2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Gaffa

PSA: PC Players - Cheat Awareness, Discussion, Notices - Consider Playing Something Else

DentureDynamite

IMO, there will be minimal differences between RDR2 Online and GTA Online in terms of microtransactions and cheating.

Same Rockstar philosophy, same results.

SilverRST
Just now, DentureDynamite said:

IMO, there will be minimal differences between RDR2 Online and GTA Online in terms of microtransactions and cheating.

Same Rockstar philosophy, same results.

So flying horses that can shoot homing missiles with precision out of their asses and explosive cannon from their mouths? Armored coach with bulletproof windows?

Revolvers with railgun ammo and stealth horse? Getting milked hardcore can only be done by games created with alot of sillyness from R*.

irish.chr
45 minutes ago, SilverRST said:

So flying horses that can shoot homing missiles with precision out of their asses and explosive cannon from their mouths? Armored coach with bulletproof windows?

Revolvers with railgun ammo and stealth horse? 

Not at first, but after a year or two? I wouldn't be surprised.

SilverRST
10 minutes ago, irish.chr said:

Since RDR2 is a western game, this might happen:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409847/

DentureDynamite

^^ Hmm; actually, I've already heard one major YT'r talk about some UFO sighting in RDR2 as part of the game (and no, I'm not making this up)..!

My feeling is that the Wild West setting is just too limiting to keep players interested long-term--especially an Online version that's depending on microtransaction revenue for most of its income.

Confining new content to authentic late 1800s just isn't going to cut it.

IIRC, there's a scientist/inventor or Tesla-like individual in the game, which should tell us something about upcoming content/cheat material...

Edited by DentureDynamite

SilverRST
11 minutes ago, DentureDynamite said:

^^ Hmm; actually, I've already heard one major YT'r talk about some UFO sighting in RDR2 (and no, I'm not making this up)..!

My feeling is that the Wild West setting is just too limiting to keep players interested long-term--especially an Online version that's depending on microtransaction revenue for most of its income.

Confining new content to authentic late 1800s just isn't going to cut it.

IIRC, there's a scientist/inventor or Tesla-like individual in the game, which should tell us something about upcoming content...

That, I couldn't have said it better myself. Exactly!

I always played single player games and never liked the online part of it. But as you know it, social media needs everything online.

It would be lovely if RDR2 will come to PC and who knows, well, Razed will be for sure making NVR for it and robi/_CP_ making VisualRDR.

Other mods and content indeed will not cut it to 1800's. I'm very curious what R*.....and Take2 will do about the content for online.

Jimbatron
3 hours ago, DentureDynamite said:

IIRC, there's a scientist/inventor or Tesla-like individual in the game, which should tell us something about upcoming content/cheat material...

Oh f*@king hell. That sounds a bit like a Doc Brown type BTTF3 thing with an excuse to have flying deluxos everywhere. F*@k that.

SilverRST
1 hour ago, Jimbatron said:

Oh f*@king hell. That sounds a bit like a Doc Brown type BTTF3 thing with an excuse to have flying deluxos everywhere. F*@k that.

BTTF come to my mind since part 3 is also in the wild west. Don't forget the flying hover train...

hei3enberg
On 10/26/2018 at 7:02 PM, irish.chr said:

RDR 2 won't live that long. It's a niche game, still. It's not Grand Theft Auto and it will never replace GTA. From now on I can tell it because I've just played it today. First impression: slow ass grindy game with nice visuals and A LOT of bugs (losing guns is the real issue). Controls are still retarded though.

Gaffa
On 10/25/2018 at 8:05 PM, oleg_aka_djmeg said:

but those cheaters just buy stolen accounts for $5.

Ahh that's true, my apologies. I had thought, since all the social club site updates and requesting email logins, etc, that Rockstar actually made cracking accounts more difficult and with the CIS / Russian cd keys being around $12-15 USD I always thought, to guarantee always having access to the account, that'd be the best option seeing as those stolen accounts sometimes get recovered. 

I was probably too hopeful though. 

On 10/25/2018 at 11:21 PM, fatdog said:

Most options are malicious, every menu is a cancer, he's just being hypocrite here. You still able to ruin entire session in no time with his sh*tty product. Also I belive this menu was favorite among pretending legit tryhards due to very low ban rate (tnx to limited features), and probably it still is. Last time I heard he went off the radar to keep it running for old subscribers. 

Did they?

Yes, Rockstar did go after Infamous - there's multiple articles online from different sites, the originator being 'Torrent Freak' I believe, but I could be wrong there. Some of the developers assets have been seized, accounts frozen, etc. Yet Force Hax - the first menu Take 2 ever shut down - has reopened its doors multiple times under different names.

And you'd be wrong about Infamous' options. I never managed to get the online version especially when they started charging money for it - which is a shame really seeing as it was one of the few menus which seemed to 'patch the anti cheat' meaning you could go online, do anything and everything and not worry about getting banned, whilst at the same time as not offering malicious options, but still protecting its users if such things were used against them. Sure, there was godmode and you could teleport - so I suppose you could be malicious - but I'm talking about options in a menu to set another player on fire, to cage them, trap them, whatever - those options were omitted from the menu as far as I knew as they were against that griefing aspect. 

Anyway sorry for the late reply here guys, I've been on a bit of a hiatus. 

Kurisu655
48 minutes ago, Gaffa said:

Ahh that's true, my apologies. I had thought, since all the social club site updates and requesting email logins, etc, that Rockstar actually made cracking accounts more difficult and with the CIS / Russian cd keys being around $12-15 USD I always thought, to guarantee always having access to the account, that'd be the best option seeing as those stolen accounts sometimes get recovered. 

I was probably too hopeful though. 

