Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Cayo Perico Heist
      2. Find Lobbies & Players
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Vehicles
      5. Content Creator
      6. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Frontier Pursuits
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

    2. GTA VI

      1. St. Andrews Cathedral
    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

PSA: Cheat Awareness, Discussion, Notices & News


Gaffa
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • flexcreator

    308

  • Gaffa

    245

  • Jimbatron

    235

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Current Major Warnings (PC): Cheaters can crash your game without being in the same session as you simply by getting your Social Club username or Social Club ID number; They can also force invites

Ladies and gentlemen, I've made a crack for the infamous Force Elite Mod Menu. Tested on the menu versions 8.8.2 and 8.8.4 It still needs some polishing and testing in online, but so far it'

Fatdog, he legitimately killed you a few times in a fat, clumsy helicopter that has no countermeasures, a tiny range, and is extremely vulnerable to bullets.   That's not comparable to Rockstar wipi

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Gaffa said:

Rockstar Games has now patched this / these methods of giving RP to other players. 

 

Didn't take long.

I find it interesting how they patch that so fast, but you can still drop money on people.

  • Like 4
  • YEE 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Zarbon said:

I find it interesting how they patch that so fast, but you can still drop money on people.

Yeah it's probably something "complex" to sort out, I dunno... spawning entities (cars, ped models, objects) will always be a thing I guess, so really there needs to be a check of whether they have some non-server applied monetary value or something. 
I have no idea really on that one. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
suicidal_banana
On 9/4/2020 at 1:16 AM, Gaffa said:

Rockstar Games has now patched this / these methods of giving RP to other players. 

 

Didn't take long.

Nice! that sh*t is scary & pretty common way cheaters try to get people auto-banned.

 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:15 AM, Zarbon said:

I find it interesting how they patch that so fast, but you can still drop money on people.

The problem with money drops is just that there are many ways in which you can 'pick up' money legitimately when playing free-mode (from a dead npc/player, from a store, from a bounty, from a event, trough a mugger, from impromptu race, etc etc) They tried to deal with money drops several times now (put a limit on how much you can gain in a certain time limit, remove the prop that cheaters used to use for money drops, etc) and each time cheaters found a work around, its just one of those classic back-and-forth between cheaters and (the few) people trying to prevent cheaters. The only way they could really fix this is make it so props cant have both a money value and 'pick-up-able' flag, but that directly translates to nobody dropping money when they die, not being able to pick up the bag from robbing a store, etc. And while those 'legit drops' are completely irrelevant to most players these days, its still a pretty big core game-play element, so they simply cant be so 'direct' in patching money drops that they could just remove the feature entirely.

 

------------------------------------------

edit since my post was still last
------------------------------------------

 

Remember seeing these messages very occasionally in the past too (like once every few months) but just now loaded into a freemode session and within 5 minutes i saw the below for 3 different players :O 

aELYzUY.png

Edited by suicidal_banana
  • Like 4
  • KEKW 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some mod menus are currently going through a "wave of bans". Hundreds of people reporting they've recently received suspensions or permanent bans. 

 

Also, there's workarounds for the RP dropping method, as some modders just changed the cards to the figurines or other collectables. 

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Black-Dragon96

^Thats something new.

I usually get messages on socialclub along with the spambots that join sessions, fill up the chat and leave.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kurisu655 said:

 

Seems these scumbags have resulted to spamming messages about their mod menus via Discord. For obvious reasons, I've blocked the URL

Ahh Discord will actually sort that out when people are using their platform to advertise for game modding services etc if you report them with the proper IDs and whatever. Their reporting system is a little better than Rockstar's - at least you know they'll be reviewed by a human being. 
Discord also has a setting in Privacy to prevent people who aren't on your friends list, or in mutual servers from sending you messages, and that can also be set on a server-by-server basis. Rockstar should actually copy that idea into GTA Online - knowing that I've been on the receiving end of message spam a few times... 

LvO9Z8y.png

 

EDITED: 

I should also mention that RP drops are still working fine so uhh... GG I guess. 

