Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,220 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

InstaNoodles

13 Reasons Why - Netflix

RogerWho

I don't get what's up with the shooting, and with Tyler buying a gun. A red herring maybe, or a dropped storyline. I've still not read [most of] the book so dunno if it's also there but considering the style it's written in, I doubt either of those bits are in.

There's some speculation ongoing about 2nd season and apparently the producers said something along the line of "we'll see" but honestly I don't see the point. Yea an epilogue episode would have been nice but an entire season is massively redundant. What would we be getting, more prequel or a court drama?

I don't get it why whenever something good with a closed, finished storyline appears - a movie, a TV series, a game or an episodic game season - almost immediately people start calling for a sequel. Can't we just leave good things be? And then we complain when things get milked to death.

Edited by RogerWho

InstaNoodles

Great show.

Definitely going to recommend to people for this show.

I had to laugh to see Bryce's face when he figures out there's this tapes he doesn't know about. Still don't get why Alex would do so.

At one point, I thought Justin shot Bryce. But seeing Justin left him not-so night time yet, it's impossible.

I don't think a second season is needed, unless it's alternate ending

Any second season coming?

Kinda, I've found websites that talk about how a second season is planned, but nothing is confirmed. But yeah, a second season wasn't needed. Honestly, they should've just finished with an epilogue episode and left it at that.

Shiva.

I don't get what's up with the shooting, and with Tyler buying a gun. A red herring maybe, or a dropped storyline. I've still not read [most of] the book so dunno if it's also there but considering the style it's written in, I doubt either of those bits are in.

There's a viral theory that suggests that it was Tyler who shot Alex and is also planning to go on a revenge shootout against other kids like Justin, Clay, Zack etc which explains why he had photos of them hanging in his room. Pretty spot on theory if you'd ask me.

Lubas

There's a viral theory that suggests that it was Tyler who shot Alex and is also planning to go on a revenge shootout against other kids like Justin, Clay, Zack etc which explains why he had photos of them hanging in his room. Pretty spot on theory if you'd ask me.

It contradicts the call then, it says we have a 17 year old who shot himself in the head. But it is possible for Tyler to get revenge on others, but not Alex I guess.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

First I'll say that I'm usually very desensitized to shows. But this show did make me feel quite a bit upset. Not only because it's just overall dark and sad but I can also relate to it and actually find it a bit accurate. I watched it like last weekend I think.

The cinematography was perfect, on point. How could they make such a dark show seem so vibrant? I also love the attention to detail. Notice how every flashback is more vibrant than present scenes, it's usually vise versa. And it kept me interested from the first episode. I don't particularly like binge watching so I watched one episode one day, two or three at different times the next, and got more hooked. Anyways, onto what affected me:

Yes the suicide scene was pretty gut wrenching. But I think the moment that had me choking the most was when her mother last saw her alive. That was when she was buying the razor blades from their pharmacy store. It's just terrible. Her mother didn't suspect and thing and you can see just how much she loved her. And unfortunately Hannah was too far gone to even reach out for help from them and figured they'd be better off without her. I don't know, that seen had me feeling so bad.

And then onto the topic of Tyler. I get that what he did was wrong and as a victim of minor stalking myself I can only imagine what it must feel like to have pictures of you in your bedroom plastered on the internet. But it kind of tore me apart how people treated him. I just think he needed help. Stalking somebody was too far but I think he needed help. And I don't particularly like what Clay did to him either, it just made matters worse even though he did play a role in Hannah's suicide (though small if I'm honest). When Hannah confronted Tyler and asked for the picture I just thought it was kind of f*cked up at the end when he asked if she wanted to ever hang out and she gave him that petty laugh and look which you could see tore him apart, which is why he ended up posting the photo. And then the end with all of those guns. I feel like it hinted more at a school shooting. And no I don't think he killed Alex, that's just dumb imo. I'm pretty sure he removed the picture of him from his room after remembering how he stood up for him once even if it wasn't a lot. It's very clear Tyler's at his breaking point. What he did was awful but there's a point where payback or revenge is just taken way too far.

Shows just a mess (in a good way) and it shows you many perspectives. I like how it doesn't just show one side and lead you on to say "that's the bad guy" unless it's really a bad person. I don't think I hate any character outside of Bryce of course but in a good way. Great acting.

