failed to complete and It's no longer there, it doesn't count as I completed it but it vanishes and i can't do it now. And i have tried everything to get the rampage back: i have saved the game, loaded the save game ,restarted the game, completed another rampage and it still doesn't appear.

The rampage spawns follow the same logic as in original GTA III: if you fail a rampage, it respawns in an alternative location. If you reattempt and fail it again, it respawns in the primary location where you first found it.

Here is a map that shows the primary and secondary spawn locations of rampages:
http://en.wikigta.org/wiki/Rampages_(GTA_III)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Razan Indonesia

can anyone fix i can't launch the game crash all the time

can anyone fix i can't launch the game.game crash all the time what should i do

and i got some question 

will gta 3 xbox model compatible with this mod?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, Razan Indonesia said:

can anyone fix i can't launch the game crash all the time

Did you follow all the instructions and run the installer on a clean copy of GTA Vice City and then copy the audio files from GTA3? Post a log of the crash if possible.

 

On 5/24/2020 at 1:35 PM, Razan Indonesia said:

will gta 3 xbox model compatible with this mod?

Yes, most models from Xbox GTA 3 should work if installed correctly. I use the HD Xbox Vehicles myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.