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
Pressure Drop
On 11/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, puredorian said:

Thinking of getting back into GTA Online, still an absoulte cheater mess on PC?

Any recent updates?

 

It's still a mess, and if you annoy a griefer with a menu they can track you and crash you to desktop even from an invite only lobby. I had someone start following me into sessions and crashing my game, i knew it was them following me because they used a fake name but their crew tag and player skin was the same as the griefer from before and they acted the same.

 

Try to play with just friends on PC or trusted people, not randoms, and definitely don't try to piss off a modder cos it will be a 14 year old kid who will just end up stalking you. Don't get me wrong I've grinded around 50 million and bought everything I needed to in the last few months but that was mainly casino heists with friends and 2x/3x events if they was something I liked doing. The main problem is freemode so forget public lobby business sales and stuff if it's full of randoms because you're going to end up frustrated as hell like me probably !

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
puredorian

I see.

Thanks for a response.

 

Sadly it's not a solution for me, as I like the online aspect and random people, hence the public lobbies.

Will continue to avoid the game then = /

Edited by puredorian
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Pressure Drop

Same, sometimes I log on and just want to chill in freemode and see what happens and let people come after me for no reason and stuff, I've been in very few public lobbies where there is no noticeable modding or griefing though.

 

Consoles are still pretty much fine as far as I'm aware but I haven't played on there in a long time now and it would take too much time to grind the money to buy everything I need there as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so you guys know I just had a modder give me a message from Securoserve that I had blown up a CEO's special cargo and it has now locked me out of anything to do with businesses even after a refresh of the game.

  • Like 2
  • Bruh 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Polynoid
13 hours ago, NateAssassin said:

Just so you guys know I just had a modder give me a message from Securoserve that I had blown up a CEO's special cargo and it has now locked me out of anything to do with businesses even after a refresh of the game.

It's actually a CEO feature, if you had blown up HIS cargo... But activated by cheat means. If he manipulated the timer though...

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
oleg_aka_djmeg
14 hours ago, NateAssassin said:

Just so you guys know I just had a modder give me a message from Securoserve that I had blown up a CEO's special cargo and it has now locked me out of anything to do with businesses even after a refresh of the game.

that existed for the longest time, the "bad sport" cooldown expires in half an hour (or an hour).

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 8:07 AM, BlanketFister said:

Any reports on cheaters draining your money?

 

Not that I know of sorry. 

 

- - - 

 

Seems to be a lot of misinformation going around on YouTube and Twitter etc... so just for clarification. 

Your IP address is a public address, which is absolutely, definitely and without any doubt, shared in some way with the other party or parties you're connecting to, on any part of the internet. 

It is not possible to get an accurate geographical location of where you live just from an IP address. You might get a general area, but never normally a street or home address. If they're getting that from a dynamic IP address - they're most likely not getting that from Rockstar Games, GTA Online or their mod menu... 

 

I tried five (5) different location services for attempting to find where I live based on my IP address alone. 2 of those services had the same result as another, which as far as I know is the subnet or cabinet location for the fibre internet exchange or whatever - which is roughly half a mile away - and the other two gave closer results - one about quarter of a mile south of where I live, the other quarter of a mile north. 

 

Also think about it this way: When you play GTA Online or sign up to the Rockstar Games Social Club - at what point are you inputting your residential or business address?

So if an IP address gives a general location without precision, and we're not giving this information to Rockstar, how does someone using a mod menu within the game get that information?

 

If you chat with someone on YouTube, if you engage in text or voice communication on your consoles, use Discord, or have any dealings with anyone else on the internet - aka "connect" to them somehow - then it's possible for the other party to get your IP address, and with that you can be booted offline (which is illegal in many places) - but the vast, vast majority of people never need to worry about their IP address being "known". 

 

By the way, a VPN is only one layer of security. Kitboga did a good video (on YouTube) on why you need to do more than just use a VPN if you really want to stay "safe" on the internet. 

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
dieseltech20
6 hours ago, Gaffa said:

 

Not that I know of sorry. 

 

- - - 

 

Seems to be a lot of misinformation going around on YouTube and Twitter etc... so just for clarification. 

