Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,934 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

InstaNoodles

13 Reasons Why - Netflix

InstaNoodles

watched spectrals on netflix

movie was hella dope :)

Let's keep the conversation about 13 Reasons Why. Spectrals was a cool movie, but this isn't the thread for it.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Why this show still make me feel sad? My mom was watching in this past week so I heard parts of it again.

slohbur

Just finished this great show. Reminded me of Life is Strange. Killer soundtrack.

RogerWho

Can someone recommend some other utterly depressing young adult shows or movies? I kinda got into it.

feckyerlife

Can someone recommend some other utterly depressing young adult shows or movies? I kinda got into it.

Paper Towns, Worlds Greatest Dad. i wouldnt say they are utterly depressing, well worlds greatest dad goes from funniest movie for the first half to utterly depressing for the second. Paper Towns just has momenets of utterly depressing situations. as for shows probably An American Crime, but it just got cancelled by ABC.

RogerWho

Thanks, will check those.

Ai®a©ob®a

Literally just finished it and

The show played with my feelings like not many shows have before. It touched some personal points in places, and it was generally a great concept. Very gut-wrenching, there were some strong scenes, and the story telling was amazing. It really makes you think about how f*cked up life can really be at times, to you and to others.

One thing I found less good was that they should've showed us the trial, should've seen that motherf*cker Bryce get life in jail.

I wish they gave us an epilogue episode. It would have been more satisfying than the ending they gave us. More time to see the outcomes of the show. I heard they were planning on a second season, but I'm not sure how it'll play out. It should've probably ended with just one season.

I have to agree such with Tyler and his bootlocker full of weapons and finding out that Alex shot himself but with these cliffhangers it might be left for a Season Two but i don't know since this whole thing was situated around Hannah but there was also alot left unresolved such as the lawsuit with the suit and the 13th tape with the guidance councilor and tape 14 with Bryce admitting to Raping Hannah so there is so much left unresolved which could lead to a Season Two hopefully otherwise it's a sh*tty ending to such an amazing series.

I knew it was coming but i still had to prepare myself for the suicide scene it's so hard nto to get attached to the characters in this show, I really liked Hannah and her personality she reminds me of a girl i knew in school she didn't kill herself but she was really depressed and had some things happen to her but she sought help and got better but it's hard when you can attach a fictional character to someone you know in real life i knew it was coming but it was still really hard to watch.

I don't tear up often when watching tv/movies but i did with Hannah suicide and the tears really came once her mom found her because you know her mom had no clue it was happening last thing she remembered is Hannah loosing the $700 and then buying the tape from the store and sneaking the razor blades.

I have to wonder if her mom would've wondered anything if she saw Hannah sneaking the razor blades like she did but the transition from being mad because of all the water on the floor to finding her dead in the tub was gut-wrenching i had to stop and go play with my youngest and Buster outside for a while to clear my head.

My eldest who just turned 12 wants to watch this show, so far i have told her no but i think it might be a good thing for her to watch as it talks about taboo subjects such as

Rape, Stalking & Suicide

everything that's affecting young teens these days so i think i am going to let her watch it but only with me so we can talk about it afterwards but i still don't know still on the fence

Edited by Ai®a©ob®a

InstaNoodles

The show played with my feelings like not many shows have before. It touched some personal points in places, and it was generally a great concept. Very gut-wrenching, there were some strong scenes, and the story telling was amazing. It really makes you think about how f*cked up life can really be at times, to you and to others.

One thing I found less good was that they should've showed us the trial, should've seen that motherf*cker Bryce get life in jail.

I wish they gave us an epilogue episode. It would have been more satisfying than the ending they gave us. More time to see the outcomes of the show. I heard they were planning on a second season, but I'm not sure how it'll play out. It should've probably ended with just one season.