Yes, Rockstar did go after Infamous - there's multiple articles online from different sites, the originator being 'Torrent Freak' I believe, but I could be wrong there. Some of the developers assets have been seized, accounts frozen, etc. Yet Force Hax - the first menu Take 2 ever shut down - has reopened its doors multiple times under different names.

And you'd be wrong about Infamous' options. I never managed to get the online version especially when they started charging money for it - which is a shame really seeing as it was one of the few menus which seemed to 'patch the anti cheat' meaning you could go online, do anything and everything and not worry about getting banned, whilst at the same time as not offering malicious options, but still protecting its users if such things were used against them. Sure, there was godmode and you could teleport - so I suppose you could be malicious - but I'm talking about options in a menu to set another player on fire, to cage them, trap them, whatever - those options were omitted from the menu as far as I knew as they were against that griefing aspect. 

Anyway sorry for the late reply here guys, I've been on a bit of a hiatus. 

Menyoo MP was somewhat similar in the non-malicious options as I remember that certain options were actually removed and things like the Insurance Fraud was never added. It's hard to remember exactly what options were removed, yet Rockstar still had it as a target. Force deserved to be taken down. One of the developers "apologised" for what they did, but then soon started working on another menu, as you say, under a different name.

I don't really understand the logic of mod menus and their use these days as they offer no value for what you can use them productively. Well, they do have the options, but these scum players deceide that causing other people issues is more productive than helping friends or other players with cargo or other legit money making ways, considering most money options within the menus are either terrible or just useless. I admit to using Menyoo MP, but I only used it in private sessions as I could think of more productive things to do with it. Of course I didn't use my main account for it as that's just stupid.

As it has been said, people just get hold of accounts that aren't theirs or have been tampered with in some way and use them as it is much cheaper than buying a new copy. Rockstar can use lawsuits all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the anti-cheat is beyond repair and at this point it feels too little, too late.

Spinethetic

It is rather bewildering to me that the menus  that actually took a stance against griefing options, even going so far as to integrate "blacklisting capabilities" which auto kicked known troll modders from sessions ... and had 99% of grief options omitted, such as the aforementioned insurance fraud as an example, are the exact same menus that received all the media coverage. *COUGH COUGH MUMBLE* smear campaign. Yet the menus that are targeted towards nothing but trolling players, with a very wide array of troll options received little, if any media coverage at all.

Anyway sidenote, the devolved menu that had released "finger of god" functions publicly got detected yet again today. Since their detection last week, there has been a very definite drop in mod trolling against players. Hopefully today's detection wiped out the remaining 5% of their active users. Tho ofc they usually just go to some seller to bruteforce crack some player's social club account for $3 and log right back in with some other equally trashy menu 🙄

Edited by Spinethetic

fatdog

Met this guy with missile barrage and godmod hax a week ago, reported him, and few days later he got rekt. Promising.

Yoqn7i5.jpg

fatdog
On 10/30/2018 at 3:42 AM, Gaffa said:

Yes, Rockstar did go after Infamous - there's multiple articles online from different sites, the originator being 'Torrent Freak' I believe, but I could be wrong there. Some of the developers assets have been seized, accounts frozen, etc.

I just found out, you was talking about recent event, from like a month ago. There is a fresh article about it: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/07/world/australia/grand-theft-auto-cheat-mods-melbourne.html Satisfying to know he's finally done.

oleg_aka_djmeg

there's this new thing (or maybe not new) where cheaters kick me from a race by giving my game a "there has been an error with this session" message.

Zarbon
27 minutes ago, oleg_aka_djmeg said:

there's this new thing (or maybe not new) where cheaters kick me from a race by giving my game a "there has been an error with this session" message.

Oh yeah, I've had that a ton myself. Not new though.

Lonely-Martin

@andris9701. This is the thread. :)

Gaffa

Ahh yeah Oleg sorry I think there's over 20 different type of "kicks" that can happen. I may have got that wrong and I'm confusing it with global events, but yeah there's an array of options sadly. 

My game crashed at the end of last night's stream attempting to get gold's in single player, after failing a mission and trying to load back to single player. It's slightly unusual for that to happen so I could've been stream sniped again by someone showing off that it's still possible to mess up people's game's without them being online - you know - this finger of God sh!te so either that's not actually patched, or they've worked around it again, or my game had a boo-boo despite doing what I'd described many times without any issue. 

hei3enberg
On 11/10/2018 at 3:18 AM, Gaffa said:

My game crashed at the end of last night's stream attempting to get gold's in single player, after failing a mission and trying to load back to single player. It's slightly unusual for that to happen so I could've been stream sniped again by someone showing off

Won't be surprised that these features are still around. I'm not even playing contacts with randoms these days because of all BS. If you have updated your driver recently, could be it too. Who knows... Missed your stream by a mile yesterday though. Shame.

Jimbatron
On 11/10/2018 at 12:18 AM, Gaffa said:

Ahh yeah Oleg sorry I think there's over 20 different type of "kicks" that can happen. I may have got that wrong and I'm confusing it with global events, but yeah there's an array of options sadly. 

My game crashed at the end of last night's stream attempting to get gold's in single player, after failing a mission and trying to load back to single player. It's slightly unusual for that to happen so I could've been stream sniped again by someone showing off that it's still possible to mess up people's game's without them being online - you know - this finger of God sh!te so either that's not actually patched, or they've worked around it again, or my game had a boo-boo despite doing what I'd described many times without any issue. 

Does the finger of god stuff work if you are signed into the social club as offline?

Not sure if you can achieve that in the settings but it’s possible I think if you launch sp with your internet disconnected, then reconnecting (e.g to do a live stream) won’t I think put your social club back out off offline mode automatically unless you ask it to. Could be wrong about that though - it’s just from memory about when my internet has dropped.

Not sure if finger of god is operating through social club or other p2p ports the game utilises?