Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SOMEfnGUY

VCS had the BEST hand to hand melee combat system

SOMEfnGUY

Breaking necks, throwing people, just better in general...

Agree, Disagree?

Edited by SOMEfnGUY

gtafaninwest

Definitely agree.

Pastry

The most in depth one for sure. IV is probably the only other GTA I can think of that could compete with it. Too bad VCS doesn't have counters.

anthony

VCS combat system is nice, brutal and can be vicious. I agree with Pastry on the fact that GTA 4 melee system is the only one that could compete with stories, to me these two are the best of the series.

Tycek

Both VCS and IV close combat systems are easily the best in the series, but both could greatly benefit from the feature from the other system. VCS could use counters, while IV would be better with grapples.

Femme Fatale

Agreed.

Inadequate

Totally agree. VCS melee combat system was and is awesome.

Sumitaser

Definitely. Only problem is the fact that you can't move while using melee weapons. Some is the rampages were insanely difficult because of this.

Platybus

VCS' combat system was one of the greatest surprises in the game. I mean, except for In the Air Tonight, in the game there is almost no instance where you have to fight hand-to-hand against someone, yet the dev put their effort into this functionality. It's always welcome, of course. :lol:

Good Hombre

Disagree, IV had the best combat system.

Edited by Good Hombre

VictorVance1239

They had all of these cool features in San Andreas, Vice City Stories and V yet failed to keep any of it around in V. It makes absolutely no sense how much they dumbed just about everything down in V.

eCola

Yeah, I agree that VCS has the best fist fighting features in the whole series. But if IV had grappling, that might be a different story. Might.

SmokesWithCigs

stop bringing up gta IV. its about vice city stories in this thread. gta 4's melee was stiff. the counter was unresponsive and the blocking was weak. you gta IV fanboys get carried away with it. I play the game its a good game i'll give it that but gta IV is not the penultimate gta game that is subject to opinion.

HigorSM

stop bringing up gta IV. its about vice city stories in this thread. gta 4's melee was stiff. the counter was unresponsive and the blocking was weak. you gta IV fanboys get carried away with it. I play the game its a good game i'll give it that but gta IV is not the penultimate gta game that is subject to opinion.

He asked if someone agree or disagree with him about VCS be the GTA with the best melee combat on the series, other people posted that they disagree and think IV has a better melee combat system, nobody here is saying that VCS sucks and IV is much better than it or something like this.

4nsmiley

i never seen any of those move in GTA IV maybe I'm just bad at combat in that game. But VCS has best combat system

Edited by 4nsmiley

jaljax

It had a great combat mechanic , but the only thing i disagree about it is the fact that you are stuck in position when getting punched ... i see they were going with a different approach though for the last 3D game in the series making it the most difficult in that era in my own opinion..

mde2

I wouldn't call it the best but it's certainly the most satisfying in the entire series.

Miamivicecity

Personally if you combined GTA IVs counters with the grappling in VCS youd have a hell of a melee system that would be so brutally satisfying. Its the best of the 3D era, but GTA IVs is still the best overall IMO.

Edited by Algonquin Assassin

The Coconut Kid

It's hard to argue against GTA IV's combat system when they had Bas Rutten doing the mo-cap for the counter attacks, but the actual striking always felt sluggish to me, especially when you're punching someone on the ground. Actually picking your target up off the ground and throwing them around/or pummeling them into oblivion in Vice City Stories felt insanely satisfying, although it's also pretty sweet when Niko lands a counter blow. A combination of the two would have been fierce.

Did anyone play The Godfather game that came out around the same year? Best hand to hand combat in any open world game I have ever played...