Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (93,102 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Star Wars Battlefront II

Darth Yokel

I tried the beta on PC. It's graphically beautiful. But it is still just a re-skinned Battlefield game more than a game with its own identity. And I don't like core Battlefield gameplay at all. In fact, if I'm being honest, I can't f*ckin' stand Battlefield.

darthYENIK

I like it. Starfighter Assault is fun. They finally figured out that just putting you in the middle of space with one or two capital ships is not fun. Give us stuff to fly around in. Im a decent pilot so I can really drive some novice players crazy by doing a maneuver where I fly around a corner, do a sharp turn, and get behind them.

Coin

So far it addresses one of the complaints that I had with the first game, which prevented me from actually buying it in the end, with the removal of the random power up system. New method is much better IMO.

Impossible to tell whether my other gripe, content, will be addressed as well in an open beta.

I like it. Starfighter Assault is fun. They finally figured out that just putting you in the middle of space with one or two capital ships is not fun. Give us stuff to fly around in. Im a decent pilot so I can really drive some novice players crazy by doing a maneuver where I fly around a corner, do a sharp turn, and get behind them.

I want to like Starfighter Assault, but flying with keyboard & mouse is utterly atrocious right now, so it's hard to get into when you get rekt by anyone using a controller.

If something happens on that front, I'll be spending a lot of time in a TIE Interceptor..

Sir Michael

The flight controls are so weird. I haven't messed around too much with the controls but it's weird using Battlefield controls in a Star Wars game... Almost unnatural IMO. I'm half tempted to have the controls on the easiest settings for now until I adjust.

Edited by Sir Michael

ARTHUR.

I tried the beta on PC. It's graphically beautiful. But it is still just a re-skinned Battlefield game more than a game with its own identity. And I don't like core Battlefield gameplay at all. In fact, if I'm being honest, I can't f*ckin' stand Battlefield.

I cannot see a single similarity it has with Battlefield par maybe 'the teams are big', the 2005 Battlefront 2 was more akin to Battlefield. It would actually serve much better if it was a direct re-skin of Bad Company 2; destructible buildings, dynamic maps, a more detailed load-out customisation, larger maps, larger teams, more vehicles that can be used at will. Battlefront II [2017] lacks any of the depth that could make it comparable.

SmokesWithCigs

The flight controls are so weird. I haven't messed around too much with the controls but it's weird using Battlefield controls in a Star Wars game... Almost unnatural IMO. I'm half tempted to have the controls on the easiest settings for now until I adjust.

Theflight controls are akmost identical to the one from the original battlefront 2. My main gripe with flying is that there is no radar hud. It kinda makes objectives hard to locate but it was still cool though.

LiangHuBBB

I never liked battlefield, but I actually enjoy bf2

been playing the beta since yesterday

trip

I've been enjoying the beta on X1. Preordered the game and all.

I enjoyed the last Star Wars Battlefront. I generally don't play large MP games...but battlefront kinda changed me.

My only gripe is with the flight controls and the auto relevel...or whatever you would call the self centering ship control. If I'm flying in space a don't want any autocorrecting - I want to feel the I am responsible for everything along the X, Y,and Z axis.

Fireman

Literally no content, nice "beta", nice "factions" if all of them are exactly the same with the exact same units.

Fun "game".

JuniorChubb

Was really enjoying this until I gave Starfighter Assault a go...

Those damn controls, got the sticks the way I like them, inverted and boom I was away in my Tie Fighter and enjoying it, then it swapped me to X-wing in the next round and all my controls went wrong again, checked the settings and nothing changed!! Hopefully this is just a beta issue.

Enjoying the other modes, those droids are so skinny though, difficult to hit mo' fo's :lol:

I enjoyed the last Star Wars Battlefront. I generally don't play large MP games...but battlefront kinda changed me.

My only gripe is with the flight controls and the auto relevel...or whatever you would call the self centering ship control. If I'm flying in space a don't want any autocorrecting - I want to feel the I am responsible for everything along the X, Y,and Z axis.

You can switch this off in the options.

Edited by JuniorChubb

trip

Cool. I did the invert up/down but didn't dive in any deeper than that crucial adjustment.

Edited by trip

darthYENIK

Yeah, I turned of the roll control on the stick. Im not used to it, so I kept going into a roll as I controlled the throttle. It gives me less control, but more at the same time. Less because I cant do crazy turns, but more because I know what Im doing.

There are little things the first game did right that I dont like that they took out. I like that there was no sniper class, and that scoped rifles like that were star cards. I like being able to chose your own character skins, with the exception of helmetless storm troopers.

They also went from keeping canon with zealot like enthusiasm to having Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Rey fighting in the Clone War. Theres a middle ground I would like to have. If a hero doesnt appear in an era, he shouldnt be in a map set in that era. I think each map should have at least two heroes per team, that are era correct. One with a light saber, one with blasters. So, on Endor have Luke and Han for one side, Vader and Boba Fett on the other. Yes, Boba Fett is in the Sarlacc pit during the battle of Endor, and Luke and Vader are on the Death Star II, but thats the middle ground. Theyre era correct, but not so beholden to canon that it hurts the gameplay.

There are other minor things, obviously. DICE likes to tweak games long after launch, things like spawn points and weapon balance.

Im definitely getting this day one. Was going to preorder, but my better judgement got ahold of me.

Edited by darthYENIK

Fireman

I might get it if it turns out there is content, but it looks like they copied the same mistakes from Battlefront 1. Was not impressed with the "beta".

