2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus or tools. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.
Crunch McThornbody

Can't set bounties anymore, wtf?

Question

Crunch McThornbody

I'm level 693, legitimately obtained, I don't mod, but today when I went to set a bounty on someone there's a little lock icon with a note below saying "This item unlocks at Rank 10."

WTF?

I tried going back to the Xbox360 dashboard and starting the game again, that didn't help, I also did some missions to rank up to my present 693 level, still didn't help.

Is this the result of a malicious modder? I've been seeing a LOT of them over the past few weeks, almost all of them are complete a-holes.

edit: I just tried switching to my 2nd character and a notice came up saying "Unable to load saved data for Character 2, the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable right now. Please try again later." so could my problem be their server prroblem?

Edited by Crunch McThornbody

18 answers to this question

TankGirl

Could be a server issue. I had something strange happen other day where none of my Lester options were loading at all. I couldn't call cops, go off radar, set bounties, nada and there was no mission or anything like that going on. I restarted up my Xbox and the problem was solved.

DangerZ0neX

Don't listen to the two poster above, Rockstar locked it to prevent modders from placing bounties above 9K since it's easier to make it inconvenient for everyone than it is to patch the bug on time, half-assery is their trait after all.

You'll be able to place bounties again within a couple of days to a week, my friend.

CarimboHanky

Don't listen to the two poster above, Rockstar locked it to prevent modders from placing bounties above 9K since it's easier to make it inconvenient for everyone than it is to patch the bug on time, half-assery is their trait after all.

You'll be able to place bounties again within a couple of days to a week, my friend.

the weird thing about this move by R* in disabling bounties for ps3/360 is that since the billionaires era, theres a cap on how much money you can get from a bounty.

i can claim a million dollar bounty but the game is capped to only give me a max of 9k.

R3CON

Its because you're a last gen peasant. And now you cant even transfer over.

What an asshole^

I'm not sure what the issue is OP, but I just tried this to see if I would have this problem too.

• Loaded in on primary/original character set a bounty on a random. Worked fine.
  • Switched to second character, loaded in fine, set a bounty on a random. This worked too.

I'm on PS4 and I'm inclined to go with DangerZ0neX's explanation that it's most likely a response to the hackers/modders who've caused havoc on PS3/X360 and PC.

Unsure about the character switch issue though.

Edited by R3CON

Crunch McThornbody

Thanks for the explanation.

I'm guessing a modder set a high bounty on someone and spoofed it so it appeared my character did the deed, triggering the bounty lock.

A couple of days ago I did see a message repeatedly flash up in the corner saying I'd destroyed someone's personal vehicle, even though I wasn't doing anything. I think it was a modder trying to dump me in bad sport so I switched off my machine as soon as I saw the stream of messages to try and stop them doing any harm.

Alvarez

Anyone has a problem with Shadow Organisation, as well?

DisCrafted

Listen to the third poster. Dunno if you've been paying attention to the news or what's going on in the last gen and PC versions of GTAO but there are a sh*t ton of hackers and modders. R* is fixing the issues so they've disabled setting and collecting bounties temporarily.

Edited by DisCrafted

Crunch McThornbody

Its because you're a last gen peasant. And now you cant even transfer over.

What an asshole^

I'm not sure what the issue is OP, but I just tried this to see if I would have this problem too.

• Loaded in on primary/original character set a bounty on a random. Worked fine.
  • Switched to second character, loaded in fine, set a bounty on a random. This worked too.

I'm on PS4 and I'm inclined to go with DangerZ0neX's explanation that it's most likely a response to the hackers/modders who've caused havoc on PS3/X360 and PC.

Unsure about the character switch issue though.

I did managed to switch to my 2nd character, but setting bounties is locked on that character too.

Thanks for the positive replies guys, except for Zarpy who clearly needs some therapy of some sort.

JamesTKirk

From a reddit post (I added the stuff in parentheses):

According to (a twitter user), this is what R* have done (to temporarily stop the hackers),

1. Background script updated, Lester Bounty feature is disabled and you can't earn GTA$ from killing bounties.
  2. Tunables updated, the Blue marker inside your Office Garages is disabled. This is to hotfix the new Lowrider Dupe glitch.
  3. Tunables updated, "HOSPITAL_BILL_MULTIPLIER" is now set to 0.
  4. Background script updated, hotfixed the issue with cheaters giving people GTA$ and RP. Additional checks for dupe detection. The additional checks disable the Dupe Detection process to some vehicles with a specific plate format. It's not related to Dupe Detect.
Edited by JamesTKirk

SkynetOnlineID

As others have already posted it's a temporary bandaid patch from Rockstar to stop players getting glitched/modded GTA money.

If only they could also react this fast to other issues not directly affecting a few hundred dollar sales in Rockstar cash cards.

Edited by SkynetOnlineID

Gridl0k

I'm a sad bounty hunter :/

I assume this affects NPC bounties too?

HeavyDuke

#LastgenVStheworld

SHOKKERZ91

I'm a sad bounty hunter :/

I assume this affects NPC bounties too?

Yes, it does. I stole around 30 cars--> no bounty.

Rumbunctious

From a reddit post (I added the stuff in parentheses):

According to (a twitter user), this is what R* have done (to temporarily stop the hackers),

1. Background script updated, Lester Bounty feature is disabled and you can't earn GTA$ from killing bounties.
  2. Tunables updated, the Blue marker inside your Office Garages is disabled. This is to hotfix the new Lowrider Dupe glitch.
  3. Tunables updated, "HOSPITAL_BILL_MULTIPLIER" is now set to 0.
  4. Background script updated, hotfixed the issue with cheaters giving people GTA$ and RP. Additional checks for dupe detection. The additional checks disable the Dupe Detection process to some vehicles with a specific plate format. It's not related to Dupe Detect.

I used the blue marker in my office garages yesterday and again a few hours ago. So doesn't seem to be a thing on PC

RobR

I love how instead of dealing with the modders they choose to punish everyone that isn't

Crunch McThornbody

I hope they reinstate the bounty system soon, this sucks not being able to set bounties on people :(

Tails Prower

Bounties seemed fine for me yesterday as I was able to set one on a player without issue and also got three from NPC's after stealing cars

so I think it's back to normal today but maybe not applied for everyone yet?

Crunch McThornbody

The bounty option is still locked on my 360 and stealing NPC cars only gets me grief from the police :(