4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Gaffa

PSA: PC Players - Cheat Awareness, Discussion, Notices & News

Gaffa
4 hours ago, Kurisu655 said:

The last session I "joined", I did have props on me and went to disconnect but failed, so that could be true. My main worry is that I'd left the session but still got the "X has invited you to their apartment" black screen.

I've had the latter a few times telling me to go to a website, which I won't mention. I simply report them and block them. Whether anything happens is another matter.

As I know you worked within a certain mod menu as a moderator, that again I won't mention, do you know anything about how Rockstar works with the anti-cheat and a tampered directory? I've been thinking about how they could use a system that relies on a whitelist and anything different is blocked and sends you to single player. This would also apply to files that have been edited or have files injected into them. I'm not really that clear on the anti-cheat because some stuff fails, while others work

Hey it's okay to mention Menyoo, there hasn't been an online version for a long, long time now and it certainly won't be coming back. 

Honestly I don't really know much at all about the anti-cheat and how it all works together. I know some of its client side (like checks in the launcher) but other stuff is controlled elsewhere, probably via monitoring of globals or detected native use or recognised modules that are on their 'banned' list, whatever. 
Rockstar already have a whitelist so-to-speak in a way you mentioned - using single player mods the normal way will present you with a message about the game being modified, if you attempt to go online, and it doesn't let you. There's still various ways online mods can be loaded I guess and they don't even need to be in the game's directory to work. I did think already that they had some sort of monitoring of what's injected into the GTA5.exe or any manipulations there, but then there's probably ways around that too. 

mute!

Any idea what today's update did?

flexcreator

Slight off-top. I heard that even within the GTA "enmeshed" freeroam sessions some player is always defined as a host. Is it true?

Is there a way to determine if you are a host or not without relying on a mod menu? For example, can I check if using a traffic sniffer?

Hécate-II
47 minutes ago, flexcreator said:

Slight off-top. I heard that even within the GTA "enmeshed" freeroam sessions some player is always defined as a host. Is it true?

That would make sense, during Christmas I often landed in chinese sessions and all were literally unplayable, I could see how laggy were players just looking their movements on the map. 

Assuming everytime one of those chinese was the "host". 

Edited by Hécate-II

Fun 2
1 hour ago, flexcreator said:

Always been like that since the beginning, GTAO is P2P just like Call of Duty so there's always a host.

However, the difference is that the host can't do much in GTA Online compared to CoD, I mean he can kick players and such.

The host is basically the host of the freemode script, the one who was first in the session.

However, I don't know much about the process of who it picks after the host quits.

Edited by Fun 2

Thehunteroftruth
32 minutes ago, Fun 2 said:

Always been like that since the beginning, GTAO is P2P just like Call of Duty so there's always a host.

However, the difference is that the host can't do much in GTA Online compared to CoD, I mean he can kick players and such.

The host is basically the host of the freemode script, the one who was first in the session.

However, I don't know much about the process of who it picks after the host quits.

Any idea on what have they changed on today update?

fatdog
9 hours ago, flexcreator said:

Is there a way to determine if you are a host or not without relying on a mod menu?

I dunno, host computer supposes to do more job, so may be you can notice some extra process in process explorer. (I hope that thing in background won't get you banned)

mute!

Can't post screenshot as I'm not currently on PC but something strange happened earlier today. I loaded into an empty lobby by myself but what was strange is that it was snowing. Never had that happen to me before. 

Cavot
24 minutes ago, mute! said:

Can't post screenshot as I'm not currently on PC but something strange happened earlier today. I loaded into an empty lobby by myself but what was strange is that it was snowing. Never had that happen to me before. 

The lobby likely split while you were loading into the session. 

CuteFaceJay

Legit given up on doing anything in freemode with PC sadly. The lack of any anti cheat is a real shame to say this was meant to be a game as a service.

BlanketGrinder
2 hours ago, CuteFaceJay said:

Legit given up on doing anything in freemode with PC sadly. The lack of any anti cheat is a real shame to say this was meant to be a game as a service.

So have I. So we figured out how to use firewall to host small public lobbies. Poke me if you want intel, or find a guide on how to.

CuteFaceJay
15 hours ago, BlanketGrinder said:

So have I. So we figured out how to use firewall to host small public lobbies. Poke me if you want intel, or find a guide on how to.

I know all about it and tried it once years ago but legit can't be f*cked when I get in from work. I've just started playing the game on the xbox instead or just play that new Forza game.

Kurisu655
19 hours ago, jackrobot said:

That article gave me a headache. They say it's because it hurts Take Two's reputation. I couldn't care about their reputation after what they've done. The fact that they never put effort into a good anti-cheat is more insulting

Mediafag

HEADS UP: If you find yourself being stalked and made sure that you didn't invite that player to be your friend or to your crew, then you might not be able to do anything about it. Stalking players via Rockstar ID (R*ID) is now a menu feature.

https://imgur.com/a/7ywpMx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUVhEJHCIw

My crew is being stalked by some petty skid who keeps kicking all of the players in the sessions we're joined in. There's nothing we can do about it.

kcole4001

I played earlier today, solo public session as usual: began selling a yellow Sentinel to LSC from my garage, then did 'Diamond Shopping', then started Plowed.

2/3 of the way through the mission I saw the notification that someone left the session, even though no one appeared on the players list at the outset.

I use the port blocking method (on PC obviously) and sometimes have to session hop to find an empty lobby.

It took 3 tries to get a solo session, or at least what I thought was a solo session.

Is there some way modders can hide their presence?

flexcreator
9 hours ago, Mediafag said:

My crew is being stalked by some petty skid who keeps kicking all of the players in the sessions we're joined in. There's nothing we can do about it.