Edited by Fireman

SmokesWithCigs

Those damn controls, got the sticks the way I like them, inverted and boom I was away in my Tie Fighter and enjoying it, then it swapped me to X-wing in the next round and all my controls went wrong again, checked the settings and nothing changed!! Hopefully this is just a beta issue.

Enjoying the other modes, those droids are so skinny though, difficult to hit mo' fo's :lol:

those damn stap droids are hard to see on the battle field also. i'm having fun though. I got my points up and got to play as a super battle droid and a jet trooper. I hope theres more squad based dynamics in future update such as each class having different objectives etc. also I hope they introduce more classes like engineers, bothan spies , droiddekas, republic commandos, dark troopers etc.

Edited by SmokesWithCigs

darthYENIK

Just went on a run as the Falcon. I actually turned the roll on the stick back on, and am getting used to it. Can pull off some good moves. But that Millenium Falcon is pretty much what youd hope it would be. I was zipping around pulling some maneuvers that would make Han Solo cry. Its much more nimble than the previous game, which made it feel like the Goodyear blimp.

I just want a game where I can fly the Millennium Falcon around. No multiplayer, just me and the Falcon. Maybe Chewie too.

Edit: Im going to have a heart attack. The clip I recorded has disappeared. Thats a bummer. That was a good run with the Falcon.

Edit: wait, I think I found it.

http://xboxclips.com/DarthYenik/06d9f302-4777-4a28-8476-33437e466294

Edited by darthYENIK

JuniorChubb

those damn stap droids are hard to see on the battle field also. i'm having fun though. I got my points up and got to play as a super battle droid and a jet trooper. I hope theres more squad based dynamics in future update such as each class having different objectives etc. also I hope they introduce more classes like engineers, bothan spies , droiddekas, republic commandos, dark troopers etc.

The four basic classes are set in stone across each faction, however there is room for what you are after in the classes you can 'pay' to spawn in as with your battle points. Some of your suggestions are unlikely but keep your fingers crossed.

The lootbox system in this game seems to be truly f*cked up. Just a heads up.

JuniorChubb

Edit: Cannot be bothered to get into a discussion about some blokes video that brings up something anybody with half a brain cell already knew. 17 minutes of it... really?

Edited by JuniorChubb

SmokesWithCigs

are the stats bugged. i've been in matches where i know i've gotten at least 8 solitary kills but it doesn't show on the stats all it shows are assist and thats bullsh*t. do you lose kiills when you die?

Edit: Cannot be bothered to get into a discussion about some blokes video that brings up something anybody with half a brain cell already knew. 17 minutes of it... really?

Well, he went into full detail how the lootboxes, currency and progressing the game works. It's still a beta but his arguments so far convinced me to stay the hell away from this game.

darthYENIK

I think its overblown.

are the stats bugged. i've been in matches where i know i've gotten at least 8 solitary kills but it doesn't show on the stats all it shows are assist and thats bullsh*t. do you lose kiills when you die?

I had some recent concerns about this myself.

JuniorChubb

Well, he went into full detail how the lootboxes, currency and progressing the game works. It's still a beta but his arguments so far convinced me to stay the hell away from this game.

Glad you took something from it :)

Nick1020

I enjoyed the beta but I'll probably end up waiting for a sale. Online oriented games aren't really my thing. I know it's suppose to be a SP but my gut tells me it'll be short. Either way, it's fun. I just need to get good.

Darth Yokel

Angry Joe is a f*ckin' moron though. If you want an intelligent discussion on the topic of lootboxes you should listen to TotalBiscuit:

Edited by The Yokel

HaRdSTyLe_83

Glad you took something from it :)

he is not alone

SmokesWithCigs

So this is shark card complaints all over again right? Well dont buy lootboxes problem solved. Youcan play untill you unlock them.

Murdick

Am I the only one that was let down? When I played the last beta I was left having to buy that game, but with this one I was just like meh I'll get it because the bf is..

darthYENIK

Ive fallen in love with the Y-Wing.

Its not the fastest, but its more maneuverable than people think. I was just barnstorming through that reactor area, spinning circles driving opposing pilots crazy.

Setzaroth

Angry Joe is a f*ckin' moron though. If you want an intelligent discussion on the topic of lootboxes you should listen to TotalBiscuit:

They literally say the same thing. LOL

Defending in the beta was way too easy...

Here's some gameplay on the strike mode as the Resistance. I felt like I didn't do much, and it was really easy to keep them off the objective.

SmokesWithCigs

They literally say the same thing. LOL

Defending in the beta was way too easy...

Here's some gameplay on the strike mode as the Resistance. I felt like I didn't do much, and it was really easy to keep them off the objective.

yeah its easy when your teammates aren't f*ckin idiots. I've been in matches were right at the beginning I stay there to guard the artifact and immediately the asshats break off for shootouts when we were instructed to guard the damn thing. also its the same as the last battle front, jackasses dancing in my line of fire and causing me to miss kills at critical moments etc. yester day I was in the castle and about 5 1st order troopers came right in my sights I had them right there. I threw an impact grenade hoping to wipe them out in one stroke and here comes the free aim strafe dancing asshole getting in my way. the grenade bounced off his stupid ass and hit me resulting in a suicide. I was so f*cking pissed. I wish this game had online mic communication. I know there was communication in the story missions on battlefront 1 but common ea dice at that in multiplayer where only teammates can communicate with each other and form tactics and strategies. no more of this free for all run and gun bullsh*t.