Your IP address is a public address, which is absolutely, definitely and without any doubt, shared in some way with the other party or parties you're connecting to, on any part of the internet. 

It is not possible to get an accurate geographical location of where you live just from an IP address. You might get a general area, but never normally a street or home address. If they're getting that from a dynamic IP address - they're most likely not getting that from Rockstar Games, GTA Online or their mod menu... 

 

I tried five (5) different location services for attempting to find where I live based on my IP address alone. 2 of those services had the same result as another, which as far as I know is the subnet or cabinet location for the fibre internet exchange or whatever - which is roughly half a mile away - and the other two gave closer results - one about quarter of a mile south of where I live, the other quarter of a mile north. 

 

Also think about it this way: When you play GTA Online or sign up to the Rockstar Games Social Club - at what point are you inputting your residential or business address?

So if an IP address gives a general location without precision, and we're not giving this information to Rockstar, how does someone using a mod menu within the game get that information?

 

If you chat with someone on YouTube, if you engage in text or voice communication on your consoles, use Discord, or have any dealings with anyone else on the internet - aka "connect" to them somehow - then it's possible for the other party to get your IP address, and with that you can be booted offline (which is illegal in many places) - but the vast, vast majority of people never need to worry about their IP address being "known". 

 

By the way, a VPN is only one layer of security. Kitboga did a good video (on YouTube) on why you need to do more than just use a VPN if you really want to stay "safe" on the internet. 

Well, hate to tell you this but it pretty much lets the menu user know your exact location. Can't find it by IP alone but the menus show much more than just the IP.

 

I just used the info mine showed about me and found my house on Google Earth.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

Well, hate to tell you this but it pretty much lets the menu user know your exact location. Can't find it by IP alone but the menus show much more than just the IP.

 

I just used the info mine showed about me and found my house on Google Earth.

 

 

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and call bullsh*t on this. It's time you people stop this fearmongering.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

Call it but if you want you can join me and I can give you the info it gives me. 

No need to join, anyone adequate knows that it's bs. Unless you live in a basement  of your internet provider smh.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, dieseltech20 said:

Well, hate to tell you this but it pretty much lets the menu user know your exact location. Can't find it by IP alone but the menus show much more than just the IP.

 

I just used the info mine showed about me and found my house on Google Earth.

 

 

Yeah I replied to your private message, just waiting on a reply. 

 

It might be worth mentioning that these menus could be coded with all sorts of crap and nonsense... maybe the reason why the people who try these mod menus themselves, get accurate location info is because the mod menu is doing something more than just providing cheats in a game. The accusation alone is startling enough when other options don't suffer the same. 

Edited by Gaffa
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
2 hours ago, Gaffa said:

 

Yeah I replied to your private message, just waiting on a reply. 

 

It might be worth mentioning that these menus could be coded with all sorts of crap and nonsense... maybe the reason why the people who try these mod menus themselves, get accurate location info is because the mod menu is doing something more than just providing cheats in a game. The accusation alone is startling enough when other options don't suffer the same. 

 

This is a very good reason to avoid such "software".

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Jimbatron said:

 

This is a very good reason to avoid such "software".

 

Indeed, although it might be worth pointing out that some legitimate software might give "false positives" on scanners or whatever - where they indeed suggest there's a virus or something "bad" about the file or whatever, but in actual fact it's fine. 

Some old skool game trainers, which are absolutely legit and don't mess with your PC or whatever, might get quarantined as a virus and might show up on a majority of scanners rather than the minority, but they're actually fine - or at least nobody had reported issues in the 10+ years of existence, or whatever. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jimbatron
14 hours ago, Gaffa said:

 

Indeed, although it might be worth pointing out that some legitimate software might give "false positives" on scanners or whatever - where they indeed suggest there's a virus or something "bad" about the file or whatever, but in actual fact it's fine. 

Some old skool game trainers, which are absolutely legit and don't mess with your PC or whatever, might get quarantined as a virus and might show up on a majority of scanners rather than the minority, but they're actually fine - or at least nobody had reported issues in the 10+ years of existence, or whatever. 