Download Wireshark, collect, save the traffic every time he does that. Share the PCAP with me in private message.

9 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

Forever off-the-radar glitch. However, if the player doesn't appear in the player's list, it just means - he was waiting in the clouds and couldn't join.

Fluffy Sock

Today I found out my 2nd character had several modded saved outfits. The classical invisible arms outfit, outfits with chessboard clothes, and so on. 

Never got these on my own, never interested in that crap. Either the game mixed someone else's outfits with mine or some modder thought it was funny to give me those outfits. 😒

Gaffa
14 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

I played earlier today, solo public session as usual: began selling a yellow Sentinel to LSC from my garage, then did 'Diamond Shopping', then started Plowed.

2/3 of the way through the mission I saw the notification that someone left the session, even though no one appeared on the players list at the outset.

I use the port blocking method (on PC obviously) and sometimes have to session hop to find an empty lobby.

It took 3 tries to get a solo session, or at least what I thought was a solo session.

I find that if I start the game with the firewall rule active (ports blocked), I'll always load into a solo public lobby that nobody else can join unless I stop blocking the ports / disable the firewall blocking them. 

However, on the point of your question, it certainly could be possible. There's been menus with a "Cut Off From Session" option, which essentially keeps your character in the session but tells everyone else that you've left. This can mean you're permanently off the radar and could even role-play as a cop (if you changed into their outfit and used their vehicles). Certain things like blowing up another player would still put the session-wide message that one player had killed another player though (if I remember correctly) but it didn't if it was the other way round. A bit weird. 

4 hours ago, flexcreator said:

Download Wireshark, collect, save the traffic every time he does that. Share the PCAP with me in private message.

Forever off-the-radar glitch. However, if the player doesn't appear in the player's list, it just means - he was waiting in the clouds and couldn't join.

Unlimited off the radar glitch and the ghost organisation glitch should've been patched... I heard those timers were hardcoded now? 

Still, what kcole4001 and Mediafag might consider doing is using that tool of yours or another one (like CodeSwine's one I linked) to only allow the game to be played with other people that give you their IP address. Obviously if you're a genuine dude and they're a genuine dude, no harm should ever come from you both knowing that information. 

1 hour ago, Fluffy Sock said:

Today I found out my 2nd character had several modded saved outfits. The classical invisible arms outfit, outfits with chessboard clothes, and so on. 

Never got these on my own, never interested in that crap. Either the game mixed someone else's outfits with mine or some modder thought it was funny to give me those outfits. 😒

Did you do, or attempt the gender change glitch that was working (and I think still is)?
I must admit, I've never heard of a modders ability to give people saved outfits. They may have been able to set an outfit or clothing items on you (perhaps?), but not have something actually recognised on your game as being one of the 20 saved outfits, so this would be a new one for me. 

Or the game could've just been acting up, we all know how that one is...

Fluffy Sock
41 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Did you do, or attempt the gender change glitch that was working (and I think still is)?
I must admit, I've never heard of a modders ability to give people saved outfits. They may have been able to set an outfit or clothing items on you (perhaps?), but not have something actually recognised on your game as being one of the 20 saved outfits, so this would be a new one for me. 

Or the game could've just been acting up, we all know how that one is...

Nope, I didn't try that glitch with any of my chars. 

Mediafag
6 hours ago, flexcreator said:

We've already traced the IP to Brazil. Unfortunately I can't use PMs yet.

flexcreator
10 hours ago, Mediafag said:

We've already traced the IP to Brazil. Unfortunately I can't use PMs yet.

Well, If you have the IP, you can try to blacklist it using the Firewall rule. In the same fashion as the whitelisting rules work.

I haven't tried that myselft, but in theory you should never end up in the same session with this modder if the rule is active

Fun 2

A background update happened two hours ago and it's related to PC.

I assume it's for patching this stalking method ?

just do it bob1
3 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

Rockstar still does patches to PC? Thought PC became a lost cause like a year and a half ago... 

Gaffa

14 hours ago, Fun 2 said:

No sadly not. There's multiple ways this 'stalking' can be achieved too, I'm informed. 

11 hours ago, just do it bob1 said:

Rockstar still does patches to PC? Thought PC became a lost cause like a year and a half ago... 

Yes sir. I believe they are still interested in making it a viable platform to play on, without cheats, but I think that'll only happen with GTA VI... if they go the right way about things... and spend a bit of money too. 

kcole4001

It happened again.

I started in a solo public, sold a car at LSC, sourced a crate, exited the truck, and there's someone else in my session now.   🤨

A level 2, no vehicle access yet, no k/d, appears to be Chinese (there seems to be a lot of new Chinese players on PC these days), so I finish the crate job, go back to my truck, the player seems oblivious, didn't approach so I'm sure he/she's a genuine new player just going about their business.

Now I can't use the drone station, I try for about a minute and ponder what to do, thought I might try to have a look see, then get the notification that a completely different player has left.

First player is still there, so time to switch sessions, I guess.

Edited by kcole4001

SHOKKERZ91
8 hours ago, kcole4001 said:

It happened again.

I started in a solo public, sold a car at LSC, sourced a crate, exited the truck, and there's someone else in my session now.   🤨

A level 2, no vehicle access yet, no k/d, appears to be Chinese (there seems to be a lot of new Chinese players on PC these days), so I finish the crate job, go back to my truck, the player seems oblivious, didn't approach so I'm sure he/she's a genuine new player just going about their business.

Now I can't use the drone station, I try for about a minute and ponder what to do, thought I might try to have a look see, then get the notification that a completely different player has left.

First player is still there, so time to switch sessions, I guess.

The totally different player that left was probably a guy that got stuck in the clouds. It happends quiete often. You can only fix that by closing the game or the suspend process method.