2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Maru89

GTA 3 - VC cars in action

Maru89

What about converting LCS cars to GTA III and add them?

I'd need to get LCS' gta3.img file first.

Get the GTA LCS Vehicles Big Pack from GTA Garage it has all the vehicles from LCS and there already converted to VC

I will consider that for sure.

3 month old discussion, but I don't reccomend these. Use the ones from the LCS to VC mod by Surya since they are converted from the mobile version (and they aren't different from the other ports at all, model wise) and won't be a pain in the ass to smooth them.

Already tried the original ones and they crashed the game like mad. I might take a look into that mod.

Russell_Stone

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

Jinx.

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't make any difference though? VC cars can be used in III with no problems if you change the TXD format, but they won't be as reflective, thus being a little bit unfitting. Editing the materials in 3Ds Max fixes this. I never encountered any issues with the alpha channels when editing the cars and even when using them directly from the game, with the changed TXD format. It's useless to mention stuff like "ITS GTA 3 NOT VC" when you can get them in the game with some tweaks.

Who cares if Surya's mod is for VC? They are converted from mobile and they work ingame, so they should work in III aswell. Albeit I don't reccomend messing with them in Max if you're not ready for material and hierarchy editing, because they seem to be screwed for some reason (every material having the 1.0 specular value yet some of them aren't supossed to). Not only this, but the hierarchy is messed up aswell (every dummy and model is linked to the chassis_dummy, minus the car dummy).

Between Majestic's cars and Surya's mobile converted ones, I'd choose material editing and hierarchy reorganizing (mobile ones) over smoothing blocky models (majestic ones), but they aren't a bad choice either.

Edited by Jinx.

unbid

Tested this mod, and I love it. The way that the traffics and vehicle spawn point integrates with the addon cars really puts the cherry on top.

Although, you forgot to add the VC Bobcat to the mix...

EDIT: Any idea how to obtain the Liberty Soul FM just like in your video?

Edited by unbid

Maru89

Tested this mod, and I love it. The way that the traffics and vehicle spawn point integrates with the addon cars really puts the cherry on top.

What do you mean by obtaining Liberty Soul FM? It is just renamed MP3 Player.

unbid

What do you mean by obtaining Liberty Soul FM? It is just renamed MP3 Player.

Ooh, I thought that you add a new station. My bad.

Also, the Z-Type is too high poly and stick out among the low poly III and VC cars which makes it look odd, but that's my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Maru89

Ooh, I thought that you add a new station. My bad.

Also, the Z-Type is too high poly and stick out among the low poly III and VC cars which makes it look odd, but that's my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Yeah, I know Z-Type is kinda out of its place, but I wanted some non-sport and luxury car for snobs. I knew many people might not like that idea but it is not possible to please everybody around :p .

Xegethra

Hey, GTA 3 needs the variety, it's also nice to see something that isn't another sports car. Nothing against them, they're just a bit over-saturated.

Russell_Stone

BTW, regarding Boxville and Top Fun. Its not really a bug. Rear doors of these vans were never meant to be enterable. Top Fun is loaded with RC Cars, theres no room. Boxville is a service truck, there are no seats.

Maru89

BTW, regarding Boxville and Top Fun. Its not really a bug. Rear doors of these vans were never meant to be enterable. Top Fun is loaded with RC Cars, theres no room. Boxville is a service truck, there are no seats.

That's interesting actually. GTA Wiki says that Boxville's capacity in GTA VC is 2 and Top Fun has a capacity of 4 people. Anyway I'm gonna show you the glitch that I mentioned before:

You can clearly see that Misty is desperately trying to open rear doors of both cars but without any success. And I just realized guys from Rockstar were smart enough to fix that bug by themselves and just teleported the NPC near the front door.

Edited by Maru89

Russell_Stone

In order to determine the amount of seats in the vehicle, game checks DFF file data. So this bug is fixable inside ZModeler or something like that. It has nothing to do with scripts or anything in that nature.

Maru89

In order to determine the amount of seats in the vehicle, game checks DFF file data. So this bug is fixable inside ZModeler or something like that. It has nothing to do with scripts or anything in that nature.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check that one for sure.

Maru89

The mod is finally available on GTA Garage, so no need to get it from Dropbox anymore. I just separated audio folder and .asi files into different .rar to avoid unnecessary duplicates.

EDIT:

Another announcement from me about the mod. A little upgrade to the version 3.0 is up. It just replaces the Z-Type with the Thunder-Rodd from GTA Liberty City Stories.

EDIT 2:

Gee, a lot of edits for today. I'm glad to tell you that I fixed the glitch with inaccessible rear seats of the Boxville and the Top Fun. Also I fixed the back seats of the Romero's Hearse, peds will not sit inside the coffin anymore.

Thanks Russel_Stone and ermaccer!

Edited by Maru89

unbid

EDIT:

Another announcement from me about the mod. A little upgrade to the version 3.0 is up. It just replaces the Z-Type with the Thunder-Rodd from GTA Liberty City Stories.

Does that mean there will be LCS cars added into III in the future?

Also, how about adding the VC Bobcat into III?

Maru89

EDIT:

Does that mean there will be LCS cars added into III in the future?

Also, how about adding the VC Bobcat into III?

Might add some of them in the future, along with the VC Bobcat, people seem to like that car.

Jeansowaty

I'm all for that, good work! ;)

The Eddo

The best mod I've ever seen! I like it :^:, especially the new missions, have a cookie :cookie:! But it's a shame I don't have GTA III :turn:.

Maru89

Version 4.0 is up, this is probably the last update of this mod because I'm reaching nearly every possible limit of GTA 3. But who knows, if there is someone out there with interesting ideas then maybe ver 5.0 will appear someday.

A bit summary of the mod (to version 4.0):

56 cars added to the game (43 from GTA Vice City, 1 from GTA 3 beta, 10 from GTA Liberty City Stories, and 2 user made cars)

37 missions added (8 from Darkel, 3 Toyz rampages, 5 from Curtly, 5 from Sam Houser, 5 from Lips Forelli, 5 from Chunky Lee Chong and 6 from the Kanbu).

There are much more like music loops, new abilities, new pagers and radar blips and other minor stuff, which is quite difficult to list now.

Edited by Maru89

unbid

Version 4.0 is up, this is probably the last update of this mod because I'm reaching nearly every possible limit of GTA 3. But who knows, if there is someone out there with interesting ideas then maybe ver 5.0 will appear someday.

56 cars added to the game (43 from GTA Vice City, 1 from GTA 3 beta, 10 from GTA Liberty City Stories, and 2 user made cars)

37 missions added (8 from Darkel, 3 Toyz rampages, 5 from Curtly, 5 from Sam Houser, 5 from Lips Forelli, 5 from Chunky Lee Chong and 6 from the Kanbu).

There are much more like music loops, new abilities, new pagers and radar blips and other minor stuff, which is quite difficult to list now.

Sweet! Although I have an idea to add several remodeled LCS vehicles (Manana, Landstalker, Kuruma, and Perennial are the prime example) as the newer generation cars (LCS Kuruma might be the older generation one) for the existing III cars.

EDIT: It kinda sucks that you can't use the old save files (that contains version 3.1 of this mod) anymore.

Edited by unbid

Maru89

Sweet! Although I have an idea to add several remodeled LCS vehicles (Manana, Landstalker, Kuruma, and Perennial are the prime example) as the newer generation cars (LCS Kuruma might be the older generation one) for the existing III cars.

EDIT: It kinda sucks that you can't use the old save files (that contains version 3.1 of this mod) anymore.

Old saves don't work because of different main.scm.