Edited by Scaglietti

InstaNoodles

First I'll say that I'm usually very desensitized to shows. But this show did make me feel quite a bit upset. Not only because it's just overall dark and sad but I can also relate to it and actually find it a bit accurate. I watched it like last weekend I think.

The cinematography was perfect, on point. How could they make such a dark show seem so vibrant? I also love the attention to detail. Notice how every flashback is more vibrant than present scenes, it's usually vise versa. And it kept me interested from the first episode. I don't particularly like binge watching so I watched one episode one day, two or three at different times the next, and got more hooked. Anyways, onto what affected me:

Yes the suicide scene was pretty gut wrenching. But I think the moment that had me choking the most was when her mother last saw her alive. That was when she was buying the razor blades from their pharmacy store. It's just terrible. Her mother didn't suspect and thing and you can see just how much she loved her. And unfortunately Hannah was too far gone to even reach out for help from them and figured they'd be better off without her. I don't know, that seen had me feeling so bad.

And then onto the topic of Tyler. I get that what he did was wrong and as a victim of minor stalking myself I can only imagine what it must feel like to have pictures of you in your bedroom plastered on the internet. But it kind of tore me apart how people treated him. I just think he needed help. Stalking somebody was too far but I think he needed help. And I don't particularly like what Clay did to him either, it just made matters worse even though he did play a role in Hannah's suicide (though small if I'm honest). When Hannah confronted Tyler and asked for the picture I just thought it was kind of f*cked up at the end when he asked if she wanted to ever hang out and she gave him that petty laugh and look which you could see tore him apart, which is why he ended up posting the photo. And then the end with all of those guns. I feel like it hinted more at a school shooting. And no I don't think he killed Alex, that's just dumb imo. I'm pretty sure he removed the picture of him from his room after remembering how he stood up for him once even if it wasn't a lot. It's very clear Tyler's at his breaking point. What he did was awful but there's a point where payback or revenge is just taken way too far.

Shows just a mess (in a good way) and it shows you many perspectives. I like how it doesn't just show one side and lead you on to say "that's the bad guy" unless it's really a bad person. I don't think I hate any character outside of Bryce of course but in a good way. Great acting.

Personally, I sort of liked Tyler's punishment. It felt right, like in a sick and twisted eye-for-an-eye way. But, like all things, it was a spur-of-the-moment feeling. But I guess that makes me no better than the bullies. I kinda dehumanized Tyler after his episode and I couldn't stand the sight of him.

When he asked Hannah if he and her could hang out, I don't agree with how she handled it, though. She made it seem more like she was saying, "Oh, you're a creepy geek, that's why I'm saying no," basically punishing the person and not the action.

One of the things I liked about 13 Reasons Why was that none of the characters had to be likable. I saw on Reddit that people were criticizing the show for this, but that's the point. Most of them were black or white, just gray. For example, at some points, I found myself not liking Hannah. She just seemed too naive for her own good in some moments. Even Clay found some low moments.

Edited by InstaNoodles

RogerWho

The entire last 2 or 3 episodes had a very tragic vibe as you watch her, with Clay or with her parents, and you know she's going to kill herself so soon and nobody had an idea.

Yea when she took those razor blades from the store, I had to pause and go clear my head. I mean, suicide, especially teen/child suicide is bad in itself (and they depicted it in all its anti-glory) but it's really the things that lead the person to the action, and how nobody else really knows about it, is the tragic part.

At the beginning I thought that she was being petty and naive and has caused a lot of her problems for herself. Which is probably somewhat true. But things like that happen too, a lot of teen suicides happen just for reasons that may seem somewhat petty to outsiders, especially adults. Now add to that if a person isn't exactly well balanced, or needs more attention than they are getting, and the recipe for disaster is there.

In any case, her downward spiral is so clear. While I didn't exactly like the addition of teen rape, and that entire incident with the stop sign was really weird, it shows how someone who already has enough gets to a breaking point.

I really liked the bit that after recording the 12 tapes, she felt somewhat invigorated. I think that making those recordings was in fact her way of self-therapy. I also think that she was hoping someone will notice what she's doing, possibly even find the tapes while she's making them. She mentioned her 'school project' a few times and she probably could've taken the tapes without saying anything (possibly from storage; nobody would notice). She definitely wanted to ask for help but didn't know how or even if she can. She also said that in her message to Clay after all.