I have to agree such with Tyler and his bootlocker full of weapons and finding out that Alex shot himself but with these cliffhangers it might be left for a Season Two but i don't know since this whole thing was situated around Hannah but there was also alot left unresolved such as the lawsuit with the suit and the 13th tape with the guidance councilor and tape 14 with Bryce admitting to Raping Hannah so there is so much left unresolved which could lead to a Season Two hopefully otherwise it's a sh*tty ending to such an amazing series.

I knew it was coming but i still had to prepare myself for the suicide scene it's so hard nto to get attached to the characters in this show, I really liked Hannah and her personality she reminds me of a girl i knew in school she didn't kill herself but she was really depressed and had some things happen to her but she sought help and got better but it's hard when you can attach a fictional character to someone you know in real life i knew it was coming but it was still really hard to watch.

I don't tear up often when watching tv/movies but i did with Hannah suicide and the tears really came once her mom found her because you know her mom had no clue it was happening last thing she remembered is Hannah loosing the $700 and then buying the tape from the store and sneaking the razor blades.

I have to wonder if her mom would've wondered anything if she saw Hannah sneaking the razor blades like she did but the transition from being mad because of all the water on the floor to finding her dead in the tub was gut-wrenching i had to stop and go play with my youngest and Buster outside for a while to clear my head.

My eldest who just turned 12 wants to watch this show, so far i have told her no but i think it might be a good thing for her to watch as it talks about taboo subjects such as

Rape, Stalking & Suicide

everything that's affecting young teens these days so i think i am going to let her watch it but only with me so we can talk about it afterwards but i still don't know still on the fence

Coming from another teenager, I'd personally tell you to wait, but it depends on the maturity of your daughter. If she seems mature enough, then she can probably handle it. If she doesn't, I'd tell her to avoid the show for awhile. But again, it's all up to you.

Ai®a©ob®a

Rape, Stalking & Suicide

Coming from another teenager, I'd personally tell you to wait, but it depends on the maturity of your daughter. If she seems mature enough, then she can probably handle it. If she doesn't, I'd tell her to avoid the show for awhile. But again, it's all up to you.

Yeah it in my complete control, The only way she can watch Netflix is in the main room on the smart TV and only after i log in for her so i know what she's watching.

She's mature for her age, She had to grow up a little faster then most kids with her mom and i splitting up and her mom moving back to the U.K so she grew up alot faster with household chores, babysitting her sister after school and such so i give her some leeway she's an intelligent young lady very smart and mature but like i said i'm still completing on it or not.

Her friends at school parents don't keep such a tight leash on their kids so she hears about the show all the time at school but i don't want that to be the only reason i let her watch it, She doesn't care about fitting in that way anyways...

Maybe after she graduate the 7th grade i'll let her watch it over the summer that gives me a few months to think about it

Jimmy

I finished this today. It's definitely one of the well-laid dramas around. The cast is really mature and delivered some excellent performance. Katherine's a great debutant and the suspense built up after a few episodes, prompting a binge watch. The gory scenes have been lashed a lot lately but the cast's all supportive and have been cool with countering all the rumors. I'm glad that the show has been renewed for another season.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Read at your own risk:

https://www.quora.com/Does-the-new-Netflix-series-13-Reasons-Why-bother-you

While I do understand and even agree with some of the backlash, I'll give you a helpful tl;dr:

A bunch of angsty twats and know-it-all shrews who have supposedly "been there" and feel like it got nothing right at all and that it condones suicide. Well I've "been there" and was able to relate to the show in a lot of ways. Also a lot of blame placed on Hannah and how she is selfish (good god here we go with the selfish and suicide thing) and how she wasn't really depressed (as if everybody undergoes and deals with depression in the sam way)

One thing I feel people ultimately failed to realize woth this show is this: Perspective. Another thing: Nobody is perfect.

It kind of pains me to see people saying "that's not a reason to kill yourself" as if they know how that person is feeling. It is one thing to feel suicidal, another thing to actually be at the point where you could just kill yourself. Just because you can pick yourself up and recover doesn't mean everyone can. F*cking period. I'm sorry but that is the cold hard f*cking truth. Keep tellig yourself otherwise. The same things affect different people people differently.