 

Yes absolutely. I've had one GTA tool that my virus scanner took a dislike to and I knew it was fine - it was open source.

 

At the risk of stating the obvious for other readers, these GTA Mod Menus are basically charge for and designed to cream off R*'s income illegally. Whatever we might think of Shark Cards, there is a clear moral distinction in my mind between free mods that might technically break the EULA of the game, and software that is fundamentally created to steal a companies revenue stream. So if anyone is wavering about about whether to buy a mod menu, you really need to ask yourself if you know the creator in real life and if not, whether you can trust them.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Jimbatron

I hadn't played for about 6 months until Cayo Perico came out, and since it did I haven't been back in a public session. Whats the general status with mod menus etc?

Link to post
Share on other sites
dieseltech20

Menu users are all over the place. I know one menu has sold nearly 50000 keys and many of those were in the last few months. Any session you join you can safely assume at least half of the people in it are using a menu.

 

Only positive to that is that many folks are now buying because of the protections offered by the menus against other modders. They get into a session, take over as host and own the session by taking out asshole menu users and letting everyone else grind away. I see more peaceful session than insane. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
Gaffa

Well, one of the popular mod menus is no more - the "Luna" mod menu was apparently forced to shut its doors by Take 2 just a few days ago... or they pulled an exit scam. 

Either way, their menu is no longer operational. This was one of those that appealed to a lot of people because it was relatively cheap, had different UI designs, multiple money related cheats and of course, good protections from other malicious cheat users whilst having a somewhat strong crashing method (to crash people's games). 

Alas, they cease to exist now, so some lobbies may seem a bit more peaceful. There's still plenty of other mod menus continuing to operate however so this was probably just a "mild inconvenience" to the majority of the users.

Link to post
Share on other sites
dieseltech20

Big inconvenience because it offered THE best protections against other menu users. Oh well, one day hopefully R* will address the problems completely and deliver a game everyone can play without others ruing everything we try to do. 
 

Knew it was coming though because that menu had VERY strong crash features that pretty much no other normal menu could get past. On the flip side it could easily crash any player and the assholes abused the hell out of it. 

 

One of those assholes decided it would be cool to mess with a you tube streamer. That streamer was not amused and found out what menu was being used and where they got it. He then made a video calling it all out and getting lots of attention. First the reseller was taken down followed by the menu itself. 
 

Rumor mill says other menus are going to dealt with as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Gaffa
27 minutes ago, dieseltech20 said:

Big inconvenience because it offered THE best protections against other menu users. Oh well, one day hopefully R* will address the problems completely and deliver a game everyone can play without others ruing everything we try to do. 
 

Knew it was coming though because that menu had VERY strong crash features that pretty much no other normal menu could get past. On the flip side it could easily crash any player and the assholes abused the hell out of it. 

 

One of those assholes decided it would be cool to mess with a you tube streamer. That streamer was not amused and found out what menu was being used and where they got it. He then made a video calling it all out and getting lots of attention. First the reseller was taken down followed by the menu itself. 
 

Rumor mill says other menus are going to dealt with as well. 

 

I mean... it was "okay". They even protected their menu from people using Cheat Engine alongside it by forcing your computer to have a Blue Screen Of Death if you did that... Of course, Cheat Engine can be valuable as a reverse engineering tool, but surely there's better ways to RE or obfuscate code to not force a PC to BSOD in that eventuality. There's subscription based "buy weekly" cheats for other games that don't have any such thing. 

Regarding protections and crashing - sure it was good but believe it or not there are superior menus out there - unless everything people couldn't go against were private menus or scripts and there's no accounting for that really. Of course the base menu alone might not serve all purposes, so looking into the Reddits or Discord servers for replacement or extra scripts to run within / as an extra to the menu can be ideal in providing "more" protections than what was originally included. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
FranticGrape

GTA 5 has become so chock-full of cheaters using cheat-codes to make themselves invincible, the game's become unplayable.

 

The last three times I've tried playing GTA5 Online I've had to log off because of invincible cheats. The game's become a joke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • 2 Users Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.