The little bits like that are I think what sells the story. I think Hannah was an introverted person, but probably constantly felt pushed towards being more outgoing. Perhaps from her mother too who used to be the popular girl. Hannah's numerous dismissals of nerdy ways sometimes also felt like she's trying to distance herself from her own nature, and trying to be someone else. No wonder she couldn't handle herself well; she was a fish out of water.

Regarding Tyler, I'm still miffed about another photographer being depicted a pervert. (As a former photographer, I used to get a lot of sh*t from people. One of the reasons why I quit.) But apart from that, he's of the same sort. An obvious introvert who doesn't really know how to talk to people or make friends, because the society greatly prefers the popular, loud extroverts and thus everybody is pushed to be like that. But not everyone can or even wants to, but especially in the teenage years that pressure from outside is really strong.

In an ideal world, Hannah and Tyler could have been an ideal couple from what we know.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Personally, I sort of liked Tyler's punishment. It felt right, like in a sick and twisted eye-for-an-eye way. But, like all things, it was a spur-of-the-moment feeling. But I guess that makes me no better than the bullies. I kinda dehumanized Tyler after his episode and I couldn't stand the sight of him.

When he asked Hannah if he and her could hang out, I don't agree with how she handled it, though. She made it seem more like she was saying, "Oh, you're a creepy geek, that's why I'm saying no," basically punishing the person and not the action.

One of the things I liked about 13 Reasons Why was that none of the characters had to be likable. I saw on Reddit that people were criticizing the show for this, but that's the point. Most of them were black or white, just gray. For example, at some points, I found myself not liking Hannah. She just seemed too naive for her own good in some moments. Even Clay found some low moments.

I don't think the "no character had to be likable" thing was the point. I think it was more like, nobody is perfect. Clay had some low moments but he's well, a person. A high school student at that. I don't know I kind of watched the show without really judging any one but eventually Bryce and Courtney at the end. Best to do it that way imo.

InstaNoodles

I don't think the "no character had to be likable" thing was the point. I think it was more like, nobody is perfect. Clay had some low moments but he's well, a person. A high school student at that. I don't know I kind of watched the show without really judging any one but eventually Bryce and Courtney at the end. Best to do it that way imo.

Yeah, that's what I ment when I said that. And I found myself pleasantly contradicted when a character broke my expectations. Jessica, for example, I didn't like her when she slowly became a bitch as the story went on, mainly because, initially, I liked her when she was first introduced. But after everything, she surprised me at the end when she told Clay to hang onto the tapes. She genuinely surprised me.

Algonquin Assassin

Been watching this over the last week. What a masterpiece. So well acted and the handling of the subject matter was so brilliantly executed.

The last 4 episodes really got to me especially all the events surrounding...

the party. That Bryce. What a dickhead.

The suicide scene was hard to watch, but kudos to the writers for having the balls to pull it off as confronting as it was.

Jimmy

I watched the Pilot last night. Thanks for the spoilers people. Definitely one of the well-laid teenage dramas these days. Not gonna binge-watch it though.

LiangHuBBB

just watched spectral recently, once of the best movies Ive seen so far on netflix

InstaNoodles

I watched the Pilot last night. Thanks for the spoilers people. Definitely one of the well-laid teenage dramas these days. Not gonna binge-watch it though.

That's too bad. It is a binge-worthy show once the suspense picks up.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I hate the media:

https://m.mic.com/articles/175211/this-is-the-problem-with-the-13-reasons-why-welcome-to-your-tape-meme#.xPHgjvmpe

It's a show. All of these doctors and desperate journalists can f*ck off.

And I feel that there is a sad truth that people aren't willing to realize. That some people do kill themselves because of others and that at least the one who commits suicide feels like it was their fault. Of course nobody wants to ever admit it but it's the truth and, well, truth hurts.

Edited by Scaglietti

InstaNoodles

I hate the media:

https://m.mic.com/articles/175211/this-is-the-problem-with-the-13-reasons-why-welcome-to-your-tape-meme#.xPHgjvmpe

It's a show. All of these doctors and desperate journalists can f*ck off.

And I feel that there is a sad truth that people aren't willing to realize. That some people do kill themselves because of others and that at least the one who commits suicide feels like it was their fault. Of course nobody wants to ever admit it but it's the truth and, well, truth hurts.