But one point in that thread that I do agree with is the blame part. I can see both sides really but it's a bit too far. Like Tyler. As if he doesn't have problems. Come the f*ck on. Giving him a tatse of his own medicine and then some is not justice. But I feel like the writers know this actually. Otherwise they wouldn't have shown that ending seen or probably not gone through with making a second season.

Edited by Scaglietti

kaetsyth

Really enjoyed the show. The two or three first episodes were a bit too into basic teenager drama but nevertheless something in the show was really attracting and let know that it would only go better with time. I was completely hooked up, I think I didn't feel that since the two first seasons of Prison Break. Brillant show, can't wait for the second season, hoping they won't screw up.

Edited by kaetsyth

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Still annoys me when idiots say that this show glorifies suicide. No it doesn't. If you think it does, watch it again. Because clearly you didn't watch it right the first time...

Jimmy

So I guess the second season's focus will more be on the lawsuit and who gets punished. Not to mention Bryce walker's parents who're appearing this season as well.

AiraCobra
Posted (edited)

I was reading an article and I noticed another article about Season Two of 13 Reasons Why and the supposed release date will be March 31th

Edited by Ai®aCob®a

Jimmy

I'm kind of stoked to see how far the storyline can go without help from any books (sequel).

Rebel

I'm excited for season 2. Although I'm waiting for a school shooting but after America decided to up the numbers on their own, I'm hoping the show doesn't pussy out and still shows something like it.

Jimmy

Just started with Season 2. Watch only two episodes so far. If they're planning on a Season 3, it should go with a different storyline, not this one.

AiraCobra

PEOPLE PLEASE REMEMBER TO USE SPOILERS ESPECIALLY ON HIGH PLOT POINTS

PLEASE AND THANK YOU

Insert your spoiler related text here

Like Jimmy I am only a few episodes in and just like any new season your getting used to the new stuff especially with Hannah not being there narrating anymore I already miss her voice.

Peace, Love & Little Doughnut Ya'll

Mitsuha

Just finished season 2 last night.

The scene in S2E13 where Monty smashed Tyler's head and penetrated him with a mop was really hard to watch. Especially because Tyler just came back from "reformation".

Apart from that scene, I hope I'm not the only one amused at this season overall. Like Clay talking to Hannah's ghost and how bad the testimonies are done. Justin and Clay scenes were funny as well.

Also, Hannah's ghost is REALLY annoying. Imagine someone seeing Clay talking to nobody.

Jimmy

So far I'm at Jessica's subpoena. It's been hard to binge the episodes especially when I'm busy at work. I was kinda disappointed that she didn't say a thing about Bryce. Again, who's the girl on tape 9? Can't wait to find out. Justin's back? it'll be interesting to see how that fares out. Atleast he's getting along with Clay. Also, I was disappointed to see Skye's fate. I feel like she could play a more important part in the story.

AiraCobra

So I went back and watched the first episode again as I was half asleep while watching the first few episodes so I wanted to rewatch them again while I'm somewhat fresh

So here my question there is no real answer here as it's more or less a "guess" but in Tyler testimony he testifies that Hannah sought him out as a photographer first at school and then as a photo shoot and as he progresses he talks about how he saw Hannah "Sexting" and sending nudicals of herself to another boy.

So here the question - Do you think this really happened? If so what part of it if not all of it? or do you believe Tyler is delusional and though he and Hannah had something going on between them but simply dreamt of Hannah advances towards him and proceeded to stalk her but in his mind he was just doing what she wanted and then something happened to cause him to feel slighted and felt Hannah had "betrayed" him with another boy.

Before we get too far into this discussion of Season Two anybody want to guess who might be the mysterious voice on the mystery tape?

I though for a while that it could be Skye but I'm not 100% convinced

Mister Pink

Watching the final episode of the first season tonight! And to think I posted on the first page after watching first few episodes and posting now only finishing the season. That's what happens when you watch TV shows slowly, many of them and have an addiction to The Sopranos and other HBO dramas.

Looking forward to season 2!