Wow, really? Obviously, they live in a different reality. Like it or not, that is the reality. The blame can and will fall on others, and it sucks but it's real.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

A comment I read on Alex:

Anyone who claims Alex was shot by Tyler has definitely missed the entire point of Alex's subplot. His suicide depicts how easy it is for everybody to miss the warning signs of a depressed/suicidal person, despite propaganda (aka. the posters that were put up in the school) being displayed right in front of them. All the kids were too busy worrying about the tapes, the drama and their own secrecy to see Alex deteriorate. My friend and I both agreed that he was looking physically drained by episode 12, a complete 180 of his persona in the beginning. I have no idea why Tyler had all those guns, but Alex was not killed by him.

I could not agree more.

Nelly2K

I'm presuming this is quite gory then,

like do you actually see the entire end scene etc cause personally I couldn't be handling that no matter if it was real or acted.

InstaNoodles

like do you actually see the entire end scene etc cause personally I couldn't be handling that no matter if it was real or acted.

Yes, some scenes require a strong stomach.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Really the way it affected people I found harder to watch than the act itself.

Algonquin Assassin

The only scene that made my stomach churn was

the suicide itself.

Nothing else really phased me even if they were disturbing.

InstaNoodles

The only scene that made my stomach churn was

the suicide itself.

Nothing else really phased me even if they were disturbing.

I found the rape scenes hard to watch. Especially Hannah's rape.

Nelly2K

I think I'll give it a bum steer I won't f*cking sleep with all that I'm a major pussy when it comes to blood/gore/

rape? wtf is there any need for that? It could probably be suggested I doubt it needs showing.

Kirsty

Binged it over the last week, colour me impressed. I couldn't stop watching it. Very good acting from the leads and some very important issues brought into the spotlight. The whole show has been playing on my mind a bit since finishing it, really makes you think.

The rape scenes were hard to watch, and the suicide, damn... I got it spoiled that it would be appearing on screen so I was anticipating it every episode, but when it actually happened it was a shock to the system, it physically gave me a feeling in my stomach.

I read they are doing a second season? Not sure why it's needed, though I would have liked to see more resolution like there's a few unanswered questions and seeing Bryce getting what he deserved would have been nice. I'm wondering are they going to turn it into a wider series about mental health and bullying (i.e. beyond the story of the original book). With all the guns Tyler compiled and then removing the picture of Alex after he'd shot himself at the end, maybe they will do something on school shootings.

InstaNoodles

Binged it over the last week, colour me impressed. I couldn't stop watching it. Very good acting from the leads and some very important issues brought into the spotlight. The whole show has been playing on my mind a bit since finishing it, really makes you think.

The rape scenes were hard to watch, and the suicide, damn... I got it spoiled that it would be appearing on screen so I was anticipating it every episode, but when it actually happened it was a shock to the system, it physically gave me a feeling in my stomach.

I read they are doing a second season? Not sure why it's needed, though I would have liked to see more resolution like there's a few unanswered questions and seeing Bryce getting what he deserved would have been nice. I'm wondering are they going to turn it into a wider series about mental health and bullying (i.e. beyond the story of the original book). With all the guns Tyler compiled and then removing the picture of Alex after he'd shot himself at the end, maybe they will do something on school shootings.

Glad to see you enjoyed it!

The second season really wasn't needed. We just needed a conclusion or an epilogue episode, but if it's planned, I am curious to see how it'll play out. The fallout should be interesting.

Ducard

This show is amazing, pleasantly surprised. I'm hooked. At the 4th episode atm.

Edited by Ducard

Raavi

Not sure how I feel about that. The first season was adapted from a book to which (to my knowledge) there is no sequel that could serve as a launching point for the second season. Sure there were some plot points left unresolved, but not to a degree that would really help a second season flow naturally from what we got in the first. It'll be interesting to see what they to come up with, and if they manage to stay true to what made the first season so impactful, but I'm skeptical.

RogerWho

I still think this show can't be overrated enough. I don't think I've ever seen anything else that is both engaging to watch AND serves such a noble purpose (awareness).

Re the 2nd season, I'm indifferent. I still haven't got around to reading the book but I can tell that all the loose points have been created by the show makers anyway (the book is little more than a stream of thoughts of two people). I'm not a fan of these additions, but since the show creators made those plot threads in the first place, they might as well finish or expand on them.

Edited by RogerWho

Lubas

Season 2 confirmed.

I expect school shooting by Tyler.

Which results in Bryce getting killed, probably

What do you all think will happen in Season 2?

LiangHuBBB

watched spectrals on netflix

movie was hella dope :)